[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 403
Thread images: 42

File: YOU EITHER RIDE OR YOU DIE.jpg (28KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
YOU EITHER RIDE OR YOU DIE.jpg
28KB, 200x285px
"We Let the Thread Archive Again" Edition

Previously on /EDH/: >>53627229 (Cross-thread)

NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Are you excited for Archenemy: Nicol Bolas?
>>
Starting again after a few years of not playing. Will playing Kaalia of the Vast or Jenara, Asura of War decks get me auto-nuked by everyone else? I usually got ganged up on when I played them when I started playing EDH.
>>
>>53639817
Jenara, not so much anymore.

Kaalia maybe.
>>
>>53639817
Jenara is a voltrony commander. You'll get nuked when you're an appropriate threat.
Kaalia is "If I turn sideways I win." She will get focused hard the second you cast her.
>>
Who is the best Orzhov commander for goodstuff?
>>
>>53639941
True, but at least Jenara has better colors. More room for a backup plan.
>>
>>53639652
>are you excited for archenemy
yes, my playgroup loves the dumb gimick formats. We get salty together.
>>
>>53640084
Teysa, envoy of ghosts or Ayli
>>
Hey anons, I am pretty happy with where my deck is right now, but I am always happy to make it better. If any of you have any advice I would love to hear it.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/athreos-skelly-tribal/
>>
I want to build a Bolas vorthos deck but I dont want it to suck. Which cards should I put in it? This is what I have so far

Mind dilation
Slave of bolas
Mindclaw shaman
Senseis divining top
Propaganda
Telepathy
Damnation
Necropotence
Blood tyrant
Lightning reaver
Animate dead
Soul manipulation
Baleful strix
Dragonlord silumgar
Deep analysis
Domineering will
Word of seizing
Gem of becoming
No mercy
Worst fears
Control magic
Terminate
>>
>>53640084
Goodstuff:
Athreos offers a large passive benefit.
Envoy of Ghosts is a potent creature in her own regard, though very costly.
Obzedat is threatening and board wipe resistant, while padding your life total.
Kambal's low cost and oppressive nature make him a big removal target, drawing kill spells out of people's hands to clear the way for your other creatures, and/or draining them for significant amounts of health.
Ravos and/or Tymna, both offer card advantage, with Ravos also offering recursion.

Maybe Goodstuff:
Triad takes building around activating their abilities, but opens options for abusing ETB abilities.
Vish Kal, Ghost Council, Ayli and Orzhov Scion need many disposable creatures, but many Orzhov goodstuff cards can easily produce them.

Not Goodstuff:
Karlov needs a lot of repeatable life gain triggers.
Daxos needs enchantments.
Selenia works best when Selenia is the focus of the deck, being able to protect and cast her again doesn't jive with having a bunch of goodstuff you're wanting to cast instead.
>>
>>53640084
depends very much on the flavor of the goodstuff
>>
>>53639892
>>53639941
So go with Jenara is what I'm hearing. Alright.

Is Kresh the Bloodbraided relevant at all? I've always wanted to make a deck with him. My area is apparently very competitive so I don't want to waste time making something that can't win.
>>
>>53640460
I have always loved Obzedat, I think I will go with him. Thanks for the advice
>>
So I'm slowly going through the thread from this morning and someone brought up Torchling which can redirect spells that target only torchling for one R mana.

My question is, since Zada's duplicate works as a copy of a single spell targetting each other creature individually, can you spend that R to redirect the copy to Zada and double up the loop, and can you do this continually?

On a side note I played Zada last night against my friend's cancerous Shirei deck and dropped down to 7 health after saccing 2 creatures each turn from him, then dropped a hasted Zada and krenko, tapped krenko and swung at him for 47 from two 3/x spells, a coat of arms for +4/4, and sacced a blighted mountain for +5/x with trample of which he reflected 4 damage to me damn near killing me. Felt good after his sac bullshit and the last game with a pumped up smokestack.
>>
>>53640855
you can redirect it, yes, but zada triggers on cast, so it won't go any further than that.
>>
>>53641215
Thank you, makes sense.
>>
>>53640855
Zada only works on cast triggers. Copies do not get cast. Also note that Zada's ability resolves even if the spell is countered or does not resolve for any reason. This is why possibility storm is great with zada.
>>
probably a newbie question- If I banefire a guy for lethal and in response he (in this particular case) Sacs enough zombies with an effect that deals lethal to me, does he still die? Do I die or does priority fuck with the stack enough that I just take some damage?
>>
>>53640084
Partners
>>
>>53640679
The only Jund commander that is remotely competitive is prosh.
>>
>>53641729
If he sacced the zombies after you cast Banefire, his triggers goes on stack and resolves first, killing you.
>>
File: Banefire.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Banefire.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>53641771
Does he still die from the banefire though?
>>
>>53639652
>Are you excited for Archenemy: Nicol Bolas?

Before I saw the decks and schemes I was fucking hype, but now I won't even buy it to tear it apart.
>>
>>53641826
800.4a When a player leaves the game, all objects (see rule 109) owned by that player leave the
game and any effects which give that player control of any objects or players end. Then, if that
player controlled any objects on the stack not represented by cards, those objects cease to exist.
Then, if there are any objects still controlled by that player, those objects are exiled. This is not
a state-based action. It happens as soon as the player leaves the game. If the player who left the
game had priority at the time he or she left, priority passes to the next player in turn order who’s
still in the game.

TLDR: No
>>
>>53641826
No. Dying means anything you were in the process of doing stops happening.
>>
>>53641826

Nope. You die before it has a chance to resolve.
>>
>>53641869
>>53641890
>>53641891
Thanks folks, so Molten disaster it is.
>>
>>53641748
Damn. Welp, time to look up how Prosh decks usually work. If I'm lucky they use Kresh anyway.

Thanks for the help anons.
>>
>>53640460
Shit > Blaxos >> Plague >>>> Triad of Fates
>>
>>53642149
Don't listen to him. Prossh is the only competitive Jund commander, because he goes infinite with Food Chain and wins with Purphoros, Impact Tremors, Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat, and a half dozen other things, but that's only relevant if you plan on buying and running food chain, which I don't suggest. If you're not in a super competitive meta you can definitely play Kresh.
>>
>>53642263
I'm not sure how competitive it is. I'm picking up mtg again after not playing for a while. LGS has commander/EDH Wednesdays, so I'm going to play with one of the decks I have that I know works. Because when I asked the guys at the store what the meta is like, they said most of the people are really competitive. So rather than waste time making a Kresh deck right now, I'll do some research on what the more popular decks are and try to adjust my Jenara deck to compensate.
>>
>>53640442
NIgga you better put in Cruel Ultimatum.
>>
is Daghatar the Adamant a feasible commander for anything?
>>
>>53642405
no.
>>
>>53642307
You should try to figure out the real power of the local meta. If it's truly truly competitive then there's not much you can do without a similarly tuned deck. If you do choose that path, Yisan or Selvala is likely your best bet thanks to single color mana bases and the cheapness of most green creatures. You can probably assemble a Selvala deck to compete at slightly below the most cutthroat levels for under $200, less if you already have some of the more expensive pieces like Cloudstone Curio or Phyrexian Dreadnought.
>>
>>53642405
Abzan Goodstuff. The problem with that is there's not really any Daghatar deck that wouldn't be improved as a Teneb, Anafenza, or Karador deck, or if you want a +1/+1 counter theme, Ghave deck.
>>
What would the other three precon decks be if they are indeed five colors? Id say Humans and Slivers had to be two of them.
>>
>>53639652
I like gimmicky formats, but this box is straight up trash. I would not buy it anywhere near MSRP.

>>53639817
Kaalia yes, Jenara no. In most circles at least.

>>53642405
He's a shitty Ghave. His power is mid to low casual tier.
>>
File: ravos.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ravos.png
124KB, 223x311px
>>53640084
Orzhov Partners is surprisingly good. Tymna rewards you for playing small dudes (Doomed Traveler and Hangarbalk Walker are my personal favorites) and Ravos lets you loop powerful ETB/LTB effects (Yosei and Grey Merchant are the MVPs in this regard)

Shilling my list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/o-u-t-o-f-b-o-d-y/

>>53642834
My guesses are UR Wizards, GB Elves, and W Soldiers or Humans. Slivers are great as is, and they really don't need a handful more viable commanders.
>>
>>53639652
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE
>>
where should I get art sleeves?
>>
>>53643049
Don't get any to begin with unless you're going to pick them into oversized sleeves to protect them.
>>
>>53640442
Grave Titan, As Foretold, Crux of Fate, Cyclonic Rift, Demonic/ Vampiric Tutor, Disciple of Bolas, Mindclaw Shaman...

