[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 29

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Topic discussion:
Centaurs apparently

Unified /pgg/ link repository: https://pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53594835
>>
apparently
>>
>>53600323
Why are centaurs one of the worst fantasy races outside of greek myth and japanese anime
>>
Do you prefer male centaur on your female character, or female centaur on your male character?
>>
>>53600368
Honestly, it's probably got to do with fucking ponies
>>
Why does Paizo hate playable constructs? Why aren't there any available outside of using the race creator rules?
>>
>>53600399
They are, there are Wyrwoods

checkmate retard
>>
>>53600399
Wyrwoods are what you're looking for.
>>
Centaurs are terrible. Drunken, degenerate rapists the lot of them. Don't even get me started on the smell, I've sniffed Otyugh more pleasant.

Damn good at archery though.
>>
>>53600356

Is the the animated version of the doujin who's name I cannot recall?
>>
>>53600379
Male centaur on female character, but only if they're a witch
>>
>>53600412
>>53600431
>implying my GM is gonna let me use a 20 point race
They have that half-construct trait, why don't they do a race that uses it officially
>>
>>53600443

I prefer my witches having to please a devil's Nightmare for her powers
>>
>>53600234
Wouldn't Pony type Centaurs be more common in urban areas? Feels like even buildings would change heavily to accommodate Horse sized Centaur. Scyscrapers don't seem like they would work with horses.
>>
>>53600399
Because being a construct would make you immune to so many things that there would be no point to play anything else and if they would restrict, say, classes and stuff for them then people would REEE about that too.
>>
>>53600320
I know this is shitposting but this topic interests me.

How do you make a "decent character", by whatever measure you each personally choose to use in an app?

I think it's understood that most characters want to have a lot of room for growth, and the bulk of what makes a character good is going to come down to the roleplayer's ability and the developments of a campaign. This can run counter-intuitive to writing a realized characted in an application. What's the appropriate compromise between too broad that they're bland and too narrow that they're archetypes?
>>
>>53600467
Except a construct just fucking dies when it hits 0.
>>
>>53600443
Witches tend to be associated with the worst sexual degeneracy out there, huh?
>>
>>53600335
>>53600343

Hate the least? That's a pointless distinction.

Even the least smelly turd in the toilet, is still a piece of shit.
>>
>>53600462
Pretty much- I can foresee the pony-sized ones ending up more common than the biggun's, primarily for logistic reasons. In more rural/suburban areas you can get away with building with the space needed for a centaur- but in a city, where you're looking to go more UP rather than OUT, pony-sized ones are gonna be a bit more comfortable, as they can make use of MOST of the same stuff that the normal, bipedal humanoids will use.
>>
>>53600493
To me, a decent character needs to have plenty of identifiable strengths and weaknesses. Also, they need to have a backstory that explains what needs to be explained about the character without overstaying its welcome. Finally, the character needs to be relate-able somehow.

TL;DR: Give people a reason to care about their ambitions and plights.
>>
>>53600462
because it would be half horse, half halfling. Thats a pony centaur.
>>
>>53600511
But is immune to half of an average wizard's spellbook's content, the extra nasty of early enemies and can pretty much be used as a mine detector if anybody fears disease or charm persons being a threat.

Yeah, just because a blaster wizard needs not to do about 20 extra damage to gib you doesn't mean you are still not a walking, talking ball of immunities.
>>
>>53600511
I built a robot race called Ancient Robotics, and while it was still a construct and had most construct immunities and restrictions, it also had a few negatives to it that made the race fair to play. The excuse was because they were so ancient, they developed glitches or their bodies were too old and needed a lot of replacements.
>>
>>53600456
I mean, you could talk to your gm about it.
The it gets a laundry list of immunities, doesn't need Con, but nothing else of note. Actually, it has a lot of downsides to, like auto dying at 0 hp, and only being healed by Make Whole and other spells like that.

It's not like it's front loaded with Ridiculous Stat bonuses or SLAs. I'd let it fly.
>>
>>53600379
I prefer female centaur on female

>>53600399
>>53600456
>Half-Constructs
Fuck if I know man, that typing's kinda whack.

>Constructs in general
Construct typing is loaded as fuck and would need to be given weakness after weakness stacked on top of the race to compensate for the assload of bullshit it has. Seriously, APs (and undoubtedly some GMs) can't handle an earlygame construct. A fuckload of "puzzles", traps, and obstacles just cease to be problems when you have a construct who can just waltz through status effects like they're not even there. The only actual problem is the lack of easy way to even heal a construct until 3rd level minimum (when a Wizard/Cleric gets Make Whole) just as an added fuckover, unless Mending works on constructs. Or you're a spherecaster with something that heals constructs.

t. person who watched a construct totally bypass a ton of shit during his climb from level 1 to level 11.
>>
>>53600440
[20170506] [Studio Zealot] Zton Jingai Animation A Beautiful Greed Nulu Nulu [720p]
>>
>>53600567
I mean warforged were immune to a lot of stuff and pretty much the only people that complained were bad DM's.
>>
Don't forget to vote!
>>
>>53600629
Pretty hard to vote with no polls, lad.
>>
>>53600632
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=593326cae4b08ff6f666b186

Because looking in an old thread is soooo hard, baka.
>>
>>53600629
>>53600632
This poll?
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=593326cae4b08ff6f666b186
>>
File: 1493263738453.jpg (38KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
1493263738453.jpg
38KB, 240x312px
>>53600591
T-thanks
>>
>>53600589
People often include repair spells to the wizard's spellbook specifically for repairing constructs besides the good ol' make whole.
>>
>>53600643
>>53600642
God damn, that's such an ugly UI
>>
>>53600379
Riding a female centaur in every way.
>>
>>53600642
FOUR WEEKS. FOOOUR WEEEEEEKS.
>>
>>53600662
I ain't the dude who made it, dude.
>>
>>53600493

The general just wants to be entertained - that's why sex and memes are most of the equation. Some of the best characters from other media like movies and books start off with nothing interesting going on in those character's lives until the show starts, which makes sense, because all the audience/reader really cares about is the narrative going forward, just as the GM and players in these games should be focusing on the start and going forward.

Here, however, we don't get to see the show. All we get is the previews. So the demand is high for something entertaining that reads like a story. The downside is that you get a very skewed perspective on what qualifies as good or not. If you pitched Luke Skywalker here as he started in Star Wars, he'd be derided as shit and ignored right off the bat because his backstory is simple, not filled with dramatic tension or heroic accomplishments or magical powers.

