[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character sheets, like it or not, are one of the most important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Evo_CharacterSheet.pdf (313KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Evo_CharacterSheet.pdf
313KB, 1x1px
Character sheets, like it or not, are one of the most important element in RPGs. It represents your character, what they can do, and what they carry around. It's the catalyst through which you prevent your narrative character to be a freeform mess.

I love designing them, and I love looking at well designed sheets. What are the best character sheets you've come across? Do you prefer vertical or horizontal sheets? What's the advantage of one over the other? Do you prefer style, or simplicity? Do you prefer two pages making one single sheet even if it's slightly cramped, or are you okay with more than 2 pages per character? Post your favorite charsheets!

I really like this alternate design for Shadowrun 5e.
>>
>not just playing freeform
>>
File: Alt-pg-front.jpg (240KB, 1582x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Alt-pg-front.jpg
240KB, 1582x2048px
DnD 5e's sheets and alternates like this one are also really nice to look at; I love the blend of simplicity and design and those very subtle boxes to keep everything together in small categories.

Forgot to put it in the OP, but have you designed any sheets for an already published system, a homebrew, or something of your own?
>>
File: Sil CS.jpg (465KB, 1600x1248px) Image search: [Google]
Sil CS.jpg
465KB, 1600x1248px
>>
>>53593458
I'm kinda curious what this is just based on the sheet alone. Is it just called Sil or is that an abbreviation?
>>
>>53593881
No, that's the character sheet for a Sil. There are separate character sheets for Xylen and Kalei.

Kind of suprised you don't recognize it. The game should enjoy a certain degree of infamy around here.
>>
>>53593881
The game is Eoris Essence. It has 3 different character sheets for different player options for "races" that are more "classes" but more your soul or whatever.
>>
>>53593458
i've seen this posted a bunch of times around /tg/ and i'll never understand it
i'll never understand why it has that "faux JRPG made in RPG Maker by a secret of mana fan" vibe to its looks
>>
>>53594493
The character sheet or the game behind it?
>>
>>53593955
Oddly enough, no, it's the first time I've run across it. I may just frequent the wrong threads for that.

>>53593961
Thanks, checking it out now.
>>
>>53594537
the character sheet, i've no idea what that game is
>>
>>53594544
If you're looking for a game to play? Don't bother.
But it's worth checking out as an utterly incomprehensible but lovingly created work of art.

>>53594545
Then I don't understand how you're making that connection either.
>>
>>53594578
i'm talking specifically about the charsheet's looks, nothing else
it looks like what you'd find in a current year rpg maker game mimicking a PS1-era JRPG
>>
>>53594588
Well, I've been staying very far away from RPG Maker the last couple years, so I wouldn't have any impression of what you're talking about.
Got any specific example that's a dead ringer for this character sheet?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.