[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts? http://geekandsundry.com/betrayal-a t-baldurs-gat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Betrayal-at-Baldurs-Gate.jpg (414KB, 1500x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Betrayal-at-Baldurs-Gate.jpg
414KB, 1500x1007px
Thoughts?

http://geekandsundry.com/betrayal-at-baldurs-gate-brings-house-on-the-hill-to-dungeons-and-dragons/

Coming from the D&D side, it's casual as fuck, but coming from the Betrayal side, I always kind of wanted them to do a dungeon exploration one. I always liked Betrayal.
>>
It will just be 75% recycled/renamed cards from the original.

I would pick this up if I didn't own the original and expansion.
>>
I dunno...the expansion for Betrayal was all over the place in its writing and scenarios, with several Haunts being either unplayably ambiguous, or just poorly playtested.

I'd have to play it at a store, or wait for it to show up on TTS before spending money on this franchise again
>>
I have been putting off buying Betrayal for years now. Will pick this up instead since other people in my group have the original version.
>>
If Avalon Hill is actually producing it, which seems to be the case, then it's instantly a no-buy for me. The components of Betrayal are some of the shittiest I've ever found in a board game (flimsy miniatures with terrible paint jobs, and those plastic character card sliders are horrible), and if the expansion's writing is anything to go by I don't expect good scenarios. Not to mention they're not worth supporting anyway because of CERTAIN people they associate with.
>>
>>53621042
Doubt I'll buy it since I have Betrayal. The big thing will be if they can manage to make the haunts more straight forwards.

>>53622849
I'm afraid to ask, but the fuck happened? Is it a literally who type of thing?
>>
>>53622849

When I play other people's sets the sliders are terrible, even on brand new sets, and they fall straight the fuck off

That said, mine are fine for some reason and stay where they're put.
>>
>>53621042
I'm willing to give it a chance to impress me, but the expansion box was very flawed. I've heard promising things from preview stuff, but I'll wait and see. Probably try it on Tabletop Simulator.

>>53623590
>Is it a literally who type of thing?
Basically. A few annoying internet personalities each wrote a scenario from the expansion box.
>>
>>53624665
Avalon Hill and Wizards publications had different components IIRC
>>
>>53622849
Avalon Hill doesnt exist. hasnt existed since hasbro bought them out. its just a name that hasbro slaps on games they dont want to have a hasbro name on
>>
>>53622849
Who are these CERTAIN people?
>>
>>53625089
You mean anything that isn't the kidfriendliest of mainstream boardgames from their Parker Bros/Milton Bradley library?
>>
My casual gaming group loves Betrayal, so I'll absolutely be picking this up. Betrayal's main flaw in my and my friend's eyes is that the setting only lends itself to Halloween. Having a version we can play all year will be nice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.