Seriously. Go back and read some of these apps that just get dismissed. There's some fantastic potential in them if you mull their angle for a minute. Sure there are some duds, but those are the obvious ones with shitty formatting and bad grammar.
>>
>>53600681
I figured, I'm just complaining.
>>
>>53600683
>Implying Luke is a remotely interesting character in Episode 4.
>>
>>53600691
Yeah. It irks me that there's no graphs either.
>>
File: 1432850018327.gif (2MB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
1432850018327.gif
2MB, 540x501px
>>53600683
Are there any meme characters that you think fit the "Luke Skywalker" motif really well? As in, they've got fantastic room to grow as people during the adventure but they're kind of shit from the onset?
>>
Never had the chance to play Pathfinder (or DnD for that matter), is there really a problem in the power discrepancy between mundane fighters and magic users? Linear fighter, quadratic wizard; so I hear.

The other worries about this game that I would like to consult about its veracity is about Feats and Animal Companions.
For the for former, I hear there is a lot of "trap feats" that sounds nice but is actually useless, is this a real problem in game or can be handled by even an inexperienced GMs? Also does it affect character customization (ie some ideas are not viable due to their related perk being too inefficient) or incentivizes min-maxing (ie only a handful of perks are actually useful for a specific role so every character filling said role uses those same perks)?
I suppose the latter concern is a particular case of the first one. I've heard before that Animal Companions of Druids and Rangers are quite useless and easily insta-killed. Does this mean I couldn't make a weak character who relies on his animal partner (ie small orphan boy travelling with his big scary wolf momma, inspired by Romulus and Remus)?
>>
Reminder

>To be honest I did intend to give every applicant full reviews fairly constantly throughout the process, but I've been pretty overwhelmed by the number of applicants, and the number of those who revise their apps constantly and are thus in constant need of new reviews, so I've limited myself to only responding to specific questions for the most part. And I do still give full reviews on request, but have been trying to space out the amount I do at once which leads to backlogs and days off spent on review sprees.

Reviewanons, your help is needed for Flower Court! Help out all those applicants!
>>
>>53600724
Serena did.
>>
>>53600748
I've helped out a few anons already, but if anyone else wants it I can lend my ear. Hit up the review channel if you want.
>>
In the theme of the thread, I need horse-related names for a vigilante's alternate identity.
>>
>>53600796
>Discord
How about no?
>>
>>53600798
Darkhorse
>>
>>53600806
Your loss, mate.
>>
>>53600748
Fuck it.

Anyone need/want help?
>>
>>53600798
equine eunuch.
>>
>>53600821
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5063385#post-5063385

Might as well get the ball rolling.
>>
File: b3756a7ab86cceffa19016a25368a1a4.png (446KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
b3756a7ab86cceffa19016a25368a1a4.png
446KB, 1280x1024px
>>53600798
Sir Stallion
>>
>>53600798
The Thoroughbred of Sin.
>>
>>53600798
Your vigilante has a horse theme? Does he ride one or is he just Batman but on a farm?
>>
>>53600821
I need you to put on a fucking trip, faggot. I don't want to see this shit.
>>
>>53600821
Review your own app. I'm too lazy to read through it and need the tl;dr.
>>
>>53600839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN2U5wkhRWc
>>
>>53600821
I want you to roast the FUCK out of Rory! In JttW! But ensoulment will do in a pinch.
>>
>>53600821
You know what? I might as well get a second opinion on this before I do my rewrite.
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5075336#post-5075336
>>
>>53600745
>I hear there is a lot of "trap feats" that sounds nice but is actually useless, is this a real problem in game or can be handled by even an inexperienced GMs

The meme about trap feats is they're feats any reasonable person would not look at in the first place. Let's be real here, if you're playing a Paladin than you're not going to need Prone Shooter. Furthermore, casters are only an issue when you're dealing with inexperienced DMs and a serious asshole of a caster player who doesn't give two slimy shits about your enjoyment of the game, which is to say they'd be right proper cunts regardless of what they were playing.

So kick back, relax, and make your Barbarian. I guarantee through both experience and understanding of the system that you will be relevant until the end-game.
>>
> that poll
> look at results
> Total votes: 88 Voters: 16

Ha ha ha.
>>
>>53600821
Roll for it.
>>
>>53600896
>Voting systems that allow for more votes per voter than there are spots in the campaign
>It doesn't sort
>That UI
Utter
Trash
>>
>>53600821
https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5121139/
pls
>>
>>53600745
Magic users tend to be much more powerful on their own, simply due to the wider variety of options that they were given. Where a fighter can only rely on things that pretty much every character has access to, magic users have access to entire lists of spells. There's third party systems that get around this, but it exists in pretty much all forms of D&D/PF, with the exception of 4th edition, which made a completely different game.

Feats do vary wildly in effectiveness, but there are guides available for pretty much every class that explains which ones are useful, and which ones to avoid. There are some customization options that struggle, and some feats that basically every character in a particular style looks to take, though.

Animal Companions, on the other hand, tend to be some of the stronger ones out there. It's actually a common complaint against Druids that they get what's basically a Fighter as a class feature. Summoners in particular are great for being a weak character with a powerful partner, since you can hang back and use support spells while your companion goes to town. Druids serve much the same purpose, but with a more natural bent. Lastly, Hunters excel at working alongside their Animal Companion, getting a buffed up version of the Druid's companion, in exchange for fewer spells.
>>
>>53600973
>>53600896
The anon who made the poll here.
I initially intended to use strawpoll, but strawpoll has a limit on the number of entries. Ensoulment has too many applicants at this point to fit them in strawpoll, so I had to use another website instead.
>>
>>53601024
>Ensoulment has too many applicants
Yes, it does. And too long of an app period as well, it's RotJR all over again. Just look at the thread.
>>
File: 1495744834859.jpg (185KB, 678x945px) Image search: [Google]
1495744834859.jpg
185KB, 678x945px
>Ssalarn implies that he's been given more authority over Spheres of Might and he has control over basically everything in the playtest, even other authors' writing

>Ssalarn still defending stupid bullshit like Guardian Sphere Challenge giving +2 attack AGAINST THE FUCKING TANK even though it still takes a standard action to use

Fucking hell, is Spheres of Might doomed?
>>
>>53601024
Use strawpoll.de instead, moron.
>>
>>53600834
>https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5063385#post-5063385

Reading it now.

>>53600853
>I'm too lazy to read through it and need the tl;dr.

If only there was literally a tl;dr on the page...

>>53600881

>https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5075336#post-5075336

This one is a quickie.

I agree with the general sentiment that she's boring and 1-Dimensional.

You've given many, many opportunities for conflicts and self-doubt in her backstory, but you've taken advantage of exactly none of them.

You're also struggling with too much PLOT and not enough character in her backstory. At the end of it, I don't know anything about her as a person, and therefore have no reason to care about what happened to her.

Not a bad idea, but in need of some meat on its bones. (Also, adding a flaws section only to talk about how pure and special the character is seems like a... poor decision.)

>>53601000
>https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5121139/

After Ichabod.
>>
>>53601024
Asking as the disgruntled voting system anon towards anyone, not just you.

