[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Never played DnD or any other tabletop RPG before >Repeatedly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: poly610.jpg (117KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
poly610.jpg
117KB, 610x343px
>Never played DnD or any other tabletop RPG before
>Repeatedly try and get a group together over the years
>Always falls apart

How do you guys do it? Even my most casual normalfag friends have played but nobody seems to have any interest in the games any more.
>>
>>53620393
Alcohol
>>
>>53620393
Maybe try a super-light game like Risus and just spring it on people when you've got a group hanging out and trying to figure out what to do. Have pre-prepared characters and an adventure ready, so you can hit the ground running and be playing within 10 minutes of suggesting the game.
>>
>>53620393
Are you gming or playing ? If you're willing to GM it's much easier to find a group.
>>
>>53620393
I'd probably advise finding a pre-established group anon, especially if you're new. Unless you want to GM, in which case, look for players looking for a GM, there always are.
>>
File: Mycollection.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Mycollection.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
step one
have friends who are willing to try. do all the work and run a module adventure.

you'll figure out the rest
>>
>>53620393
>How do you guys do it?
We don't. People on /tg/ don't actually play TTRPG, they just whine and complain, have pissing contests about their prefered systems, and try to minmax the shit out of everything and then complain about the balance when they have intentionally broken the game.
>>
>>53622272
That's a nice table
>>
>>53620393
In my experience it's mostly having friends in the hobby and getting lucky with the timing of a new group being started. Either one of your friends or a friend of a friend starts a game and you ask or are invited to join.

Guess I can't really explain how to make it work from scratch.
>>
File: 1494964902631.jpg (45KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1494964902631.jpg
45KB, 352x395px
>>53621436
This answer helps a lot. Helps you deal with the creepy fetish bullshit people make their characters into.
>>
>>53620393
You start GMing, and force anyone that you can find to play with you. You're going to have to do most of the work.

People have zero fucking attention span. If you want to make it work, you need to make it the most fun goddamn thing that they've ever done in their lives. Most people are also retarded, and terrified of math for some reason, so don't make them do any of that. Then, as you play more drip feed them mechanics, until they too become full on grognards.

You're welcome
>>
>>53622381
Common room at my dormitory. Shit was nice
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.