[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the monopoly rulebook: > Whenever you land on an unowned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: monopoly-rules-hotel-250x15.jpg (21KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
monopoly-rules-hotel-250x15.jpg
21KB, 250x150px
In the monopoly rulebook:

> Whenever you land on an unowned property you may buy that property from the Bank at its printed price. You receive the Title Deed card showing ownership; place it faceup in front of you.

> If you do not wish to buy the property, the Banker sells it at auction to the highest bidder. The buyer pays the Bank the amount of the bid in cash and receives the Title Deed card for that property. Any player, including the one who declined the option to buy it at the printed price, may bid. Bidding may start at any price.

So the bank can decide at any point in time he wants to sell a property to any player if somebody lands on that property? Or another player can bid on it?
>>
Sure. If it's unowned. And the person who landed on it didn't want to buy it for face value. In fact, if both of those criteria are met, the property MUST be sold.
>>
>>53630306
The player who landed on the property has the chance to buy it before anyone else for listed price. If that opportunity is passed up by the active player then all players bid and it goes to the winner. The bank never decides who gets the property.
>>
>>53630306
The banker doesn't decide anything, all he does is handle the money. If the player doesn't buy a property as he lands on it, it HAS to go to auction, and it HAS to be sold.
>>
Thanks!
>>
>>53630364
>The banker doesn't decide anything
You have no idea how many games I've 'won' through joint ownership, corporativisation and loan schemes.
>>
>>53630306
>playing with the rules

I bet you don't pay all fines into freeparking and give it to whoever lands there
>>
>>53630364
It doesn't HAVE to be sold if no one wants to bid any price.

The bidding may start at any price, but the banker may start it above a value that players would want to pay.
>>
>>53630954
>Set rules
>Break them
>Do dumb side shit that isn't covered by the rules
>Complain when everything turns to shit and nobody has a good time

It really is a metaphor for the US.
>>
>>53631039
The banker doesn't set the price, mate. Any player may bid any amount and the highest wins.
>>
>>53631039
>the banker may start it above a value that players would want to pay.
See "The banker doesn't decide anything, all he does is handle the money."

The players can bid next to nothing if they want to.
>>
>>53631069
Where in that post did he say he complained
>>
After playing the PC version I feel like I finally understand the rules properly.
>>
>>53631129
He's just shitposting ironically, but most people play it this way and fucking hate Monopoly. It's not a great game either way, but this shit doesn't help.
>>
>>53631195
this, the freeparking money house rule only serves to make the game longer which is also the biggest complaint of the game.

its because normies feel bad about losing and seeing others lose so the free parking windfall is a stimulus to keep players in the game longer. but its just that. it keeps players in the game longer which is counter to the point of a game called monopoly which is supposed to have one person become the winner and owner of everything.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.