[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of the single cheapest 40k module you could field with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Angry_Marine_Smackdown.jpg (518KB, 1200x1713px) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Marine_Smackdown.jpg
518KB, 1200x1713px
How many of the single cheapest 40k module you could field with the price of the single most expensive one? If you were to pit them against one another in a fight, who would win?

t. someone that has never played 40k nor real much of the rulebooks but suddenly got curious
>>
Probably an army of grots versus Guilliman.

Guilliman wins.
>>
>>53617564
An army of grots or hormagaunts equivalent to and vs an Imperator or Warlord Titan

Titan doesn't even get scratched.
>>
>>53617812
>>53618125
The ig guy gets tarpitted and the weaklings win the battle by capturing points n shiet.
>>
All of the spore mines. All of them. Vs a warlord titan.
>>
Grots are 3 points each, and don't even need a Runtherd anymore.

Yeah, their guns are only S3, but they can wound anything on a 6 now.

The guns do diddly, but that's a whole lot of diddly.
>>
>>53619409
That'd be around 300 grots against a 900 point Stompa, which is one of the biggest things we have rules for in 8th currently.

The real problem will be getting them in range to shoot
>>
>>53617564

300 Guard Conscripts vs Stompa, probably more actually because I don't think the Stompa's weapons are free.

>Fix bayonets!

The Guardsmen have to attack the stompa a total of 2160 times, which should happen around turn 5-6.
>>
>>53620052
>>53619730
Stompa with the base weapons is 960
>>
>>53617564
In 7e, the Manta by itself was a couple thousand points. Given 8e's increased costs for vehicles, it's likely only going up from there. The cheapest are definitely grots, but they can't hit airborne.
>>
>>53620889
they can shoot it
>>
>>53620910
Ah, forgot they had a ranged weapon. Okay, so that's something around 1,000 grots vs a Manta. Only a portion of the grots will ever be in range at once, though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.