[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUYS HELP I FORGOT TO LEVEL MY 5TH ED MONK It's the big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1260579538319.jpg (23KB, 362x372px) Image search: [Google]
1260579538319.jpg
23KB, 362x372px
GUYS HELP I FORGOT TO LEVEL MY 5TH ED MONK

It's the big decision lvl 4 level up. Dex is 16 and Wis is 13.
More ability points or the neato Polearm Master feat?
>>
>>53613399
I'll take your bait.
Pick Dexterity ASI.

How the fuck didn't you max out both Dex and Wis to 16 at character creation?

Pole arm master is a shit feat on monks.

Monks only really benefit from Ritual Caster (Cleric) and Mobile.
>>
>>53613399
Which archetype did you go with?
>>
>>53613437
You're forgetting the Tough and Lucky feats, which are blanket benefits for any class, but Monks particular benefit from Tough because they're a close-combat class with d8 hit-points.
>>
>>53613437
>How the fuck didn't you max out both Dex and Wis to 16 at character creation?
Because our DM wanted to try out the sequential ability score rollup meme.

I'm also considering trying to persuade my DM to allow me to change school from shadow school to sun soul.
>>
>>53613497
If you are a shadow monk you should be allright in terms of survivability thanks to teleport but your KI save DC is going to fuck over your features like Stunning Strike etc.
It would only get worse with Sun monk since burning hands also requires a save.
>>
>>53613527
This. Forget the other abilities, just up your WIS to 15. You'll get an AC boost to 14, better saves, and better Perception, which is always nice.
>>
I think I'm gonna go with dex. Can't stun something I can't hit in the first place.
>>
>>53613565
Are you deliberately talking shit so he makes the worse decision?

His KI save DC is going to be shit without a +3 Wis modifier.
So it's a waste to up his Wis to 15 when he only nets a +2 modifier out of that.

On the other hand he needs DEX for all his attacks.
Shadow monk offers him enough mobility to work with only that.
He can multiclass later on into Rogue to get more out of it after lvl 6.
>>
>>53613437
Definitely should go with both Wis and Dex ASI. Increasing Wis to 14 gets him the same increase to AC as increasing Dex to 18 would, and it gets him a +1 to his Ki DC while setting him up to get 18 Dex on the next ASI.
>>
>>53613437
Why the hell is your WIS so low as a monk? That's one of their most important stats, you nobhead.
>>
>>53613399
What's your race?
https://astranauta.github.io/feats.html#Master%20of%20Disguise
>>
File: face wtf u doin.jpg (304KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
face wtf u doin.jpg
304KB, 1280x974px
>>53613437
PAM kinda would work for that UA weapons archetype...
But agreeing that not starting on 16/16 DEX/WIS at lvl. 1 really is necking yourself from the get-go; monks are FAR more dependant on their core stats than most other classes.
>>53613497
>rolled stats
I'm sorry for loss. I hope your GM enjoys the meme because I can't imagine players doing that over functioning characters.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.