[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide to run a horror campaign >"Here is my character,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 500.png (206KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
500.png
206KB, 500x361px
>decide to run a horror campaign
>"Here is my character, he has no concept of fear and doesn't want to get involved with hauntings and shit"

>switch to dungeon crawl
>"Here is my character, he can't fight for shit and hates even stepping near dungeons"

>switch to seafaring exploration
>"Here is my character, he hates the ocean and wants to go up the mountain to mine snow"

>switch to political game
>"Here is my character, he is an antisocial hermit and will avoid contact with anyone from the group."
>>
Talk about expectations and desires for the campaign before you play.
>>
>>53640328
go fuck yourself you entitled subhuman piece of shit

>>53640360
I think that "don't go against the theme of the game" is just common fucking decency expected of the players.
Would you like it if your cozy exploration campaign had a war criminal with a foot fetish in it?
>>
>>53640520
Fuck you. I made a game, everyone comes with an appropriate character, the same fag comes and wants to be contrarian.

So once again, go drink bleach namefaging cunty faggot.
>>
>>53640376
>muh session zero

This is some advanced level trolling because it's managed to make me both confused and angry. Not only is a session zero a universally good idea for any campaign, but talking about what you expect out of your players before they make their characters is never not a good idea.
>>
File: (You).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>53640328
I'm surprised that even after you explained the joke, people still go head-on for that bait.
Good job, Wayne my m8, have a (you).
>>
>>53640520
There's a difference between a gm not being willing to work with their players, and a player being a contrarian fuckwit who is just going against what the gm is setting up.

If I am running a classic gothic horror game, and a player is demanding to play an animu styled ninja, I aint gonna be happy.
>>
File: 65f.jpg (65KB, 634x1024px) Image search: [Google]
65f.jpg
65KB, 634x1024px
>>53640328
>it's the GMs job to be a complete doormat and sacrifice everything he wants to do because of a single dingbat trying to undermine the game
>>
>>53640188
> there is the fucking door
>>
>>53640839

Isn't that basically Castlevania/Ravenloft?
>>
>>53640188
If you make a character that doesn't fit the themes and tone of an adventure you need to make a new one or leave. Simple as that.

>>53640328
Here's your (You). Now get out.
>>
File: 1490504451495.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1490504451495.gif
178KB, 160x160px
>Roll on tables for generating random stats about character
>Halfling
>Ambidextrous
>Becomes more skilled as things die around him
>Beautiful as all get out
>Well balanced stats due to me abandoning any magical ability at all
>Parents were craftsmen
>Ditch the combat monster roll I was made for and make a mechanic
>My face when I'm in a party with a Giant Warrior, a Human Berserker turned healer, a Pyromancer and two changeling assassins who trivialize the game to the point where nothing matters
>But am the only one who is an actual normal fuckin guy

Being the straight man is awesome.
>>
>>53640520
>hate the game
>but don't quit
>instead, ruin the game
check yourself, then neck yourself
>>
File: 1484397856379.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1484397856379.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>53640328
>>
>we're playing a semi-realistic low fantasy game.
>"here is my wet noodle of a character that cant even lift his own weight."

Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>53640188
Some people love to be the wrench in the plans. To me it just sounds like a desperate cry for attention though.
>>
File: 1478202467483.jpg (81KB, 256x327px) Image search: [Google]
1478202467483.jpg
81KB, 256x327px
>Run sandbox
>Declare that I wont be spoonfeeding them anything and they should look for stuff to do themselves
>They don't
>They are so lost that they make camp in the middle of the starting town
>>
>>53640188
>decide to run a horror campaign
>"Here is my character, he has no concept of fear and doesn't want to get involved with hauntings and shit"
And everybody else plays a horror campaign while dipshit sits there with nothing to do, because he didn't get involved with the hauntings that are the adventure.

>switch to dungeon crawl
>"Here is my character, he can't fight for shit and hates even stepping near dungeons"
The dude either dies, or doesn't participate in the adventure.

>switch to seafaring exploration
>"Here is my character, he hates the ocean and wants to go up the mountain to mine snow"
If he actually participates in the adventure, a fear of the ocean could actually be an interesting trait. Otherwise, he has to just sit there and do nothing while everybody else has an adventure.

>switch to political game
>"Here is my character, he is an antisocial hermit and will avoid contact with anyone from the group."
Politics happen while he sits in a cabin in the middle of the woods somewhere.

If somebody refuses to get on the boat, they don't get to be there for the voyage. If they have an issue with what kind of campaign it is, that should be addressed at the "what kind of campaign are we gonna play?" stage. Otherwise, it's not up to you to baby them into participating in the adventure. If I'm running a dungeon crawl and somebody decides not to join up with the party or go into the dungeon, I ask them if they want to make up a new character or if they're quitting. Because the game is about going into the dungeon.
>>
>>53640188
Nobody ever does this shit in my group because they know we won't entertain them.
In all of these situations they'd be left behind and I'd say "roll a new character for next week, make sure they have a reason and motivation to be along with the party"
>>
>>53642203
There are only so many times someone wants to be Xena before they realize it'll be much more fun as Gabrielle. More challenging that way.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.