Are there online poll websites that would allow for:
1. Enough entries for all of the applicants
2. Multiple votes per voter, up to a maximum equal to the stated party size on the LFG
3. Decent security to prevent voter fraud and ballot stuffing.
4. Actually sorts the results page to be meaningful.

If anyone knows of a website that would do those, please let me know.
>>
>>53601083
>After Ichabod.
Thanks.
>>
>>53601058
JttW is giving it some competition at least now.

Also, even though FOXTITS is a meme(and a reminder that animalgirls tend to be furries in denial) I have to say that Mira's story is very fitting to the flavor. It reminds me a lot of the folktale of Princess Kaguya and the bamboo cutter.
>>
Posted this in the last thread, forgot it was dead.

Let's say I'm playing a Sphere's of Power Hunter? What spheres should I specialize in?
>>
>>53601137
>tfw have a build that makes the most mechanical sense to use base skinwalker
>hate furries
Welp, time to trash the build.

What neat build ideas do you have?
>>
>>53601096
see
>>53601074
>>
So now that gathlains have a bunch of neat stuff in the coming books, who's going to play a gathlain cutie for /pfg/ to meme?

Or for less memery, what kind of interesting thematics or builds are enabled by elves having easy access to continual detect magic?
>>
>>53601137
JttW is never going to be comparable to Ensoulment in terms of shitposting. The limited time slot means less applicants and less shitposting as there's less self shilling throughout.
>>
>>53601137
>>
>>53601083
>Also, adding a flaws section only to talk about how pure and special the character is seems like a... poor decision.
>>
>>53600885
The trap feats that matter (and that cause problems) are ones like Combat Expertise or Improved Feint, where it's a waste of time and resources to use them but they look good to newbies at a first glance.
>>
>>53601083
Well put, I guess. I see the issue with PLOT>>>Character. The Flaws part was supposed to convey less of how "pure" she is (which is not my point at all) and more of how she's been twisted and borked by the half-decade she spent selling her soul to otherworldly creatures for power. That, and how she's holier-than-thou as all fuck because of her past.

This gives me some good pointers to work with for the rewrite.
>>
>>53601216
>Easily tricked
>Not a legitimate flaw for a heroic character
>>
>>53601216
That flaw actually is a flaw if you watch Transformers cartoon stuff, where Optimus regularly gets fucked with because he agrees to deals/truces even after the Decepticons just broke the previous one.
>>
>>53601083
Help me unfuck Ortzi pls
>>
>>53601166
Why is it using skinwalker? If it's for stats, is there another race with the same stats? If it's for forest flavor, you could always use elves for MUH FOREST FOLK or some fey thing. If it's for savage, you got orcs etc.
>>
>>53601074
>>53601181
Still no way to both enable multiple votes, while limiting that number to a set size
>>
>>53601073
Yes.
>>
>>53601281
>while limiting that number to a set size
That part doesn't really matter.
>>
Friendly reminder that Starfinder is a terrible idea and will sink the company.
>>
>>53601297
5e stay in your own thread
>>
>>53601273
>orcs
Are borderline unplayable as anything other than AM barbarian bullshit. They don't even make good initiators.
>>
>>53601233
If that's the intent, play up the horror of someone who has, and continues to, throw away their humanity. Don't be afraid to make her legitimately alien and unnerving.

Possibly add a bit explaining how that holier than thou attitude feeds into and off of her transformation.
>>
File: 1496509394482.png (713KB, 973x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496509394482.png
713KB, 973x1200px
Which of the current recruiting games would be best for a vigilante who's a noble lady slash circus peformer slash thief who beats up people with ribbons and juggling implements?

Which of the current recruiting games would be best for a mischievous but innocent forest faun who's fascinated by the non-fey races?
>>
I wish I had time to make a character for JttW or Ensoulment!
>>
>>53601273
Because the it needs +str/+wis, and claws (to qualify for a bloodforge climbspeed feat). The other bonuses it gives are better than the similar Oni-blooded, and bloodforge races are out.
>>
>>53601297
Friendly reminder most of want to see Paizo burn.

Like I legit don't even play with Paizo content anymore.
>>
>>53601324
You still have a month fir Ensoulment, you can do it anon.
>>
>>53601312
Do Fox Tits next!
>>
>>53601347
No I can't, the time is untenable!
>>
>>53601073
It was doomed as soon as Ssalarn got his greasy claws on it.
>>
>>53601327
Well either fluff it as going full Hollywood 1950s monster wolfman instead of kemonomimi kawaii wolfgirl desu then, or go Oni-blooded and accept the slight loss in power. Sounds simple enough, if it's just a mechanics issue
>>
>>53601312
True enough. She could definitely stand to have some more details about the bloody manhunt she was put through, the loneliness of zero human contact for five years, and her increasing general distance from, well, people. At the same time, she's not supposed to be "alien and unnerving" to the point where it freaks people out at a glance; she's supposed to be their savior, after all. They need to believe her, at least to begin with; if there's no DROP when the 'merciful healing girl' suddenly tells a fellow she has to burn down his home because it's in the way, there's no bite in it.

But yeah, thanks for the help. Onwards to new people!
>>
>>53601216
Is that not literally a flaw? It sounds like the perfect Paladin weakness, giving your enemies the benefit of the doubt even if they don't deserve it.
>>
https://strawpoll.com/rg6z66x
Here, a poll.
>>
>>53601292
As I see it, you would have three ways of asking the question "who should get into X game?"

First is by single vote, much like we have, but this both neuters our sample size by only allowing one vote despite people wanting many in, or just everyone voting for themselves.

Second, would be a unlimited mutliple voting, which gives us better, but less that perfect information because people could vote for all but the ones they don't like, resulting in over inflation for popular (or shilled) options, while leaving others completely behind.

Third would be to limit it up to the party size. This results in people picking their ideal party, likely with themselves in it. Because it has that dynamic, we would likely see a better grasp on character chemistry, party role dynamics, and maybe scheduling.
>>
>>53600399
Homebrewaloo, boo.
>>
>>53601412
>not a single gnome
>80% human
Guess I'll vote for the goblin
>>
OH
MY
GOD

ALL I WANT IS A GALTIAN CAMPAIGN

GIMME GIMME GIMME
>>
File: 20110729100021720.jpg (49KB, 620x355px) Image search: [Google]
20110729100021720.jpg
49KB, 620x355px
>>53601382
>You saw?
>Yeah, I saw, unless that was another werewolf doing a handstand on top of Stiles' wolfmobile and making a fool of himself.
>>
>>53601303
Starfinder is a terrible idea.
No one wants it.
>>
>>53601382
>going full Hollywood 1950s monster wolfman
>less furry than kemonomimi kawaii wolfgirl
>t. furry
>>
>>53601449
>Galtian

