[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 57

File: brion.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
brion.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
i made a thread edition

NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
whats is your favorite deck archtype and why? tokens, super friends, voltron, combo, etc
>>
If you had to choose between Reanimate, Necromancy, Animate Dead, and Victimize for a slot in your deck, which would you choose and why?
>>
>friends from work trying to get me back into magic
>Hey lets play a game of commander!
>nevermind that you have no idea what the goal of the deck is or what the fuck any of the cards do
>hurry up the next round of the tournament is starting
>>
>>53592199
Discords are cancer filled with avatarfagging circle jerks. Please advertise your discord on Reddit where it belongs.
>>
>Commander 2017 Spoilers
>http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html
So, if true, then two of the tribes are humans and dragons.

Any guesses as to the other two?
>>
>>53592075
Reanimate. For B you get a creature, with a negligible downside in a 40 life format, and without doubling up your opponent's chances to kill it. Maybe Victimize if you're running a lot of high CMC creatures to bring back.
>>53592199
No.
>>
>>53592235
the human guy is part of the dragon deck, there are more legendaries in each one cause only 4 decks this time around
>>
>>53592235
Taigam is Dragon support, and WU+BRG is the full pie. If you think Taigam means it's humans then the other tribes are cats and spirits.
>>
I'm fairly new to EDH (and magic in general) and I have a question about Experiment Kraj. Lots of cards mention themselves by name in their abilities, like Master Biomancer for instance. "Each other creature you control enters the battlefield with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to Master Biomancer's power and as a Mutant in addition to its other types." If I +1/+1 Master Biomancer Kraj will get his effect, but does it do anything since Kraj isn't named Master Biomancer?
>>
>>53592219
>>53592249
Alright then I'll be back on OP duty again.
>>
File: NewCards.png (3MB, 1354x1246px) Image search: [Google]
NewCards.png
3MB, 1354x1246px
Table is running current monogods, got hazoret. Gimme suggestions aside from Squee/Norin.
>>
File: 1492510191317-v.jpg (67KB, 276x328px) Image search: [Google]
1492510191317-v.jpg
67KB, 276x328px
>>53592048
>What's your favorite deck archetype?
Probably enchantress and/or stax/control, control being mostly creature/permanent hate, since i don't run many counterspells usually in any of my decks.
In my casual Rafiq, I don't think I run any counterspells, in Hanna stax I run 4 Decree of Silence included, about 8-10 in my T&L deck which is about to be deconstructed and 11 in my Memnarch artifacts deck, which is probably lower, since I just check them at tappedout which I haven't updated in ages.
Both T&L and Memnarch run Trickbind and Stifle that are counted and Mental Misstep as well.
>>
>>53592048
>whats is your favorite deck archtype and why?
Usually balls to the wall aggro, why wait for the control player to set up or take 5 turns to really do anything
>>
>>53592048
>whats is your favorite deck archtype and why? tokens, super friends, voltron, combo, etc

I N F E C T

love watching durdly do nothing players get rekt
>>
>>53592327
Experiment Kraj only copies activated abilities, not replacement effects like Master Biomancer. That's just for future knowledge. But all copy effects implicitly replace the original card name with the new card name. So if you had, say, a Thornling, which has {G}: Thornling gains Trample until end of turn, with a +1/+1 counter on it, Kraj would have {G}: Experiment Kraj gains Trample until end of turn.
>>
>>53592371
>waaa 4chan wont advertise my shitty circle jerk

fuck off
>>
File: Coffin Queen_TE.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Coffin Queen_TE.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53592075
I like permanent based reanimation, such as Phyrexia Delver, Necromancy, Dance of the Dead and Animate Dead, but easily the favorite one is Coffin Queen.
She's an absolute workhorse on my Ayli cleric tribal and constantly recurring big guys such as Angel of Despair and the better version of her that's the archon I never remember the name of. Repeatable reanimation is the key, since I usually focus on long term value instead of silver bullets.
>>
My new commander deck is filled with defenders and walls. Led by Doran, The Siege Tower.
>>
>>53592483
Doran is now a tree/the moon
You don't have enchant hate in hand
Wat do
>>
>>53592529
Play A Salt Form A Ton.
>>
>>53592550
Correct play
>>
>>53592437
Dude chill, that was a neutral response at worst. Just relax man
>>
>>53592615
doesnt change the fact that that you are trying advertize your shitty discord (which is against the global rules of 4chan btw). go back to r/eddit with that crap
>>
>>53592468
I can second Coffin Queen being great in a grindy reanimator deck. I got one for Shirei and it's easily one of my favorite cards in that deck.
>>
>>53592468
>>53592727
Coffin Queen is just a massive target on your head. Playing this with something spooky in your graveyard will just draw the table's full aggro.

Reanimate is the best because it allows for the most explosive plays and has practically no downside. Like you could go turn 1 Dark Rit->Entomb->Reanimate and end up with a turn 1 Jin Gitaxis or something similar.

Permanent-based reanimation is basically adding another way to stop your reanimation. Like Animate Dead basically says "this creature also dies to enchantment removal."
>>
>>53592468
i never knew this card existed, into meren it goes
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 223x310px
>>53592048
>whats your favorite deck archetype and why?
maximum synergy decks are my favorite, even if they have shitty themes or based on a bad mechanic, decks that interact with every other piece in the deck really get my mana rocks off
some personal favorites, Zada spellslinger, Aethreos shadowborn apostles, Venser bounce, Atraxa charge counters, Gitrog.dec, Reaper King five-color jank
>>
>>53592751
Luckily for me my play group targets me every time for no fucking reason no matter what I do so I can put whatever the fuck I want in my decks.
>>
File: 0BeV5za.png (292KB, 378x500px) Image search: [Google]
0BeV5za.png
292KB, 378x500px
>>53592804
My group is the same way too :(
>>
>>53592819
I don't even understand why. I can't even remember the last time I won a game.
>>
>>53592833
Usually ends up being your playstyle or your skill level.

Basically my hatred stemmed after one of my playgroup mates started keeping track of our wins and putting them into percentages. So the Commander win rate average should be around 25% (4 players in a game, each player wins an equal amount of times, etc). He said my ratio was around 68%.

So every time we play and someone mercilessly goes after me for no reason (like I've barely developed a board/mulligan'd into oblivion) they say "Look how much he wins" or "he wins 68% of the time."

Win rates have been the bane of my existence and I also have to keep my competitive decks on lock-and-key because no one wants to play against them anymore.

Also I generally favor more stax/lockdown and people don't find them fun except for me.
>>
>>53592646
It's been in the OP for the past month and has almost 70 users. I think you can let go of the notion it's not relevant. No one is forcing you to join but it's going back in the OP because it's a resource for the majority of users.
>>
>>53592866
>Basically my hatred stemmed after one of my playgroup mates started keeping track of our wins and putting them into percentages.
Holy shit, talk about cancer.
>>
>>53592866
We all started playing EDH when the 2015 precons came out and we each had one. I was the first person to start buying cards and changing the deck. I am also the one who builds lots of decks cause I am the only one with a decent job. I think they all perceive me as the most dangerous cause I have cards they have never heard of (even if most of them are like dollar bulk rares).

