[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1536: War Crimes Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 530
Thread images: 42

File: Jumpchain Header.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain Header.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>53589966
>>
>Doing crimes
Night in the Woods Depression Jump when?
>>
>>53598730
Is turning an enemy into a small, harmless animal and wiping their memories a war crime?
>>
>>53598835
human rights violation, but not a war crime.
>>
>>53598835
I think that's more a violation of their human rights rather than a war crime.
>>
>>53598868
This is true. It's only a war crime if there are international treaties and regulations against it, and no one has ever thought to make a treaty on the use of transfiguration in war.
>>
>>53598730
>War Crimes Edition
It should never be considered a crime to annihilate your foes.
>>
>>53598868
>>53598884
So only do that to people who deserve worse?
>>
>>53598922
>And then his foes annihilated him
Have fun
>>
>>53598835
It's murder with an unconventional weapon.
>>
>>53599008
>not being prepared for everything
>not setting your entire population and military in a parallel world and attacking with virtually no risk of retaliation through one-sided portals
>not teleporting antimatter bombs into their population centers
It's like you don't even want your people to prosper.
>>
WHICH THREAD DO I GO TO?
>>
>>53599071
Just wait for the threads to commit war crimes against one another, leaving no survivors. Then a new thread will arise from the ashes of the uncivil war.
>>
What the fuck is up with the roll table for Wyrd powers in LoT DLC 5? How are you even supposed to roll on that thing, exactly? Why does it start at 11? Why not just let people choose?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d816)

Threadly jump roll.
>>
>>
>>53599380
It's Advanced Wars.
>>
>>53599416
I loved that game when I was younger, I lost in it many times. Infantry for the win.
>>
Which is better for bullshit magic nonsense: Overlord (Series) or Forgotten Realms?

Reading through them makes the magic sound similar, but FR looks easier? I'm not very familiar with either setting.
>>
>>53599546
Hero BBS is better than both.
>>
>>53599071
This thread was posted nearly a minute earlier. Anyone who says it's not the real thread is just a shitposter.
>>
>>53599625
But what if they are both fake? It was all a lie, just like the cake.
>>
>>53599622
I've already got Hero BBS magic. I went with meldaic magery off of
>>
>>53599546
It is basicly impossible for someone who doesn't start out at lvl 100 in Overlord to reach that point but it is realistic for any PC (jumper) to reach epic level in a D&D jump with effort and adventure.

Also while Overlord has epic level stuff it pretty much tops out there while D&D just keeps going until the DM fiats you out of the campaign for being too overpowered.
>>
>>53599546
Basically this >>53599669

With the caveat that Overlord (Series) is much easier to cast, due to working on a manapool system instead of having spellslots.
>>
Have you committed war crimes, /jc/?

yes. too many
>>
>>53599669
There is a thought, you think we would get too strong and the DM of the D&D world would kick us out and make us lose the chain?
>>
>>53599693
You can just use Conjoined Conjures/I Cheat/Overcharge Perks to fix that problem though.
>>
>>53598730
It look like this thread was posted first by 1 min 10 sec, so lets use this one.
>>
>>53599703
Does going after the main villain after the protagonist has already beaten him just to make sure he doesn't come back count?
>>
>>53599708
No, unless you consider your benefactor to be an asshole you don't have to worry about that. Also one of the common ways for that to happen is to have divinity forced upon the OP character which could be a good thing as long as it isn't in FR where divinity ends your chain.
>>
>>53599746
You could get away with that though as long as you achieve Divine Rank in somewhere like Ravenloft though.
>>
>>53599708
There is no DM unless you wank one in which case it is probably your benefactor, would your benefactor do that?
>>
>>53599546
Overlord is limited to what might reasonably have been put into an MMO, while DnD allows you to do shit that can only be handled by a DM. Overlord is more powerful, but DnD is more versatile.
>>
So, what Jumps are you guys ready for right now? Any good properties being worked on? What about more obscure properties?
>>
>>53599767
Actually, you could do it in FR as long as you don't go above Divinity zero until after you leave. Remember that gods only need worship in FR because Ao says so and there is no Ao to say so after you leave FR.
>>
>>53599799
Pathfinder when?
>>
>>53599799
Solars is supposedly coming soon. I'm hyped to start a Solar chain when it does.
>>
>>53599771
Man, whenever the fact that Overlord's magic system came straight from an MMO, it makes me wonder what the hell gaming looked like in that universe that it was somehow reasonable to make Yggdrasil the way it was.
>>
>>53599799
I can't wait for Ebberon, mostly because it is relatively sparse in the high level magic department and I don't feel very good about going to a more liberal with the magic D&D setting at this point in my chain.
>>
>>53599838
I'm already foaming at the mouth with anger at the thought.
>>
>>53599799
I'm waiting on SB jumps
>>
Jump # 132 Greek Myth
Background: Hero
Perks:
*From Zero to Hero (0)
*Strength of Heracles (300, Discount)
*Demigod - Apollo (500)
*True Labor (100, Discount)
*Quest of the Gods (200, Discount)
Equipment
Companions
*Jumper’s Argonauts X 4 (400)
Drawbacks:
*Fucking Heracles (+ 200)
*Ten Labors (+ 300)

The path of a hero is an arduous one and often one without glory. Each time I take a jump I wonder if there is some underlying meaning to it, some lesson that I should learn. Well if there was one here it was not to get to full of myself.

So sometimes we make things harder for ourselves, other times people make them harder for us. That latter part pretty much sums up the jump.

So Doom-chan believes in no power greater than herself. So she often went stomping on the toes of the Greek gods with her titanium plated boots. Well the gods, never known as the forgiving sort would try and curse her only for it to fail. So they would curse one of us or remember I owed them 10 favors and give me something completely ridiculous.

To be fair I think some of the gods began to actually pitty me with Dooms little war vs the Gods. I was always polite and respectful to them and any time they would do something to us Doom would get pissed off in a vicious cycle.

(to be continued)
>>
>>53599841
It was a VR MMO and probably more like a fantasy life sim than an MMO; they didn't care about balance they just invented a cool world, a way for players to get the cool stuff, and let them run with it.
>>
>>53599901
To make matters even worse anything I did, Heracles would outdo and often do something that completely negated the effort I had done. If I tried to help people, he would do something that would completely wipe out my efforts and help them a lot more.

Anyways my Labors were insane… my last one they asked me to steal Mjolnir from Thor of Norse Mythology.

This one involved time travel. I went to Thor and explained my plight and brought him back with me. Needless to say he wasn’t happy with the Greek gods and expressed it like you would expect a Viking God to.

The Greek gods were forced to acknowledge I had kept up my end of the bargain even as they ran for their lives. Heracles wound up fighting Thor off and earning his respect with them becoming drinking buddies and securing a friendship between the Norse and Greek pantheons.
>>
>>53599898
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kidding, are they making anything interesting at the moment?
>>
>>53599898
Which ones?
>>
File: Anti magic dragon.gif (124KB, 743x933px) Image search: [Google]
Anti magic dragon.gif
124KB, 743x933px
>>53599546
Overlord can get much more conceptual and easier to cast and spam. Forgotten Realms (D&D) is better for long-term projects and has no cap limit on what you can do given sufficient resources. Also, prep-time usually works better for D&D.

>>53599622
Hero BBS is not a magic of system. What you get by going in there is a collection of systems + your starting one.

Being a Hero BBS mage is basically get the I Cheat (Justice League Dark) perk for free.

>>53599771
>Overlord is limited to what might reasonably have been put into an MMO
Uh, considerng that is a MMO that involved area spells for battles having thousands of players and insta-kill necromancy and mass paralysis for that same battles that could it end it in an instant, that statement is a bit off.

>Overlord is more powerful, but DnD is more versatile.
I think the example epic tier spells are similar, but Overlord's is more spammeable without prep-time. Then again, to develop your own magic in Overlord you either need to be a local or use out-jump stuff, while everyone in D&D can do it. With no limit on what spells you can create, while Overlord's seems to cap at some point.

Also, Overlord's does not lack versatility. Momonga, in his 'limited' 700 spells could create epic tier equipment from nothing, food, create entire castles, change the terrain, summon entire armies, having speed boosts, translating stuff, divination of all kinds, anti-divination, mind control, memory alteration, mind reading, etc.

>>53599841
According to the novels, the worlds were MASSIVE. Like, at minimum they should be each small to medium country sized, to the point that a group of 40 players and their mercenaries could walk through a 'small' zone of it for an hour or two without crossing paths with no body. And there was 9 of such worlds.

And also big enough for having lots of massive dungeons that would still not be discovered for years.
>>
>>53599693
It's really not that much of a problem if you're even slightly intelligent about your spell selection.
Even if you're not there's tons of ways around that, starting with simply playing a spontaneous caster or a psion (which work of spell points/essentially mana).
>>
>>53599918
...Why would Thor even exist there?
>>
tell me of sailor moon waifus
>>
>>53599943
From what I've been following they're getting a new Touhou jump.
>>
>>53599799
Looking forward to Vampire Counts, Tyranids, Fables, and Generic Kaiju. The fact that someone actually picked up my suggestion for a Generic Kaiju jump makes me really happy.
>>
>>53599997
There are none. They are all terrible people or sluts.
>>
>>53599943
Well, dirge jumps are pretty much all SB-exclusove unless someone begs him to post them here. But your mileage may vary on those [ especially if you're a shitposter.
>>
>>53599799
Looking forward to WoW. Thank you OAA.
>>
File: Antaeus.jpg (63KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Antaeus.jpg
63KB, 1440x1080px
>>53599799
well I need to start back on Antaeus but this anon is lazy.
>>
>>53599960
>>53599943
Not the same anon, but I think there was a Horus Heresy in the work. A shame that it was by SJ-Chan, since it won't be posted here.
>>53599799
Someone mentioned something about an American Gods jump... I would love that.
>>
>>53599962
But it still can't have spells that tell the future, or control someone's dreams, or force them to only speak the truth. They're both versatile and strong, but DnD will have effects that Overlord just can't replicate, while Overlord is on a generally higher power level for combat.
>>
>>53599838
>Solars is supposedly coming soon.
I did not know anyone was working on that one. Which jumpmaker is it?
>>
>>53600113
Wukong, the guy who made Dragon-Blooded.
>>
>>53600113
Wukong.
>>
>>53600042
I don't think we'd ever need anyone to beg SB for jumps, that's pretty sad. It'd also be pretty stupid to call him back now that there is an anon replacing his jumps. Just let SB keep their jumpmaker and we can keep ours.
>>
>>53600109
Technically Overlord magic can replicate any effect that you've seen, as long as you get Dark Wisdom.

Not to mention that locals also get magic - which wouldn't be limited to MMO logic - and you can be a local with Level 100 power.
So all those effects can it fact appear (and the Rogue class skill strongly implies that they do exist).

Really, the jump document outright states that it's basically D&D magic with the serial numbers filed off and switched to a mana-based system.
>>
>>53600109
> spells that tell the future
There was a whole school dedicated to divination. We don't really know how some of the spells in the game would translate for a level 100 specialized into that. Nigredo was dedicated to purely scrying, and she seemed to have an unlimited range while doing that.

>or control someone's dreams
Probably. Although seeing that Mind-flyers are a thing and there are other Lovecraftian references, I wouldn't be surprised if you can get some Night-Gaunt stuff that does that.

>or force them to only speak the truth
Mind control is a thing, as I said. There is memory editing and a low-tier charm person spell, and mind-control defense items are a thing for New Worlders.

What we know of the true extent of Overlord's magic is very limited, since Momonga is the only high-level caster that has his abilities showcased, and he seems to know every spell that the rest of the New World has. Also, you need to remember that the novel is written by a guy after his D&D group was disbanded and is heavily inspired by it (to the point that most spells are direct references and the other are inspired too in some way or another), with the added 'game' element of a mana bar.
>>
File: C4JbYm0VUAAsRTy.jpg (59KB, 700x432px) Image search: [Google]
C4JbYm0VUAAsRTy.jpg
59KB, 700x432px
>>53599799
Annette is making that Ar noSurge jump. I want to gently step on a sadistic Ion.
>>
>>53600104
>Horus Heresy jump
Holy shit, that would be awesome.
>>
>>53600237
>+0 drawback to go to alternate-Heresy settings
>Dornian, Imperial, Hektor
>>
>>53600109
>But it still can't have spells that tell the future
This would be possible for. Since the Devs implement the storylines, they could make spells that tell you what they the plan to come is.
>>
>>53600237
There's nothing stopping an anon here from making his own Horus Heresy jump.
>>
>>53600192
>Technically Overlord magic can replicate any effect that you've seen, as long as you get Dark Wisdom.
Just to clarify, that Dark Wisdom in the document is not what the canon Momonga had. It was not a cap-breaker 'per se'.

You needed to do a 'sacrifice' to get more spell slots, and you filled them by killing other spell-casters and taking their spells.

The thing that the jump offers has literally nothing to do with that.

Bringing what is offered in the jump as something 'canon' is not going to be very productive.

>>53600237
>>53600250
A man can dream, anon. A man can dream...
>>
>Going into Uploads to look at the Jack Chick Jump.
>Sees Generic Cartoon Toon World Jump.
>Reads.
>Never saw it before on thread.

Who's is this? Or did I just miss an announcement a while back and am blind?
>>
>>53600278
What if an anon decided to claim a SB-only jump, slapped a 'by anon' there and started twerking with it?

I know it would be dickish to the original author,
but the confrontations between the communities are childish enough that I wouldn't care that much.
>>
>>53600278
There's also nothing stopping me from using SB's replacement jumps and flaunting it in your face.
>>
>>53600109
Not only combat.

