[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GM insists on using social mechanics and alignment for social

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>GM insists on using social mechanics and alignment for social interactions
>the concept of solving these things through direct roleplay is new to him

and he was doing this for 2 years
>>
The dichotomy is dumb. Like anything else in the system, you need both- The rules and the fluff.
>>
>>53678833
You should offer to GM. Then you wouldn't need to come here and bitch.
>>
>>53678833
And now thanks to your intervention the DM is enlightened and has become a better DM because of it.

And they both lived happily ever after.

THE END
>>
>>53678994
Railroading cunt.
>>
>>53678833
>alignment
>social mechanics
What game has both of those?
>>
>>53679054
Early D&D - random encounters made you roll what you meet first and then (if anything) roll on reaction chart, your Alignment (and Charisma modifier) could affect the results. People didn't use this much, because vast majority of the results were "nothing happens" and some of the others were guaranteed party wipe.
>>
>>53679176
I don't think that's what OP meant. Can't imagine using something as barebones as that for two years.
>>
>>53679176
Isn't that just for first impressions, though, with the rest being up to rp?
>>
>>53678833
Maybe you are shitty roleplayer and he is trying to help you, OP?
>>
>>53679243
Yes.
>>
>>53678833
Huh, well, alright. I guess if you lay things out to him he might find it intriguing. Elsewise, he might actually just like using the old system even after you explain role-play to him. What did he say when you brought it up?
>>
>>53679054
the shitty ones that pretend to make a wargame an RPG
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.