I just ended up building Gwafa pillow fort and now no one can really do anything to me or anyone else cause I say no.
>>
>>53592868
>resource
>sperging about "competitive"
>sperging about "budget"
>just sperging
It's exactly as useful as the thread except instead of having two people with names, one of whom is a judge, we have 70 people with names, all of whom are retarded.
>>
>>53592921
I think the issue is, while I think I'm a pretty good player/deckbuilder, no one really "dedicates" to a deck. Like everyone has ADD and is trying to build the new hotness every week while I've been sticking to my guns for years. Like I build new decks but I've had some decks together for years, just with edits and tweaks as I go.

So really it's just a matter of me understanding my decks better and tuning them as much as possible which people perceive as "skill."
>>
>>53592923
>I don't like this thing so no one should use this thing

If I had a nickel every time I see this childish argument in this general alone I could be a professional shitposter.
>>
>>53592866
I had the same problem with one of my past groups. My win rate was something like 75-80%. I found the solution was to build decks that makes the game take as long as possible, so that it gets to the point where nobody really cares who wins anymore. I built a Horobi, Death's Wail and a Venser, Shaper Savant who both excelled at making the game last forever. I also feel like some kind of group life gain deck could have worked just as well. I still won most of the time, but if enough interaction happens in the game, people tend to forget about who hits 0 first, and remember more about the sick plays. Another tip I could give is to focus on being an emphatic group player. Like when someone does something, even if it's not that cool, or kind of a shit play, get all excited and be over the top about it. I find people like to keep you in the game if they're having fun with you.
>>
>>53592048
>thread question
I'm a tempo man, so my decks are usually flexible with battlecruiser leanings. I've been dipping into more combo/control pieces recently though.
>>
I want to make a zombie token flood gisa&geralf or Thraximundar deck

What are good cards for this?
So far i got:
>army of the D
>zombie apocalypse
>lillys mastery
>endless ranks of the dead
>dark salvation
>death baron, lord of the accursed, lord of the undead
>rooftop storm

Are there any more "fuckton of zombies" cards i havn't found yet?
>>
>>53592219
>>53592249
>M-muh anon is LEEJUN
>>
>>53593082
I've begun shifting my focus away from the stax stuff into more "do crazy shit" stuff. It gets you less hate and is still competitive generally. I do like playing shutout cards (like Torpor Orb is one of my favorite cards) but we all have to make sacrifices.

My politics have kinda devolved into my deck style, which is to not be overtly threatening until you win. So generally I lean into spellslinger decks that don't typically have much of a board presence so I can't be outright perceived as the threat.

I also try to find common enemies with people early in the game and it often means like "Let me do this crazy thing because it helps deal with the problem on board."
>>
>>53593132
Noosegraf Mob
Relentless dead
Cryptbreaker
Diregraf Colossus
Graf Harvest
>>
>>53592866
Sounds like you're shit as politics.
>>
>>53593247
Hey, you can only haggle your way out of so many situations.
>>
>>53592375
Worldfire is banned. Go with Decree of Annihilation. Get a copy of Dual Casting.

Considering you're up against all mono-color decks... Boil, Boiling Seas, Flashfires, Anarchy, Omen of Fire, Blood Moon, Curse of Marit Lage, Heat Wave, Magnetic Mountain, Scald, Havoc, Magistrate's Veto, Red Elemental Blast, Pyroblast.

War's Toll is good for you, too.

Also from the look of your current spells you badly want to have an Isochron Scepter.
>>
>>53593253
I mean at best keeping track of winrates is a way to even the odds in deck power discrepency. At worst it was a political move to put you in their sights. Either way, you've dug yourself in a shitty political situation.
>>
>>53593253
Sounds like you need to start tracking win rates.

Then tell everyone that [that guy] has a 73% win rate.
>>
>>53593272
Well one of our members was keeping track of our winrates privately, it's not like we said "let's track our winrates and see how we do." He was just keeping a personal tally of wins and a couple weeks ago he let slip what our winrates were.

My politics worked pretty well for years but now whenever I try to make a political maneuver (even if it's literally "I'm trying to not die and we need to kill this guy because he's about to kill us all") I get "68% winrate" as a response.

Hell it's even gotten to the point where people will choose to kamikaze me or dick me over on the way out because of a winrate I never asked to be tracked.
>>
File: IMG_8738.png (2MB, 791x1107px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8738.png
2MB, 791x1107px
okay...
i have 200$ to spend
should i get
>the card i need to finish my competitive deck, imperial recruiter

or
>200$ towards my stax deck
>>
Why is fork much more than reverberate? I am aware of the reserved list but they do the same damn thing

>>53593352
That card art is awful but to answer your question I would finish the stax since stax is always fun
>>
>>53593446
Because reverberate has been printed a hundred times more often.
>>
>>53593475
Actually reverberate had less printings than fork
>>
>>53593352
>competitive EDH
>Anime alter
>can't make basic decisions on his own
Take those 200$, buy a gun and hang yourself.
>>
>>53593352
I'm new to magic so I'm trying to figure out why certain cards are really good and such, but why is Imperial Recruiter a $250 card? Besides the fact that as far as I can tell it was only printed once. Not many tutors in Red?
>>
>>53593506
The printing numbers 20 years ago were tiny compared to today.
>>
>>53593005
literally against the rules of 4chan you colossal faggot, global rule 11
>>
>>53593530
legacy staple that was only printed a billion years ago. its also a red tutor

welcome to magic were wizards of the cost refuses to reprint cards because less than 1% of the player base, many of whom dont even play magic and have not for years, will get butt hurt
>>
>>53593517
Don't forget to tell him to OD first.
>>
>>53592199
>>53592371
>>53592615
>>53592868
At least stop using the proprietary web-based shit that is discord and use a real VOIP program like mumble. At least then you'd be less of a faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 340x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 340x272px
>>53593530
Portal Three Kingdoms was a foreign-only print. Not only were the cards run in extremely small prints, but none were sold inside the US (besides aftermarket of course)
>>
>>53592999
With my playgroup I think it's more the dedication to a theme than anything.

I have a talrand deck that's stuffed full with counterspells, cantrips, and a few decent creatures to polymorph into. My playgroup sees it as oppressive because it's easy for me to take over the table due to consistency and the dedication to my theme.

When other people in my playgroup build decks they always stuff in a pretty big amount of goodstuff. They always put in copy spells, always reanimation, etc.
>>
>>53593256
Blood Moon has significantly less impact in mono-colour. It'll make someone's temple of the false god half as effective and a couple other things.
>>
File: CMDVS_Rules.jpg (290KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CMDVS_Rules.jpg
290KB, 1600x900px
>>53593191
>>53592866

Honestly, If that's a regular group you should suggest starcitygame's Commander Versus rules. If you're actually that much better than everyone else you will still get targeted more often, but they'll have motivation to attack the other people on occasion. They're also decent at checking how much of an asshole a single player can be and still "win", by the end of the match due to the points system.
>>
I really do not see why Yisan is considered extremely powerful in commander.

I am not saying that he is not good, or that his ability is weak. But he just seems to be a very fragile and easily disrupted.

His ability requires an activation cost, tapping, and several turns of investment until it really goes off.

He is a mono green general with no way of searching up artifacts or enchantments that compliment his ability.

He does nothing upon entering the battlefield and has no way of protecting himself unless he happens to be able to search something up. Once he goes down you essentially have to start over again.