There are really good utility spells. including memory manipulation and time stopping

Basically, choosing player+Level 100 Gives you Free reign to make a bullshit build as long asit is reasonable and "somewhat" balanced. Realm of heroes goes balls to the wall barely-nerfed exploit.
>>
>>53600288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>53600308
Yeah, it was posted a few threads ago. I didn't pay attention to the reception it got, and I've barely looked at it myself.
>>
>>53599989
Well there was nothing that said that other mythologies couldn't exist and I needed something different for one of my 10 labors.
>>
>>53600278
Well, someone should claim it before some crossposter like BLADE decides to stand up for "SB racism" by encouraging people who aren't even part of this community to post their jumps here.
>>
>>53600308
It's been posted a couple of times. Can't remember if the jump maker said it was ready to upload yet.
>>
File: Bobby-Guess who.jpg (153KB, 728x585px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby-Guess who.jpg
153KB, 728x585px
>>53599799

The Jumps I'm waiting for are the Tau,Tyranid, Imperial Guard, Space Marine, Black Crusade, and Princess gauntlet
>>
>>53600308
It was posted a couple threads ago, I'm pretty certain.
>>
>>53600308
It was posted you fucking idiot. If you're going to shitpost, at least try to pretend like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>53600327
>>53600332
>>53600339
Well guess I'm blind then. Nevermind.

>>53600342
I wasn't trying to shitpost, but I understand.
>>
File: perty.jpg (525KB, 622x1500px) Image search: [Google]
perty.jpg
525KB, 622x1500px
>>53600308
It was posted a few thread backs. I don't know if the concerns about some perks were answered. But it also was posted here and given an '5/10 it's ok' like 50-100 threads ago, but for some reason the author disappeared and didn't uploaded it to the thread.

>>53600325
Sadly I have only read the first three novels. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>53600328
Except it's the world as the greeks thought it was, and norse mythology also being there makes no sense. But sure, I guess.
>>
>>53600308
It's been posted off and on a few times over the past few days. The jumpmaker hasn't said it's ready to put up, though, and a bunch of anons had issues with balancing, so it's technically still WIP.

Someone is uploading whatever pdf gets posted to the thread regardless of status and it's kind of annoying.
>>
>>53600312
I don't think anyone would really care. People would still use it if they liked it. Wasn't there a guy who wanted to do Uzumaki as a jump like ten threads back or something? Now that SB has their Uzumaki jump he could make one for here.

>>53600317
Ok?
>>
>>53599799
Cain, Only War, Black Crusade, Death Watch, Imperial Guard, and Space Marines.
Also Orks and SWTOR but those are distant dreams.
>>
>>53600403
The point is, fuck you.
>>
>>53599799
Maybe? I think. I guess we will know in a week or two.
>>
File: Horse Heresy.png (170KB, 1194x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Horse Heresy.png
170KB, 1194x1520px
>>53600250
>Forgetting the Horse Heresy
>>
>>53600288
Since the question that started this was from a jumper perspective (which is better for bullshit) that's what i'm focusing on.

It doesn't really matter what's "canon" when we're talking about what powers a jumper gets, where the jump doc clearly has precedence.
>>
>>53600382
Well I was just trying to make the story interesting I hope I at least did that. I probably did bend the parameters of the jump a bit but hopefully it made it more interesting.
>>
>>53599731
Or dark wisdom from overlord.
>>
What jumps take a special interest in constellations?
>>
>>53600425
Are your sensibilities offended just because you can't stand the thought of /jc/ making its own jumps and leaving SB to its own business? SJ-Chan and Dirge aren't going to post their jumps here, and SB is pretty satisfied with how things have worked out.
>>
>>53600458
Paper Mario and Exalted: Sidereals?
>>
>>53599915
Dont forget it was massively funded via cash shop. If it is a bit unfair you could push your stats up with cash items that are basically cheats.
>>
>>53600458
Sburb, arguably.
>>
>>53600278
Nah, I'll just use SJ's.
>>
>>53600470
SB jumps are SB's just like our jumps are ours. You aren't allowed to make a jump to replace one of theirs just like we don't allow replacements to our own jumps or respect the use of their replacements to our jumps. Segregation of SB means total segregation.
>>
>>53600458
Um, fairy tail sorta, and i think ff12? Megaman starforce had constellations up the wazoo, but we don't have a jump for that.
>>
>>53600507
So why is there a problem? We don't have a Horus Heresy jump, and no one is asking for our jumpmakers to go make a jump for their drive. No one even mentioned replacement here until you brought it up.
>>
>>53599799
Spore, Exalted: Alchemicals, Generic Kaiju, and Black Crusade.

I'm sure there's a few more, but those are the ones that come to mind immediately?
>>
Can someone post DxD for me?
>>
>>53600432
The fuck even is this setting?
>>
>>53600470
You do know you can just pop over to the SB drive and use their jumps, right?
Most people don't actually give a shit about this silly rivalry, they just like good jumps.

There's really no reason to make duplicate jumps unless theirs is really shitty, and i haven't seen any significant difference in overall quality between the two communities.
>>
>>53600458
I think fairy tail has its summoning be constellation based? Buy a silver key, copy it with ooj shenanigans and summon all the constellation fighters.
>>
>>53600458
King Arthur has one perk option that lets you choose from a variety of abilities based on different constellations.
>>
>>53600521
>Megaman starforce

Since Battle Network takes place in the same continuity as Starforce. Is taking the OopArts a good idea?

Also what happened to the Navis?
>>
>>53600562
I dunno, never played battle network, and I played Dragon at least a decade ago.

Mind you, Leo is still sitting on my shelf for when I'm never going to make a jump of it.
>>
>>53600546
If I don't want to bother going over there and using their jumps I don't think I should be forced to. If an anon makes the jump here at least they get feedback from here and I'm more likely to actually like the end product.
>>
>>53600033
Whatever do you mean? They are all wonderful people to consider as waifus, from the heroines to the side characters to the villains of the week.
>>
>>53600237
I could save daddy! Uhh I mean the EMPEROR! Who I love and adore and am not wanting to be a son of.
>>
>>53600586
I agree with you mostly, but to be clear, no one is suggesting forcing you or anyone to go over to SB. I don't know where you got the idea.
>>
File: Sanguinius_Eternity_Gate.jpg (165KB, 823x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Sanguinius_Eternity_Gate.jpg
165KB, 823x1162px
>>53600623
Is this you?
>>
>>53600663
If the jump is only going to be hosted over on SB and the jumpmaker is only over there, then realistically when I need to ask questions I'm going to have to go over there. There are anons arguing against someone here making a Horus Heresy jump because SB has already made a claim for their own drive. I'm kind of puzzled why people get angry at the thought of /jc/ making jumps for our own drive. Wasn't that exactly what people told SB to do?
>>
>>53600586
Nobody is forcing you to do anything.
I just think that the idea you're spouting that "it's from SB so it MUST be bad and we shouldn't use it and make our own" is ridiculous.

If there's already a well made jump of a setting existing i'd rather see people make jumps for settings that don't already have one instead of making a second one just because the first happens to be on the drive of the "other" community.
>>
>>53598821
I'm actually working on Night At The Woods. It's just not as big of a priority as my Fire Emblem jumps.
>>
>>53600000
Sick quints.
>>
>>53600699
Did harvey birdman here do something impressive?
>>
>>53600777
>Harvey Birdman
THAT'S HERESY, ANON!
>>
>>53600736
>I just think that the idea you're spouting that "it's from SB so it MUST be bad and we shouldn't use it and make our own" is ridiculous.
No one has said that except you. The only thing that was even mentioned was to make a jump for here because SJ-Chan isn't going to come back.

>i'd rather see people make jumps for settings that don't already have one instead of making a second one
But that's not where the interest is. If the only thing that anon wants is Horus Heresy, telling him to go make Generic Walt Disney won't amount to anything.
>>
>>53600728
> I'm kind of puzzled
We as a thread have always been really against people making jumps for jumps that already exist. I would assume those anons frequent SB and think the two communities are one. They are not, and they have never been.
That or they're actually just trying to start arguments.

So no, there's no reason someone couldn't make a Horus Heresy jump for our drive, since one is not present anywhere except SB.
>>
>>53600791
Nah, Birdman attorney at law is a cool guy.
>>
So, I got around making my Servant build in Fate/

The plan is going full Blacksmith!Gilgamesh

Class: Caster (275)
Template: Living for mana regen (475)
Str E
End E
Agi C
Man A->EX (650)
Luk B

Class Skill
Item Construction (Weapons): C->A+(700)
Territory Creation: E->B (775)

Collector E (825)

Knigth of Honor/Owner E(750) -> EX (1400)

So! it basically means I will try to get some industry in as soon as possible.

Minecraft lets me Stripmine book worlds and mass produce comentional weapons, firearms after some tweaks, meaning in one week I will be drowning in swords and guns. Along with some special Item-Construction cannons and such.

With Collector I get a an epmty pseudo Gate of Babylon (which presumaly gets stronger the more/better stuff I put in there). So I take that lake of edge and dakka and shove it my subspace.

Finally, Knight of Honor/Owner turns common stuff into Noble Phantasms. Ranking it up to EX should let me apply Rank B (maybe even A) or higher to stuff I shot our of the my Collector Space.

>"Hn. Disappear, mongrel: Gate. Of. Babylon"
>Swords, hammers, spears appear from portals
>Grin "Window of Dakka"
>Portals ripple, from them, modern weapons appear: Firearms, naval cannons, miniguns, missles, snipers, even some Sci-Fi weaponry. All glowing with Noble Phantasmal-y bling energy.
>"Dont bring knives to a gunfight, Gil."
>GLORIOUS CHAOS ENSUES
>>
File: BAD HORSE.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
BAD HORSE.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
>>53600434
>The Legend of Bad Horse
>>
>>53600822
>That or they're actually just trying to start arguments.
It's just another shitposting tactic now that the older ones aren't as effective. Everyone knows that there are alternative jumps out there that are different from the one on our drive. All this just leads to people arguing over which jump is valid all over again.
>>
>>53600936
We need a jump for that
>>
>>53600728
>>53600822
That logic is garbage because it's the same regardless of whether it's on our drive or not, replacement jumps are not allowed. Whether or not you're willing to use SB's jumps, you are not allowed to make replacements for them on our drive, for the same reason you aren't allowed to acknowledge any jump they make to replace on of ours.

Just because SB does something automatically means it's not allowed here. Think about it, SB doesn't care about making duplicate jumps or replacing ours with their own, but we don't do that. Turning around and making replacement jumps for their is the same thing, it's not allowed because we don't tolerate replacements, if you want to replace an SB jump, do it on SB.
>>
If we rounded up a couple hundred thousand psykers and had them commit suicide to merge into one soul could we make emperor 2.0?
>>
>>53601057
They'd all get instantly eaten by the warp. You'd have to teleport them into a different galaxy first, one where the warp isn't corrupted.
>>
>>53600897
Preeetty sure Collector doesn't give you a Gate of Babylon-equivalent. Like, at all.

Also, I doubt Item Creation would let you create a ton of Noble Phantasms in a week. Frankly, I doubt you'd be able to finish /one/ in a week.

And then Knight of Honor/Owner requires you to hold the weapon to turn it into a Noble Phantasm.
>>
>>53601081
Isnt that the same as when the shamans did it though?
>>
>>53601107
No, the first three chaos gods where born during the middle ages, thousands of years before the emperor was created.
>>
Anyone know of any ways to make you immune to accidentally inheritance magic? It seems like a useful magic system but the possibility of being stuck in a spell that cannot be completed seems pretty serious. Alternatively just a way to survive it would be enough.
>>
>>53601150
No, because any way to make it safe is disallowed by fiat.
>>
With Energy Beams in Samurai Jack could I fire them from my eyes and hands or do I have to pick one when I buy the perk?
>>
I wanna be a Shard so bad.
>>
>>53601175
Why are you lying? Oh yeah, because you're a shitposter.
>>
>>53601188
Yes.
One of those is definitely true!
>>
>>53601041
That's not how it works here, Timmy. If it's not on our drive, it's not a valid jump and thus allowed to be "replaced". Kind of hard to replace a jump that doesn't exist.
>>
File: giphy-41.gif (4MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-41.gif
4MB, 600x338px
>>53601041
> Replacements aren't allowed
> Not even if the jump isn't part of or even meant for our community
> Therefore, if SB makes a jump for their drive, you can't replace it ever
> Because we don't replace things
> Not like SB
> They replace things all the time
> So if you want to replace a jump that's on SB, go replace it on SB's drive
Damn, dude, I'm kindof impressed by the mental backflips you had to do to get to that outcome. Bra-fucking-vo.
>>
>>53601150
if you are the one casting it safety first from cardcaptor sakura.
>>
>>53601266
Would that work for negating lethal energy costs?
>>
>>53601220
Soon anon. Worm promised us last thread that we'd see a partial update soon.
>>
Jump #351: Wuxia
Ah, the Generic that preceded Generics.
>The Tower, reversed: A new lifestyle and enlightenment.
>Age: 21
>Location: Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain
Joy, I'm right in the middle of the Tang dynasty. And there are vampires running around. Greeeeat.
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: (+500) Celestial Audit, Rebel Spirit, Ascetic
Well, I'm probably not the only one that the celestial court is griping at. And it probably helps nothing that I'm running along beside a soldier who defected, so they assume the same of me.
>Drunken Fist (Free, Drop-In)
This works well as a fighting style, if I'm not in a serious fight.
>The Art of Yun-Woo (1200)
A fighting style that relies on thrown weapons and projectiles. This would prove most useful if I wasn't averse to anachronism, but even throwing knives are sufficient.
>Adaptability (800, Drop-In)
If I can ensure that my unarmed fighting is as effective against non-humans as it is against humans, and if I can ensure that I can fight as effectively in non-human forms as I can in human forms... who am I to say no?
>Rakansen (0)
Actually, all considered, if this is combined with Yun-Woo, suddenly everything I throw is much, MUCH deadlier. Let's forget throwing knives. I'm going to use marbles, pebbles, and needles.
>>
>>53601086
>Preeetty sure Collector doesn't give you a Gate of Babylon-equivalent.
It does, But it's Empty. Rank E gives you storage but anything beyond is just luck finding things to put in there. I saked Val when it came out.