The list is endless.
>>53639652
New art Bolas looks dope, everything else is a wash.
>>
>>53643049
Miniatures Market has a decent selection. Also ffs get Character Guards if you're going to use art sleeves. They're way easier to replace than art sleeves that have a bad habit of going OOP.
>>
what's the best tech monored can use? (Hazoret) I've already got a few worldgorger centric combos and a gobbo deck on the side
>>
File: Hazorets Best Friend.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Hazorets Best Friend.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53643176
>(Hazoret)
>>
what sleeves do you all use?
>>
>>53643320
Dragon Shields of various colors
>>
>>53643320
The Eclipses sleeves and some Dragon Shields.
>>
>>53643320
Random brand I don't even know. They're sturdy and fairly thick compared to the cheap stuff. If I knew the brand I'd recommend them. Best guess is Ultra PRO of some sort.
>>
>>53643320
Eclipse, i have two decks still in kmc and legion sleeves and it wont be long before i break the remaining kmcs'.
>>
>>53643320
Ultra Pro/Monsters both of solid color and graphic types, I also have one deck in shuffletech but while the sleeves themselves are of nice quality they have this weird interaction with oil (your natural finger oil, oil from snacks, any kind) that makes them slightly harder to shuffle
>>
>>53643320
I've got a couple sets of art sleeves, mostly old Max Pros. Been using Dragon Shields for the most part, honestly.
>>
>>53643320
Dragon shield ivory for mizzix and i need 2 sets for my saskia and geist decks.
>>
>>53643320
Dragon Shield mattes for the more expensive stuff due to the thiccness, Eclipses for literally everything else due to the great shuffle feel and durability.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-monog-stompy/?cat=type&sort=cost

Looking for feedback on an update to the first deck I brewed on my own.

What am I missing? What should I cut for more lands?
>>
>>53643320
DS glossy for the oldest decks
DS mattes for everything i've built since they started making mattes
>>
>>53643320
For awhile, exclusively Blue Dragon Shields.

Tried some Ultra Pro mattes, but they split like nobody's business. I like the Eclipse sleeves a TON, though.
>>
>>53644921

ive had bad experiences with ultra pro mattes in the past, like 2 years ago, so i went with kmc hyper mattes after that, theyve been great

BUT

recently my friend told me that ultra pro changed their matte sleeves and their now pretty high quality, i havent tried them out yet but im interested.

simultaneously another friend bought some kmc hypermattes that split almost immediately, apparently they changed their production process like ultra pro, but for the worse
>>
>>53644991
>ultra pro changed their matte sleeves and their now pretty high quality

Those are the Ultra Pro Eclipse.

>some kmc hypermattes that split almost immediately

KMC got bought out by some shitty Chinese company.
>>
>>53642834
Angels
>>
i've got a perfect orzhov mana base but no deck to use it in. it came from my tuned teysa list that i took apart because it was kinda boring and samey going for the same combos every game. i gave karlov a try briefly but it was very underwhelming. what's a cool and varied orzhov deck i can build out of this?
>>
>>53643320
kmc hypermattes, but the older kind
>>
File: 234.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
I want to build a deck based on Ancap meme. Teysa seems a perfect candidate for a general.

What techs do I need to include aside from blackmarket and white pillowfort echies?
>>
File: 94.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
94.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53645704
why not gay kings, or BWx partners? R and G have a lot of room for griefing, pic related
>>
>>53645806
Gay kings are about equally giving everyone bonuses, which is the furthest thing from ancap. Not sure about partners.

Teysa is quad hit for style: yellowish white/black colors, has NAP protection from physical harm, destroys everything that breaks NAP against you, has slave laborers and is a luxurous smug lawyer
>>
>>53642834
I'd like horrors because that'd be cool but I know that's not fucking happening
>>
>>53645500
Daxos is probably the furthest removed from the other Orzhov options. Having to turn to all sorts of peculiar enchantments instead of the usual options definitely affects your deck building and gameplan.
>>
>>53646232
Blaxos Zombie Tribal Mustardrace coming through here
>>
>>53643320
Hyper Mattes
>>
File: 27768.jpg (33KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
27768.jpg
33KB, 200x285px
Whats the best way to abuse how realm razer is worded so that everyone elses lands end up exiled but mine arnt?
>>
>>53639652
Just finished putting the ffinal touches on this little tune with what I have available to me. It's nowhere near competitive level, but it's one of those decks that's annoying to face, but you'll admit that it was a good match at the end of it all.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-06-17-athreos-2/

What should I add/remove? My FLGS goes through Sol Rings like nothing, so It's sheer dumb luck on when I'll get one next.
>>
File: wg.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
wg.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53647190
WorldGorger Dragon

Pic related.
>>
>>53640236
It does, but you can't cast anything that it exiles, so it's nothing but exile a card
>>
>>53643320
Dragon Shield Mattes.
Ivory for Emrakul
Blue for Vela
Black for Heliod (used to be Daxos)
Red for Lovisa
Green for Mazirek

If you're not using the proper colour schemes, what's the point?
>>
>>53647710
>If you're not using the proper colour schemes, what's the point?

>Coming from a guy that only has 1 deck in the proper sleeves

Ok
>>
File: Legend of the Five Rings.png (162KB, 1338x535px) Image search: [Google]
Legend of the Five Rings.png
162KB, 1338x535px
Toshiro Umezawa is fun, FUN!
>>
>>53647771
4 of the decks are in the proper sleeves.
>>
>>53647803
3 I could see, although it's stupid for a deck with multiple colours, but how the fuck is ivory a correct colour for a colourless deck?
>>
>>53647860
It's the closest the Dragon Shields get to the colour of the colorless cards. You have a point though, I should probably get clear sleeves for Emmy.
>>
>>53647860
>>53647903
Also, I make up for the other colour using the colour of the deckbox.
>>
File: 1464779169466.jpg (33KB, 492x479px) Image search: [Google]
1464779169466.jpg
33KB, 492x479px
>>53647903

>clear sleeves
>>
>>53647918
Well then, ivory is the better option.
>>
>>53647935

Both are shit, kill yourself.
>>
>>53647903
I get where you're coming from, but unfortunately white is a colour in mtg already.
However, for 2 or more colour decks I would use sleeves that are a mix of the deck's colours.
BW is gray, UG is cyan, UR is purple and so on. For three colours I would use gold, silver and bronze sleeves in order of preference if there's no sleeves of appropriate colour.
>>
>>53647942
Calm down.
>>
>>53647969

Why are you so butthurt?
>>
>>53647967
That's pretty clever.
>>
>>53647978
(You)
>>
>>53647992

>be a little bitch
>called out
>hurr have a (you)

This is why no one likes you
>>
>>53647983
That said, I stopped bothering, so I have Neheb in cyan, Brion in ivory, Memnarch in pink, Ayli in dark red, Hanna in gloss red, Ghave in black and overall in random colours. Although I did get the cyan sleeves for Mogis on purpose
>>
>>53648024
So, how viable is Neheb? Is he minotaur tribal or discard aggro?
>>
>>53648111
It's pretty much discard, as there's not many usable minotaurs. I have all minotaurs that are worth including, other than that it's basically enchantments with lots of discard theme.
It's pretty casual, but last time I played, I played against 4 storm decks and I got a good start with Bloodchief Ascension and Oppression and it absolutely stomped. Later the water tower wasn't even enough to kill me
>>
>>53648140
So what minotaurs did you use in Neheb, all the lords from Theros and maybe some others from a long time ago?
>>
>>53648176
Anaba Spirit Crafter, Fanatic of Mogis, Felhide Petrifier, Felhide Spiritbinder, Kragma Warcaller, Lord of Shatterskull Pass, Rageblood Shaman, Ragemonger and Tahngarth. Merciless Javelineer is also worth including, although I don't play it.
So mostly, just the lords.
>>
>>53640442
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-04-17-nicol-bolas/

This is more or less my Bolas Vorthos deck.