It just seems like a deck that can easily stomp people who don't put basic removal and wraths into their decks or just let him set up without disrupting him.
>>
File: thassa.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
thassa.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Anyone have a Thassa list to share?
>>
>>53594511
>I have to run removal in this format?
The bar for powerful in EDH is set very very low.
>>
>>53593517
pic not related
projecting?
>>
File: 1494149260547.png (554KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
1494149260547.png
554KB, 500x725px
>>53592048
Redpill me on 1v1 commander, /tg/? Is it the patrician way to play the game?
>>
>>53594771
1v1 is the best way to play magic since it is literally designed for 1v1 play. However multiplayer can be fun to if you aren't playing with sperglords.
>>
>>53592375
Ghirapur Orrery is pretty sweet since you want to be empty handed to attack and block, but you also need to have atleast part of a grip. Plus you can use hazorat as a burn outlet.

Her being a 5/4 also means she holds a sword pretty well, turning your 5 turn clock into a 3 turn one.
>>
>>53594227
Remove the saving another player point. It just stalls games out.

First Blood is a shitty roulette rule that encourages bad plays.

Remove the casting General 4 times Rule. It encourages players to pick only low cmc generals and gives a disadvantage to decks that want to use their generals as a win condition.

Remove the searching rules. They were purely made because it is recorded show and does not take into account cards that require you to search up multiple cards.

Killing Everyone on the same turn should only be for infinite combos. Killing everyone via combat damage on the same turn when they are all under 10 life should not be a penalty.
>>
>>53593517
>disliking anime
you forgot where you are anon
>>
>>53594511
Yisan is consistency, toolbox, and combo packed into one, and he can easily pack stax to slow down opponents. With Wirewood Symbiote, Sylvan Safekeeper and Temur Sabertooth creatures have easy evasion, Symbiote, Scryb Ranger, and Quirion Ranger make for explosive combos, Karametra's Acolyte and Priest of Titania with Umbral Mantle or Staff of Domination gives your elfball/greenball infinite mana, you run Rec Sage, Manglehorn, Caustic Caterpillar, Thought-Knot Seer to help stop your opponents, Thorn of Amethyst, Trinisphere, Root Maze, Sphere of Resistance to slow them down, Sylvan Library, Azusa, Seedborn Muse speed you up...

Yisan needs some setup, that's for sure, he's not capable of T2, T3 wins like Thrasios or Prossh, sure. He's slower, but just as consistent, packs plenty of tricks and grinds out wins as a steady value engine. You say "just wrath him," but a well tuned Yisan with a competent pilot can have a game locked down by T5 at the latest. You'd better be running that new HOD wrath to stop him.
>>
>>53594584
way better in the 99 of pretty much anything else than a commander
>>
>>53594771
1v1 commander is shit
>>
>>53594771
1v1 commander is shitty legacy for autists
>>
>>53592048
>whats is your favorite deck archtype
Tax.dek
>why?
Because I want to play g/W but I also wouldn't mind winning a game or two
>>
>>53594771
>Is it the patrician way to play the game?
It is. Only permavirgins disagree.
>>
>>53593253

If you're winning over 50% of games, and playing a deck that relies on denying other people their fun cards, are you really that surprised that you're getting hated out? Maybe try a different deck for a change.
>>
>>53593940
>use a real VOIP program like mumble
Why does this matter?
>>
>whats is your favorite deck archtype?
BirthingPodCombosAndTutors.dec
>>
>>53594227
>starcitygame's Commander Versus rules
Absolutely cancer
>>
>>53595093
he is calling you fucking retarded for using a newer program that does the same shit as things that have existed for 5ever without being a proprietary pile of horse shit that doesnt support end to end encryption and actively sells your info

he isnt wrong
>>
>>53594771
It's the only way to play on mtgo unless you really want to play a 2 hour edh game by yourself
I mean mtgo is pure shit all together
But I play it a lot both multiplayer and 1v1
Don't be like me, it was an awful idea
>>
>>53594227
Out of all the shitty, cancerous EDH scoring systems, this one is the least awful I've seen posted. Pretty sure >>53594840 would make it fine for home games. Still probably worse than nothing, but a benign sort of cancer.
>>
>>53593352
Finish the deck before you move on
>>
>>53595146
>actively sells your info
Proofs?
>>
>>53594771
Blushing tomboys are the greatest thing ever. Also, 1v1 is better than than multiplayer.
>>
>>53594771
1v1 Commander is OK, but worse than 4-5 Player
If someone says they want to play Duel Commander though, the dedicated 1v1 fork of the format, run away and never look back, it's a black hole of fun that emits only screams of agony and shitposts about vial smasher being powerful as it spaghettifies your soul.
>>
>>53595196
read the EULA
>>
File: Preacher_DK.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Preacher_DK.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>53592727
>>53592751
Eh, the great thing is that it's instant speed and hits every grave instead of just yours. I have multiple times used her in response to someone casting Reanimate or similar cards on their target. It's also great with instant speed sac outlets, so you can just untap her on your turn if you have run out of mana for some reason and you have all the time in the world to sac it before the untap delayed trigger resolves, or you can just let the creature get exiled if you got a big creature opponent has.

I also run Preacher in my list and it's magnificent, especially against voltron shitters. Shame that the card was pretty expensive, but at least it's much better than Evangelize.
>>
File: 38.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
Felt pretty great about my last game loss as Breya.
Everyone banding together and strategizing over how to to possibly kill me before the upkeep trigger would win me the game thanks to my indestructible thopter army was honestly amazing to watch and now I'm considering getting some Archenemy stuff. Is this what DM'ing is kinda like?
>>
File: IMG_3186.jpg (50KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3186.jpg
50KB, 223x310px
>>53593132
>Diregraf colossus
>prized amalgam
>corpse connoisseur
>ghoulcaller gisa
anything that lets you kill yourself
>screeching skaab
>armored skaab
>laboratory brute
>windfall
>jaces archivist
>forbidden alchemy
I just finished making my own gisa and geralf deck (won a tournemant with it on Friday :3 ) a lot of decklists online don't run a lot of blue control cards, but I feel like it's the worth the spot for a few counterpells I also run as planeswalkers
>jace beleren
>liliana deaths majesty
also don't forget to include pic related
>>
Going to play with my group in an hour any advice or quick replacements?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-rakdos-tax-collector/
>>
>>53595492
>playing breya
kill yourself
>>
>>53595611
t.Timmy
>>
File: boxcovermockup.jpg (68KB, 1100x1031px) Image search: [Google]
boxcovermockup.jpg
68KB, 1100x1031px
deckbox building dumbfuck here

i'm going to start a new box project soon. i'm going to be building a box that houses around 1080 cards, possibly to sell to a friend or perhaps to keep for my self. anyone have an idea what kind of art to put on top?