>Also, I doubt Item Creation would let you create a ton of Noble Phantasms in a week.
That´s for post war, when I can get to work in magical cannons without some wizard screwing the world or Angry Manjuice eating it the planet.

The weapons are supposed to come from the minecraft jump I already took. Mass-production of swords and other mundane things, using resources from the Mystcraft perk of disposable empty worlds.

>And then Knight of Honor/Owner requires you to hold the weapon to turn it into a Noble Phantasm.
Ok now that's a decent argument.That's Lancelot's Version IIRC his rank was A+.

I bougth it up to EX rank which should make it "Outside of measurement scales" Like other canon EX ranks so it wouldnt be farfetched to say it can affect stuff I shoot from the gate. Which, even if they have to be still in the gate, are mostly bullets and those still coutned for Lancelot's skill.
>>
>>53601341

Ending up roped into the plot of something going on is not something new to me, of course. But having to help the heroes (ragtag as they might be) stop an Elder Evil type vampire and get the only weapons that can defeat him. Which is rather fun.

My role basically comes down to dealing with the fallout - I'm strictly in a supporting role and making sure that none of the other nonsense that would come down on their heads impedes them significantly. Flicking pebbles and marbles at people to distract them or knock them out is an effective way, and when it comes down to the demons... well, any that Ti and Yi Chen can't deal with, I can. I'm not going to unleash my full power, but being a wandering type who is seemingly unarmed and harmless is a good way to blend in.

Of course, the fun part of this? If it's not done in seven weeks, the world's basically doomed.

Nothing like the fun of a deadline looming overhead!
>>
So did anyone collect all Six holy weapons and grab Yandachi in Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata? It seemed like too much trouble to me.
>>
>>53601364
I only got one. Not enough points.
>>
Is the maker of God of War still around?
>>
Is beating common sense into people with perks war crime?
>>
>>53601422
Nope. Left years ago.
>>
>>53601299
>you can choose to be completely unaffected by your own magic when it suits you, including beings that were created by you or spells taught to others that you designed.
This is the perk otherwise I wouldn't know.

>>53601364
Tsundachi, Himedachi, and Kuudachi are my jumpers favored swords to get.
>>
>>53601364
Agreed, not worth the effort. My builds vary between getting none of the swords because there's so much other cool stuff, and just getting Kamidachi because I'm pretty sure I can make her more agreeable through imports and a sword that cuts through everything is pretty great.
>>
>>53601431
Only if you use chemical weapons on your own people in the process.
>>
>>53601460
What If I'm a solo jumper?
>>
>>53601422
That's Red. She's still around, though doesn't post that much these days.
>>
>>53601422
Red is still around.
>>
>>53600434
Damn, I need a full book of that.
>>
>>53601457
Good luck overcoming an ego comperable to Gilgamesh.
>>
>>53601439
Shame. I was hoping to ask some questions about the weapon import section.
>>
>>53601484
>giving a real answer
>>
>>53601364
I just took the old demon/dragon lord sword. Total bro-grampa.
>>
>>53601357
>It does, But it's Empty. Rank E gives you storage but anything beyond is just luck finding things to put in there. I saked Val when it came out.
That's not even what the skill does though. It's just luck that it makes it easier to find treasure.

The Gate of Babylon is an entirely seperate thing, a Noble Phantasm of it's own.

Looking through the archive, that's also what Val's saying about Collector. So... I'm rather doubtful of that.

>weapons
Fair enough on that then.

>Ok now that's a decent argument.That's Lancelot's Version IIRC his rank was A+.
>I bougth it up to EX rank which should make it "Outside of measurement scales" Like other canon EX ranks so it wouldnt be farfetched to say it can affect stuff I shoot from the gate. Which, even if they have to be still in the gate, are mostly bullets and those still coutned for Lancelot's skill.
I really, really doubt it'd get /that/ much of a boost. Especially if you also want it to apply B or even A rank. That's just utterly ludicrous.
>>
>>53601501
That's why I'm importing her. There are a couple ways to change a companion's personality through imports, and I figure since those are Jump-chan fiat it would ignore her willpower.
>>
>>53601484
>>53601494
Oh,are they? Thanks.
>>
>>53601503
The original poster may have been sincere. If they start replying with shitposts we can ignore them then.
>>
>>53601541
But it was a golden opportunity make a joke by having a train of people all pretending like she was gone.
>>
>>53600828
That series had the best example of an actual duel between reality warpers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOe0Lr9OewE
>>
>>53601131
>thousands of years before the emperor was created.
Emperor was a caveman anon.
>>
>>53601516
I hate the name of it, it always makes me think Dragon Edgelord is its full name.
>>
>>53601188
One or both, whichever you prefer.
>>
Red, if you're reading, can Super Sharpness and Super Blunt be taken for the same weapon? Also, for the 50 CP weapon, is the intent that you dual wield the weapon, or just have one copy with chains and the other without? When it says it's meant exclusively for chain-wielding, does that mean you cannot use it in your hands?
>>
>>53601561
I just really loved any scene with Phil in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQ9fk2UeT4
>>
>>53601565
Yeah, sure he was. That highly inconsistent story he tells about his origins definitely isn't something he made up to hide his shame at being just another lab experiment. It's a complete coincidence that the psychic superhuman showed up at the same time everyone was genetically engineering psychic superhumans. He, uh, just thought that was the time to show his hand, yeah. That's the ticket. Definitely wasn't some super prototype that cultivated an air of mystique around itself.
>>
>>53601560
>golden opportunity

If I ever need to cite /jc/'s incompetence at humor, I will quote this very post
>>
>>53601357
>I bougth it up to EX rank which should make it "Outside of measurement scales"

I remember asking that and if memory serves me right Val said that it wouldn't go above A+++
>>
Jump #352: Generic Western
>Three of Pentacles (Works), reversed: Holding back or failing to use one's abilities to their full potential.
Come on, don't think that would be cheating? Come on now, don't be cruel.
>Age: 25
>Location: The Dollars Trilogy
That is, the southwest, in 1865 - the end of the US civil war. The chronology of the movies is backward from how it was published, amusingly. Makes it interesting to put a cohesive narrative together, doesn't it?
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: (+300) Rules In A Knife Fight, A Cowboy Rides Alone
So not only do I feel obligated to give everyone a chance to surrender, even if they're shooting, but I'm also isolated. I suppose a role as a wandering lawman might fit, in such a case.
>Dressed To Kill (1250, Drop-In)
What's that you say? Even the weirdest outfit looks good and won't impede any of my activities? Yes please.
>Kung Fu (1050)
So... a wandering lawman with dragons burned into both his wrists. I'm okay with this, actually. Being able to fight effectively without a weapon is a bonus.
>Hooker With A Heart Of Gold (850)
This goes right along with Rules In A Knife Fight. It won't work every time, but if I can try to seek redemption rather than death... isn't that something worth taking a bullet for?
>Just Good At Killing Things (350)
Sometimes, though, you can't draw the line at trying to redeem someone. Sometimes, they can't be redeemed. And when that finally happens... all you can do is go to work in the most efficient manner possible. Being able to refine the things I already do to remove anything that is not absolutely necessary is a bonus, though.
>Poncho (300, Drop-In)
I don't need to always be walking around announcing who I am. Besides, it's good at keeping the trail dust off. Wearing a longcoat in this era might get me mistaken for a soldier.
>Star (200)
As I said. Wandering lawman. This just makes it official.
>Posse (0)
My cadre enjoys their time in this world. Sometimes with me, more often without.
>>
>>53601610
According to what is said by the makers of 40k he has been around for a long ass time trying to steer humans but he is just shit at it. Apparently he was both jesus and churchill.
>>
>>53601610
>Malcador the Sigilite and his conspiracy were the lab doctors using Emps as a figurehead

Huh, this makes more sense than I thought
>>
>>53601624
So. A federal marshall, set to roam the desert, with a reputation of being fair... but lenient? No, of course not. I am not there to judge. I am not there to be their executioner. But I am the law. If they shoot first, I will ensure I shoot last.

I imagine my appearance would be fairly distinctive, after all - a lawman wearing a poncho and a badge hidden just under the edge of it, a pair of red-tinted spectacles, a decent hat, and a hand cannon that defies description. And somehow, all pictures taken of him end up with him looking smudged. Curious. Regardless... over the next decade, among many other things, I cross paths with a couple of people repeatedly.

Tuco Ramirez... well, after everything went down, Tuco decided that maybe his brother had the right idea. Called the blonde a dirty son of a bitch, after he was freed from his noose, but their days together were most certainly done. I'd not interfered in the whole event, but Tuco knew who I was. Or rather, what I was. And I laughed, and told him that it seemed to me that the man who walked out wasn't the same man who walked in. I cut his bonds, gave him a pack to carry the gold coins in, a small fortune considering the time period, and wished him well.

After he rode off, I walked over to a kicked the seemingly dead man in the side and he groaned. "Colonel, you've made a right mess of things," I told him. "Abandoned your post for the lust of greed. You're lucky the war's ending in a couple of months, it'll get brushed under the rug if you play your cards right." I nudged him with a toe to roll him onto his back, and he groaned again. "Oh, knock it off, I know those two bullets didn't kill you and he missed with the other two warning shots. You just played dead because you knew he'd kill you otherwise."

>"Damn you." He coughed, blood coloring his lips, and grabbed the offered drink I passed down to him. "You just let them get away."
>>
>>53601623
Did you even read the servant supplement? EX Rank is purchasable.
>>
>>53601457
You could always grab the Mucro Regis from Blazblue it cuts everything and it has no personality I believe.

>Physical objects that are normally
>indestructible, magical barriers, and even >abstract concepts can be cut with practice
>and focus.
>>
>>53601631
>Apparently he was both jesus and churchill.
...That sounds pretty fucking stupid, senpai.
>>
>>53601638
"You, my friend, arguably committed treason. You're lucky I have a civilian commission, or I'd haul you to the stockade. Come on now, get out of that hole," I drawled. "One of those men is a bandit who's realized his mistake, got his money, and is going to donate most of it to the church before he goes home. The other, a bounty hunter. I know the type. He's never going to settle down."

>"A bounty hunter." He rinsed his mouth with the drink, then spit it out. "I don't know what you're on about. The man's a grave robber. Enlisted in the army and deserted. ...strange, I'm feeling a little bit better. Tastes like strawbery wine."

I nodded toward him, offering him a hand up to get him on his feet. "Mm. Doctor Bees' snake oil tonic, good for what ails you, even if that's high velocity lead poisoning," I grinned. Then pointed behind a gravestone, where one bag of gold remained. "So... tell you what. That there? That's yours. Head back, let the army know that an emergency came up with the family. You could retire... but I know your type as well, Mortimer."

>"Oh, you do, do you?" he remarked skeptically, before drinking the rest of the tonic.

"Certainly. Army's going to be gutted. You might get a pension, between that and the gold you could retire. But let's face it, you're never going to hang up your gun."

>"Perhaps there is something to your speculation, lawman," Angel Eyes murmured, looking downward, poking his wound. "No pain...?"

"Numb, you'll scar, but you'll be healed in a matter of days. Bleeding should've stopped. You'll be sore when the weather turns, that's the price you pay," I told him. "That isn't easy to come by, so don't think I can give that to you again."

>"What sort of lawman ARE you, anyway?"

I smiled. "The kind that believes in second chances, when a man might be willing to make good on it. What say you, colonel?"

>"I say I'd be stranded without a horse and with bullet holes in me without your aid. Who am I to reject your generosity?"
>>
How powerful are the gods in DanMachi? If I take the A God Wants You drawback, how much danger would I be in?
>>
>>53601624
>>53601638
>>53601655
Honestly, people should just stop posting writefagging about their chain once they hit jump 100.
>>
>>53601648
True. I kind of like the idea of my sword being sapient, though. Then again, I could just import it in Soul Eater. Yeah, that probably actually works better, doesn't it? Simpler, easier, gets the same result. Maybe not as completely absolute in its cutting as Kamidachi, but I can upgrade it. And it can cut concepts, too, which is something she can't. Yeah, I think I'll do that. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>53601265
He deserves a gold star of autism for a post like that.
>>
>>53601684
Well fuck you very much, anon.
>>
>>53601501
Import her in Infernals as Lunar Akuma.
Also, import her as a Demon Weapon in SE, so she can get regular weapon imports.
>>
You people post too much.
>>
>>53601720
>please don't do the one thing these threads literally exist for

>>53601684
Honestly, people like you should kill themselves by jamming a glass rod up their urethra and squeezing
>>
>>53601704
But Kamidachi isn't the Owlfu.
>>
>>53601720
You don't post enough.
>>
>>53601150
>being stuck in a spell that cannot be completed seems pretty serious. Alternatively just a way to survive it would be enough.
Toggle from Young Justice. It is actually a Dial. Set the Max power for your inheritance magic to something less than your current reserves. And disable it entirely when not in use to prevent accidental casting. You speak the magic language, but spend no power and the words are impotent.
>>
>>53601720
I also drink too much and some say the two ideas may be related.
>>
I'm making a build for MtA right now, how do Magic Boosting Perks interact with the magic of this system since it's supposedly hardcapped?
>>
>>53601664
They gimped themselves to walk around with the mortal races and now rely mostly on their familia and politics, so they personally don't have much power. They can still throw their familia and the familia of others at you, though, so you'll probably be beaten/captured if your still around normal human level.
>>
>>53601516
Yeah, Dragon Edge is really cool.
Bit of an cheat/houserule moment, but I kind double imported it and Himedachi together, so I could have Demon Queen Ojou-sama sword. That was fun.
>>
>>53601774
They probably just give you extra successes on all your spell rolls.
>>
>>53601774
It boosts it, making it more powerful but not allowing archmastry which is basically reality warping.
>>
>>53601517
>That's not even what the skill does though. It's just luck that it makes it easier to find treasure.
>The Gate of Babylon is an entirely seperate thing, a Noble Phantasm of it's own.
>Looking through the archive, that's also what Val's saying about Collector. So... I'm rather doubtful of that.