It's a lot of fun to play, though I hardly win
>>
File: wut.jpg (18KB, 210x217px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
18KB, 210x217px
>>53647903
>>53647915
>>53647918
>>53647935
>>53647942
>>53647969
>>53647978
>>53647992
>>53648003
So this is what happened to /edhg/
>>
>>53648343
Why not make a Lorthos Vorthos deck?
>>
>>53648383
Why in the fuck are you guys sperging out about card sleeves?
>>
>>53648383
>>53648400
It's a thing we called an "obvious troll" and "troll victim" five years ago
>>
>>53648400
I don't know what's going on I just walked in on this and pointed it out.
>>53648255
Makes me sad Mogis himself isn't a minotaur
>>
>>53648426
Yeah, I know. Really, I didn't even care about minotaurs that much, I just wanted a good discard commander, which Neheb is. Sadly, it's still missing the U for extra sweet discard cards, most of all getting use of Warped Devotion
>>
>>53648479
You could run Jeleva, the tribal abilities are awkward but he's not a bad 99 card
>>
>>53642961
I'm getting the feeling we're looking at five-color tribes. Unless the leak was debunked, Dragons is one of those tribes.I'm also under the impression Humans and Eldrazi will be two more, as they play in all five colors but don't have a Commander to reflect that as far as I know. Slivers will probably be the last because of Wizards being Wizards.
>>
>>53648666
Maybe they will do elementals, you know, something actually fun.
>>
>>53648719
I forgot about Horde of Notions, my bad.
>>
>>53648719
I would hope they'd do Elementals, but don't forget who we're talking about here. That said, Humans can probably be swapped out for Elementals.
>>
>>53647799
He sure is. Any spicy tech you're exploring or wanna swap?
>>
>>53648734
It's not like Scion prevented them from doing Dragons.
>>
>>53648743
If they do humans, I hope at least they give us a WB Knight.
>>
>>53648752

I don't think any of my card choices are super off the beaten path. I will say that the more I run him the less removal I want to play, and the more utility at instant speed I try to fit in. Creatures tend to die a lot without my help and having stuff like Makeshift Mannequin , Grim Return, Cremate etc has been really nice.
>>
>>53643320
Dragonshield all day every day
>>
>>53648841
Yeah I've been working on major overhaul of him to try to squeeze in more draw and ramp. I made the age old mistake of saying "3.2 amc and I got cabal coffers who needs rocks" and missing those land drops has really set me back especially against explosive decks. Been going alright so far once you just accept there's some matches you just fold to without a nut draw.

I agree though I started out with killspell.dec and it's been paired down over time.
>>
>>53648915

Do you have a list you would be willing to post? I'm still pretty early on in the tuning stages and seeing what someone else is doing is always helpful.
>>
So how well does W/B Daxos play? Is he any good?
>>
>>53648945
Absolutely.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshi-comin-fo-dat-tooshie/

Browsing the change log kind of gives you an idea where I had the deck and tried taking it. I'm very methodical about keeping the change log updated.

The only card that I would put into the deck if I was trying to tune it as much as possible regardless of cost would be Liliana of the Veil but I can't justify the price of that card for the minute advantage it may give.
>>
>>53648977
There is no greater joy than having serra's sanctum and skybind out
>>
>>53648977
Generally considered weaker of that batch of generals. He's very honest and best he gets is Skybind and Sphere of Safety from what I looked into him. If he had blue I'd build him but I wasn't happy with the decklist. Needless to say, Austere Command completely blows you out.
>>
>>53649132

Thanks Anon! Some great stuff in there I hadn't thought of.
>>
>>53643320
Dragon Shield matte finish, all Double sleeved and put into UltraPro pro deck boxes.
>>
>>53649241
If you haven't tried him I HIGHLY recommend Vengeful Pharaoh. He puts in so much work and it doesn't matter whether you're casting him, pitching him, or he's being countered.

Wretched Confluence has been an all-star for me lately as well.
>>
Should I get Vedalken Orrey or Teferi for my Melek deck?
>>
File: Hazoret The Pervert.png (176KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Hazoret The Pervert.png
176KB, 265x370px
Got bored and built together a deck.

Thought and tips on improvements?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-06-17-hazoret-the-pervert/

The main idea is cleaning the board and let the commander deal damage.
>>
>>53649290
why not both?
>>
>>53646232
blaxos is so baaaaaaaaaaad though

i tested it
>>
>>53649334
They would take the place of instants and sorceries, making it less consistant
>>
>>53649290
teferi
>>
>>53649287

Yeah, Confluence has been very good for me as well. I'll pull something out and try Pharaoh.
>>
File: Image (7).png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (7).png
137KB, 223x311px
Would you add this to a Sunforger package?
>>
>>53649543
Not sure you wanna wipe your guys in Boros but it's a neat concept.
>>
>>53649601
It's in the maybe board for now. I just like the idea of an instant speed board wipe that I can tutor with Sunforger. If you time it right, it won't affect your creatures at all.
>>
File: IMG_7560.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7560.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>53647190
>>53647455

World Gorger is one options, but it's kinda risky if you have a smart opponent who is holding removal in their hand.

Tap out the mana for your play.
Play World Gorger, ETB Trigger goes on the stack.
In response to ETB Trigger, opponent Kills World Gorger.
LTB goes on the stack, returns nothing.
ETB Trigger resolves, removing everything you control from the game.

Much less risky to instead find a way to sac your all your lands when you have a creature sac outlet.

Tap out.
Sac all your lands
Realm Razor
ETB Trigger goes on stack
In response to ETB, sac Realm Razor.
LTB Trigger goes on stack
LTB Trigger resolves, returning nothing
ETB Trigger resolves, Exiling all lands
Cast Splendid Reclamation, returning all your lands to play.
>>
>>53648580
But I usually play permanents much more than non-permanents. I want to play my foil Gibbering Descent and others.
I love artifacts and non-aura enchantments and I dislike the fact Jeleva can fuck me over with her ETB, besides, she's much better suited as storm.
>>
Theres a problem in my local meta, namely fast mana rocks and t1 rock chaining

its become whoever can shit out as many rocks as possible wins on turn 4/5 and our decks arent even all that great
So im going to build an artifact hate deck I just dont know what colors it should be in

stony silence is an auto include, vandalbast is too
manglehorn seems good too but that puts me in naya and I dont like any of those commanders
adding blue for t1 counters puts me in a 4c deck that is going to start to have mana issues If I hate on my own mana rocks too hard.

any suggestion?
>>
>>53647190
faith's reward
second sunrise
zuran orb or claw of gix

with claw you are going to lose some lands though too unless you have rocks
>>
>>53649693
>she's much better suited as storm
I don't think you understand Jeleva. You might as well say "OG Marchesa is better suited as storm," or "Nicol Bolas is better suited as storm." Yes, they are, but it's because they're Grixis and Grixis storm is so incredibly powerful as a shell.
>>
>>53649543
theres one of these cards that works insanely well with Iroas and im sure thats it
you target a blocking creature during combat and since damage is prevented on your side you get a 1 sided boardwipe

granted they do have to double block so its not as easy to pull off as you might think but then again if you are going in the red zone in an iroas deck you are already on the right track.
>>
>>53649952
I played against a mono green artifact hate deck a while ago and it was pretty cool. He used things like Mycosynth Lattice and Liquimetal Coating to turn things into artifacts and then destroy them with the usual green artifact destruction spells.
>>
>>53649952
Toss Stony Silence. Null Rod, Pithing Needle and Phyrexian Revoker naming their fast mana pieces will be fine. From there you can either go with blue, putting you in Temur, where I'd suggest Riku, allowing you to double all your destruction abilities, or without, where I'd suggest Ruric Thar to prevent them from actually spending that mana.
>>
File: 186.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
186.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
I want to make a paradox engine deck but whenever I play blue green paradox decks its just dumb

any special teck in boros for a paradox engine deck?
>>
>>53649952

Maybe Ruric Thar? Access to tons of cheap artifact hate, and then a general that punishes people for trying to play them later on.
>>
>>53650157
>Pithing Needle
Activated abilities of sources with the chosen name can't be activated unless they're mana abilities.
>phyrexian revoker
Activated abilities of sources with the chosen name can't be activated.

huh interesting
>>
>>53649952
Gaddock Teeg hatebears would work pretty well. You lose red and blue, but your deck is basically made to shit on artifacts.
Stony Silence, Aura Shards, Kataki, and a bunch of naturalize effects should do the trick
>>
>>53650165
i mean good luck getting thar out fast enough to matter
>>
>>53650158
Isochron Scepter with spells you're already running as Sunforger targets.
>>
>>53650158
Why Green?

I mean, I could see a case for any colour but green
>>
>>53650189
Fuck, forgot that Needle was non-mana only. But yeah, they're both great when your friends are all meta slaves.
>>
>>53650204

It's pretty easy to have him out on 3. It's mostly just a nice backup for the tons of cheap hate that green and red can pack.
>>
>>53650158
Brion Stoutarm.
>>
>>53650240
>I mean, I could see a case for any colour but green
thrasios mostly
>>53650247
>It's pretty easy to have him out on 3
do you mind sharing the line?
>>
>>53650258

I don't have my list online, but it's not terribly far off from what this dude is doing.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruric-thar-competitive-your-heart-is-a-muscle/
>>
>>53642961
They're reprinting Freyalise deck on the same year. I don't think we're seeing an elven deck in 2017.
>>
>>53642961
>Doomed Traveler
>in edh
do you have that many sac outlets?
>>
>>53643320
UP mattes.
Yes, I'll change them as soon I'm financially able.
>>
I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, really though.
>>
>>53643320
Dragonshield Mattes exclusively despite the fact I actually like the DS glossy better but they just dont hold up that well and I autistically shuffle my cards whenever im bored or watching tv
>>
>>53650322
I mean...
>>
So, is an elf deck good in commander?