But if all the high level characters go off and make their own city, who's going to wash the toilets?
>>
>>53601463
Everyone here seems to be excited for it, you dingus.
>>
>>53601463
>Hi, I speak for everyone
fuck off retard
>>
>>53601433
I think multiple choice votes are a good enough compromise.
>>
>>53601447
Gnomes fucking suck, dude.
>>
>>53601514
Nah, I disagree
>>
>>53601514
Yes! Replace gnomes with gathlains!
>>
>>53601492
I haven't seen any positive thing said about it here.
>>
>>53601510
It's a workable option, sure. I was wondering if some site actually did meet all four of those conditions I stated, but it seems like there's not a ton of demand for it.
>>
>>53601535
>entire new book about Fey just dropped
>nothing about Naiads
disappointing desu
>>
File: 1943_frankenstein_meets_037.jpg (400KB, 1024x777px) Image search: [Google]
1943_frankenstein_meets_037.jpg
400KB, 1024x777px
>>53601465
>Thinks this is furry and not a dude with an afro, FULL ACTION BEARD and claws

I see no ears or tail, or animal face, just ugly.
>>
>>53601535
Those also suck, but not as bad as Gnomes.
>>
>>53601449
Why?
I mean it sounds like one of the shittiest places to be in, at least Cheliax has evil magic to keep it somewhat interesting.
>>
Well, that's one review down for the channel. I'm free if anyone else wants a look-over.
>>
>>53601286
>>53601380
There is literally nothing wrong with taking a tiny hit to AC to tank for the party.
>>
>>53601535
>>53601559
Then replace gnomes with kobolds!
>>
File: 1494907579507.png (1MB, 1252x746px) Image search: [Google]
1494907579507.png
1MB, 1252x746px
>>53601543
maybe because it isn't out yet?
>>
>>53601269
Yeah, of all examples possible Anon grabbed the one where the flaw is actually a flaw. Optimus Prime is basically LG to a fucking fault. It's gotten him killed, it's gotten his allies killed, it's gotten innocents killed, it's gotten him killed *again*....

"oh, he's just too beautiful and good" the mary-sue trait this is not. The fucker has been regularly dismembered and betrayed for this.
>>
File: resistancemadefutile.jpg (146KB, 1123x628px) Image search: [Google]
resistancemadefutile.jpg
146KB, 1123x628px
>>53601297
We'll have none of your foul words!
We will resist your wiles!
>>
>>53601591
that's porn
>>
>>53601589
That's mildly better. Not a lot, but a little.
>>
>>53601654
Provide your sources, please.
I have a thing for drow, you see.
>>
>>53601591
Or because it's so bad that it's not worth discussing.
>>
File: levelofporn.jpg (183KB, 678x571px) Image search: [Google]
levelofporn.jpg
183KB, 678x571px
>>53601654
>>
File: ensolmap crack.png (1MB, 1300x656px) Image search: [Google]
ensolmap crack.png
1MB, 1300x656px
A new feature appears on ensoulment's continent, granting the cephalopod a more nervous mein.

And more perspective fixes.
>>
>>53601615
>Anons assuming this isn't the point I was trying to make

Then again, to be fair there's the opposite end of the spectrum, Daigo(Kyoryured) from Kyoryuger..
>>
>>53601615
Still, being good and forgiving is not really a flaw in your character, it's a flaw in the world around your character. Just having a character who's too good and pure and gets fucked over for it is having a weak character.

A stronger one would have actual desires, ambitions, foibles. He would have moments of weakness, or where he doubts himself or is honestly petty or biased. "But it got him hurt" is only portraying the character as an undeserving victim and putting the onus of the action on other characters who wronged him. It leaves him as a reactive force, rather than an active one who would be more interesting.
>>
>>53601543

The skill reorganizing sounds good, the fact that frontliners aren't getting shafted for skillpoints is good, the fact that Hellknights are still around is kind of cool, I like that crafting isn't going to be an absolute fuckfest anymore, what we've seen of the classes so far is promising, and the soldier Iconic seems like a fun lady to be friends with.

There, positive things.
>>
>>53601666
Well actually that is fan art of porn,
but still. Look up Price For Freedom on tumblr (Yes yes, I know) to see whether or not you lke the actual art. I cannot link for this is a christian board.
>>
File: 31b.png (639KB, 680x1012px) Image search: [Google]
31b.png
639KB, 680x1012px
GUYS HELP I NEED A BATTLEMAP OF A FROZEN RIVER And I NEED IT STAT

IN RETURN I GIVE YOU FIGHTGIRL ART
>>
>>53601666
Oh and fair warning: Includes off bittin peens and lizardmen eating feet.
>>
>>53601690
damn, it really is a squid
can I reapply with a character looking to raise the continent from the dead?
What race would be good thematically for this sort of thing? Qlippoth tiefling?
>>
>>53601733
Go to the trove, Reign of Winter: Snows of Summer maps and take the one that comes with a larger map of a forest.
>>
>>53601615
To expand on this, imagine you have never heard of Optimus Prime or any of the shit that happened to him, and someone brought this profile to you as DM for their game(assume setting etc is all compatible). Wouldn't you have the same reaction at first about "mary sue bullshit"?

Unless you're at Kyoryuger level ("Your flaw is you have no flaws") it all depends on how it's handled in the actual game/story.
>>
>>53600834
This is a fairly difficult app to critique, because it's competent.

Not great. Not transcendent. Not interesting. Competent. Good enough. Fine for those who are into that sort of thing.

The roving show-off-y thief with a heart of gold is a well-worn archetype, for a good reason. There's absolutely mileage to be gotten out of it, but I feel like you don't do enough to make him rise above the stereotype. Even the flaw you added seems like the single most obvious one you could give him, and even then, it doesn't come up in his story. The quirky fun loving dude who's being eaten up inside is a great RP angle (not that I'm biased or anything), however you need to make both aspects bleed into each other and add a bit of tragedy to the character. The trick to that, in my experience, is to give the character something external they care about; something which their flaw and their coping method are actively harmful to. By doing that, the character is forced into introspection, which is a different spin on this kind of character.

But then again, maybe I'm nitpicking. As I said, it's passable as-is.
>>
>>53601739
Come on man. Give it to us.
>>
>>53601733
Should post more fightgirls
>>
>>53601690
DAMMIT!

Who let the princess near the crayons again?
>>
>>53601792
Fuck off.
>>
>>53601798
Fine, have it. http://pff-comic.tumblr.com/post/139914494123 have fun with it. Thankfully the first page has a lack of peen and veen and teet and feet. But if this gets me banned I will do nothing because fuck's sake I am not omnipotent or a 90's hacker
>>
>>53601820
Will you roll for any apps?
>>
>>53601829
After you.

>>53601842
Nope.
>>
>>53601792
I have another separate document saved that goes further in depth with Ichabod's flaws and how it affects people he's close to. However, I was kinda worried that the backstory and the document I do have are too much already.