Is more or less the same. Gil has Collector EX which somehow also /is/ his Gate. So I work them as two sides of the coin with Collector being the input he filled with Noble phantasms due to legend BS and Gate being the power of his legend of having enough bling to shoot them out.

>I really, really doubt it'd get /that/ much of a boost. Especially if you also want it to apply B or even A rank. That's just utterly ludicrous.
Meh maybe less than B or C for mundane swords or guns. But artillery and some minecraft-enchanted stuff should get a pass to C or more. I cant find anything concrete on the Rank Lancelot's guns and junk took.

As for ludicrous, well EX ranks fluctuate
Independent action allows a Servant to remain but not use NP's
Numeral of the saint triples power for 6 hourse every day
Dragon witch can control Dragons which are upposed to be trancendant things
Collector EX is Gil's gate
Ea is an EX ranked NP
Presence Concealment makes you "one with the world itself" and undetectable, and actually attacking lowers it to A+ "It is possible to disappear and become almost impossible to be detected"
Mad enhancement EX makes yanderes...

Even with lower stats having a wall of Noble machineguns cant be that much hard, especially with Mana EX
>>
>>53601774
They make your magic stronger like they say they do. MtA's jump maker has no right to make rulings about how his jump interacts with other jumps, his rulings don't matter in the context of other jump's perks.
>>
>>53601623
It ain't on the banlist senpai
>>
>>53601596
*50 CP upgrade to Chained

Also, some more that I remembered: How potent are the "shockwaves" in Shockwave? Also, do the chains in Chained have to be chains, or are things like ribbons or ropes also valid? Lastly, can Resizing do partial size alterations, like lengthening blades and handles and such, or does the weapon need to retain its proportions?
>>
>>53601774
They work fine. Archmastery is a change in quality, not quantity. Perks that multiply your magic's strength or make it more efficient should work fine. In game mechanics terms you'd have a bigger dice pool for your spells or pay less to use them or whatever, but not get the benefits of Archmastery.
>>
File: Canon.jpg (47KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Canon.jpg
47KB, 500x281px
>>53601720
>>
>>53601875
>They work fine. Archmastery is a change in quality, not quantity.
A lot of magic boosting perks boost the quality of magic, not the quantity. Your argument is meaningless.
>>
>>53601774
Apply it before other perks. You aren't an archmage, but perks still affect the magnitude of spells and their costs and how you can combine them, etc.
>>
So is there a widespread desire to see more jumpchain writefaggotry, in general?
Even if it gets posted on SB?
>>
>>53601846
> I cant find anything concrete on the Rank Lancelot's guns and junk took.
D rank.
>>
>>53601782
Is it possible for a god to just break the rules and try to smite me anyways?
>>
>>53601653
Have you actually read any 40k? That is far from the most stulid. Remember there were supposed to be real decendants of the emperor who had similar powers called the sensei.
>>
>>53601940
I hate writefagging. If you want to post write ups, do it on SB and stay there.
>>
>>53601503
Also, just saw this, but why should I know who made the jump when it isn't credited? And how do you expect people to become aware of things if you don't want them to ask questions?
>>
>>53601940
SB doesn't mind it at all if that's what you're asking. More writefags, more jumpmakers is all fine.
>>
>>53601846
>Is more or less the same. Gil has Collector EX which somehow also /is/ his Gate.
Where the hell are you pulling this from? GoB and Collector are two different things, they just complement each other.

Collector is a luck/treasure sense.
GoB is a pocket dimension.

This isn't rocket science, man.

Also, I remember Val saying EX Knight of Honor would make B-rank NPs.
>>
>>53601940
I don't want to go to SB, and I get a general feeling that some other people probably don't want to either. Not sure where that comes from. Either post it here or on pastebin if you don't want to spam the thread.
>>
>>53601911
Sorry, I was unclear unclear. I don't mean quality as in "high quality", I mean that Archmastery adds new qualities to your magic, new things it can do. Your perks could increase the quality of your magic in the sense that it's better, but Archmastery is a change in the nature of your magic, not just the magnitude of its existing natures.
>>
>>53601940
Sure, go ahead anon.
>>
>>53601364

I did - though, I'm going with them being "swords" as much as "people" and thus not being as constantly fucking annoying as they would be if it were an anime or manga - by being quiet most of the time and not particularly needy.

WIP writefaggotry of just that: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GVthB50DAg8sPAnR0G7d-_nJ-H-lsz7u7m7bSFpKQAU/edit#
>>
>>53601953
I think the mc's goddess tried once, it went badly.
>>
>>53601940
I'm fine with limited writefaggotry. You know, snippets that are short enough that I'm not reminded of the inherent cringeworthiness of this. We're making majorly OP self-insert Mary Sues, if I dwell on that fact for too long it ruins the enjoyment.
>>
>>53601953
Given the description of the drawback that won't happen, they want you alive, but even if they wanted you dead they wouldn't do that due to the backlash it would cause. Also, and take this with a grain of salt because it's been a while, I don't think they can fully manifest their power outside of heaven. And if they're in heaven they can't reach you.
>>
>>53602005
What if they weren't majorly OP?
>>
>>53601981
>I get a general feeling that some other people probably don't want to either. Not sure where that comes from.
Simple. It's nice to think that /jc/ is inherently superior to SB, like high class looking down at peasants. SB trash memes have become a staple of /jc/ anyways. And it's a nice ego boost for some people to know that even by doing nothing they're inherently better than people on SB.
>>
>>53601844
>>53601875
>>53601915
>>53601982
Archmastery is one thing, but the jump says you're hardcapped on Arcana too, which means you're not allowed to go beyond the descriptions of mastery for each of those.
>>
>>53602037
How could a jumper not be massively OP? Unless you're taking all your jumps in order of power level, and even then you'll be incredibly versatile.
>>
>>53602075
Restraint. It's like how not all jumpers are SIs.
>>
>>53602037
We're all gonna be OP eventually unless you're playing with homerules that limit you, or just choose not to buy things in most Jumps.
>>
>>53602087
Not him but just going with lower tier lerks you eventually stack up to be op.
>>
>>53602072
Yeah, and most of the spells of those levels will allow you to scale their effects infinitely up the better you are at casting them.

>>53602087
But now you have the problem that your jumper isn't acting realistically. If you're offered massive power with no strings attached and you intentionally choose the weaker powers, that isn't "restraint," it's insanity.
>>
Does Minnish Cap magic have any uses other than elemental evocation?
>>
>>53602114
>But now you have the problem that your jumper isn't acting realistically.
Or maybe the options they are offered aren't the same ones in the documents we're basing our chains on.
>>
>>53601990
>>53602014
Thanks for the help.
>>
>>53602114
>But now you have the problem that your jumper isn't acting realistically
Munchkining isn't necessarily realistic, ignoring that you're assuming every anon here thinks the same way you do.
>>
>>53602136
At that point you aren't playing jumpchain anymore. So, get out.

>>53602165
>Munchkining isn't necessarily realistic
>deliberately gimping yourself or similar behaviors are somehow realistic behaviors
>>
File: The_Chousin_HD.png (1MB, 1600x1133px) Image search: [Google]
The_Chousin_HD.png
1MB, 1600x1133px
How would the Choushin respond to a being far above them, is nice and is actually communicating with them?
>>
>>53602165
You'll wind up with horrible, world breaking powers even if you don't perfectly min/max all the time. And I think that any real life person would realize how foolish it is not to choose useful perks the first time someone genuinely tried to kill them, or they landed in a medieval world with no air conditioning or television or toilet paper. Eventually they might get arrogant enough to start dumping all their points into waifus or something, but by then they're likely already overpowered compared to the settings they're in.
>>
>>53602195
>Invalid jumps, the post.
8/8
>>
>>53602195
How long have you been railing against non-standard framing devices, exactly?
>>
>>53601979
>Where the hell are you pulling this from? GoB and Collector are two different things, they just complement each other.
From my noggin.

That's how I think collector works for me at least. Because Gil's weird that way as a Servant he has extreme luck getting neat stuff (Which would be pretty useless as a spirit) but has a different thing were he shoots treasures for some reason? He raged about "his treasures" so there has to be an actual connection between Collector and the Gate.

Admittedly, they /are/ different if you see collector as the pocket dimension and GoB as the act of chucking NP's at sonic speeds.

>Collector is a luck/treasure sense.
>GoB is a pocket dimension.
>This isn't rocket science, man.
>Also, I remember Val saying EX Knight of Honor would make B-rank NPs

Collector is, by word of Val, an empty GoB.

And also, again by word of Val, Rank E just gives you the pocket and D to EX is the pocket plus extra luck to treasure-sense
>>
>>53602197
By joining that being's harem, maybe. I mean only two of the three did.
>>
>>53602114
>But now you have the problem that your jumper isn't acting realistically.
You assume every Jumper has in character knowledge and influence over meta events between jumps.

The Jumper SI might have no memory say in what jumps they visit, or the background and perks are taken, or drawbacks inflicted. Jumpwaking up in a new place every ten years with this bunch of new memories, abilities, and possibly limitations Jump-Chan bestowed on them.
>>
>>53602226
Probably the same guy who used to argue that Dirge's jumps had to be removed because they didn't fit the jumpchain format and therefore weren't valid jumps.

So a couple months at least.
>>
>>53601457
I thought she couldn't be imported?
>>
Rolled 754, 690, 515, 186, 221 = 2366 (5d816)

>>53602219
Let's do an experiment. I'm going to roll five jumps, make a quick build for each with no drawbacks or discounts, and then see how strong the end product is.
>>
>>53602288

She can't
>>
>>53602226
Do you do anything but stir shit?
>>
File: Parad_and_Dan_reacts.jpg (58KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Parad_and_Dan_reacts.jpg
58KB, 854x480px
Pffhahahahah
>>
>>53602305
Taking no discounts or drawbacks is gimping yourself extremely. It gives you like half as much CP as you'd normally have.
>>
>>53601364
Me! (Or at least, planing to when I make a build.)
>>
>>53602305
Now then...

>Twilight
>SupCom
>Musician
>Dragonball AF
>eXceed

And to add to this, we'll even roll for what options we get.

>>53602347
That's the point. That even if you gimp yourself, you'll still end up monstrously op.
>>
>>53602326
Course not. I'm an asshole.

Now, what exactly is the issue with a jumper that roleplays the jumper not being the decision maker on what perks they get?
>>
>>53602347
I mean, given all the power creep, he's still probably going to wind up being horrifically powerful.
>>
>>53602347
You're so full of shit your eyes are turning brown.
>>
>>53602072
>mastery for each of those.
The levels in each Arcamum are not about power level, but about the specific practices you can perform. These are types of things you can do. Like creation of the Arcanum is master level, whether you make a pounds worth, or a planets.
>>
>>53602234
Mind you that I want nothing to do with the argument, but do you mind posting proof? This may change how I do my Fate builds
>>
>>53602347
>It gives you like half as much CP as you'd normally have.
>It gives you 1000 of 1600 CP
SURVEY SAYS: 62.5% of maximum points possible.

Also some of us like our narratives to make sense instead of just going 'oh, the apocalypse is coming, that's okay because fuck you'.
>>
>>53601959
What do you like then
>>
>>53602063
Not him but it's not even that for me. I just despise the like system that much.
>>
>>53602364
>That's the point. That even if you gimp yourself, you'll still end up monstrously op.
Well if you want to do that, why not take 5 vacation jumps and prove that you can still kill Nicol Bolas? If you can do that wouldn't that be definitive proof that there's no way for a jumper to never be OP?

Harvest Moon, Catastrophe, Nichijou, Animal Crossing, Cooking Show. Go and make a build that can kill Nicol Bolas from that.
>>
>>53602410
Plus the 100CP free perk from your background, plus up to 600CP in discounts to your background's perks, minus a few hundred CP to account for the fact that you probably can't handle full drawbacks on your first jump.
>>
>>53602437
You're using phantom math. The extra points from freebies and discounts ought to not factor in at all.
>>
>>53602364
>Twilight
There are 32 options that cost CP in Twilight, so I'll roll d32 until I run out of CP to spend.
>>
>>53602197
Euphoria, their entire purpose in life is to find such a being.
>>
>>53602410
Not part of this, but no discounts ever makes your points not go nearly as far, which I think was part of that guy's point. Just using a standard origin and set of perks you're not getting the freebie 100, or discounts on the 200, 400 or 600. What might have only cost 600CP normally now costs 1300, and because you can't take drawbacks you can no longer purchase a normal origin's perkline.
>>
>>53602234
>Collector is, by word of Val, an empty GoB.

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/41068640/#q41075429
>Collector doesn't give you anything. It just means you're more likely to find treasures like that.
>Collector (コレクター, Korekutā?) is the 'talent' to collect high quality goods -- a 'luck' that draws rare items into the possession of the Servant. However, the Servant's Master derives no benefit from this personal skill.
>Gilgamesh's high rank simply reflected how powerful his ability, in that it let him collect all the fruits of civilisation over a very long life. You certainly could do the same "Grasp human ingenuity", but you still need to collect each and every thing to put it in the vault, this just makes it a hell of a lot easier to find.

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46663301/#q46668102
>Collector is not prohibited in the sense that it makes it easier to find treasure. It does not give you them instantly, you still need to search them out. Think of it as a huge luck boost towards finding treasure.

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49350655/#q49356319
>Honestly? Not really. How can you quantify luck? I'll try to answer what I can.
>It comes mostly through luck really. Maybe you stumble over some hidden cache of stuff, someone includes it in a reward for a job they wouldn't have otherwise, a rare drop from an enemy, you fall through a hole in the ground and into some treasure trove one day.

No, it fucking isn't.
>>
Can I fanwank a 400 for 8 companion option into a 200 for 4? A 100 for 2?