If yes, should I go Mono-green?
>>
>>53650418
It's not bad and it's fun to play once in a while. But it really is the same over and over again. You play loads of tiny elves and bash someone to death with an overrun effect.
>>
>>53650027
If you have boros charm you can save your dudes, or something that gives the pro-red or indestuctible.
>>
File: 1400794694845.jpg (102KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
1400794694845.jpg
102KB, 300x269px
>>53650467

>It's bad and it's not fun to play even once in a while. It really is the same over and over again. You play loads of tiny elves and scoop to Toxic Deluge or something on turn 3.

Fixed that for you friend.
>>
>>53650418
No. Elves get board wiped. Even when goldfishing. Even when stored in the deck box. You think your safe because you're not playing magic? BAM! Board wiped.
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
You wanna know what's funny? Play Razia's Purification, then Play Eerie Interlude, exiling all of your creatures. You all sac all but your best three permanents, and you get your dudes back at the end of turn!
>>
>>53650500
I mean...
>>
>>53650521
For one more mana you can get everything back.
>>
>>53650544

For one mana and a firm handshake I used to be able to get a cup of coffee and an enthusiastic blowjob.
>>
>>53650544
With what?
>>
>>53650510
>>53650500
>>53650467

Huh... I see.
My friends are all making new decks but I can't decide what to build.
One of them is building fucking Rune-Tail and the other will build Emrakul, and I'm the poorfag of the trio.
>>
File: 1402086977783.jpg (41KB, 403x448px) Image search: [Google]
1402086977783.jpg
41KB, 403x448px
>>53650573

My dickkkkkkk
>>
>>53650573
Faith's Reward
>>
>>53650418
Ezuri-style Elfball isn't. It'll only work once in a while when you get a proper explosive start, and the gameplay is linear and not very fun to pilot more often than not.

But there are other ways to build an elf-centric deck than Ezuri. Rhys the Redeemed is a pretty based Tokens commander. Krenko is faster but Rhys is in color to run Doubling Season, Paralell Lives, and Anointed Procession and he could get you token copies of something really fun. And then there's Nath of the Gilt Leaf who enables ElfStax. You can keep on theme and run the Lorwyn Elf Nazis while still getting a varied, controlling play experience.
>>
>>53650602
Krenko Mob Boss
>>
>>53650573
Faith's Reward
>>
>>53650477
yeah but if you are playing iroas then why not just use his prevent all damage (not prevent all combat damage mind you) clause?
>>
>>53650418
Elf is one of the few really good tribals, along with wizard. Ezuri is probably best, since you can easily get him out T2 and pump up everything to smack someone down T4. Other good possibilities are Nath, Rhys the Redeemed, Radha, either Selvala, even Rashmi thanks to elves synergy with themselves.
>>
>>53650624
>people continue to use the word Elfball wrong
Can you stop that?
>>
Asking again for shit and giggles - what direction can I take a Nin deck into? I already have Reiterate/Turnabout in it and not quite sure what to do with the deck to make it focused and powerful. I don't want to just build MUD because I already have a Breya MUD/Reanimator.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nin-wip-1/

Also, what do you think of a wincon-less Thada Adel?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-u-heist-of-the-century/
>>
>>53650624
>>53650795
>>people continue to use the word Elfball wrong
this!
elfballing is when you wander into a forest, find a qt elfgirl stick your hands down her pants and find theres more than just a pussy to play with
:3
>>
>>53650805
>Also, what do you think of a wincon-less Thada Adel?
I hate it without even looking at it
you done fucked up against decks that only pack a few artifacts or none at all
>>
>>53650831
I reckon playing with 3-4 other people, chances that none of them will have artifacts or at least mana rocks are close to nil. Also the deck packs plenty of other stuff that steals creatures, enchantments, even spells from the stack. Thada is secondary to the game plan.
>>
>>53642834
if I had to guess it'll be Dragons, Humans, Slivers and Spirits
>>
>>53650795
>don't use a common community term to describe similar styles of decks
>>
>>53650926
I doubt spirits will be a tribe since they included O-Kagachi in the dragon deck
>>
>>53650927
Elfball does not mean a ball of Elves.
>>
>>53650964
thats actually the raisin I think it will be spirits
>>
>>53650964
Well wizards are stupid as hell so it might as well still happen.
>>
>>53650967
Just explain what elfball actually is instead of shitting up this thread with petty bickering.
>>
>>53651020
Use Google retard.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_AtzPs1LxSh.jpg (349KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_AtzPs1LxSh.jpg
349KB, 750x450px
Everyone in my local meta plays fucking blue control. Is a Gitrog Monster land destruction deck viable?
>>
>>53651038
>LD
>viable
>>
>>53651034
>Use Google retard.
A popular deck type in the Magic the Gathering TCG that uses the creature type "elves". Typically, the idea stems from playing lots of elf type creatures to ramp lots of mana, allowing you to play high level spells early in the game. Another choice strategy is to overwhelm one's opponent with lots of elves, dealing damage in quantity instead of high power creatures.
>>53651038
yes very one of the resilient decks in my meta is 60 land gitrog trying to cast death cloud as many times as possible in a given game
you think it would be easy to play against
you would be wrong.
>>
>>53651034
I don't care about this entire thing. I'm just annoyed about idiots like you derailing the thread, just like you are annoyed when someone uses that word wrong.
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (28KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
28KB, 226x311px
>>53651067
Yeah no try again.

>>53651075
So to counter posts not strictly about EDH you're making multiple posts not about EDH? Bravo anon.
>>
>>53651038
Absolutley. You just need to be able to find and resolve your Crucible of Worlds. So maybe it's not the best for your purposes. Big Red/green ft. various "Fuck you counterspell" (Guttural response, vexing susher, Seedtime) cards and an LD suite of Obliterate, Boil, Blood Moon/Magus of the Moon, Keldon Firebombers, and the like seems lore like the proper reply to such a meta.
>>
>>53639652
Just cracked open some MM17 and got raidmother and bloodmoon.

Is there any sort of stax-lite deck I can build around these? I want some sort of R/G fuck blue deck.
>>
>>53650967
It's the same strategy. You just win using Ezuri's ability multiple times rather than a huge fireball.
>>
>>53651053
Land destruction isn't played not because it isn't viable, but because it's a dick move and "goes against the spirit of the format" and all that. By keeping a player out of lands you remove their ability to interact with the game.

Land destruction can be a devastatingly powerful strategy, especially if you can get going with it before control players establish, or can operate in a way that control can't control - Like land-based land destruction.
>>
>>53651175
>>53651154
>>
>>53651115
>I'm an autist who can't deal with linguistic shift in fucking slang.

http://www.mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=367
Decks on the first page: 20
# That include Fireball: 0
>>
>>53651038
Speaking of Gitgud, I'm finally gonna just bite the bullet and order a Crucible of Worlds so I can build him and/or Titania. I already have most of the big staples, but are Scapeshift and Azusa also worth picking up?
>>
>>53651115
>Yeah no try again.
well thats what google says so either way you are wrong m8
theres no way for you to be right here, its delicious.
>>
File: 1349068140964.jpg (164KB, 800x623px) Image search: [Google]
1349068140964.jpg
164KB, 800x623px
>>53651193
blind.jpg

Sorry anon, completely missed that.
>>
>>53651213
If you wanted to make any sort of authoritative claim on nomenclature using what is well regarded as the website with the worst naming system in MTG is probably a mistake.

At least use SCG or Goldfish or something. Not the people who brought us 12 different Abzan Aggro decks with the same decklists.
>>
>>53651232
>Azusa
yes
>scapeshift
I would wait to see how you like the deck but ultimately yes very worth
>>
>>53651232
Scapeshift not really for the frog: you'll only draw 1 even if it lets you put your combo lands on the field. Azusa is a godsend though, totally worth it.
>>
>>53651213
dude dont tell him about affinity...
>>
>>53651269
assuming you are running titania*
>>
>>53650927
If you aren't casting Fireball or at least something similar to Fireball then it's not Elfball, dipshit.

