/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Shadow of the Demon Lord more similiar to D&D 4e or 5e?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: pobrane (1).png (3KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane (1).png
3KB, 128x128px
Is Shadow of the Demon Lord more similiar to D&D 4e or 5e? I'm talking mainly about classes and powers.
>>
>>53672606
4e
>>
>>53672940
Someone told me 5e, and that you mix 3 classes.
>>
>>53675534
Someone told you wrong. You don't mix 3 classes; that's SRS.

You choose a Novice Path at level 1, an Expert Path at level 3 and a Master Path at level 7, which makes the whole system more akin to 4e's Class, Paragon Path and Epic Destiny structure.
>>
>>53675838
Thanks, now I understand. It sounds like some MMORPG which I love in my TTRPG.
>>
I've been thinking of picking SotDL up does anyone have some thoughts on it? How does it weigh against other role playing games?
>>
>>53675910
wat
>>
File: Ragnarok-Online.jpg (76KB, 787x684px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnarok-Online.jpg
76KB, 787x684px
>>53676173
>>
>>53676358
Except that's not how it works. Remove Novice, add lines from every 1st Job to every 2nd Job, from every 2nd Job to every 3rd Job and from every 2nd Job to every 2nd Job.
>>
So I checked the rulebook and I'm disappointed, it looks more like 5th edition, there aren't many powers to use. I will take 4e over this.
>>
>>53676730
You'll find almost no other tabletop RPGs with 4e's practice of having an action bar of heavily templated abilities with different cooldown times. May I suggest playing an actual MMO for that.
>>
>>53676730
It's a core rulebook and it only goes to level 10: Even so, it still has plenty of spells.
>>
>>53676974
I'm making my own RPG.
>>
>12 replies
>4 posters

Okay OP, how much is this just baiting yourself?
>>
>>53676974
>You'll find almost no other tabletop RPGs with 4e's practice of having an action bar of heavily templated abilities with different cooldown times.

I mean... isn't this just spell lists? There's like 50 pages of that in both 3.5 and 5e., and a few pages in all editions in fact.

Or does it only count if the templating is concise?
>>
>>53672606
Class-wise it's more 4e-esque but the entire system is very close to 5e
>>
>>53676974
Cooldowns like barbarian rages and paladin smites?
"Action bar of heavily templated abilities" like Full Attack, Trip, Disarm, and every spell?
>>
>>53678243
>Or does it only count if the templating is concise?
Precisely.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.