Well, guess I better go all in for this one. Thanks, dude.
>>
>>53601872
then why are you namefagging disk
>>
>>53601872
No, I insist, you should fuck off first.
>>
File: 6206b6a9fbcfb282b8bce7ff1922b61d.jpg (136KB, 849x1365px) Image search: [Google]
6206b6a9fbcfb282b8bce7ff1922b61d.jpg
136KB, 849x1365px
>>53601733
How is her navel visible through both her cheongsam and her sarashi?
>>
Was Ironfang announced yet?
>>
>>53601914
I think it closes just before midnight tonight.
>>
>>53600821
I haven't changed her for like, 21 hours!

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5091936#post-5091936

aaaaaaa
>>
File: 1495511373138.jpg (241KB, 1086x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1495511373138.jpg
241KB, 1086x1012px
>>53601841
You're a good man
>>
>>53601901
Because people are thirsty for reviews, and Protag is busy.

I've never rolled for reviews before, and I don't intend to start now.

>>53601909
Really friend, it's okay. I don't mind.
>>
>>53601956
Oh no no no no. Please take you and your name faggot shit to the Discord where it belongs.
>>
>>53601791
>>53601697
Okay that's all good points for writing strong characters, but keep in mind we're talking about games here.

RPG characters, ESPECIALLY if they're in a /pfg/ game with the kind of prima donna players you get out of this shitshow of a thread, are by and large going to be static characters. Evil characters are never going to redeem themselves, because the player will keep talking themselves into remaining evil because they like being selfish and having a fig leaf to disguise their desire to continue being so.

Greedy PCs stay greedy and only become obscenely so. Drunkards never sober up. Sex fiends only get more rapacious. This is just the nature of leaving it up to a player to decide how their character develops.

All told, I'd rather have a bland character who can play as part of a team than a character with lots of room to grow who just refuses to actually expand to fill that room.
>>
>>53601976
>>53601956
girls girls girls you're both pretty.
>>
>>53601983
Honestly only a character with an internal problem has room to develop

If an evil character is evil and loves being evil, because they're a fucking nutbag and a half, are they ever going to become not evil? No. Why would they, they're happy.
>>
>>53602021
They can love being evil but they can not love loving being evil.
>>
>>53602039
nigga what

If you love killing people, if you literally GET OFF SEXUALLY ON MURDER, there is no way you're going to redeem yourself. Its just not in the cards, and redeeming yourself would be literally the last thing on your mind.
>>
>>53601888
Don't make it a separate document. Integrate it into his backstory, his letter, his antics, and his philosophy.

This is part of him, it should be reflected (at least in some form) in everything he does.

Also, the suggestion of giving him something external he cares about, would go a long way towards giving the GM a knob to twist when it comes time to fuck with you.
>>
>>53602058
I'm sorry are you a psychiatrist or something? You can still be disgusted with yourself after the act. Plenty of people experience post fap/sex regrets.
>>
>>53602068
>Don't make it a separate document
>made a 12 page separate document
:thinking:
>>
>>53602068
Piss off. Please. I was having a nice goddamn day before you started filling the thread with this pretentious horseshit.
>>
>>53601956
Fine then, review this beautiful app.
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5063708#post-5063708
>>
>>53602097
Too Long/10
>>
What apps do you think are good, without becoming a fiction writing beauty pageant, purple prose app
>>
>>53602021
That's the rub, though, ain't it? You've got all these characters that should have opportunities staring them in the face to have their character develop, to branch out from being a vicious bastard, or an asshole obsessed with MUH LAW, or just a garden-variety mad wizard. It should make sense that they react in some meaningful fashion rather than just charging blindly on, running roughshod over everything the GM tries to do to engage them. Do they take those opportunities? Do they have their character stop and think about what they're doing? Do they even find an interesting way to have their character reject the possibility of redemption and become a good villain?

LOL nope! They just say "No, my character would remain the same because I say so, so fuck all y'all and keep giving me a free pass to screw over the rest of the party." Alignment shift simply doesn't happen unless it's forced. Someone who starts playing an Evil character will constantly convince themselves to stay Evil, no matter the cost.
>>
>>53602108
Can you review DHB's Jericho?
>>
File: There is no need to be upset.jpg (154KB, 780x796px) Image search: [Google]
There is no need to be upset.jpg
154KB, 780x796px
>>53601829
>>53601909
>>53601976
>>53602096
>>
>>53602146
Or do a quick review of his Ironfang character?
>>
>>53602108
How about this meme.
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5076474#post-5076474
>>
>>53602158
oh yeah, iron fang is a thing.
>>
>>53600885
>>53601011
>>53601231
So linear/quadratic and trap feats are actually a timeless issue in DnD/PF and requires DM/Player to work around it (maybe "can be handled by DM/Player cooperation" would be a nicer way to put it).
I suppose it's inevitable that such a balancing issue would rise in a game like this but I'm saddened to hear it was never really handled after all those years.
Sure it can be solved by experienced users but that would inexperienced ones like me following guides and taking away the joy of character customization...
>>
>>53602168
cuck/10
>>
>>53602175
Don't play d20 systems.
>>
>>53602146
What do you want me to say? It's DHB.

He's a good writer, and actually managed to put together two characters who didn't fuck up the tone. Anything else would just be nitpicking, or arguing about personal feeling.
>>
>>53602157
>>53602146
>>53602168
Take your circle jerk fanboy shit to the goddamn Discord, pretty much everyone engaging in the bullshit is on there anyway.
>>
>>53602196
But Ryoko tho.
>>
>>53602171
Yeah, no one really seems to care about it between the MUH PARAGONS and wuxia king fu fightan campaigns recruiting.
>>
>>53601841
>came for the drow
>stayed for the sexy white demon
oh lord those eyes tempt me to sin
>>
File: PLD map 1.png (455KB, 663x478px) Image search: [Google]
PLD map 1.png
455KB, 663x478px
Reposting this because it's cool. COOL!
>>
File: (You) may want to see a doctor.jpg (40KB, 1252x128px) Image search: [Google]
(You) may want to see a doctor.jpg
40KB, 1252x128px
>>53602199
>>
>>53602286
Nah, I'm suffering from a faggorty overdose you assholes are subjecting me to with this bullshit.'

Seriously, is there anything wrong or hard about taking this shit to the goddamn discord and not hogging the thread with it? There's a review channel there and everything.
>>
>>53602329
Go outside.
>>
>>53602218
I actually did a complete revamp of my character idea these last few days for ironfang.

Its honestly okay if not every game promoted on pfg gets super hyped in my opinion, it allows for some nice variety.
>>
>>53602329
I don't feel like going to the discord and watching you get mad triggered is free entertainment. It's sort of a win / win.
>>
>>53600821
Can you do a Golden Chalice app?