>>53650976
O-Kagachi is in the dragon deck. He is not going to be in some other 5-color spirit precon. I really wanted a spirit precon but am glad we at least got O-Kagachi.
>>
>>53651192
Fuck you, you're not taking away the only niche R/W has in the format. For ever feelbad that MLD has caused, there have been thousands of Borosfags getting blown out by superior Green ramp, Black draw, and Blue tempo. Ya'll can sit there and take it.
>>
File: sun quan.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
sun quan.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
I want to build an aggro blue deck build around Sun Quan but I haven't really been into MTG for a long time now.
Any cards I should look for?
>>
>>53651298
>O-Kagachi is in the dragon deck. He is not going to be in some other 5-color spirit precon. I really wanted a spirit precon but am glad we at least got O-Kagachi.
wizards has a habit of overlapping tribes thats why having a 5c dragon spirit leads me to think there might be another spirit general either in another deck or as its own standalone deck
>>53651302
>I want to build an aggro blue deck build around Sun Quan
sorry man its never going to be agro but you can make it a combat damage deck that draws cards, counters/bounces things and hits like a truck I would give my decklist but i think i deleted it :/
>>
>>53651302
Cephalid Constable
>>
>>53651300
Personally I'm all for land destruction, just understand that it makes you a massive target to the rest of the table.
>>
>>53651302
OK, so his big advantage is that he makes everything unblockable. You'll want lots of what comes up when you search for "Deals combat damage to a player" in Gatherer. Overall, the deck would probably be stronger as Edric, Spymaster of Trest featuring Sun Quan in the 99, but if you want to build Sun Quan, go for it.
>>
>>53651298
It's literally just Priest/Archdruid/Nykthos+Anything. It can be Ezuri 50 times. It can be Craterhoof. It can be Fireball. It can be Triumph of the Hordes. Stop being such a prick.
>>
>>53651302
>Any cards I should look for?
bident of thasa
coastal piracy
counterspell
uh... bluesun's zenneth
Dungeon Geists maybe
maybe stuff like Augury Owl + equipment
swords in particular are fun
>>
File: 107.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>53651302
Are you sure you want to build a mono blue aggro deck? You could make a black/blue deck, your creatures would still be unblockable most of the time and you can make combat shenanigans.
>>
>>53651376
You stop being a retard. You can play "Elves" with Ezuri but using a deck name that is directly named after a card that isn't in the deck is nonsense.
>>
>>53651336
I kinda want to have the novelty of having all of my creatures having something most people never heard of.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 312x445px
>>53651302
This guy
>>
>>53651422
>having all of my creatures having something most people never heard of.
well good luck with that
magiccards.info get to brewing, this isnt something people are going to be able to help you much with
>>
>>53651401
And yet you are the last one to adopt "Elfball" as "Elves that snowball" rather than "Elf into Fireball"
>>
It's settled. Elves suck. Moving on.
>>
>>53651615
According to EDH general everything sucks.
>>
>>53650004
Well yeah, but the main thing for me was that Jeleva focuses on non-permanent spells, which I want to play, instead of me discussing about power level of a deck.
I'm not saying that Jeleva can't be built as a discard tribal, but she's really not doing anything for the discard theme by herself, as she doesn't do anything with it, aside from maybe getting to cast a Wit's End for free.
>>
>>53651690
I mean...
>>
File: My Face Constantly.png (398KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
My Face Constantly.png
398KB, 499x499px
>>53651690
>According to EDH general everything sucks.
not MLD!
>>
>>53651825
I used to think...
>>
>>53650805
I wouldn't aim solely at stealing artifacts with thada adel, but it's cute.
She is however an evasive general in colors that can lock the board and lands down, so if you use stuff like back to basics or quicksilver fountain you van ramp with your artifacts, your opponents artifacts, remove key things like o stone or aromas memorial from the game, and then slam your fatties by the time they remove the lock down.
>>
>>53651825
I think it's because MLD pissed off lots of people and /edhg/ gets off on that.
>>
I fucking love Elves and everyone who dislikes them are dumb.
>>
>>53652097
Shut up you knife-eared slut.
>>
>>53652319
>Shut up you knife-eared slut.
HEY
my girlfriend is half elf
elves are cute
CUTE!
>>
>>53642405
What >>53642554 said.
Karador is better for a reanimator deck. Ghave is better for a token and +1/+1 counter deck.
>>
>>53652534
You say that now, but when the time comes to make quarter-elves those narrow hips and delicate bones will lead to a warped and shattered pelvis, followed by exsanguination, unless she's really lucky or takes after her human parent. And you just KNOW if she was raised elf she's going to insist on doing things the "Natural" way so don't count on having a Samite Healer there to look over things.

Elves may be pretty to look at, anon, but they aren't for keeps.
>>
>>53652698
>actually believing the anti race mixing propaganda
we are one race
Humanoid
>>
>>53642263
>people who play combo prossh
>not playing creature based prossh
L
M
A
O
>>
>>53642263
>Prossh is the only competitive Jund commander
actually theres a lot of room for other commanders, lots of necrotic ooze decks that would fair better with literally anything thats not a big fuck off dragon.
same with MLD decks using whats his face from iceage
>>
>>53653792
You can stop now.
>>
>>53646232
blaxos is very good
people underestimate the ability to spam 5/5s
>>
>>53653940
why tho
>>
>>53654012
Because you either don't understand the idea of competitive, or you don't understand that competitive decks are so fast that if you don't have a two card win or a stax lock you lose.
>>
File: 217.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
217.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>53653949
>people underestimate the ability to spam 5/5s
Do they? >>5365409
>>
>>53654092
well its funny you bring that up, because I actually regular the cEDH subreddit (yeah i know fuck off) tournament and I play against them on a pretty regular basis. Midrange decks absolutely exist in that format and while FCP is easily the fastest jund deck in the format hes not the ONLY deck in the format.
granted a good amount of the non-FCP decks are other prossh variants but others do show up occasionally and are mostly considered tier 2-3 which are still capable of winning a decent amount of games.
People expect the cEDH environment to be this un-navigable mess of turn 2-4 combo decks but thats only just the fastest, most pub stomping decks out there. Its just really not the case
I personally play a selvala storm list, a bruna "voltron" stax list and a zur doomsday list.
the doomsday list is the most powerful among them but not so much that sitting across from the other decks wouldnt be cause for concern
>>
File: selvala.png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
selvala.png
141KB, 223x311px
ok just played a few games against pic related

did they really need to print this card?? like really?? did green really need this shit

>turn 1 forest dork
>turn 2 forest selvala
>turn 3 forest big 6 drop that cantrips immediately

or the more fun scenario

>turn 3 forest phyexian dreadnought or something alike, selvala tap for 12 mana, hardcast terastodon/eldrazi and win

like i'm ok that it does crazy shit, but it's not even something you can really respond to in a satisfactory way. if the selvala player goes first, you'll have to find an answer to their fucking 3-drop commander within 1 turn with 2 mana, or they will get a huge tempo swing and probably win. even if you do remove the fuck, they will have forced you to trade a 2-mana removal for a 3-drop dork, and then they can just cast some more shit on their next turn and maintain tempo

why wotc

why
>>
>>53654311
because they love Simic
>>
>>53654311
>did green really need this shit
yes
RC hates green out of doing anything super broken in edh
green needs to catch up to the other colors.
>>
>>53654437
are you being ironic
>>
>>53654437
they just unbanned protean hulk you goon
>>
>>53647455
How would that work wouldn't realm razed just be removed from play granting everyone their lands again?
>>
File: SurrakDragonclaw.jpg (42KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
SurrakDragonclaw.jpg
42KB, 223x311px
What exactly does this dude do?