the art needs to be

>simple and iconic
>elegant
>pretty
>doesn't need to be MTG related
>preferably should look sensible upside down as well

it'll either be stenciled on or copied on with a photo transfer. pic related is a mockup of what i'm going for, although i don't know if the guildpact symbol is what i want to use
>>
>>53595492
honestly how awful is your play group that indestructable is a problem or that no one has enchantment removal?
>>
>>53595581
Not sure what kind of advice you're expecting. It's not like we know which cards you have on hand to swap in. But if you have them Vicious Shadows and Thought Prison are nice.
>>
File: 1486838346588.gif (2MB, 399x274px) Image search: [Google]
1486838346588.gif
2MB, 399x274px
>>53595611
>Being so far out of the closest that we can tell you are a flaming homo on an anonymous image board
Impression... Most impressive
>>
>>53595677
Phyrexian Watermark or NPH Expansion symbol
Any sort of celtic knot
Time Spiral symbol
Mock up something heraldic.
>>
>>53595700
Not every playgroup has megacunts like you who run decks that are just 50 tutors and a dozen actual cards, so they don't always have the perfect answers on hand, even if they run them.
>>
>>53595492
My play group would laugh at you if you tried that.
>>
File: IMG_20170603_125541.jpg (266KB, 1440x1681px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170603_125541.jpg
266KB, 1440x1681px
>>53595246
The most I could find was this
>>
>>53595778
my playgroup would simply slash your throat before you even began to assess the threat, you scumfuck
>>
>>53595776
>Not every playgroup has megacunts like you who run interaction
YEAH we all know edh is an expressive format and removal is against the spirit of said format
>>
File: funny meme man.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
funny meme man.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>53595858
>being this mad at being called bad

Pic related, its you.
>>
File: IMG_8731.jpg (213KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8731.jpg
213KB, 1095x730px
>>53595835
>free servers
>free use
how you think they pay for it bud?
out of some billionairs pockets just because?
I use discord but even i'm not that delusional
>>
File: f8e.jpg (13KB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
f8e.jpg
13KB, 320x362px
>>53595858
>my playgroup would simply slash your throat before you even began to assess the threat, you scumfuck
Wew
>>
>>53595776
>running removal makes you a megacunt

pretty sure your play group is just bad anon
>>
>>53595929
the edges
>>
>>53595918
>how you think they pay for it bud?
Idk but I'm not going to jump to conclusions one way or another
I use discord quite frequently and if what you are saying is true I'm going to have to stop, but I'm not going to do that without proof
>>
>>53595835
>By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Data with the Services, you grant to us a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use Your Data, subject to the Company’s Privacy Policy.

company policy says nothing about selling the contents of your messages

you are an idiot
>>
>>53595997
Did you even read the conversation?
>>
>>53596035
yes i did and discord left a nice little loophole in their TOS for themselves
>>
File: 1478742141127.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1478742141127.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>that tfw when can't join the /tg/ edh discord because the discord corporation will sell my super spicy deck ideas to the highest bidder
>>
>>53596056
Clearly you didn't because you are calling me a moron for agreeing with you
Which at this point might be more accurate than I gave it credit for
>>
>>53596100
This
I finally cracked how to make traditional burn work in turn 3 combo environments and can't let this get out
>>
Birthing Pod triggers etb effects, but not "cast a creature spell" effects, right?
>>
>>53596520
Correct. Putting a card onto the battlefield is not the same as casting it.
>>
How many EDH decks do you have? Do you play all of them regulary?
I have 20 decks and only recently realized that having so many decks is really unfavorable, because many decks aren't tuned at all and some times I have completely forgotten which cards are in a deck and I have to read them again when I draw them.
>>
>>53595677
>new phyrexia set symbol in center, some phyrexian writing around the edges
would buy if you can make one for 2k+ cards
I have 20 edh decks and not enough space for them
>>
>>53596639
i got 5 right now, but i'm pretty new and they've all been built in a year or so

i don't really care about my deck power levels, i just like exploring new archetypes and stuff, so it seems likely that i'll build even more, or take them apart to build new stuff
>>
>>53596544
I just want to spam tutors in my Momir Vig deck ;~;
>>
File: a box.jpg (26KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
a box.jpg
26KB, 620x465px
>>53596660
>would buy if you can make one for 2k+ cards
> I have 20 edh decks and not enough space for them

that would be a gigantic box. pic related houses 900 cards and is already getting too big to fit into my bag.

i'd imagine it'd make more sense to build a deck that houses 9 decks and then only carry 9 decks around. i doubt you'd have time to play 20 decks in a single session. or i guess if you travel around a lot like some kind of EDH nomad then maybe you'd want to carry all 20 decks
>>
>>53595890
>>53595940
>Tutors are interaction
>>
>>53592075
I like necromancy for the instant speed reanimate.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 640x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 640x498px
>>53596639
>completely forgotten cards
>not having a perfect compendium of all edh garbage cards in your head
Why even play?

I have 20 edh decks as well, and I love having the versatility to play what I want and the ability to allow new players to try out different play styles before committing to a deck on their own, or the ability to orchestrate a massive RPG style Planeschase game with people who've never played magic before. My decks are all tuned to different degrees as well, but I find that to be an advantage rather than a drawback. If I'm playing with experienced people who want a fun game I have 80% decks, if I'm playing with try hard win by turn 4 types then I have 100% decks, if I'm playing with a lower budget group I have 50% decks. I even have a few decks that are good for nothing but playing with craw wurm types.

Then again this works for me because I travel a lot and rarely play with the same people more than 5 or 6 times.
>>
>>53596639
GW Selvala
RG Wort
Ghave
Yasova
Ezuri
G Omnath

Ghave and Ezuri for when I want to win. They're well tuned, not quite as cutthroat as they could be, but I don't bring them out lightly because they're absolutely pubstomp decks.

Wort and Selvala when there are five or six people. Selvala doesn't draw that much hate because people like to draw, and Wort is just goofy until she Conspires an Entwined Tooth and Nail, brings out Dualcaster Mage, Purphoros, Ogre Battledriver, Avenger of Zendikar, Chancellor of the Forge, and Craterhoof Behemoth.

Yasova and Omnath for casual games. They're not Craw Wurm tier, but they've both got some big holes in their strategy, like no removal in Omnath and Temur/Threaten themes in Yasova.
>>
>>53596690
You can get Aluren and spam Shrieking Drake, but you need another card for the draws.
Sadly, all good self-bouncers are UB
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 223x310px
>>53596725

>edh nomad
this is it exactly, see >>53596807

How hard would it be to build a multi level kind of tool box thing? Maybe this is a project I should embark on myself.
>>
>>53593352
I like that alter, it's the first one I've seen with a consistent color palette.

But I don't remember a cEDH deck playing Recruiter so buy stax shit instead.

Unless you mean another format and have people to play that format.
>>
>>53596904
it would be difficult and more importantly, the box would be heavy as fuck

if you want a flavorful way of carrying your decks, i suggest going to some flea markets in hopes of nabbing a nice looking vintage chest/briefcase and then fitting it so that your decks fit in tight
>>
>>53597130

I fear a briefcase would make me look like a fedorafag, but perhaps you're right. I'm currently using the PirateLab large carrying case with the max capacity foam, which holds 18 decks sleeved, then a safety deposit box I picked up at a yard sale for the other two and dice. Which goes in a backpack. It works but I'd love something unique
>>
Double- or single-sleeved?
>>
>>53597312
>>53597130
This is the eternal problem I face.

I have 12 EDH decks (and some for other formats), and I'd probably make more but I can't reasonably carry it around.

Currently I'm just using a backpack, all the options I have found that can carry around 15 decks look so goddamn bad I refuse to be seen sitting on public transportation with it.
>>
I have been thinking a lot about infect in edh
how upset would you atraxa fags be if the fatal amount of poison was upped to 15 or 20?
O and before I forget, fuck anyone running infect in edh
>>
>>53597424
Infect is really bad and not a problem at all.