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5076316/applications/?pageforid=5106592#post-5106592
>>
>>53602343
Only if you go to the Discord and take the review bullshit with you.
>>
>>53602390
Is the discord a containment thing where all the overdrawn out memes go to die or am I actually missing something
>>
>>53602276
What do the doots and stars mean?
>>
>>53602421
>go to die
Quite the opposite, the Discordians incubate their memes and send them to the general once they've hatched.
>>
>>53602329
I want my app reviewed anonymously.
>>
>>53602133
So which game are you actually talking about? Because it sounds like there's someone you've got a beef with.
>>
>>53601690
>>53602276
Man, how are people making these good looking maps?
>>
>>53602459
caitals and secondary cities

>>53602514
It's the same guy, he's good.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/

Looks like Vult chased out another player. Now he's looking for more volunteers to barely tolerate him in exchange for depraved dickings. Roll up, roll up, it's a masochist's delight!
>>
>>53602564
But his dickings aren't even good
>>
>>53602564
I look forward to the new meme pool.
>>
>>53602564
>Vult only posted this in the backup discord
>Someone posts it in here
:2bornot2b:
>>
>>53602605
>wah my secret club isn't so secret
>>
>>53602605
Don't worry too much over it, I'm sure it's just Vult posting.
>>
>>53602642
>wah I'm a duplicitous cunt who gets his jollies by shitposting about Vult
>>
>>53602642
>Waah there's an asshole who wants to focus on shitposting about PLD but we're not gonna talk about that
>>
>>53601000
The opening line legitimately grabbed me.... and then promptly lost me, when the second lines was redundant. The rest never grabbed me because there's very little meat to it. I think the concept has potential, the idea that heroism isn't in the act, so much as in the telling, is a neat angle that no one else took. But, I came out of this app knowing basically nothing about the character. You honestly devote wayyyy more time talking about the snake than her... you spend as much time talking about her parent's fears, as you do talking about her.

My suggestion would be to figure out *who* this character is, and then write a backstory which reveals that character to us.

Also, can't say I'm a huge fan of stripping away pretty cool racial fluff, presumably, just for the power bump.
>>
>>53602642
>>53602564
Right, fuck off. You want to be a shithead? Go to reddit where you belong, and where people like you deserve to go.
>>
Do you ever hope your app doesn't get chosen because there's so many other good characters, but you don't want to remove it because you do kinda still want to play that character?
>>
>>53602754
what
>>
>>53602754

I got that way with WWW.

My character's idea was very similar to Jenny's. And I really wanted Jenny to get in, so I didn't even finish it.
>>
>>53602771
Like X Y and Z characters that apped to this campaign are great fits, and so are A, B, and C! But there's only 4 slots, and I still sort of want to play D...
>>
>>53602748
>posting a public LFG deserves exile to plebbit
Wow Vult. Next time you want something to be private, consider making it private.
>>
>>53602742
I edited Ichabod based on the advice given.
>>
>>53602742
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5063909#post-5063909

Can you do this one?
>>
>>53601271

Start with the philosophy. Once you've got that nailed down, then everything else should flow.
>>
>>53602754
I always hope my app doesn't get chosen because I hate Pathfinder but I really like making apps and don't want to offend DMs by telling them the truth.
>>
>>53602534
Pretty sure he is a she.
>>
>>53602821
Aeldrannas isn't prepared for review yet, rather than having a poor or undeveloped philosophy he just straight up doesn't represent one. I wouldn't call him weak as much as I think he's an incomplete character in many ways and that the applicant hasn't put in serious effort here.
>>
>>53602877
How about this guy?
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5066446#post-5066446
>>
File: 1492224488399.png (192KB, 487x304px) Image search: [Google]
1492224488399.png
192KB, 487x304px
>>53602903
>>
>>53602354
Yeah, I actually like flying under the radar cause I won't get memed.
>>
>>53602819
>no more Marvelous Chester
R I P
>>
>>53602821
Uh.... I was going to be more tactful than that, but... yeah. This: >>53602877

Also, using Pass for Human as a way to gain Horc's most powerful racial trait, while still being a slender animu fuccboi kinda annoys me.
>>
>>53602966
Review fox-tits in JTTW!
>>
>>53602903

Roll20Rando/10.
>>
>>53603006
Do your worst.
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5083653#post-5083653
>>
>>53602942
Now you have both.
>>
>>53602564
>>53602672
Anyone who doesn't think Vult himself posted this is retarded. He was planning on linking it to the thread from the get-go, and when probably advised not to, decided to do it anyway while pretending there was a leak, because he likes the attention but can't stand disapproval (at least without throwing a bitch-fit).
>>
Okay lads, anyone mind giving me a quick explanation of how to best do firearms with PoW, other than gunsmoke mystic? I know it's good shit but animus scares me.
>>
>>53603028
How did you shrink the images like that?
>>
>>53603053
Gunsmoke mystic. Seriously there's no reason to use anything else. Learn animus and maneuvers. Once you read it over a few times it makes more sense.
>>
>>53603076
Click the image. After you do, you should notice something on the bottom-right corner. Click and hold the left mouse button and drag the image until it's the size you want.
>>
>>53603091
Alright, thanks. Will do.
>>
>>53602903
>BOTH his parents birthed him
>was and is, is and was, all at the same times
>a sorceror apparently doesn't run out of magic

jesus christ that was painful to read
>>
>>53603042
more than possible
>>
>>53602214
>>53601932

No philosophy/10
>>
>>53603021
It's in fucking first person.
And very unfunny. It thinks it is, and this isn't even a tough crowd, but this is just pathetic.
>>
>>53603177
>no philosophy

What.
>>
>>53602754
I had a RotJR app that I liked the idea of, and the DM even suggested a race they thought would work well, but put in zero effort because I already knew I couldn't make the schedule.
>>
>>53602857
And she's just been cranking out art for the cabal. It isn't fair, first they just supported eachother in app picks, now they are actually picking up talented specialists, artists and writers, to give them and their campaigns even greater edge.

SHE ISNT EVEN IN ANY GAMES OF THEIRS HOW DO THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Every day the cabal grows stronger, now's the time to act!
>>
>>53603021

As I told you the last time you asked for advice, the character is lacking an internal conflict. He's got nothing really going on under the hood. Also, the gambling metaphor isn't really as clever as you seem to think it is.

>>53603221
Unless I'm literally blind... it's not there.