Is he just valuetown.dec or what?
>>
>>53651298
Then what do you propose we call all these decks with the exact same strategy as elfball that dont run a single particular outdated card then? Come up with solutions at least if you're going to throw a fit. P.S. you are in the vast minority and sound like a persnickety git

>>53651401
What is The Rock?
>>
>>53655058
>What exactly does this dude do?
stops people from countering your kiki pestermite combo
>>
>>53654302
That's not the case and you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>53654302
Jund is not Azorius, with several T2 commanders. Jund has Prossh, and everything else is T4.
>>
Anyone got edh tales to share? What sort of ludicrous plays have you anons made?
>>
>>53655172
>>53655289
Idk why you are so russled, just last week I faced against an Adun Oakenshield that turn 3 killed me with necrotic ooze. you dont NEED to use prossh to have a powerful cEDH deck.
>>
>>53655321
got a quick one

>3 hour game
>guy1 got the lead
>full board and all of it indestructible
>guy2 got a mana doubler last round thanks to perplexing chimera
>taps all his mana
>36 dmg banefire to guy1 face
>he tried fog
>everyone reminds him about what banefire does
>asks if guy with chimera will save him
>he says no
>guys sit silent for a minute
>walks away silently and start playing Smash in the living room
>we continue

we were at his place btw
>>
>>53655481
>asks if guy with chimera will save him
>he says no
>>
How many times has Boros rekt your local table?
>>
>>53639652
>tfw there are still autismos that play multiplayer edh
Join the 1vs1 masterrace, faggots.
>>
>>53655321
I had a four hour battle on Sunday. Jenara vs Daretti vs Exava. Second turn Blood Moon and it was the week that I put my fancy new fetches and duals. Exava's Spiteful Visions ended up burning us for around 25 each. I won with a Tamiyo tapping blockers down and an Acidic Slime with Bear Umbra.
>>
File: Basandra-Battle-Seraph.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Basandra-Battle-Seraph.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
How's Basandra as a commander? Maybe a R/W Death and Taxes/Hate Bears style thing?

Worth building?
>>
>>53655973
As cool as she is, R/W Avacyn might suit that better.
>>
how to make abzan aristocrats
>>
I'm thinking Silas renn plus partner to make a grixis artifact deck. Who would be best for this? Kraum, ludevic, or vial smasher?

I play casually but decks can get pretty powerful.

Main idea would be to fill the graveyard with looters and self mill then control the game with artifact recural (executioner's capsule etc)) until I can drop the game enders. No combos.
>>
>>53656087
That's a shame. I guess she'll be cheaper after rotation, at least. I just dig Basandra and want to actually feature her in a deck. Yes, I know I'm playing Magic wrong.
>>
>>53656388
it's EDH, play whoever the fuck you want to
>>
>>53656388
You can totally still do it. Heck once you get an avacyn you can just swap Basandra into the 99 if you still like her. Loading up on creatures seems like what she would wanna do, along with ways to cheat out non-creature spells so that you get hit the softest by your tax (Copper Gnomes, Stoneforge Mystic, Godo comes to mind)
>>
>>53656563
Stone Hewer Giant, Quest for the Holy Relic/Taj-Nar Swordsmith LOL and Sun Titan are additional ways to get noncreatures into play without casting
>>
>>53651038
Ruric Thar MLD.
Go
>>
What filters should I plug into EDHREC to get cards for spellslinger Riku?
>>
>>53655389
You're an idiot.
>>
>>53653949
He's really not. He's decent, but his ability shouldn't require you to pay if you already have to play enchantments to turn it on.
>>
>>53656563
I'm running Aurelia as the commander in my deck, seeing as she is the best boros commander I currently have at the moment. Not sure what I'm building, since my deck will focus more on the 99 than Aurelia herself. (Focusing on the commander can be a bit of a trap in boros, since they're almost always aggro)
>>
File: consec.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
consec.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
In your meta, how often does a double Consecrated Sphinx happen? With all the clones people play in mine, it's like every other game two players get one and it turns into a fuckfest while the two players draw their entire decks and go for a labman win. We're considering a house rule ban on the sphinx because it's becoming a "kill this immediately or lose the game" meta-shaping card
>>
>>53657574
It really helps if not everyone is playing blue.
>>
>>53639652
>it's becoming a "kill this immediately or lose the game" meta-shaping card
It has always been that.
>>
>>53657614
Everyone at my table except for the Sen Triplets player is playing 4-5 colors
>>
>>53657574
This fucking card is why Combust should have been 6 damage.
>>
>>53657652
Disgusting.
>>
>>53657546
Get in the thalias, thorn of amythyst, sphere of resistance, rule of law/eidolon of rhetoric, spirit of the labyrinth, stranglehold, war's toll, fumiko, the lowblood, defense grid, spelltithe enforcer if you wanna go taxes
>>
>>53657546
in my experience aurelia is the best boros commander period.
>>
>>53657648
yeah, but even more so. someone tutors for it every game.
>>
>>53657734
I got 5 bucks left, what do I get for this deck?
>>
>>53657972
sunforger, the best card in your colors
>>
>>53639652
Whats the latest in G/W commanders?

whats good?
>>
>>53658015
Already have sunforger, and some cards for the package.
Swords to Plowshares
Path to Exile
Boros Charm
Wear/Tear
Forsake the Worldly
Chaos Warp
Arcbond

Also got Mana Tithe, Dawn Charm, and Lapse of Certainty on the way.
>>
File: Image-211.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-211.png
121KB, 223x311px
>>53657906
CAAAAAAAAAAAWWW!!!
>>
>>53655973
She can be fun but she's not really high power. A lot of that is just the nature of her colors in this format. I've built my Basandra deck to be first and double strike creatures along with equip synergies and anthem effects. There is nothing quite like a turn three Hearthfire Hobgoblin followed up by a Light From Within and bopping someone over the head for 10. Obviously this kind of deck suffers the obvious problems of being wrath vulnerable and not having a lot of staying power due to the colors lack of good draw.
>>
>>53658165
Return to Dust or Enlightened Tutor
>>
>>53658236
Might pick that up for aurelia
>>
>>53658278
A bit out of budget ATM. I'll buy one when I get my check tommorow.
>>
>>53658236
i'm not playing white :(

a few other players have considered it though
>>
File: Image-190.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-190.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>running enchantments
>>
File: Wahjani.jpg (196KB, 1280x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Wahjani.jpg
196KB, 1280x1230px
Does Mazirek+persist work the way I think it does?
>>
File: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg (103KB, 668x310px) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg
103KB, 668x310px
>>53658489
>>
>>53658489
Seems decent
>>
>>53658508
+1/+1 counters and -1/-1 counters cancel each other out, so yes, there are a number of ways to go infinite with mazirek
>>
File: VALUE.jpg (139KB, 578x737px) Image search: [Google]
VALUE.jpg
139KB, 578x737px
>>53658597
Though infinite seems a bit too much for my playgroups
>>
>>53658165
Brave the elements is cool if your creatures are mostly white. It's pretty cool with Blasphemous Act too if you're running that.
>>
>>53658696
>running textless only tribal so you get to announce what each card does like a Yu-Gi-Oh villan
>>
>>53658742
That looks fucking beautiful. How much do playsets run?
>>
>>53658767
2-3 buck each so 12ish
>>
>>53658767
$14-$16 for 4.
>>
>>53658809
>>53658843
That's quite reasonable for Modern. I may just get some. Failing that, one for my Sigarda deck.
>>
Where do you guys buy singles at? I've just been using ebay so far.
>>
>>53655481
Fog only prevents combat damage as well though, so it wouldn't have helped even against Fireball
>>
>>53658489
>that fucking flavour text
Sweet Moses, I need that card. Why can't all flavour text be that good?
>>
>>53659146
Because Time Spiral block was too deep for the retarded masses that wotc wants to sell to.
>>
>>53658994
I use TCG Player for most things and ebay for more expensive cards like dual lands. For the super high end singles I've only bought them in-person from vendors. TCG Player's prices for Power 9 are too high and ebay seems too risky.
>>
>>53658994
At LGS or pay friends for my cards who order from MCM. Sometimes people sell some cards in LGS facebook group as well and we do trades and/or exchange cash for cards and vice versa.
>>
>>53654874

Realm Razer comes into play.
ETB Trigger goes on Stack.
Cheat in World Gorger Dragon.
World Gorger Dragon ETB goes on stack.
World Gorger Dragon's ETB resolves, removing all your other permanents from play, Including Realm Razer.
Realm Razer's LTB Goes on Stack.
Realm Razer's LTB resolves, returns nothing since it hasn't remove any lands yet.
Realm Razer's ETB resolves, removing all lands from play, none of which are yours because yours were already removed.
When WorldGorger dragon dies, it'll return all of your permanents, including Lands and Realm Razer to play.
Realm Razer will remove all your lands from play, but you'll have a chance to tap your mana, and once Realm Razer's ETB triggers, simply kill it and your lands will return, and you'll be ahead of everybody else with lands.
>>
>>53659205
Time Spiral block seems like one of the best blocks they've ever made. Has so much sweet stuff in it. Especially Planar Chaos.
>>
>>53659466
RIGGERS WHEN
>>
>>53659466
ditto, shivian meteor is a fun card just to nuke someones creature with
>>
>>53659545
i actually managed to resolve a shivan meteor targeting a dralnu a few weeks ago. dralnu players watch out, it could happen to YOU someday.
>>
>>53659545
I wish I could draft with that set. It seems fun. How was Time Spiral block limited?
>>
File: Moriok Rigger_FD.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Moriok Rigger_FD.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>53659517
Time to create a Rigger deck! Two whole cards and no mention of contraptions
>>
>>53659585
if i remember correctly, it was a lot of good stuff decks because there weren't too many synergies between cards in the set. i was relatively new to magic at the time and only drafted it a few times.
>>
>>53659517
Hopefully, never.
>>
>>53659620
why?
>>
>>53659563
>>53659585
nice.