It being on 10 is good enough.
>>
File: mamEZSg-7GWCNGSW3bWk6rw.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
mamEZSg-7GWCNGSW3bWk6rw.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>53597415
I use something like this. It works really well and looks normal.
>>
>>53597424
The rules are what they are. Infect should be 10 just like Serra Ascendant should be a 6/6 for W. If a card that's affected by multiplayer or 40 life becomes truly overpowered then it can be banned but changing the rules is a bad path to go down. The fact that games are multiplayer gives you a way to counter these things.
>>
>>53597424
My playgroup has infect at 15, used tocbe 20 and no one bothered because at that point, why not use Comkander damage? Now that its changed, infect is finally viable option. I made Skithrit that night it was changed and I have no regrets
>>
>>53597478
I would not say bad I would say inconsistent
>>
>>53597415
I mentioned that I use PirateLabs large carrying case (see >>53597312), and it carries 18, but yeah it looks a bit weird on public transportation. I fly a lot with it and it I can't tell you how many TSA people think it's some kind of bomb because it's so much plastic pressed together. I've had to take all the cards out before too so they could swab the inside of the foam. I just tell them I run a business when they ask. I've had a few TSA edhbros comment though, and that feels pretty nice.
>>
>>53595173
you right
>>
I have been looking at Jarad and he seems fun, but I am split on what strategy to take. Most people seem to shoot for tons of small weak creatures to buff up jarad, but I was wondering if I could do big bastard creatures succesfully. Any tips or spicy tech i should know about? This is my first jaunt into BG, so feel free to share your decklists and favorite cards.
>>
>>53598126
Lord of Extinction, vulterous zombie, copperhoof vorrac. Those are all the really fat guys I can think of off the top of my head. There is still normal levels of fat though, like terastodon.
>>
>>53595953
This is as stupid as saying google doesn't sell your data.
>>
>>53595997
>Since big brother says they don't monitor and use my data, they must not!
>>
File: 1493113203743.gif (954KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493113203743.gif
954KB, 400x300px
I TODASO.

I FUCKING ITODASO.

I intentionally ignored the discord in the OP for a while because people were using it respectfully, but the second someone talked about it, all this bullshit breaks loose. Y'all have conclusively proven that your secret club is no longer worth including, and shall hence forth be removed from the pasta. May god have mercy on your souls.
>>
I feel like making a Mardu deck and Marchesa looks interesting, do I build her as a control or aggro deck?
>>
>>53596639
I'm sitting at 12 at the moment. I rotate through 3 per game week to keep things fresh while always having 3 specific decks I never get tired of.
Slivers, Bosh, and RG Wort are my fallback in case I'm having a bad night at the tables.
>>
File: concern.png (31KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
concern.png
31KB, 1000x1000px
>>53598469
>>
>>53598550
Control/pillowfort. Set up your board, discourage anyone from attacking you, generate value off Marchesa. Your wincon is pure value creatures like Sun Titan and Grave Titan, controlling the board, and beating down your opponent.
>>
>>53598550
Control. If you build aggro you give up a card a turn for a shitty token. Use zurgo for aggro
>>
File: hewenttojarad.jpg (113KB, 960x702px) Image search: [Google]
hewenttojarad.jpg
113KB, 960x702px
>>53598126
I've been playing Jarad for a few years. He is really cool because he can support a wider variety of strategies than most commanders, with 1hko commander damage, sacrifice attrition, and usual green fatness being viable in the same deck. Graveyard synergies support both going wide with kessig cagebreakers and a singular big dude with stuff like golgari grave-troll. If you want fatties, I suggest guys with good ETB's like ulvenwald hydra, woodfall primus, terrastodon, overseer of the damned, avenger of zendikar, bane of progress and reiver demon. Use Mikaeus the unhallowed and cauldron of souls to protect and recur them, and your choice of reanimation to snatch them out of the yard. I prefer beacon of unrest and victimize, since I'm not so big on the T2/T3 fatty plan. I think it is important to have a higher creature count (I play 31) to enable Jarad, but you can simply play a lower amount if your yard gets hated too much or something.

With a higher than normal creature count, sacrifice outlets have more value than normal along with stuff like skull clamp. Play gravecrawler to enable this further, since Jarad himself is a zombie and you'll be able to recur it easy. Greater good is the best one by far, which enables all sorts of stupid shit as well as refilling your hand and yard. Use sadistic hypnotist to lock out games. Attrition to trade your wood elves away for a real creature. Ashnod's altar turns your sylvan rangers into a ritual, and gets REALLY dumb if you can use it with Mikeaus (although everything is dumb with Mikaeus).

As for tech:
>Shizo, Death's storehouse gets Jarad through
>Soul of new phyrexia, although slow, protects your things from the yard
>victimize with 2 ewitness/phyrexian delver effects
>tortured existence/phyrexian reclamation make your yard into your hand
>crop rotation is insane with good lands
>lord of extinction/wall of blood/phyrexian devourer if you hate fun
>cream of the crop makes jarad scry 13
>>
>>53598270
I'm not saying they don't but I would like proof
>>
Would anyone be able to post a good Surrak Dragonclaw list for me to take inspiration from? Have just built xenagos so it would be nice to have an alternate timmy list with a bit more spice to it.
>>
>>53598259
Good cards, thanks.

>>53598795
Thanks for the walkthrough! When it comes to my ramp setup, I was thinking using the creatures that get lands on my field opposed to the ones that tap for mana, because I expect them to come back a time or two perhaps. I have a Genesis that I am excited to have in the deck for just that purpose. Would a lifeline defeat the purpose of the deck, or just make my fatties unkillable fucking terrors?
>>
>>53599218
>it would be nice to have an alternate timmy list with a bit more spice to it
>yet utilizes the same cardpool as Xenagos
Well, what do you want to build? I'd be more than happy to help you out, but Surrak seems like a poor choice. You can upgrade Xenagos into Maelstrom Wanderer, but I suggest picking something in different colours than what you already run.
>>
>>53599483
Surrak is Temur colors.
>>
>>53599483
>>53599702
Surrak isn't just Temur colors, he's Khan of the Temur Frontier.
>>
>>53596725
I dig the invasion/coalition symbol.
>>
>>53599304
Lifeline sounds hilarious, give it a shot.
>>
>>53599732
Not anymore.
>>
>>53596308
Is it doomsday storm
>>
>>53600062
REMOVE UGIN remove ugin
you are worst dragon. you are the dragon idiot you are the dragon smell. return to zendikar. to our zendikar cousins you may come our plane. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,mardu we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole dragon stink mardu sqhipere shqipare..dragon genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead dragon..ahahahahahMARDU WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget nexus .sarkhan we kill the king , sarkhan return to your precious narset….hahahahaha idiot dragon and mardu smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE UGIN FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. alara+dominaria+zendikar+innistrad=kill mardu…you will ww2/ urza alive in temur, urza making artifact of temur . fast mana urza temur. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of urza… you are ppoor stink dragon… you live in a cloud hahahaha, you live in a storm

urza alive numbr one #1 in temur ….fuck the zendikar ,..FUCKk ashol dragons no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. rza aliv and real strong artifict kill all the dragon baby with artifact magic now we the temur rule .ape of the zoo presidant yawgmoth fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and mardu wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. temur greattst countrey
>>
File: ramosdragonengine.jpg (27KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ramosdragonengine.jpg
27KB, 265x370px
>commander 2017
This shit is pretty ridiculous.
>>
File: 1495957168062.jpg (52KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
1495957168062.jpg
52KB, 500x671px
>>53600369
>>
>>53600621
It's going to be a pretty sweet general
>>
File: boxcovermockup.png (63KB, 1024x960px) Image search: [Google]
boxcovermockup.png
63KB, 1024x960px
>>53595677
>>53596725
hey it's me again

just surveying a little bit:

does pic related look MTG related in a subtle way? i don't really want to go full ham with the MTG symbolism, but i still want to refer to it a little bit, so i think this is a good compromise

i'm mostly asking because this box might go to a friend, so it's not just my preferences that matter
>>
>>53601290
It is a lotus, but it doesn't particularly match up with any of the artworks for Black Lotus, Gilded Lotus, Lotus Bloom, etc.