Cause 400 for 8 is a bit expensive when I only want 1.
>>
>>53602506
You can fanwank whatever you want.
>>
Rolled 20, 2, 22, 16, 19, 25 = 104 (6d32)

>>53602462
>>
>>53602506
What Jump is this that there's only a bulk import, no singles import?
>>
>>53602467
I missed the "no discounts" part.
>>
>>53602527
Skullman.
>>
>>53602467
The original argument was that no matter how you build in any jump, you will always become OP. This guy is trying to prove that by doing a build that's as limited as possible, which by anon's logic should still be amazingly OP.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

Flipping a four-sided coin
>>
What are the best jumps to accrue general luck perks?
>>
>>53602523
> -600 Be(ll)autiful
> -0 Student Identification
> Not enough CP for this
> -400 Forseeing

On to SupCom.

I'll roll for that jump too. I'll be rolling separately for the ACU. Since there are a total of 40 options that cost CP in this jump, I'll roll d40's until I've spent all CP.
>>
File: jc3.png (157KB, 322x504px) Image search: [Google]
jc3.png
157KB, 322x504px
>>53599997
Galaxia is basically 40K as a magical girl. Like the Emperor, she has a bunch of other magical girls under her thumb who she conquered by force. Like Magnus, she drastically underestimated the corruptive power of Chaos. And like Angron, she believes the strong should rule the weak because her star seed starts killing her if she wants to protect things.

>>53599703
I'm positive necromancy is like, 5 different war crimes combined in one once it's advanced enough? When you've got zombies wearing explosive vests loaded with plagues brewed from demon livers, they tend to start inventing new war crimes to charge you with.

Especially when those formerly American zombies are programmed to sing Communist propaganda.

>>53602197
Curiosity and trying to poke it with science, probably.

>>53602239
To be fair, the joining harem part didn't really have much to do with the transcendent hyperdimensional cosmic entity part
>>
>>53602426
>Well if you want to do that, why not take 5 vacation jumps and prove that you can still kill Nicol Bolas?

Not him, but from earlier in the quite chain
>>53602075
>How could a jumper not be massively OP? Unless you're taking all your jumps in order of power level, and even then you'll be incredibly versatile.

You are trying to attack him on a point he already acknowledged earlier.
>>
>>53602629
Synchronicity Wave Travelling from DC Occult
>>
Rolled 3, 25, 8, 17, 12, 14 = 79 (6d40)

>>53602631
>>
>>53602629
SBURB's Page of Light. Mardukth said it would make you so lucky you could roll 8d8 and get all 8s every time.
>>
Is Wild Card here?
>>
File: funny_picdump_1510_640_high_07.jpg (97KB, 480x764px) Image search: [Google]
funny_picdump_1510_640_high_07.jpg
97KB, 480x764px
>>53602674
Hahahahahahhahhahahahahaha!
>>
>>53602629
Binbougami Ga is about how one person is gathering all the luck and offers you the same ability.
>>
>>53602645
I don't think he acknowledged it at all. He's still confident that regardless of how you build, you must be incredibly versatile, no matter what jumps you take or what you choose in them.

If Nicol Bolas is too much then have them fight an Endbringer with that set up. Or is he going to backpedal on what incredibly versatile means now?
>>
>>53602658
> -400 Global Command
> -300 T3 Mass and energy
> Not enough CP
> -50 RFM
> Not Enough CP
> -200 Cybernetics
Done. Honestly, I don't even need to do this anymore, because this jumper is already overpowered and thus boring, even two jumps in and as limited as possible.
>>
>>53602674
Sorry anon, he left a while ago.
>>
File: tumblr_n98sxbyk6F1rv1swzo1_500.png (180KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n98sxbyk6F1rv1swzo1_500.png
180KB, 500x375px
>>53599901
Jump # 133 Double Cross
*Syndrome: Hanuman
*Breeding: Pure Bred
*Origin: Wild Card
Perks
*Full Blood (200, Discount)
*Returner (0)
*Guardian (0)
*Singularity (100, Discount)
*Lost Number (300, Discount)
Companions
*A call for a friend (0)
*You are (not) alone (400)
Powers: (+ 2000)
*Lightning speed (50, Discount)
*Air Interments (50, Discount)
*Dazzling voice (50, Discount)
*Basic Research (50, Discount)
*Swift and Deft (300, Discount)
*Furry (200, Discount)
*Shadow Run (100, Discount)
*Battle Beat (100, Discount)
*Active Sonar (100, Discount)
*Enhanced Body (400)
*Whirlwind of Action (600)

(I know nothing here so I hope this isn’t wrong)

This was a tough and aggravating jump. I lived under constant fear of becoming a monster do to my powers. Apparently some of my powers were quite taxing and wore on my psyche a lot. Eventually I resolved not to use my powers from this world at all unless absolutely necessary.

I started this jump as I did many jumps with super powers, trying to help people. I tried to be discrete about it, unfortunately I apparently wasn’t discrete enough and soon attracted the attention of the Universal Guardian Network.

After a short confrontation they explained things like the nature of my power and problems and offered my companions and I a chance to join up.

So we soon became agents after a short training period. I hunted down those people who had fallen victim to their own powers or were misusing them.

It was kind of sad to see people who may have been innocent pushed beyond the point of no hope.

I also got to deal with false heart. They were some ruthless asshats. I mean they even disgusted Doom-chan with their willingness to dispose of their own agents. Not that Doom-chan would do that (anymore) It was a long 10 years and I spent all of it worried that either I or my companions were going to turn in to monsters… which in retrospect only made it more likely.
>>
>>53602736
So the conclusion from this is that any chain beyond two jumps is invalid because it's immediately boring.
>>
>>53602736
Then just leave if you don't like it. Seriously! Why do any of you stick around just to fucking complain?
>>
>>53602734
I never did get a solid answer on that-what kind of magic can Nicol Bolas cast anyway? How would he, for example, deal with an Endbringer?

Also a while ago someone told me Eldrazi eat planes, and planes generate an infinite reality-field around them so that means Eldrazi have more mass than Endbringers right?
>>
>>53602736
>as limited as possible
>not jumping exclusively street-level jumps
Do you even low power?
>>
>>53602770
He's not complaining. His point is that no matter what jumpers are always OP munchkins because that's what's realistic. He just took a roundabout way of proving his point.
>>
File: Yandere Cute.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Yandere Cute.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Is there anyway to get Yandachi without getting the others? I want a Yandere sword.
>>
>>53602770
The point was that the argument of 'jumpers can be weak/not overpowered mary sues' which has been proven wrong.

Any and all jumps, no matter what order you take them in or how you build for them will make you OP, this is demonstrably true, it could even be called a law of physics it's so accurate. Call it Jumper's Law.
>>
>>53602783
He's an existence that serves as the author banhammer for whoever the current author is, but because jumpchain's framework is glued to Magic the Gathering with sparks, Nicol Bolas is traditionally stronger than or equal to Jumpchan.

If you go by that logic, Nicol Bolas would just write the Endbringer out of existence.
>>
>>53602838
>Nicol Bolas
>Stronger than being that makes literally omnipotent gods appear feeble by comparison
>>
>100 street level jumps where you focus on sandwich making (not including hunting or going to the store to acquire materials, etc)
>100 street level jumps where you diversify your build
Which jumper is scarier?
>>
>>53602823
Sidle up alongside it while it's stalking it's sempai, and then use 'the path of heaven' from one of the kamen rider jumps to steal sempai's MC-ness.
>>
>>53602893
Now I want a Yandere Simulator jump.
>>
>>53602736
>Honestly, I don't even need to do this anymore, because this jumper is already overpowered
I going to call foul. Rolling Supcom (a high powered jump), where you get a ACU (the most powerful thing in the jump and setting) jump for showing up skews the results because the jump gives you the munchkin option no roll necessary as a freebie.
>>
>>53602872
A different way of interpreting it is that Nicol Bolas could feasibly create jumpchans if he wanted to, but he doesn't care enough to.

You're better off asking Wizards of the Coast whether they think their authors pet would win or if Wildbow's author's pet would win. They'd probably laugh at the question.
>>
>>53602474
>Collector doesn't give you anything. It just means you're more likely to find treasures like that.
>Collector is not prohibited in the sense that it makes it easier to find treasure. It does not give you them instantly, you still need to search them out. Think of it as a huge luck boost towards finding treasure.

That just confirms that Collector does not instantly give you a ton of NP's

Hang on
>Gilgamesh's high rank simply reflected how powerful his ability, in that it let him collect all the fruits of civilisation over a very long life. You certainly could do the same "Grasp human ingenuity", //but you still need to collect each and every thing to put it in the vault//, this just makes it a hell of a lot easier to find.

>you still need to collect each and every thing to put it in the vault,

>"the vault"

Not the warehouse, and not "in your posesion".

Collector Gives you a 'Vault'. That's thats the pocket dimension from GoB.

And yes they are more or less the same. Collector was (allegedly) part of Gil's leyend being the precursor to every other hero, which straigth up gave him all those NP's and treasures. Collector made the vault/pocked dimension from which Gil shoots those NP's with GoB.

Collector is not relevant now because there is nothing that interests him in this era (and he's a superghost anyway). But the skill from leyend made the storage that GoB brings things from.

>>53602406
I cant find the answer to my particular question but ^this anon found a thread with a reference to the Vault collector gives.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49350655/#q49356319
>>
>>53601752
>You speak the magic language, but spend no power and the words are impotent.
IIRC, it'd be pretty difficult to accidentally call upon magic just be speaking the ancient language.
It's a thing related to consciousness; you have to call on it.
Which is why non-sapient animals, some of whom could potential accidentally utter a noise that sounds like a word from the Ancient Language by sheer coincidence, never actually use it.
Because you have to have intent. It wasn't always like that, but thanks to the Grey Folk (RIP potential ayy lmaos) it is now.
>>
>>53602923
>nicol bolas returns the endbringer to the entity's hand
>nicol bolas makes all players discard their hands
>>
>>53602888
>I fear not the Jumper that makes 100 sandwiches one time.
>But I fear the Jumper that makes one sandwich 100 times.
>>
>>53602872
The jumper's world is a subset of Jumpchan's world, basically you're like a marble in her hand. Jumpchan is at best on the same level as Nicol Bolas, if not a marble in his hand. It's just a hierarchy.
>>
>>53602888
What if the jumper specializes in knuckle sandwiches?
>>
>>53602962
they're not speccd for feeding people, though
>>
>>53602888
Diminishing returns makes specializing a huge waste.
>>
>>53602941
Nicol Bolas is basically the guy who sits down at the table, looks at you and goes "I win" and when you try to argue otherwise he shoots you, but because he's already bribed the cops, they rule it as a suicide and he sues your family for damages because you ruined his mood.
>>
>>53602633
>zombie terrorists with demon bioweapons
Well, that's got me beat. All I've got are car bombs on enemy leaders and the occasional brainwashed suicide bomber.>
>>
>>53602907
Rule 1, cause I sure aint.
>>
What jumps let me duplicate myself in some way so I can take myself as a companion?

Saw the option in Star Wars: Clone Wars and was wondering if that kind of thing showed up anywhere else.
>>
>>53602956
Except, no? Nicol Bolas is basically a baby compared to most jumpers even 5 jumps in. There's no way he'd compare to jumpchan, who can spit out Old Sparks like they're nothing.
>>
>>53602803
>He's not complaining, he's just complaining. It makes sense if you don't think about it.
>>
>>53603030
Gunnm and Sonichu
>>
>>53602114
You're assuming that all jumpers get to choose their powers in the story. That can be the case, but that also can't be the case.
>>
>>53603030
Possibly Otoyomegatai.
>>
>>53602927
Yeah... Considering Val also repeatedly ruled the Gates of Babylon's pocket dimension to be a NP, and would require an A++ rank NP to get all that (large town sized pocket dimension with extras).

That's bullshit.
>>
>>53603040
Sparks are not created, they are activated.
>>
>>53602923
>A different way of interpreting it is that Nicol Bolas could feasibly create jumpchans if he wanted to, but he doesn't care enough to.
You are laughably stupid if you think Nicol Bolas is even the strongest thing in his own universe, let alone compared to double super omnipotent beings like the Benefactor.
>>
>>53602927
>all this retarded mental gymnastics
...you know what? Fuck it. Nobody is paying me for this shit.

I'm just gonna sit back, relax, and them enjoy some popcorn when Val finally gets online and BTFO you.
>>
>>53603030
Young Justice, and I think Xmen Movies will once Logan stuff is added.

Future Child from FEA, if you sleep with yourself.
>>
Is it possible for Gil to shove a human in the GoB or is it only objects? Need to know for reasons. I don't want a GoB NP but Gil's probably going to kidnap jumper to try to get them to give him immortality at some point.
>>
File: 41aqlkc+KZL._SY300_.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
41aqlkc+KZL._SY300_.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>53603063
>>
>>53603030
If you can social fu yourself, FSN has JUMPER.
>>
>>53603063
Nope. Jumpchan creates an Oldwalker Spark out of nothing and causally gives it to you like it's a worthless piece of trash. Face it, your waifu old Nic is a wimpy baby.
>>
>>53602838
WHAT?

No, that's. That's complete bullshit. You're full of bullshit.

I just wanted to know WHAT KIND OF SPELLS HE CAN CAST
>>
>>53603097
He kept Shinji there when he went to fight Iliya and Berserker, so yes.
>>
>>53603079
You are laughably stupid to be comparing your SI and Quicksilver's author pet to Wizards of the Coast's author pet.

You could always take this over to /mtg/ or reddit and see what most people think about your double super omnipotent being.
>>
>>53602997
Look, does he banish them, does he turn them into rabbits, does he make angels fly out of their asshole and deafen them with trumpet blasts.