I actually got a planar chaos box (from the TS block i think) that had a bunch of planar chaos and SoA cards. shit like Shivian meteor, malach of the dawn, Thorn thrash elder and some mana cards for a jund manabase were in there. good stuff
>>
>>53659643
Beacuse riggers are niggers
>>
>>53659694
http://www.niceme.me
>>
>>53659694

Ugh, I hate that this subreddit has so much racism. I wish the mods would do their job.
>>
File: kongming.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kongming.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53659595
Well there is one
Mardu Contraptions ftw?
>>
>>53659744
that's the worst art i've ever seen on a real card
>>
>>53659769
>>53659744
>Maybe if I ignore the phantom chariots haunting me they'll go away.
>>
File: IMG_1741.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1741.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
I'm working on a janky Domain (5 color) EDH deck based around God Tribal.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-06-17-god-tribal-edh/

Could any of you please take a look at it and tell me what you think? Any suggestions on what to add and what to cut?

Please and Thank you.
>>
>>53659205
>TFW we will never get another block about celebrating magics past mechanics and story
>TFW WotC really did make a block that was a love letter to dedicated fans
>TFW you realize that new players didn't like blocks being that complicated, or old story throwbacks. All of our mechanics and story will now be dumbed down, and try to mimic pop culture.
>TFW if we had just bought more TS, WotC would have stayed with us.

Why did we let her leave, /tg/?
>>
>>53659744
>Creature - Human Soldier
ONE JOB WIZARDS. ERRATA WHEN?
>>
>>53659939
> crying about not having a class type when there wasn't a class type
Go play Force of Will.
>>
>>53659914

But we get return blocks, to destroy er celebrate the old sets you loved!
>>
>>53659982
oh boy i can't wait for the jacetice league to visit kamigawa for no reason! i wonder what excuse they'll give bolas to go there!
>>
>>53659964
My feelings matter more than history of MtG
>>
>>53659914
Wrong.

> magic starts to suck even harder than it does now, edh grows in popularity and people start evaluating cards objectively, outside of standard
>people stop buying new product
>everyone bitching about how great time spiral was finally start to sink in
>WotC IMMEDIATELY releases time spiral 2
>it's exactly as good as the first one
>then they coast on it for the next 15 years
>>
>>53659914
Do you think WOTC's politics had anything to do with the dumbing down of magic, or did their left-leaning politics come in later?
>>
>>53659643
As the original complainer, because contraptions were meant to be a goddamn joke and they should stay that way. It was *deliberatley* templated in a way Magic doesn't template things (Players do things, referring to cards uses the passive voice but Steamflogger uses active) and you just know they'd hammer the square peg into the round hole re: not changing that rules test when it has functional meaning. I really don't want to see that BS in black border land. Maybe Unglued 3.
>>
>>53660036
He's controlling all of the five spirit dragons from behind the schemes! It is revealed Scooby Doo style that O-Kagachi was Bolas all along, but never would have been revealed if it weren't for the meddling planeswalkers.
>>
>>53660036
>i wonder what excuse they'll give bolas to go there!
He already has one: kill anyone and anything that might be tangentially related to an Umezawa. He already offed the Myojin of Night's Reach in Time Spiral, if he thinks he can take a real throwdown with the Sisters he's probably itching to go back and go on a killing spree.
>>
>>53660085
oh god what if they did do that

steamflogger boss would be the first legal silver-bordered card
>>
>>53660049
No they don't.
>>
>>53660071
Left leaning politics are what's popular with people who play the game/will play the game, so they followed the money, same with trying to mimic trends like the avengers, etc.

It's pretty low effort and it does give them some returns. If they make a trans character they might gain a few new homos that buy packs looking for their foil trans, and to be fair if you are the type of person genuinely angry at their being a trans character (instead of them just selling out) you are the exact opposite kind of person they can afford to openly market to, so you were never really an option to cater to to begin with.
>>
>>53660128
i'm so bored of the guy. i'm bored of all these characters we're following around. i don't give a shit what gideon is up to and i haven't since rise of the eldrazi. i miss the mostly self-contained stories blocks contained that didn't focus on some shitty attempt to cash in on the superhero genre. magic doesn't need mascots.
>>
>>53660128
>Bolas gets kicked out of Amonkhet
>flees to Kamigawa
>Jacetice league follows
>he already took out the sisters
>installed himself as Kami Daimyo Nicol Bolas.
>>
>>53660124
Yeah, Bolas is pretty much already all up in Kamigawa's business since his most hated foe is from there.
>>
>>53660209
I'm sorry, his most hated foe's *BLOODLINE* is from there. My bad, important to make that distinction.
>>
>>53660187
They already did make a trans character with Alesha, Who Smiles At Death.
>>
>>53660187
>If they make a trans character

You're aware it's already happened, right?
>>
>>53660209
Can you give me a lengthy tl;dr about Bolas? I know something something elder dragon, other something dnd stand in, final something super duper bad guy, but that's it.
>>
>>53659912
Advice Please!? I needs it!
>>
>>53660257
you're building a bad deck, put whatever cards you want into it, nothing can make it "good"
>>
>>53660223
Eh, Tetsuo's probably dead. At this point I'd say he probably hates Ajani more for fucking him over during the Conflux.
>>
>>53660162
Yes they do. That card should be erratad to have a contraption creature type and the ability keyworded as "assemble", along with that it happens twice with Steamflogger Boss
>>
>>53660264
What you mean to tell me, if you are not a good enough player to make it better?

Hmm.
>>
>>53660296
*is you are not
>>
File: 54[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
54[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>53660273
This guy was errata'd to be a Rigger. That's all you get.
>>
>>53660296
no, what i mean to tell you is that your theme of "god tribal" isn't supported and can't be good no matter how much work is put into it. if you're in a craw wurm meta, you can play draft commons and do fine, so there's no need to optimize a deck like that.
>>
>>53660051
I wish, but the problem isn't people that already play and what they buy (which is mostly just drafting and supporting places like SCG buying from wizards with their singles sales)

The problem is that the players that really matter are the brand spanking new ones, the kids that get their packs from big box stores like walmart, sit down with their friends at the kitchen table and face each other down with 80 card decks that don't have enough lands.

These kinds of players don't know what EDH is, don't have the collections to play 100 card singleton, and wouldn't be able to find a general that didn't come out in the latest set even if they did know what it was.

EDH players that need maybe a dozen cards from each new set (and that would be a damn good set. Can you even remember the last time a set had a dozen cards that you NEEDED for EDH?) should honestly never be their core. We wouldn't buy enough even if they catered to us.
>>
>>53660322
I already posted that card though. I still need contraptions. Clues should be erratad as contraptions
>>
>>53660228
>>53660239
Yes, I am aware and it's what I was referencing
>>
>>53660344
they do cater to EDH players with the commander precons.
>>
>>53660327
So, what you are saying is that you're not a good enough player to make the deck better.

Gotcha.

I bet you didn't even read it.
>>
>>53660384
i did. it's a craw wurm deck. what do you want me to say, "wow this list looks really good!"?
>>
>>53660407
No. I want you to make suggestions. Unless you're saying that it can't get any better.
>>
>>53660344
>We wouldn't buy enough even if they catered to us.

They've said plenty of times that they deliberately consider EDH when it comes to printing new Legendary creatures and printing big, costly cards like the Primordials. You could make an argument for RTR doing the most to cater to EDH of any set in recent memory, now that I think about it.
>>
>>53660382
Yes, but they can't make a set that caters just to edh players.

Also even with those they can't cater JUST to EDH players. They don't put cards like TNN and flusterstorm in for EDH purposes.
>>
>>53660344
I agree, but you're slightly off base. Nostalgia filters through waves, and right now we're almost at critical mass for time spiral love.

New players like that DO play edh because you can buy a precon, show up with your buds, and rock it out. What I was referring to is the juncture between oldfags and newfags with regard to edh. It doesn't matter how many packs of post Jacetice you buy, you're never going to be able to compete with that guy who buys modern masters. It's only a matter of time before complete plebs realize that throwing their money away is stupid, and edh will be the catalyst. The thing about our format is that certain competitive modern/legacy-style cards are format staples and there is no possibility anything new can compete with UU counterspell and Bolt in the current standard, let alone Jitte or the Swords.