If I didn't know it was meant to be MtG related, I'd assume it was just a generic lotus rather than thinking it was a subtle nod to MtG.
>>
>>53600621
I'm just mad he's not foil.
>>
>want to build a deck, but have pretty much done it all
>decide to make one with the restriction that no card can be over one dollar
>have a blast building it, using some neat cards that see little use because they are sub-optimal
>it played pretty well at yesterday's game night and even took some games

Most fun I've had with Magic in awhile. Budget EDH confirmed for top of pyramid.

Any only different stuff that you guys have tried that ended with more enjoyable games?
>>
Building my first EDH deck after a bunch of research, a Brago etb deck with some stax elements. Feel like I have too many tutors, but unsure which one(s) would be the best to cut. Any help much appreciated!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brago-draft/
>>
>>53601613
Tribal decks that you enjoy the theme of, but that aren't very supported. Skeleton tribal is best tribal. It can be a bit of a challenge finding a way to make it win. Oh, and I accepted long ago for suck decks that hav9ng the x9mmander be the same creature type is often too weak or not even possible, so just do something thematic and flavorful instead.
>>
>>53592075
animate dead, I like to play b/w whenever i play reanimator type decks.
>>
File: acid.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
acid.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>53601867
I would say take out open the armory since you have fabricate and enlightened tutor
Also, you should consider adding reality acid
>>
>>53601867
You do seem to have a ton of tutors. I would personally cut non creature ones first, but as for which I can't really say.

What I can suggest is next time you edit your decklist you should change it to Commander/EDH at the top so your list is in the right format, then add *CMDR* next to Brago's name in the list.

Also maybe I am not noticing something, but Master of Waves seems bad to flicker because the elementals are gonna die without an anthem on board.
>>
File: edh.png (1MB, 729x695px) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
1MB, 729x695px
let's see 'em
>>
>>53602140
>>53602057
Thanks for the advice!
From what I understand, because the toughness-0 check is a state based action, and Brago's flicker effect happens with no pause in between, there is no time at which the 1/0 elementals are seen by the SBA, and thus they stay alive
>>
File: mine.jpg (110KB, 576x371px) Image search: [Google]
mine.jpg
110KB, 576x371px
My only decks so far. Thinking about building Brago or Anya next
>>
>>53602228
Brago is slow and Anya isn't playable.
>>
Is there a maximum hand size in EDH? Feels like turn 1 mystic remora will just fuck me over and force me to discard alot.
>>
>>53602277
Why would it not be 7? Also discarding to handsize means you're in a really good position anyways so who cares? Just run a Reliquary Tower and be done with it.
>>
dumb question. i know you have commander + 99 cards but what if you use partner? commanders + 98?
>>
>>53602336
It's always 100 cards.
Partners don't change that.
>>
>>53602336
Yes
>>
File: Captain Sygg Hansen.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Sygg Hansen.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53602156
It's coming together and it'll be the most fun deck I'll ever make.
>>
>>53602355
>>53602358
thanks anons
time to brew vial smasher
>>
>>53592375
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dog-racecar-god/

My current Dog goD deck. It starts fast, and with all the enablers, you don't gas out completely. Good fun, and forces people to play differently. Abuse the fact that she's Indestructible.

I agree, a sword or Tenza would be nice.
>>
File: Decks.png (964KB, 935x607px) Image search: [Google]
Decks.png
964KB, 935x607px
>>53602156
>>
>>53602277
Then don't play it turn 1. Wait until you actually need the cards. No self respecting blue deck is only running mystic remora for card draw, so I imagine you will run into some more of it if you really need it before you can safely play the remora.
>>
>>53602445
How do you build grixis anon? I want nothing more than to build a grixis deck, but I can't wrap my head around it. I just get overwhelmed with the giant card pool and wind up picking a bunch of impractical nonsense. Is grixis discard and draw into wheels/reanimator even possible? I'd settle for just discard at this point.
>>
>>53592048

I get that the giant is supposed to be throwing creatures at the opponent, but what's with the lifelink?
>>
>>53602586
Grixis covers a lot of ground from hard control to mass discard and reanimation to storm, you can't have it all of course. I have noticed myself getting off-track a lot while building 3c decks with cute cards and niche stuff. What kind of deck are you thinking, I can help brainstorm if you'd like.
I've also lost more than I'd like to admit to paying way more life than I could afford to to Necro and Shocklands
>>
>>53602586
>what are the primary themes and attributes of grixis?
>what commander do you want?
>what does your commander want to do?
>what are the themes that play well with your commander?
>what do you need to be able to answer in your meta?
>what are your win cons?
>>
>>53602696
Theres a white symbol to the right of his name. Thats why.
>>
What Azorius stall cards do I need?
>>
>>53602745
In azorius pillow fort of course
>>
File: Progenitus-MtG-Art.jpg (623KB, 3307x1957px) Image search: [Google]
Progenitus-MtG-Art.jpg
623KB, 3307x1957px
Gonna try to do a Progenitus hydras deck. Any good/spicy tech for other colors than RG that would help getting maximum hydras+ramp?
>>
>>53602766
Deepglow Skate because tons of hydras have +1/+1 counters.
>>
>>53602712

Kind of breaks the flavor though. I don't know how Flinging a ball lightning at my enemy is supposed to heal me.
>>
>>53602844
It makes you feel good.
>>
>>53602844
Hey you don't have to convince me. I had a friend with a highly tuned Brion deck and it was disgusting to play against. He would still be playable without the lifelink, and really it mostly seems just like extra value for no reason, but thats the price we pay for including a second color into card design. Maybe Brion has some lore reason for it.
>>
>>53602745
Standstill, Lunar force, starfield of nyx, rule of law and the curse effect one
>>
>>53602766
blue for kalonian hydra clones
>>
>>53602745
Lavinia of the Tenth, or anything else with detain:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text=+%5Bdetain%5D

Propaganda. Ghostly Prison. Winter Orb. Tangle Wire. Orb of Dreaming. Static Orb
>>
File: Tajic, Blade of the Legion_DGM.jpg (241KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Tajic, Blade of the Legion_DGM.jpg
241KB, 672x936px
Making a Tajic deck that veera on the side of Boros Control. I want it to be as backbreaking as possible. I have the following planned:
>Wraths up the ass
>Mass LD. I'm playing Boros, they will play on my axis.
>Token producers, in PW form and other means
>Equipment, especially Pariahs Shield and Worldslayer
>All the available card draw and tutors. No one game will leave me starving.
>M F'ing Obliterate
Anything else I'm missing?
>>
>>53603031
Sunforger package including Final Fortune? SFM Package?
>>
>>53602705
>>53602711
Oh fuck ya, thanks anons.