What does his magic LOOK like you self-important little tit
>>
>>53603121
Jumpchan never gives the Jumper anything, their innate powers are simply awakening.
>>
>>53603122
I think he made a guy into a magitech cyborg once. And once he twisted a plane's geomancy to mindrape its gods into working for him.
>>
>>53603046
Anon, he wants to be OP. How is he complaining if he's just proving that he can be super OP no matter what? Are you getting confused because he tried to use a reverse proof to justify him being OP?
>>
>>53603122
>I just wanted to know WHAT KIND OF SPELLS HE CAN CAST
http://magiccards.info/query?q=(ft%3Abolas+or+bolas)+-c%3Aw+l%3Aen&v=scan
>>
>>53603161
>>53603121
>>53602838

>it's an anon pushes his fanwank as canon episode
>>
>>53603144
Dude, seriously, even Wizards of the Coast of most MtG fanboys wouldn't try to wank their Author's Pet to be more powerful than omnipotent gods. Get the fuck out of here dumbass.
>>
Do we have any jumps to meet Gil back before he meets Enkidu in Nasuverse?
>>
>>53603085
>Sleep with yourself

How

No seriously, how? Romancing your own clone?
>>
>>53603174
THANK YOU for that actual answer

>>53603182
Okay see this isn't helpful because I don't play magic the gathering and I don't understand what "drawing cards" translates to in an actual magical duel
>>
>>53603190
Not that anon but they are everything you could ever want in a person.
>>
>>53603190
Well, we are discussing ways to companion yourself.

So the child of you and you is... also you? Thats not really how genetics work, but whatever.

>>53603030
Oh, and shaman king has ghost of jumper or something.
>>
>>53603161
I also have it work the same way in my chain but that is just one interpretation, you can't say that your way is the right way in a single player imagination game anon.
>>
>>53603205
I'm an awful person, I couldn't stand to live with myself for more than a week.
>>
Why you all being dumb on both sides of this issue with this "five jumps" thing as the arguing point? Five jumps is too small, those five jumps can be anything and leave you extremely powerful or just some dude that's good at a few things. The whole point of the argument "All Jumpers will eventually become OP" is the time aspect. You may not end up OP in, five jumps, ten jumps, hell, fifty jumps.

It is nigh impossible to continue being just some middling person after hundreds of jumps of perks, mild training and experience though. What in the fuck is happening during that time if you're not? Home rules allow you to avoid that, story elements "might" allow you to avoid it, but if you're playing things straight, not even trying to power game or munchkin, that's still hundreds of perks behind you not to mention whatever freebies you get from just showing up in some places.
>>
>Nicol Bolas
Every time I read that name, I always think of Niko Bellic from GTA 4.
I can't help but imagine an Eastern European badass wrecking entire planes of existence.
>>
>>53603265
No. You will definately become OP in even a single jump. Jumpers can never not be OP.
>>
>>53603174
There was also that time he made a weakened duplicate of himself, and that duplicate fought a group of nuwalkers to a standstill by grabbing it's corpses from timelines where it lost the fight and reanimating them to gang up on them in other timelines.
>>
>>53603190
Tweedlified, from Alice Through the Looking Glass.

It's sort of a cloning perk, but works by being in two places at once. So you can, in fact, sleep with yourself with it.

Wouldn't exactly get you a clone of yourself, of course. Since that's not quite how genetics works, but yeah.
>>
>>53603187
Are you seriously that deluded that you think jumpchan is real. This is some VS battles shit going on down here isn't it. Are you going to pit your omnipotent goddess up against Christianity next?
>>
>>53603283
No, that's stupid, the other guy who kept pushing that point is stupid.
>>
File: jc6.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jc6.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>53603205
But that's wrong.

One of my misbegotten fetich is already too many for existence.

>>53603188
Not as far as I know, at the moment.

>>53603190
...hermaphroditism?

I'm...pretty sure Fire Emblem doesn't have those, but I guess anon could've been a Prototype or a shoggoth or something

>>53603270
I just imagine his cousin Roman Bolas calling him over to go bowling

>>53603283
>tfw because of how far back I started, I went for an entire century without picking up any magic in my first 10 jumps

Well, that's just like. Your opinion man.
>>
>>53603290
>Are you seriously that deluded that you think jumpchan is real.
>jumpchan isn't real, so of course she'd lose to Nicol Bolas, who is real
I don't think he's the idiot here anon. I'm pretty sure that'd be you.
>>
>>53603270
Goddammit, now I want to see Jumper!Nico.
>>
>>53603265
The argument was never "all jumpers will eventually become OP". The argument was that all jumpers are inherently majorly OP SI, because that's what is realistic. It doesn't matter how many jumps it is, you'll still be a majorly OP SI. That's what the point was.

They've already used the one narrative argument, so if you try to argue otherwise they'll just say you aren't following the jumpchain framework and tell you to get out.
>>
>>53603313
What was your first jump? I can guarantee I can prove that no matter what you did, regardless of what you chose, you became OP.
>>
>>53603265
They don't care about the average jumper or just some guy telling a story to themselves without the goal of ultimate power or ultimate weakling. They're trying to prove a point. It's best to just stay out of their way.

The origin of the argument wasn't "all jumpers will end up powerful anyway", it was "not munchkinning is stupid and only the insane would do anything else." The former was a response to the latter, so most of the argument will be carried by people as extreme as the latter by necessity.
>>
>>53603316
Neither of them are real. That's what makes this even more stupid, because he's literally thrusting imaginary characters at each other when they don't have anything to do with one another.

What, is Quicksilver going to publish his own MtG novel with jumpchan in it now? Or is WotC going to buy up the rights of jumpchain and use jumpers as a new module?

I don't get how you can infer Nicol Bolas would be real. How do you even do that? How do you take a known product of media and assume that it's real? Are you going to say that YHVH is real as well?
>>
>>53603330
Alright, if the argument is "Jumpers are always OP" then that's stupid. I thought this spawned based off the central point being one anon bitching about not wanting to read writefagging of Jumpers after Jump 100 since he doesn't like being reminded that Jumpers are mary sues.
>>
What are some cool specialties for a mage in Fate? Other than Rin's gem based magic I mean.
>>
>Still hating mary sues in 2017
>Hating mary sues while being in Jumpchain

The hypocrisy is astounding
>>
>>53603402
Mana transfer rituals.

or flash air, cause that's kinda awesome from what i've seen.
>>
>>53603357
Alright, that's my bad. I'll go back to fiddling with my stuff then.
>>
>>53603402
There's also thought acceleration, which makes you think faster and better.
>>
>>53603388
>He believes that you have to think fictional characters are real to argue about their powerlevels
>he believes that in a multi-crossover debate arena, which is what jumpchain is, you have to believe that a character is real for it to be relevant to talk about them
The depth of your stupidity is reaching new lows.
>>
>>53603391
It did. Somebody said that Jumpers weren't always Mary Sues. Anon insisted that Jumpers are always Mary Sues/Majorly OP. The argument became even more retarded when people threw Nicol Bolas in for no good reason until now, where there are multiple idiots engaged in these weird ass arguments.

Shit like this is best left for SB. At least then people have a name and won't just shoot their mouth off without being recognized as an idiot.
>>
>>53603450
>multi-crossover debate arena
>Multi-Crossover
>Debate Arena
I'm stealing this and posting it whenever anyone asks what jumpchain is.
>>
>>53603450
You've spent the last couple posts inserting words into other people's posts. Are you trying to read their minds or something?
>>
>>53603454
I was about to ask how things fell that far, but remembered how petty some people can be here. Nevermind then.
>>
File: jc1.jpg (30KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
jc1.jpg
30KB, 250x353px
>>53603333
Pokemon. And as of the update:

[Pokemon]

Drawback: Wanted (1300)

Region: Hoenn.

Small Town, age 16 1250).

Starter: Ralts

Physical Fitness (Free). Lot of road to travel, after all
Mechanic (1100)
Aura (800)
Champ In The Making (500)
3x Master Balls (400)
Sniper Rifle (0)

I mean, I was literally someone's kid going on a field trip while being chased by the pokemafiya.

I'm not sure how you can prove that I became "OP" when my most powerful ability is to shoot emotion balls at people, and also friendship.

That thing I am abyssal at in real life because of how often I've moved.

In my first jump.

>>53603427
>mana transfer rituals
>speciality

I see what you did there

In all seriousness Bounded Fields is pretty neato. Araya had these cool magical tentacle things from the mobile ones he invented, and turned himself into a building with "limitless" space.

"Limitless" meaning it had some space enlargement shenanigans powered by leylines or something but not actually being infinite.
>>
>>53603475
I guess that means we need to stop discussing jumps and just go full powerlevel like /cyoag/ does with waifus? Might as well act the part.

It's kind of problematic that there are two definitions now, since you've got another anon that insists jumpchain is the Mary Sue Simulator, now you have a guy saying it's a Debate Arena. Except Mary Sues don't debate, they just win. Even when they lose they still win because secretly they're right and the world just doesn't know it yet.
>>
How much should I know about a setting in general before selecting it as a jump? Is knowing all the material necessary/recommended? Would it be sufficient to go over a detailed synopsis of the work?
>>
>>53603507
Thread is on autosage, so basically you've got people shitposting in full force. It's easy to start an argument just by slapping people with powerwanker or not jumping right.

Though really it's not much of an argument since both sides realistically enjoy bickering about nothing. This is basically a /vg/ general thread that survives because the game updates more regularly than some dead mmo.
>>
>>53603454
I already proved empirically that jumpers can never help but be OP, regardless of what jumps you take or what you take from those jumps.

>>53603512
Ah, but you see, look at what you took. Aura and Physical fitness already make you Captain America with with emotion based energy powers, you're such a good leader that you can probably win a Pokemon League, and you have 3 master balls which you can catch anything with, and a gun on top of all that!

Even if you only catch a few Bedoofs, you can train pretty much any pokemon to be a monster in combat, and guns are really dangerous even in fantasy settings! You could kill most villains in jumpchain with one of those if you were creative and they weren't super-humanly durable.

See, one jump in and you're already OP.
>>
>>53603558
Just ask if there's anything you don't understand about a setting enough that you feel like you need to know.
>>
>>53603558
Depends on how in-depth you want to write your story, but more knowledge can be very helpful. Especially with canon companion options and combining stuff across jumps.
>>
>>53603612
No, you proved that a random selection from randomly determined jumps would result in a character that is above street level.
OP depends on the setting.
If a writer selects low-powered jumps, then their jumper won't be OP unless they build for power.
>>
>>53603402
Mind magic. I mean, there's decent odds you eat a Sealing Designation if you go too deep, but it can be OP as hell.
>>
>>53603534
>Debate Arena
You forgot the Multi-Crossover part, that's at least half the definition.

But seriously, power levels aren't the only thing Debates happen over, we also argue about Waifu rankings, morality, Jump Quality...Anything we talk about is a debate.

We're debating right now even! That's essentially the gameplay of jumpchain. Arguing on the internet about the conversation material. So, Multi-Crossover Debate Arena.
>>
>>53603652
It always bugs me when people say OP, because they never include OP for goddamn what. A single target mind control effect on a single person can be OP in Worm, but damn near useless in DC. Captain America is OP for the Sports jump. A couple perks from Youtube could make you OP for Stand-Up Comedy. Instant teleportation combined with that perk that tracks the fighters is apparently OP for Dragon Ball Z.

This wasn't meant to bitch you out or anything, but it's getting to be a real annoyance how vaguely people throw out that term.
>>
>>53603664
You only get a sealing designation if you do something unique that no one else can. Kayneth is a one in a million mage, he doesn't get one because other mages could do what he does. Touko is arguably not as good a magus as Kayneth but she has an utterly unique quality to her.
>>
>>53603720
No, I 100% agree, and it's what I meant when I said "Op depends on the setting". I should have specified that what is OP in one setting isn't in another.
>>
File: jc10.jpg (260KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jc10.jpg
260KB, 600x600px
>>53603612
...wait, really? That's your standard for "OP"? In a setting where Mewtwo, Lugia and Arceus are things?

>Aura and physical fitness

Someone said a while back all the serious trainers are massively buff, though. Isn't there a guy who can benchpress boulders?

>such a good leader

It's on me, but I'm really not leader material.

I'd just slack off somewhere and train or something.

>a gun

I'm positive most of the more powerful pokemon would just be made angry by guns.

>if they weren't superhumanly durable
>if

That's a pretty big qualifier. It's just a sniper rifle and there are loads of moves that negate physical attacks.

Also, dude. It's a sniper rifle in the hands of a 16 year old. Mom's gonna freak

Also, pastebin is crapping itself up so there's a non-zero chance this isn't actually the right build. Trying to look for that outdated doc; I'm almost certain I ended up in a different background and just awkwardly followed the cool kids around.
>>
>>53603652
This started with a comment about people with 100 jumps under their belt. At that point, even with nothing but mundane jumps, you'll be a Batman-like guy who has genius level intelligence and plotting skills, peak human stats, experience with dozens of different fields of skills, incredible wealth tucked away in your warehouse, etc.
>>
File: SURGE!.jpg (43KB, 516x504px) Image search: [Google]
SURGE!.jpg
43KB, 516x504px
>>53603738
>all the serious trainers are massively buff
Instantly thought of this.
>>
>>53603711
>We're debating right now even!
Debating over what? I wasn't aware that I was even entered into a debate. If you want to insist that you're right over something I'm not going to waste time arguing with you over it.
>>
So, theoretically, how would the plot of Worm change if Taylor's shard was the equivalent of Perfect Communication Skills and a bevvy of other Social/Leadership/Planning abilities?
>>
>>53603763
It stopped being about people with 100 jumps under their belt when anon tried to prove that 5 jumps randomly chosen can make something OP.