Just give it time anon, hipsters parroting hipsters will inevitably win.
>>
>>53660455
That's just a handful of cards in a set though, not the whole set.

I'm talking about catering to EDH and ignoring standard, like the guy I responded to was saying. Read the post chain
>>
>>53660443
then my suggestion is don't make a god deck. you'll almost never have enough devotion to attack with any of them. karona is a bad choice for a commander. your mana base is slow and not good enough for a 5c deck. why are you building this in the first place?
>>
I want another joke set with food theme "unfed" and back of the cards say "Magic: the Catering"
>>
>>53660240
Pre Mending
>one of the oldest beings in the multiverse
>fought with the other Elder Dragons
>ascended to Planeswalker
>finds Zendikar
>Eldrazi are already sealed away
>he checks out the Eye of Ugin
>tracks Ugin to Tarkir and kills him
>I'm not sure on the order of Tarkir/Zendikar
>fought and won the first Planeswalker duel
>made a trophy of his enemy in Dominaria
>likes to go there to gloat
>it also happens to be near a confluence of leylines
>has to use the leylines to anchor himself to the plane
>so that he doesn't destroy it with his presence
>makes a giant shrine and takes over the empire of Madara
>rules as god emperor for a few centuries
>Tetsuo Umezawa breaks his shrine and fucks up his soul
>he fades away a bit
>Venser, Radha, Teferi, and Jhoira come by
>uses Venser's PW spark to get stronk again
>fucks up Teferi in a time duel
>they tell him there are huge time rifts killing the multiverse
>he walks to Kamigawa
>disguises himself as the Myojin of Night's Reach
>gives Leshrac a way to beat Nicol Bolas
>Leshrac fights Nicol Bolas and thinks he's winning
>surprise, I was playing you the whole time
>uses Leshrac to seal the rift over Madara
>fucks off

Post Mending
>gets Lili in touch with 4 demons
>schemes in Alara
>toys around with Tezzeret
>Tezzeret is a pretty smart dude
>Bolas out plans him constantly
>sends him to fuck around on Mirrodin
>somewhen
>gets Sarkhan on his side
>sends Sarkhan off to Zendikar
>that's gonna lead to the Eldrazi getting out
>Conflux of Alara
>unlimited power.jpg
>Bolas is absorbing it all
>Ajani finds him because Bolas got his brother killed
>summons Bolas's spirit to fight him
>Bolas fucks off

Then we get to Amonkhet. Bolas probably created the plane. We'll find out more in Hour of Devastation. Hopefully.

All in all he's actually not that villainous, especially compared to Yawgmoth, the real BBEG of Magic. He's more defined by his ambition and his quest for more power and glory, as opposed to kicking puppies.
>>
>>53660534
1) A few cards basically let me tutor or shit. And Starfield turns all my Gods into critters instantly.

2) Karona with Vows/Assault Suit: Shennanigans

3) Then make suggestions on what to cut for more ramp.

4) I'm building the deck for funsies. And I just don't know every single card in the game. So, if anything would make the deck better, I'd much appreciate the suggestions.
>>
>>53660679
it's a trap, man. the deck won't be fun to play and isn't worth a ~$450 investment. if you want to build a deck for fun try building something that's fun to play rather than weird and bad.
>>
>>53643320
I don't sleeve in EDH, but mostly KMC Hyper Mattes. Sometimes I get special art sleeves that match the theme of my deck and put them into character guard sleeves.
>>
>>53660643
>Bolas probably created the plane.

Apparently not. There were 8 gods, Bolas did something and 3 of them are gone now, and one of the things beyond the Hekma describes him as an outsider.
>>
>>53660713
$220
>>
>>53660741
Ah, missed that. I haven't really been keeping up with the latest stuff. Maybe if I don't read the lore it won't be terrible.
>>
>>53660716
Shit, I double sleeve my Commander decks. And with that being said, I actually double sleeve all of my decks.
>>
>>53660779
Or you could spend that money getting things you're missing for other decks or buying staples you don't have.
>>
>>53660779
it's not worth any investment, you're just gonna not do anything and always be a few turns behind thanks to all of your lands coming into play tapped, and when you do play stuff it's gonna be gods that don't synergize with the strategy of your deck.
>>
>>53660713
Also, just because you don't think it'll be fun doesn't mean other people wouldn't. Stop being a Debbie Down'syndrome. And if you can't think of anything to make the deck better, then why are you worried about someone else wanting to build it?
>>
>>53660851
i'm trying to save you some time and money and steer you in the direction of building something that's actually fun to play and might do something in any game ever.
>>
>>53660802
I'm pretty much good on my other decks. And I'm not poor. I don't have to fret over $220. Hell, if anything, if I happen to not like the deck I'll still have a lot of good cards and all of the Gods. So, it's never a waste of money.

>>53660815
Yeah? Then make better suggestions. A good portion of cards tutor for crap that I can use. And a few of them can keep tutoring repeatedly. And a little gen would be Amulet of Vigor which turns all of my tap lands into non-tap lands. Sooo... there's that at least.
>>
>>53660793
I make $60k a year and never play with anything more than like $20. I can afford a couple dings on my cards every now and then in exchange for the satisfying feeling of riffle shuffling a hundred card deck.
>>
>>53660788
It might be working; The Amonkhet stories weren't as bad as the Kaladesh ones, at least not so far. We had one that was genuinely godawful, another that was garbage as a whole but at least had some nuggets of not-turd, and the rest were... serviceable, almost angling towards good in a few cases. Like, not at the level of the Tamiyo-focused stories which have been as close to gold as Nu Lore gets, but more consistently readable.
>>
>>53660918
you came in here saying "i want to build this deck that can literally never be playable" and asked for suggestions to make it playable.

don't worry about how playable it is. if you're building a shit deck for the sake of building a shit deck, who gives a shit?
>>
>>53660920
It's not about getting nicks in my cards. It's in case of the unlikely event of someone being clumbsy and spilling a drink all over the table. I don't like having to go and replace cards. Buying them is a minor inconvince. But, going to my LGS or waiting for them in the mail for cards that I already own that shouldn't have been destroyed in the first place is more of an inconvience that I don't want to put up with.
>>
>>53660984
>>53660984
>>53660984

New thread.
>>
>>53660960
And again, you are wining for a deck that you aren't going to ever build or play?

So, why? Why are you wining? Do you need drama in your life? Is this where you go to seek a thrill in your life?

No? Then stop shitting on other people's fun. Make suggestions or pipe the fuck down, little Timmy.
>>
>>53660918
If you aren't a poorfag then buy abur duels, fetches, and shocks.

If you don't get them and keep asking for help like money is no object you are stupid and should go away
>>
>>53661004
how are you still not getting this

don't ask for advice if your plan is to build a bad deck. the only advice you're going to get is "don't build a bad deck".
>>
>>53660966
I can understand why you'd be cautious then. I'm glad my group's table has us spaced far enough apart that drink spilling is pretty much a non-issue, plus built in cup holders! The only way I could see that happening to us is if someone fucked up royally by tripping on their way to the table, spergs out trying to catch it, only to spill it everywhere.
>>
>>53646007
I'm behind this, but willing to settle for spirit's or Angels.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>53659466
It was the best block ever. It's not clearly a "top-down" set like Innistrad or a mechanical set like Ravnica. I think Time Spiral is a love letter from the makers to the game. It's got complex mechanics, in-jokes, throwbacks and references in every single aspect of the cards. The cards were made holistically and any part of them from the artist or the artwork to the names and power/toughness could be an homage to other magic cards. Docent of Perfection is my favorite card from recent years and Time Spiral was an entire block filled with cards like Docent of Perfection.
>>
>>53658165
>No final fortune
It's like you don't even WANT to win the game
>>
>>53659914
It feels quite bad but once I complete my binder with a collection of every single card in the set I will feel very good every time I look through it :)
>>
>>53660071
They're just trying to make money and probably have a few idiot liberals on staff as well as market research that tells them a section of their market are damaged people with dyed hair, piercings, and homosexuality so the cards better represent that sometimes.
>>
>>53660327
God tribal is gods+board wipes

>>53660363
Is Alesha a boy or a girl?
>>
>>53661327
Alesha was born male, but identified as female, and when she had the opportunity to choose her name chose the name of her grandmother.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/truth-names-2015-01-28
>>
>>53660679
You can run some of the "gods" from Shadowmoor. Deus of Calamity, Ghastlord of Fugue, Godhead of Awe, etc. They're on theme as gods and provide enormous devotion.

It'll be a little tough to cast them in a 5-color deck so just pick the ones you can cast and that activate your best Theros gods.
Thread posts: 403
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.