To be more specific, I have a shitload of game winning fatties available, a full discard package including things like Necrogen Mists and Memory Jar, and the left over parts of a Lazav mill deck, as well as a Jori-En artifact deck. Jori-En in particular had Blightsteel, Memnarch, Jin Gitaxias, all the Eldrazi Titans, Darietti and planeswalker Teferi.

I really want to use two of either artifacts, reanimator and discard because I think that they could be filthy together, but that might be impractical. The problem is that I only have Jeleva and Lord of Tresserhorn for commanders. Sedris and Thraximunder seem like the sort of thing I want to run, but they both seem secondary due to their high CMC and specific devotion, so Tresserhorn could work as a shitty backup.

Now, in my meta I'm known for playing Ghave combo and Brago flickerstax so it'd be nice to branch out. There are a bunch of UGX ramp decks, that one guy with Azami, and a half-decent Prosh decks, but thankfully they're all really light on grave hate and I want to make them pay.

In terms of wincons, Sire of Insanity/Jin Gitaxias seem pretty strong, tutoring up blightsteel is always fun, and Sheroldred is just sitting in my binder. In MM17 I cracked a past in flames, I have a Mind's Desire with literally zero support, and I think Mass Polymorph with a bunch of tokens could be fun.

I apologize for this rambling nonsense, any help at all would be rad.
>>
>>53603031
>they will play on my axis
As in they're playing Dimir?
What is I'm your meta?
>>
>>53603081
Oh, I also have basically all the MLD you could want, but that was jori-en's schtick so I'd rather shake things up.
>>
>>53602844
Can you tell me a single instance of lifelink that does make sense?

Even vampire lifelinkers don't make sense. Like, yeah, I get it, they feed on blood and that makes them healthy, but what does that have to do with you. You aren't the vampire sucking blood.

All of it is nonsensical magic.
>>
>>53602277
Discarding isn't "losing" cards, if anything you are gaining more fuel for your graveyard. Draw in excess of your handsize is not a waste as it gives you a better hand overall, full of cards that you actually want to have.
>>
>>53603081
>>53603106
>Jeleva
Combo/Storm
>Lord of Tresserhorn
Voltron
LoT looks like shit though so you're better off with Jeleva if you don't want to get a different commander.
>Thraximunder
My friend plays this as voltron/stax. Seems like fun.
Just answer the questions I left here
>>53602711
And then hit up edh rec if you need to fill in any gaps.
>>
>>53602205

Not that other guy, but the internet agrees with you. Didn't know that.

As for cards:

Linvala, the Preserver, Cloudblazer, Mulldrifter and Reveillark are very strong.

Augur of Bolas and Sea Gate Oracle might be okay if you want even more card draw/selection.

Consider Mnemonic wall, if you wish a second instant/sorcery recovering creature.

Consecrated Sphinx is just way too strong to not also consider in any blue deck.

Creatures like Peregrine Drake and Palinchron can net you a lot of extra mana if you feel like you need it.

Jace's Oath and Trial of Knowledge are enchantment based card drawing.
>>
>>53603078
Yeah thats in ofc. Final Fortune I'll find a copy of.
>>53603087
Lot of everything. Mizzix, Niv-Mizzet v1, GAAIV, Derevi, Mayeal, Zada, Karador, and Zegana being favorite commanders from their respective owner.

Price of Glory will fuck over the blue player. What are some others like this and Grand Abolisher?
>>
>>53602384
What are you doing with it? Rogue tribal, unblockables, card draw, mill? I am building it too, and have looked at all of those, and still have yet to commit.
>>
>>53603393
Sure, I'll just do it for Sedris.

>what are the primary themes and attributes of grixis?
Degenerate combos, cloning, discard, making people sacrifice things, control with dickish finishers.
>what commander do you want?
Sedris
>What does your commander want to do?
Sorcery reanimator. He really wants big splashy ETB effects and sundial of the infinite.
>what themes play well into your commander
Discard and reanimator. Sedris could be emergency reanimator always castable from the command zone.
>what do you need to be able to answer in your meta?
Cylconic rift happens. Greedy manabases and windmill slam combos too.
>what are your win cons?
Milling people into oblivion with Geth. Early mid-range reanimator with Jin/Sire of Insanity. I bet Stormtide Leviathan would be fun too.
>>
>>53603563
Unblockable card draw with minor discard effects.

It'll have cards like Dire Undercurrents and Dimir cutpurse for discard with Vela to support Ninjutsu effects and power Sygg's draw triggers.
>>
I'm a new player to the game (been playing Magic for around 4-5 months now) and I'm still quite new to EDH as well - I can count the number of EDH games I've played on one hand.

I'm a notoriously bad pilot, I can never quite figure out who's the most powerful on the board, and even remembering board states of the enemy is quite difficult for me. I still make some misplays due to misreading boardstate or forgetting to account for an ability in 1v1, but a 4 player game is really me just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

Couple of questions:

1) I bought the Yidris precon. It's a pretty fun deck so far, but I feel like it could stand some upgrades and possibly an infinite for good measure. The group I play with is quite competitive, with strong, expensive decks. I've seen a few Yidris upgrade lists - any ones that you can recommend?

2) Is it considered bad form to ask "Do any of your creatures have deathtouch?"/"How many creatures are in your graveyard?" or other things of that nature that solely inquire about visible cards on the board? The table is usually quite big and I can't read the cards from my seat, and I'm new to boot. Again, board state information in EDH tends to go in one ear and out the other as I try to keep up with multiple players.

3) Are there any good rules-of-thumb in terms of strategy when playing EDH?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>53593256
Worldfire was actually unbanned
>>
>>53603840
Nope.
>>
>>53603796
If you're asking it every now and then you can freely ask for public knowledge. Number of cards in hand, cards in grave, life totals, power and toughness, etc. If you're asking for it once a minute, or forgetting so frequently that it becomes a distraction then you need to just get better at remembering shit. The best rule of thumb is not to paint a target on your back unless you have protection from everyone at the table.
>>53603840
No it wasn't.
>>
>>53603796
It's not bad form to ask about deathtouch creatures or what's in a graveyard.
>>
File: IMG_2406.jpg (1MB, 1334x1236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2406.jpg
1MB, 1334x1236px
Alright guys i have a Karrthus, Tyrant og jund EDH. I want to turn it into UR dragon. got any suggestions for how to do this? do i just splash the two colors and stay in jund? (the deck was dragon tribal with a re animator sub theme to get around their insane costs)
>>
>>53603078
Why would you ever play final fortune?
>>
>>53603796
I ask about stuff on the other side of the table all the time usually when I need to know about triggers of mine or theirs. It is totally normal in my playgroup, one piece of advice is have at least some understanding of what is on the board especially if someone has a commander that gives experience counters
Some more advice for new players
> You don't understand the game until you understand card advantage
>Ramp is the same deal
>EDH is won through slowly accumulated value. this is why voltron and infect are weaker than many new players sometimes assume
>The best deck does not always win in EDH if the best player with the best deck plays with no mind for politics they will be elminated much faster than the guy running the precon.
>>
>>53603796
1) We are going to need some more info one this one. What is your plan for Yidris? Is there a general strategy outside of cascade for value?