If you're trying to force the "if you don't munchkin you're insane" point across again you should just do it blatantly. There isn't any difference at this point anyways.
>>
>>53603897
Go back to SB.
>>
>>53603901
>can make something OP
Not can. Will. Always.
>>
>>53603910
Leave him alone, that isn't Dirge. Dirge is the only one that should be locked up there in exile
>>
So what is the biggest/best castle I can buy?
>>
Damn...you guys don't know the difference between a conversation or a debate, huh? You think everything's a debate?
>>
>>53603955
Light of Terra
>>
>>53603612
Both >>53603783 and >>53603738 make really good points. Pokemon doesn't make you nearly as OP as you think it does. Aside from all the characters with more experience, and better skills and resources than you, the legendary pokemon can still easily kill you even if you have guns and psionics or aura.
>>
Are there any perks that can make my armor's defense scale with my durability?
>>
File: Blitz T. Abrams.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Blitz T. Abrams.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53602629
kekkai sensen
>>
>>53603910
>Worm is an SB jump now
>>
>>53603972
Are you under the impression that most people here are well adjusted and productive members of society with healthy social lives?
>>
>>53603985
Being a defense-focused warrior in Overlord gives you the ability to make your armor impossible to break or get damaged.
>>
>>53603955
There's a living demon castle in Hero BBS. It's pretty neat.

You also get a castle in the Disgaea DLC (along with your own netherworld)
>>
>>53603897
Taylor, being Taylor, would find some way to fuck it up.
>>
>>53600432
It'll take me more then a week but it is coming eventually. Noting stuff as I go to try and reduce the time it'll take once I finish reading.
>>
>>53604077

You finish exams yet?
You finish jumps yet?
>>
File: jc12.png (155KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jc12.png
155KB, 500x281px
>>53603783
Man, I wish I had that pic of Archie wrestling the big water 'mon.

Also, aha! I knew that Umineko writeup was based on some kind of reference!

[Pokemon]

Drawbacks: Wanted, Marked (1500)

Region: Hoenn.

Drop-In, age 16

Starter: Ralts

Combat Training (Free)
Blend-In (1350)
Savant (1050)
Champ In The Making (750)
Medical Kit (700)
Physical Fitness (600)
Freerunning (500)
Survival Training (400)
Sniper Rifle (0)

So apparently my build was...The Bourne Ultimatum, but with pokemon? And childhood friends.

There were probably a lot of The Raid-style corridor fights where people tried to kidnap the girl next door, and I crept out of the shadows to silently brain them with a muffled frying pan or something while my soon-to-be Gardevoir did all the psychic black hole stuff. And she just rolled her eyes because I wasn't around to taste her bento.

Or intense chases on rooftops while all the cool kids were sitting around watching fireflies, talking about all their childhood promises and hopes for the future. Only for me to blunder in and go "H-HI GUYS WHAT UP HOWS ABOUT A NICE COOL BERRY JUICE FOR THE GUY WHO TOTALLY DIDN'T SAVE YOU ALL FROM ARSON HA HA also could someone please GENTLY take this pokeknife out of my ribs"

And our grand adventure to go capture wild pokemon would actually be my plan to keep everyone who could be used as a hostage out of the line of fire. They'd go off marvelling at nature, I'd hang back and set rope/pit/spike traps behind us. Eventually we'd find an excuse to detour back near civilisation, and I'd find a good vantage point to get the local don in my crosshairs.

...I'm not sure how well Gar actually coped with all this. On the one hand, babby Ralts. On the other hand, knight pokemon.
>>
>>53602734
>Nicol Bolas
>Ensbringers
Why are you trying to get him to beat entities who could casually steamroll 90% of the enemies in the chain? That's kind of a shitty threshold to be considered "OP".
>>
>>53604133
Where's your Gardivoir now?
>>
The tech absorption in both Metroid and USM say the Armor/Symbiote needs to power the tech itself which limits it's usefulness. Can it absorb tech that includes a power source or absorb power sources for use in fueling tech?
>>
File: jc2.png (1MB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
jc2.png
1MB, 1344x756px
>>53604207
Oh, that's what my starter evolves into! Figured she did quite a bit of evolving what with all the enemy trainers we must've run into in those days. I called her Gar because I am bad at names, because I prefer to plan for the future and because Raltsia is a bad name even by my standards.
>>
>>53604242
No, I know that, I'm asking where they are hundreds of jumps later.
>>
>>53604193
If you want to raise dead shitposts again why don't you just go shit on a SB jumpmaker or something.
>>
>>53601357
Collector does not give a Gate. I don't believe I've ever said that. I'm pretty sure I remember right too given how popular the questions about the Gate were.

Knight of Honour could be made to do that but it would take a pretty big hit to the power each weapon is enhanced by to do so, given it's removing a big limitation of the ability.

>>53601623
>>53601642
Correct, you can take it at EX.

>>53601846
Collector is an entirely different thing from the Gate. They are connected but very much not the same thing.

>>53602234
If you're going to bandy about my name, have some actual proof to back it up. I can't remember ever saying what you claim me to say and I'm actively saying it's wrong too. Collector is NOT the dimension.

>>53602927
It is not a vault. The vault is the NP.
>>
Ranma 1/2
Warehouse time 89
Drop in 1000
12 year old female
Blank pool, chose wolpentinger curse
Home making skills free
Safe place to stand 600
Medical genius 400
Pressure points and moxibustation 0
Copycat technique -300

Items
Barrel of jusenkyo water -500 (boy/girl version)
Flask of water of life -600

Drawbacks
Seppuku curse -300
Curse of cat fist -200
Fiance magnet 0

Can you imagine a creature half as cute as a wolpentinger? I dont think you can.
>>
>>53604101
A few more days till exams are done.
Once they're done, I can get back to focused work on jumps. Have still been working on them (Copious, copious notes for Dies Irae as I read through, helping Rose with her Bastard jump, doing lots of stage 1 work on Nier and such)
>>
>>53604315
Mind if I ask, what would Charisma EX be like?
>>
>>53604340

You no get A
You no get job to eat Vegemite
Get back to work
>>
>>53603097
>Gil's probably going to kidnap jumper to try to get them to give him immortality at some point.
Are you retarded? He literally has a method of granting immortality and chooses not to use it because he finds the idea distasteful.
>>
>>53604340
are you taking requests for jumps?
>>
>>53604381
Something bordering on mind control I'd imagine. If not just being mind control through sheer force of personality. You could pretty much tell people to do things and they'd do them. Even those with enough will to resist, a rare prospect, would find it near impossible to not like you and be at least a little influenced by you. It'd also take a lot more to negate your charisma in terms of other Servant Skills or abilities.
>>
is this the real thread
>>
>>53604416
That's one of thread's memes. Gil is a terrible person is every way and whatever good there is to him is overhyped.
>>
>>53604410
My only aim is a pass.
Never mix pleasure and work.
I always work.

>>53604421
Nah, got too much to do already. I mean you can always suggest something and I might get to it eventually but I really do want to start getting through my claims this month.
>>
>>53604467
We don't have a FF15 jump and JRPGs seem like your thing?
>>
File: jc7.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jc7.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>>53604271
Oh.

Gar's...had a bit of a rough time, for fairly obvious reasons. Being a psychically sensitive pokemon owned by an obsessive compulsive transdivine sociopath wannabe hivemind isn't healthy. Eventually, we had to put a bit of distance between us for her sake.

But. Turns out years of companion stasis only to come out and find the whole world's changed and your trainer hooked up with several demon goddesses isn't great either.

Along with my PMD partner and Elodie, she'd eventually form the committee of companions opposing the worst of my schemes. When I started to chill out and go less...despair-y, we started to reconnect again because at that point I'd learned to modulate my mind better.

It's just, we both know things can't go back to the way they were. I've just gone too far from what I started out as, and for all that she's changed-she's still a pokemon at heart. And I'm simply...more.

We're still a team, in a sense. Gar's my Pokemon Friday for all those above board, finicky tasks that happen on a human scale, like running companies.

When she speaks on my behalf, every being I hold authority over LISTENS.

>>53604410
>you no get to eat Vegemite

But that's a good thing
>>
>>53604561
Nah, I love FF15 to bits but I can't say I'm actually that interested in making it into a jump. It's a fantastic game (Even accounting for the massive cut parts and the flaws it has) but it doesn't really have anything that interests me terribly much jump wise, since the best part of the game was just the main characters interacting.
>>
>>53603388
Why the fuck are you bitching about this on a /roleplaying/ board of all places? Are you going to say /tg/ campaigns usually depict actual historical events, no imagination necessary?
>>
>>53604416
Why does he need to sap youth from orphans then. Why.
>>
File: ayla.jpg (796KB, 800x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ayla.jpg
796KB, 800x1050px
Notice any weird trends in your Companion roster?

Help I can't stop picking up wild women/cavewomen.
>>
>>53604658
Is bringing up old shitposting your hobby, or do you actually think any of them were being serious?
>>
>>53604678
Because that's not the real Gil. That's Archer Gil who is basically a ghost of Gil from his most dickish point in life that can only stick around as long as he has a flow of prana due to Servant mechanics. (He was also doused with corrupted grail mud, so even though he's not pure evil like a normal corrupted Servant due to his ego, he's still way more dickish than he would usually be)
>>
>>53604737
>Gil was the faker all along

pottery
>>
>>53604678
He's not sapping them for shits and giggles. He's using them as prana batteries so he doesn't disappear from existence.
>>
File: itwasdestiny.png (516KB, 993x897px) Image search: [Google]
itwasdestiny.png
516KB, 993x897px
>>53604697
WHY ARE SO MANY DIFFICULT WOMEN IN MY PARTY

WHY DO THEY KEEP PETTING MY HEAD

SEND HELP
>>
>>53604697
Shipping, so much shipping, various companions with at least one love interest with similar interests or passions.
>>
>>53604737
...I WAS talking about that exact Archer Gilgamesh who got doused in corrupted grail you fucking pot calling kettle black, you fucking idiot. Jumper had a way of giving him a way to keep his existence infinite and he wanted to kidnap them for that exact purpose. That is what I meant.
>>
>>53604775
_NO_
>>
>>53604697
...boobs?

Wouldn't call that 'weird' though.
>>
>>53602750
Jump # 134 East vs West
Background: Drop In (0)
Nation: United States of America
Starting Location: Washington DC (50)

Perks:
*Solid Judgement (50)
*Kooks and Creeps (100, Discount)
*Skilled Networker (400)
Companions
*Import X 8 (400)

Sometimes I hate myself and what I have to do. I tell myself it’s for the best but sometimes I wonder.
To rise from literally nothing you have to do many unfortunate things, some opponents had to be crushed, deals have to be made. People have to be blackmailed…

I did many regrettable things, never quite breaking my principles but often leaving me feeling dirty. I don’t think I could have done it if I weren’t trying to build a better world.

My rise to power first was as a power broker. I had money, knowledge of the future and enough charisma to charm those I needed to. I chose winners I made kings. Some of them I even half way believed in. Some were so awful I threw up several times after helping them. My companions by the way were beginning to be totally against this. Akitsu, Tamamo and Arcueid wanted to just retire from all of this and live happily, Doom-chan just wanted to take over and build a better country from the scraps of the old. Yu-bel just wanted me to be happy. My Daughters were divided on the subject with Eyes agreeing with most of my wives and Makoto understanding what I was trying to do and supporting me.

(to be continued)
>>
>>53604584
Well that's a pity, oh well.
>>
>>53604818
I suppose that depends on the gender ratio of your companion roster.
>>
>>53604823
Then it became time for me to make my move in to Politics. I am in a Lesbian Bigamist Marriage so it took me a while to change society so that it was ok. Thank you thousand streams from Exalted Lunars for helping me make America much more chill about that stuff. I became a congresswoman from Washington DC. I made friends on both sides of the Isle and began to work to improve our economic situation.

I managed to save Kennedy though he soon had to resign for health reasons (and didn’t live very long after that) Still somehow I felt I had saved America’s innocence.

I did wind up in the white house but only for the end of my plans. Many things I started at the start of my journey came to fruition.

I began to use a mixture of trying to keep the Soviet Union spending more than they could afford to keep up with our military along with economic attacks. I starved them on both ends and they finally broke leaving us the final Super power. I was the one who told them to tear down the wall.
>>
>>53604763
I did know that, jumper had a way to keep Gilgamesh's existence going without needing prana from the kids is what I meant, stupid.
>>
>>53604828
Have you asked Heavens? He's our resident Final Fantasy jumpmaker.
>>
>>53604869
"OH LOOK AT ME, I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!!!!"
>>
>>53604837
I think I have like, three guys. Maybe four.

Um, Percy Jackson, Crimeboy, maybe Chrom, and maybe Sheogorath.

the others, which is somewhere around 20, are all women.
>>
>>53604919
Can I pretend to be retarded if I announce it well in advance?
>>
>>53604927
That was a man boobs joke. Where is Crimeboy from?
>>
File: Bobby-This is.jpg (226KB, 800x642px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby-This is.jpg
226KB, 800x642px
>>53604775

One of us bro
>>
>>53604944
No, maybe, perhaps? You can't trick anyone if you tell them the trick unless you're really good at reverse psychology. Don't tell anyone you're retarded, they'll think you're dumb more sincerely that way, probably.
>>
File: jc5.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jc5.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>>53604697
...they're all evil overlasses or paragons of virtue? I seem to have a thing for moral extremes of great conviction in either direction.

And the amoral but misunderstood, or embittered into villainy.

Either way, when I say "weird trend" I mean "honeymoons keep devolving into cosmic catfights"

>>53604775
YOU SEND HELP NOW AND I'LL SEND HELP BACK, THEY'RE BREAKING DOWN THE DOOR AGAIN
>>
>>53604978
So, it would work at making them think I was retarded, which would damage the act of making them think I was retarded?
>>
File: 1470587332871.jpg (17KB, 209x272px) Image search: [Google]
1470587332871.jpg
17KB, 209x272px
>>53604984
ALRIGHT WE'RE IN FUCKIN CAHOOTS NOW LET'S GO
>>
File: headpatting intensifies.jpg (77KB, 538x499px) Image search: [Google]
headpatting intensifies.jpg
77KB, 538x499px
>>53604775
>WHY DO THEY KEEP PETTING MY HEAD

Because adorables.
>>
>>53605003
Yyyyyeeeennnnooooyyyeee. . .Maaaybe? I guess it would be retarded to tell them the trick ahead of time and then act retarded for no reason, thus helping your case (which people are less likely to believe), but if they're reading these posts here they may think you're trying to pull the double retard bluff and think you to be retarded for trying to pull a fast one in plain view.
>>
>>53604952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKHxzfmAOY
>>
>>53604914
Thanks, I didn't know.