>>53603247
Reading now.
>>
>>53601316
Nobody?
>>
>>53603302
Look there's a lot of criticisms that could be made of Ryoko, but her philosophy is made clear in the first paragraph pretty clearly.
>>
>>53603242
I do it because I like to be appreciated and its driven me to improve.
>>
>>53603361
Ignoring the one section the GM explicitly asked for seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>53603361

I'd argue that her outlook is clearly spelled out, but as a letter to royalty, would raise a lot of red flags, maybe even get her jailed or executed. Her character has spelled out to the governing authorities that she has a right to vigilante justice and will continue to kill whomever she decides deserves it, on top of all the murder she's conducted already.
>>
>>53603221
>>53603361
Not Disk but the philosophy being asked for characters isn't a philosophy they live but a philosophy they represent. Ryoko defines her means and motives very well, but I agree with him that whatever she's meant to embody isn't shown well here.
>>
>>53603420
>Ahh crap. I can’t really put all that, killing stuff in the letter, princess’ll think I’m a psycho. Okay. Let’s start over.

literally at the end.
>>
Hmm, considering the issues people have with Ryoko and her activities, maybe I'll have to shelve the Vigilante I was going to make.
>>
>>53603448

I admit I stopped halfway through, thinking the second half was irrelevant as she already admitted to being a murderhobo. The bit at the end was clever, though I wish it was formatted differently. Nitpicky yeah..
>>
>>53603505
>I didn't read it all the way

High level critique from the thread as usual
>>
>>53603529

I did it on purpose though. Consider the premise that there are people reading these letters. When you are reviewing a proposal/resume/whatever, if you hit a big enough red flag, it goes into the trash. The writer cannot recover. As the reader I didn't expect an end-of-post thought-twist since it was formatted in with the letter itself.
>>
>>53603590
How many people are doing post script twists? All I know is Rodrick did it by including a second letter to someone else
>>
>>53600565
>Centaur x Halfling = Ponytaur

I don't know if I should call the police, child protective services, or the SPCA
>>
>>53603590
Consider the premise that the DM isn't an idiot.
>>
>>53603448
>Broodie's app is now a meta-joke about re-writes

damn.
>>
>>53603644
t. broodie
>>
>>53603623

If you were relying on the twist, perhaps having that addendum in the same italics of the letter was a bad idea, hmm?

Also, you're kidding yourself if you think the DM is going to fully read every single app. If you do/say something incredibly dumb (like not even include the section you were told to include). It's not unreasonable for the DM to chuck your app in the trash.

As for the app itself. You've made the Punisher a catgirl. I dunno what else there is to say.
>>
>>53603623

Consider that the GM will have to read through over 40 of these, and many are lengthy. Twists are fine, but I wouldn't recommend hiding them.
>>
What sort of rituals/practices/aprophisms would work well for a worshipper of Feronia.
I'm rolling one up and since there's a lack on info I want my character to get into the faith.
>>
>>53603686
What if you make an app over 5k words long?
>>
>>53603752
Clearly thats art.
>>
>>53603767
>5K
>art
You are like a baby. Watch this.
>>
>>53603752
It's not unreasonable to chuck the app.
>>
So question, is it possible to play a character smaller than Small in size naturally? If not, is it possible to play a Small character who has been Reduced in size to Tiny by level 3?

I'm looking to play a little ol' Paladin for Wrath of the Righteous after my old character died.
>>
>>53603797
Pay for a Permanency'd Reduce Person.
>>
File: 1426823632371.jpg (52KB, 424x542px) Image search: [Google]
1426823632371.jpg
52KB, 424x542px
>>53603752
my app and the attached document is almost 3,100 words long in total and I still feel like I haven't covered everything yet.
>>
>>53603810
Is that something I could afford by level 3-4?
>>
>>53603797
Kitsune with the ART for Fox Form at level 1
>>
>>53603829
Maybe?

Go see how much it costs.
>>
>>53603817

As a GM this would sort of turn me away. Not the length itself.. I enjoy reading pretty much anything, but the loss of potential character growth. 3100 words sets a lot of things into stone, and does so upfront, instead of being revealed in layers as the campaign progresses.
>>
>>53603838

>Tiny little fox of JUSTICE
>Mythic tiers on top of everything

Funny as that sounds, I'm not sure how well that would fly with most groups.
>>
>>53603847
Sweeeet, Reduce costs 2500 and being a level 3 gets me 3K to work with, and with me being a Paladin I'm practically self-sufficient even without a bunch of items, all I'd need would be some armor and a weapon, which 500 GP is more than enough to cover.
>>
>>53603617
The answer to your dilemma, is:

Yes.
>>
How exactly are unchained rogues supposed to contribute in combat when an enemy has a special sense and is unflankable, or just outright immune to SA?
All I can figure is UMD, but that's a class X fallacy.
>>
>>53603797
Dragons 1 has a Tiny PC.
>>
>>53603928
Don't forget the cost of the potion and the spellcasting service in the first place. A potion of reduce person is 50 gp, and hiring a caster to cast permanency requires a CL of 9, for a 5th-level spell, which by the formula of CL*level*10 for services is... 450 gp. So permanent reduce person costs exactly 5,000 gp. Take rich parents or go unarmed.
>>
>>53603953
Deal damage normally like any functional class can :^)
>>
>>53603953
2-handed power attacking.
>>
>>53603953
Stab things with your dex to damage?

Also, only a very slim number of things are immune to sneak.

You could also try Feinting.
>>
>>53603953
Dex to damage can have you deal respectable damage
>>
>>53604009
Hiring a caster to cast a permanencied spell is already calculated into the charts on the Permanency spell's page, my guy.
>>
>>53603953
The answer is "be a half elf with an Elven Curved Blade/Estoc and Power Attack". It's not too unreasonable to squeeze in that 13 Str, since Cha is worthless to you and you don't NEED Int that badle.
>>
>>53604088
>not the elven branched spear
>hating AoOs

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>53603912
I mean, it's what you want, and it's possible in 1pp, so I'm not sure what more you want from it. "being a permanently tiny creature early levels" is already something that "wouldn't fly" in most groups.
>>
>>53604082
"This spell makes the duration of certain other spells permanent. You first cast the desired spell and then follow it with the permanency spell.

Depending on the spell, you must be of a minimum caster level and must expend a specific gp value of diamond dust as a material component."

I don't see where it says that, especially since plenty of the spells in Permanency are self-only, so the cost for hiring someone literally couldn't be calculated into them.
>>
>>53604110
It depends on the person, fag.
>>
>>53604137
>playing a positioning-heavy class anyway
>limiting yourself to your pathetic 3/4 BAB of attacks each round
>not getting BAB plus your Dex modifier attacks per round
>not applying Dex to hit and damage too
Hmmmmmmmmmm, no, branched spear is objectively the best option for everyone, 1 attack/round <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 5 attacks/round. Please depart and besmirch the thread no more, STR peasant.
>>
>>53604116
That isn't me, personally I think it sounds hilarious and will consider bringing it up with my GM.

