[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and a few Friends are working on an RPG based on Mad Max and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: 960.jpg (108KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
108KB, 960x540px
Me and a few Friends are working on an RPG based on Mad Max and Borderlands(for personal use but if you want a copy just hmu), i mostly focuses on customizing vehicles and combating them, but has sci-fi elements, im looking for input and ideas for the game and i thought you guys would enjoy that. so whatcha got /TG/
>>
File: IMG_0975.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0975.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>53680094
Leveling up should be based on what car parts you get, and should function similar to Shadowrun's karma system. It gives players a good reason to split loot amongst each other, and can be used as a carrot in a pinch.

Gasoline mechanics (how much certain cars burn, how accessible gas is) should be thought out, but left to the DM's discretion.

Needs Buford T. Justice as a recurring character.
>>
>>53680234
i agree with the fuel, but leveling will be done through buying these "Disks" that give you skills, after 5 you level up
>>
Simply play apocalypse world
>>
>>53680735
hmmm no
>>
>>53680735
Heeeeeeeelllll no
>>
post what you have so i can steal
>>
>>53680273
The only reason I don't agree with catch-all discs JUST for leveling up is because it doesn't give the feel like you're building YOUR car. I can see it if you're using the disks for buying car parts that increase a stat, but not as "Insert Disk into Car to Level Up."

If anything, I think combining car parts (aka equipment) with levels would be interesting. Each part represents a set of stats; getting a better part gives you better numbers and ups the avg "level" of the car. The stats can be decreased via wear and tear, which can be repaired, or by taking damage in the wrong place, which can still be repaired but sometimes not all the way.
>>
>>53680234

>should function similar to Shadowrun's karma system

Explain?
>>
>>53680094
I had made up some fallout stuff for highwaymen once, have to see if I can find it. Meanwhile, do you want an idea for characters entering trances which become the basis for a new religion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_hypnosis

Worship of the Way, a sort of cargo cult which protects and maintains the highway themselves. Respectful outsiders which provide a toll may use it safely. Over time, this might turn into a sort of post-apocalyptic road patrol which enforces the Comands instead of traffic law, but the latter overlaps quite abit with the former. They use white segmented lines as warpaint.
>>
>>53681886
Seconded!

>>53682266
That's... pretty cool!
>>
File: mad max magic setting.png (1MB, 2983x2740px) Image search: [Google]
mad max magic setting.png
1MB, 2983x2740px
>>53680094
>>
File: Post Apocalyptic BDSM.png (177KB, 1402x214px) Image search: [Google]
Post Apocalyptic BDSM.png
177KB, 1402x214px
>>53683484
>>53680094
Go full magical realm.

Also, just play Apocalypse World. It's pretty darn weird and pretty darn good.
>>
>>53681924
Shadowrun has a variant of character advancement where the GM would award experience points called Karma. You do not automatically level up like normal exp points. Instead, you can spend those Karma poiints to increase a stat permenantly or to gain feats (or what the system calls feats, I cannot remember.)
>>
File: A_weapon_to_surpass_metal_gear.jpg (95KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
A_weapon_to_surpass_metal_gear.jpg
95KB, 960x540px
Give a bit of edge in power to massive blowers, to fit the movies. Aldo LS swap everything

N/a gasoline and turbodiesels for economy
You can substitute gas with E85 [ethanol (corn juice)] and diesel with natural oil, because y'know, apocalipse

If they go through a sandstorm give them a power malus until they clean/change filters

Remember to add a motorcycle gang
>>
>>53688261
That picture really sums up the Danish military.
>>
File: Ronin14004.jpg (2MB, 2000x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Ronin14004.jpg
2MB, 2000x1335px
>>53688261
Also
>offerings and prayers to appease the carb gods
>v10 and v12 cultists waging holy war against each other
>v6 slowly replacing v8s
>4banger plebs
>the false prophet, the boxer engine
>satan, he who shuns pistons and revs past the redline he was giveth, the wankel
>small trinkets to repel the skid demon (bikers only)
>black tree figures as standing marks (car only)
>import cultists
>cummins swapped tesla rolling coal
>>
File: airbox_v.jpg (182KB, 1000x1387px) Image search: [Google]
airbox_v.jpg
182KB, 1000x1387px
How in depth are you willing to go with parts?
I can assure you m/o/dding can be made as crunchy as 3.5pf
>>
>>53690212
Why bump with no contributions or questions?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.