>>53605016
Since Valeria isn't interested, are you taking requests for jumps?
>>
File: dance.png (233KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
dance.png
233KB, 640x384px
Jumpers, what is the most improbable power you've ever worked into a dance routine, and how did you do it?

Was it stylish, or did you do it just so you could say you did?
>>
File: 1461105531878.jpg (161KB, 910x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1461105531878.jpg
161KB, 910x1024px
>>53605085
GOD NO. I've barely even touched my claim list for several months and I've already got a set idea of what I wanna do. I've just been slacking off and/or writefagging instead. Also I'm broke right now so that's a bit of a pressing concern when I'm not relaxing

I need to finish Mother: Cognitive Dissonance first or a certain someone will eat my soul, anyways
>>
>>53603720
>but damn near useless in DC
No? In fact it can be even more dangerous than in Worm. Mind control a super genius like Lex Luthor. Or someone comparable to Superman who doesn't have magic meditation to prevent mind control.
>>
>>53603728
Less "sealing designation for talent", more "sealing designation because you hit half the clock tower with attack memes that made them give you their research"
>>
>>53605117
Doormaker, for the backgrounds.
>>
>>53604697
>Looks at companions
>Starter who might or not be an UB
>Billy, Mandy and Grim
>Zero & Mikhail
>Akitsu
>Malefor
>Jackie the Ripper
>Adorjan's Splinter
>Whore of Babylon
>Noelle/Echidna
...so apparently I'm really good at attracting sociopaths of one kind or another?
>>
>>53605117
Sometimes I tie spells to jojo poses for quick casting when I want to do DnD stuff but don't wanna tie the spell in my brain.
>>53604697
>Diarmuid
>Sakura
>Sage Of The Forest
>Gentarou Kisaragi
>Earth Mother Mila when I finish Shadows Of Valentia

no correlation among them.
>>
>>53605121
Mind control is so common in-setting that they've found a million ways to handle the issue. It's also a known factor that they can readily expect. Throw in the occasional in-universe plot-armor and it's mostly a waste of time or a convenient distraction.
>>
>>53604697
Hmm.
Apparently I have a thing for blondes.

Which is total bullshit, because redheads are obviously superior. I blame the Space Jews
>>
>>53605196
>what are master/stranger protocols
>>
>>53605254
Oh yeah, so pretty useless in Worm too, except in the case of magic spells used on Endbringers or some shit.
>>
Is there anything I can use to replace Magnetic Destiny in Hero BBS?
>>
>>53605134
That doesn't earn a sealing designation. That earns attempts to kill you but it doesn't give a "This guy was to cool bring him here so we can see how he ticks" medal.
>>
>>53604697
>pic

Isn't she married?
>>
>>53605254
Reminder that Perfect Communication with Thought Implantation is the strongest Worm build. Without powers you're as good at manipulating as Jack, who need superpowers to be that good at it, and you also have the actually good part of his power cranked up to 11.

>b-b-b-but someone could just snipe you!
Literally every power except Alexandria Package or Quantum Evolution is vulnerable to a bullet in the head when your guard is down, though Soft Physics get a special mention for requiring you to be unconscious instead of merely off-guard.
>>
>>53604718
Anon, when you post something here, there isn't a time limit for how long you have to reply so long as it's in the same thread. Seriously, are you new here?

People reply to posts hours ago either because they live in different time zones or actually have lives. But I guess you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?
>>
>>53605270
To be fair Worms Master/Stranger stuff is hardly perfect. Good, total mental control stuff will be to much for them to handle.
>>
>>53603728
>>53605134
>>53605302
Eh, Sealing Designations seem like nothing more than BS motivated by nothing more then politics and greed. It's a weapon to be used by those who got themselves put in charge of the mages guild against opponents. The wiki says that the practical effects are someone given a designation is placed in virtual prison stopping growth in their special ability. Also, enforcers steal their research.

The de facto requirements of a designation seem to be, 'does the person declaring the sealing designation think they can get away with it.'
>>
>>53604235
That's what I've always assumed.
>>
Does the "capbreaker" effect from Greatest Magician of the Age in DC Occult apply to any magic you have, or just that gained from the jump? The learning rate increase?
>>
>>53604697
I dunno about companions but i tend to pick up soul hitchikers pretty often.

I ended up making a saloon in my soul/mind.
>>
I just thought about it but wouldn't we gain Immortality by defeating the Demon Lord in Hero BBS anyway instead of buying the perk since it would be a reward the Gods tend to give out a lot?
>>
>>53605526
Perks are broadly applicable in their effects unless specifically stated otherwise. Part and parcel of this being a JumpChain. Stuff can carry over into other jumps.
>>
>>53605553
Nothing you gain that isn't a perk or item carries from jump to jump, so no.
>>
>>53605542
This interests me. Could you expand on the nature of your mind-saloon and it's inhabitants.
>>
>>53605553
Probably, not everyone wants to go through the trouble of defeating a demon lord though.
>>
>>53605526
Pretty sure CJ said it was only DC magic. Him being an SBer, which use a slightly different system, this checks out.
>>
>>53605560
>Stuff can carry over into other jumps.
>Nothing you gain that isn't a perk or item carries from jump to jump, so no.
That these were posted right next to each other makes me laugh.
>>
>>53605566
What? Could you link to a QS post stating that or something because this is the first time I've heard that.
>>
>>53605566
No, it's that nothing you don't purchase is resorted if lost or guaranteed to work in other settings' metaphysics. Considering you gain most of what'd be necessary for magic to work for free, the latter should be covered, however you wouldn't get it back if any Mook wizard dispelled it.
>>
>>53605593
>QS post
QS didn't wank that way, but QS is stupid and his rulings are bullshit, so it doesn't matter what he thinks.

It's mostly an old argument about how unless you drop in every time, your backgrounds in each jump don't spontaneously have cybernetics or what have you unless you got them from a perk.
>>
>>53604697
They're all at least a little crazy.
>>
are there any powers like enhanced mastery in the worm jump in any other jumps
>>
How skevy is it to import companions to buy items for you?
>>
>>53605760
Pretty rude to them, at least.
>>
>>53605760
So long as it's mainly theirs and you ask for permission to borrow/study it, I wouldn't consider it skeevy at all.
>>
>>53605698
Adaptability from Wuxia, but it just works on martial arts.
There's also similar abilities in both Batman: Brave and the Bold and Marvel Magic, IIRC.
>>
>>53605526
DC, mostly. There's nothing stopping you from using the extra magical energy with any other systems unless you run with different rules, but in terms of ability with magic itself you're not automatically Kid Merlin in every system.
>>
>>53605760
>How skevy is it to import companions to buy items for you?
Are you duplicating the item somehow so it is like bringing enough to share with the entire class? That is fine.

Are you just borrowing it for a specific task, and you let the companion borrow your stuff like that as well? Also fine.

Straight up they spend CP on it, and now you have one , and they don't? Not kosher.
>>
>>53605760
It's their stuff not yours. For example any armor you buy is sized to them, not you.
>>
>>53605812
Have you put that actual jump in the notes?
When I read a perk I assume it apples in all jump and setting by default.
A martial arts Learning booster makes you good at learning other jumps martial arts stuff for example.
>>
>>53605812
So, it's a shitty learning booster that doesn't apply to out of jump magic? Why the hell have it at all then?
>>
>>53605812
>>53605842
Could use a note, yeah. By how stuff works here, it'd be assumed that it allows you to increase in magical power in any system, and learn at a comparable rate.
>>
>>53605866
Calm down, anon. DC Occult is enough of a cheap powergrab as is.
>>
How is this thread not off the index et?!
>>
If someone wants to make a new thread this one will archive when it posts. If someone doesn't I suggest we go to the spare thread here
>>53598744
and make the one after it list both threads.
>>
>>53605886
Post harder!
>>
>>53605842
>Have you put that actual jump in the notes?
>When I read a perk I assume it apples in all jump and setting by default.
Don't think so.

Actually not 100% sure because I haven't read it in a while, but I'm not sure the perk is actually supposed to make you a genius at magic so much as just give you a bunch of power and an intuitive understanding of how to manipulate it.

>>53605866
Probably because it still makes you absurdly powerful. DC magic is pretty silly. If it automatically buffs all of your magic to that level then it's unbalanced, I think

>>53605877
Far as I'm aware, there are only a handful of perks that actually give boosts to all spells directly instead of just giving you more power to throw around.

I also think you're misunderstanding exactly what it's supposed to do.
>>
>>53605886
No one is making threads. You know what to do anon, make a Succubi thread to drop us off the board.
>>
>>53605891
That was pretty much what I was expected to have happen, we've done this before a few times. I mean we've had 1500, so.
>>
>>53605866
Dood. We're not upset it specifically applies the setting magic system only, just that it makes that assumption without telling you.
Chill.
>>
>>53605897
Uh, not really? Perks that just gave you uncapped power to throw around were pretty much just Leaky Limiter until recently. Certainly, perks that enhance magic in general (making it more efficient, decreasing cost, etc.) are more common.
>>
>>53605897
>Far as I'm aware, there are only a handful of perks that actually give boosts to all spells directly instead of just giving you more power to throw around.
Literally the opposite. Basically no jump gives out magic boosting perks that don't apply to all magic systems out of jump.

It's insane to do otherwise, perks are supposed to be useful outside their own jumps, and a perk that only works with its own setting's magic is considered basically irrelevant to jumpers who'll leave in ten years and never care about or interact with that place again.
>>
Why does the most expensive ship in Homeworld only give you blueprints for 1200 CP? They're cool blueprints but someone who pays that much isn't going to be buying other ships and you cannot keep anything that sized unless you bought it for CP.
>>
>>53605923
>>53605944
Okay, outside of Thousand Master, what perks directly increase the power of all spells you cast, regardless of their origin?

>and a perk that only works with its own setting's magic is considered basically irrelevant to jumpers who'll leave in ten years and never care about or interact with that place again.
I mean. You still have the original system.
>>
>>53605897
>Far as I'm aware, there are only a handful of perks that actually give boosts to all spells
We have several 'you learn better/faster/more efficiently in general' perks that are assumed to apply to anything you learn. And some that are thematic like you are good at learning Psionics/Magic/Martial Arts/Reverse Engineering Stuff etc.

The TL;DR of Greatest Magician sounded like it was have this huge mana pool plus 'you are a natural genius at magic: The perk'

It sounded like it would be broadly applicable to me. Sorry about the confusion.
>>
>>53605897
Ah, well this line makes it sound like an "uncapper" perk.

>But you will never reach a point where your magic cannot grow further.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>
>>53605965
Black Mage capstone, FFI.
Most of the Dresden perks.
Sorcery, PGtE.
Etc, etc.
>>
>>53604697
They're family? Either through adoption or birth for most of them.
>>
>>53605965
Most of them? I mean, it's not exactly hard to figure out. Most perks which boost something (magic, psionics, etc.) apply to such things in general.

Infinity
Power of Zeal
Hasty Hexer
>>
>>53605965
Literally every magic boosting perk in all of jumpchain with the exception of yours is assumed to work on all magic by default unless otherwise stated.

There's no reason to get a magic boosting perk that only works on one magic system, since it means only that specific magic system is improved, and nobody bothers sticking to only one of those anyway. All it means is that the perk becomes completely irrelevant when they aren't using DC magic, completely missing the point of jumpchain.
>>
>>53605801
i cant find the batman one
>>
>>53605567
Ok in no particular order of jumps:

an Inner World from bleach that doubles as Reality Marble. Is basically a, escher-checkerboard with the tiles being parts of the worlds i've been. Jungle next to desert, next to Victorian city, next to horizontal frozen waste next to an upside down ocean...

In that mess of a place I ended up making places to hang out because a lot of not-companions en up inside your head/soul.

A Bijuu, Isobu from Naruto. Usually chilling on a Sea/Lake Tile.

An inner hollow and an inner yhwach. Funny thing in bleach. I tried to do the same Aizen did. It sorta worked becasue perks.

Chompy, my ship abomination/Kantai Abyssal rig. Also Chilling on sea tiles.

Werewolf soul from Ynnistrad and Beast from bloodborne mucking about in green tiles. Bickering for whatever soul-alter-egos bicker about.

Black blood weapon from Soul Eater. At least can "walk by himself" he says. The landscape does him good.

The representation of the evil i have absorbed in Shadow of the Colossus Is just a big shadow thing slowly walking in the distance. It doesnt really do anything but wander around "Far away" I mean , it's always all the way to the unless i actually try to go to him.

A few guys I ate with Hellsing vampirism. Still creeps me out the ability so I've been keeping it to a minimum. They seem to have accepted they fate and just muck about seeing what I do, taning on a beach tile or whatever. I dont know if I should be creeped out of how well they have been taking this...

And a Dragon sacred Gear I "Acquired", whom I spent a good week in relative time "explaining this shit". So i make a few favors to Azazel, the Grigori boss and managed to get the pieces he had of the Dark Dragon on the pretence of "you owe me" and "I know you want to see what happens"

I has gotten to the point I have started making up buildings in there becasue I'd reather not risk boredom-insanity Even if they say not to have a problem.
>>
>>53605971
>>53605980
>>53605996
No, see, that kind of stuff still works. You still have all the extra magical power to throw around and you can use the energy with any system. But the perk doesn't arbitrarily make a spell more powerful without shoving extra energy into it. And looking at it, it also doesn't really increase your learning rate. So actually the things it does give apply to all of your magic.
>>
>>53600897
> Class: Caster (275)
> Strategy is 'shoot *all* the guns' a la EMIYA/Gilgamesh.

These two do not go together, anon.
>>
>>53606035
Sorry.
The jump is actually called Batman the Animated Series.
Perk is called All Star Training.
>>
>>53606077
thank you
Thread posts: 530
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.