>>53604135
We just go with the cost on the chart for that kind of thing in my group, then, as if I remember correctly that's what we've gone with in other groups.
>>
>>53604135
You can cast permanancy on a spell you didn't cast yourself.
But yes, the chart does not include cost of NPC time and spellslot, just cost of material component.
>>
>>53604174
>You can cast permanancy on a spell you didn't cast yourself.
Yeah, that's fair, but the character in question is a 3rd-level paladin. He's going to need to hire a NPC.
>>
I hope SotJR is having fun tonight!
>>
>>53603797
Question: why do you want to play a Tiny person?

There has to be a reason or inspiration for it.
>>
>>53603953
You smash their faces in with 1.5x dex-to-damage power attack.
>>
>there are people in this thread who haven't pm'd their roll20 crush.
>>
>>53604239
I'm PMing the FUCK out of my crush right now!
>>
>>53604239
I did a while back. We are currently in the throes of ERP.
>>
>>53604251
WHO IS YOUR CRUSH?
>>
File: 8725834.jpg (24KB, 189x263px) Image search: [Google]
8725834.jpg
24KB, 189x263px
>>53604239
>Forming crushes over roll20 applications
>>
>>53604295
It's not me!
>>
>>53604088
Oh shit, I didn't realize you could wield estocs two-handed. I thought they fell under the same ruling rapiers did.
>>
>>53604295
Who do you think?
>>
>>53604345
Another sad, pathetic virgin who finds fleeting emotional fulfillment in unrealistic fantasies involving togetherness and escapism?
>>
>>53604345
Is it me?
>>
>>53604386
(you) bet!
>>
File: everytime someone mentions ERP.jpg (42KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
everytime someone mentions ERP.jpg
42KB, 600x422px
>this thread, right now
>>
>>53604397
hey as long as they're enjoying it
>>
File: Adventurer's Armory 114-115.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
Adventurer's Armory 114-115.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>53604307
They function the same way Bastard Swords do, so they can be two-handed. Thank fuck. You might be thinking of the new Elven 1-H sword, which is LITERALLY JUST A RAPIER WITH SLASHING DAMAGE and I guess +2 to crit confirms
>>
>>53604397
These days I worry that the catboys and fujos version is more true.
>>
>>53604170
>Everyone will provoke all of your AoOs every single round

You got brain problems, boy?
>>
>>53604414
>Elven Leafblade
>Leaf-shaped blade
>Suitable for agility

REEEE REEEE THE LEAF-SHAPED BLADE WAS FOR CHOPPING ACTIONS NOT SLENDER TWINK SWORDPLAY REEE REEEEE
>>
>>53604414
So, the elven thornblade is superior to the rapier?
>>
>>53604507
If you're an elf.
>>
>>53604397
>ERP with another male
>it's awesome
>finely detailed in enticing parts but without getting too long that it becomes unbearable

>ERP with a female
>it's shit
>she has no idea how to structure a proper flow of events, has no sense of nuance, and pads her paragraphs out with dialog ripped wholesale from hentai manga
>>
>>53604239
But what if I already live with my Roll20 crush.
>>
>>53604239
I have, and I do.
But who would YOU like to get PM'd by, anon?
>>
>>53604507
it is just a slightly better rapier, yes, but it's not at all worth spending a feat on an exotic proficiency.
>>
File: femanons.jpg (119KB, 607x428px) Image search: [Google]
femanons.jpg
119KB, 607x428px
>>53604420
This one?
>>
>>53604597
Sounds more like a problem with the individual woman than a problem in general.

Remember, anybody can shoot a gun. Actually hitting the target takes experience and knowledge.
>>
>>53604744
Hmm, wait. Does the Swordtrained racial trait for Tengu give them EWP for all exotic swords?
>>
>>53604813
Yep.

Proficiency in all swords. Doesn't matter what kind.

Doesn't matter if it's a dueling sword or a lightsaber, the birds know.
>>
>>53604813
Yep.
>>
>>53604831
>>53604834
It's hilarious how the tengu can probably use elf swords better than the knife-ears can.
>>
>>53604831
... making a Kenku Solarian "jedi" once Starfinder comes out.
>>
>>53601158
You're a mid-caster, so you have options, but you mostly want to be casting outside of combat, unless you're buffing. You don't really have much incentive to specialize, since you don't get full-CL with anything. So I'd go with some combination of Alteration, Enhancement, War (mandate your companion!), and maybe a bit of Time and Warp.
>>
>>53604776
That's the one. Feels like half of the general is women these days, I'm waiting for the first big /y/ pairing to pop up.
>>
>>53604791
I should have clarified this was a general assessment of my experience with multiple people
>>
>>53604862
Is there really anything the knife-ears are good at?
I can't find anything they do that another +dex and/or +int race doesn't do better just by virtue of not having a -2 to the "not die" stat.
>>
>>53604889
What if I told you...

There's already a /y/ pairing.
>>
>>53604918
Archery?
>>
>>53604918
Cock
Sleeves
>>
>>53604918
Int-based casters arguably, especially if you take the Illustrious Urbanite alternate racial trait.
>>
>>53604956
They make VERY good Occultists, especially if you go w/ Mage's Accotrements
>>
>>53604956
What are they doing better than, say, a tiefling?
>>
Fresh Bread for you all

>>53605120
>>
So is kitsuneposter actually dead?
>>
>>53605137
We really need to stop posting threads on page 7.
>>
>>53605247
Why
>>
>>53604918
Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.

Oooooooooooooooops, there goes that power fantasy of yours.
>>
>>53605357
The fuck sort of archery are you doing without MWP?
>>
File: Kawase is Typing.png (25KB, 468x44px) Image search: [Google]
Kawase is Typing.png
25KB, 468x44px
>>
>>53605382
The Kawase generation is the absolute worst. So glad I got in a /pfg/ game before these losers started showing up.
>>
Why do tower shields suck so much?
>>
>>53605552
Because shields in general suck, then you throw a to-hit penalty on top of the worst ACP in the game.

They're actually surprisingly viable on martial initiators if you have three hands, though. All the single-attack and full-attack-at-full-bonus strikes are going to already have damn good hitrates, so the -1 to-hit can easily be worth a +2 AC.
That said, having three hands is one fuck of an if.
>>
File: Stupendous Strength.jpg (472KB, 618x651px) Image search: [Google]
Stupendous Strength.jpg
472KB, 618x651px
>>53605716
The Stupendous Strength feat can also be an extreme boon to anybody that actually wants to use a tower shield, since that eliminates a significant portion of the problem, and if the ACP becomes a serious issue you can just drop the shield and pick it up later.
>>
>>53605990
>spending a feat to be able to not get 1.5x str to damage
I mean, if you're intent on paying feats to be worse, I guess that's a way to do it.
>>
>>53600323
>dm the first session of a pathfinder game where centaurs are used as slaves.
>see the thread theme.

Huh, what are the odds?
>>
Would Path of War work better in Starfinder with its removal of iterative attacks?
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.