2) Not at all, these are perfectly reasonable questions. If anything you should be asking questions more often about things you don't recognize or understand. People are generally going to be eager to help newer players. Try not to get distracted too often during games though if that's a problem.

3) Don't tunnelvision on the first person who becomes a threat. A player with tons of mana and lots of cards in hand is just as dangerous as the player with a few big, dumb beaters on the board.
>>
>>53603935
Feldon deck with Sundial.
>>
File: 1460179899935.gif (205KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460179899935.gif
205KB, 500x500px
>>53603502
Red:
>Blood moon
>mana barbs
>scrambleverse
>war's toll
>ruination
>magus of the moon
>thieves auction
>grand melee
>vicious shadows
>warp world
>wild evocation
>tide of war
>stranglehold
>confusion in the ranks
>heat stroke
>pandemonium
>grip of chaos
>wake of destruction
>jokulhaups
>obliterate
>decree of annihilation
>insurrection
>apocalypse
>urabrask the hidden
White:
>Armageddon
>wrath of god
>catastrophe
>stony silence
>Leonin Arbiter
>aven mindcensor
>terminus
>aura of silence
>land tax
>oblivion ring
>Linvala, keeper of silence
>silence
>humility
>spirit of the labyrinth
>Thalia, heretic cathar
>ethersworn canonist
>ghostly prison
>sun titan
>elesh Norn, grand cenobite
>emeria shepherd
>archangel of tithes
>Iona, shield of emeria
>reveillark
>Mesa enchantress
>odric, master tactician
>windborn muse
boros:
>assemble the legion
>Adriana, captain of the guard
Artifact:
>sword of x and y
>knowledge pool
>static orb
>winter orb
>thorn of amethyst
>uba mask
>icy manipulator
>sphere of resistance
>>
>>53603975
Feldon can't run Sunforger.
>>
>want to build Seton
>As I finish my first draft of the deck I get distracted by Zada and start building that
>While building Zada I get distracted by Talrand, even though I already have a crescent kami deck
>While building Talrand I get distracted by Kokusho
>Before I start building Kokusho I notice Endrek Sahr
>No I can't choose which big black deck I want to build with 3 other unfinished decks in the backlog

What the fuck is wrong with me and what is this dumb monocolor fever?
>>
>>53603681
Oh dude, I meant just do it on your own.
Just build a deck, come back and explain what your goals are and your meta and post the list. It's way easier to help that kind of situation over "build my deck for me."
>>
>>53603796

2- Unless your opponents are jerks, they shouldn't be bothered by you asking about board state and cards in hand/graveyard/etc. In competitive environments some might to refuse to divulge extra information (such as the deathtouch example) they don't have to, but honestly, as long as you're not doing it every turn, they shouldn't be bothered by it. You should also feel free to reach out, grab and read any card you're not familiar with.
>>
Has anyone brewed an Izzet artifacts deck? It bothers me that blue and red work with artifacts so well, but there are no artifact based legends that are in blue and red.
>>
>>53604171
Mishra, Artificer Prodigy
: ^)
>>
>>53604292
I don't care about black, fuck black and all of its black shit. I want Blue and Red damnit.
>>
>>53604330
Also Mishra is useless for EDH because you can't run two of any artifact.
>>
>>53604368
There's a lot of cards you can abuse with him though. Possibility Storm being one of them.
>>
>>53604368
And my point still stands. There are no dedicated U/R atrifact generals. So what would be the next best thing?
>>
>>53604400
>"Has anyone brewed an izzet artifact deck?"
>"Try this Grixis one!"
>"I asked for izzet."
>"My point still stands!"
Are you autistic?
>>
>>53604475
I don't want to play black. I asked for generals in blue and red. Why does asking for a ceetain deck archetype in a specific combination of colors make me autistic?
>>
File: gOODBYE PERMANENT.jpg (13KB, 354x360px) Image search: [Google]
gOODBYE PERMANENT.jpg
13KB, 354x360px
Is it just me, or does removing permanents from play feel much, much more satisfying when you're paying alot of mana to do it.

Like spining a land in mono red or
Legacy weapon disintegration

Vs

1 mana swords / path .

Maybe it's just me, but I get a big dumb smile when I pump mana into removing shit
>>
>>53604608
I like my big mana dumps to have big effects. If I'm paying 6+ mana I prefer if it hits multiple permanents.
>>
So does anyone have any Izzet artifact builds?
>>
What color philosophy (or combination thereof) is objectively the most patrician?
>>
>>53605030
Mono white
>>
>>53604683
No.
>>
>>53605030
Esper.
Intellect, ambition and order are basically what define aristocracy.
>>
>>53605030
Esper or Azorius.
>>
>>53604683
jori
>>
>>53605030
Esper, since Gruul colors better befit barbarians.
>>
Why hasn't anyone built izzet artifacts?
>>
>>53605222
Link?
>>
Well /tg/, who would you choose between Jori En and Keranos as an Izzet spellslinger/card draw tribal deck?
>>
File: Patrician.png (547KB, 624x445px) Image search: [Google]
Patrician.png
547KB, 624x445px
>>53605030
Black/White objectively has the most patrician cards.
>>
>>53605235
Fuck off.
>>
>>53605282
Secret answer C:

nin
>>
>>53605243
>>53605235

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=mtg+edh+jori+artifacts&l=1

>>53605282
jori doesnt gather hate but gets mad draw in 4 player, but kera is hard to remove but is slower on getting card advantage.
>>
How many counterspells can be considered "too many" in Sygg?
>>
>>53605355
Guide or cutthroat
>>
>>53605381
Cutthroat.
>>
>>53605235
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/155506089063/hi-maro-im-confused-as-to-how-theres-no-ur
>>
>>53605235
holy shit dude shut up about izzet artifacts
go to edh rec and look at the izzet commanders count how many times you see artifact in them
then count how many times it says instant or sorcery
just because artifacts are often run in blue decks and in red decks does not mean that they have immediate synergy when those colors are combined
case closed
>>
>>53605349

That's what I was thinking as well. I figure the deck will be similar enough between them that I could just test with each one and see how they work, and see how the regulars react to them.

Jori has worked a bit better for me on Xmage, so that will probably be the way it goes.
>>
>>53605355
99 is probably too many.
>>
>>53605416
Aw, shucks. I'll start taking them out then.
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Can we talk about these beauties for a minute? I'm looking to build them in a few months after I've finished rounding out some of my other commander decks and I'm wondering if there's any decent cards that edhrec hasn't already sent my way.
>>
File: 126424_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
126424_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
is another card like this, but not shit?
>>
>>53605671
If you want to build them their strategy is obvious, but if it helps you, exclude all decks with celestial Dawn. Those would all be decks made before the rules change and are going to be very dated.

Also be aware that they are the biggest removal magnet in the format. Even dumb dumbs with no threat assessment will kill her because they realize that you will just be able to use your removal if they don't.
>>
>>53605713
Mechanized Production.
>>
>>53605748
Doesn't Celestial dawn provide perfect mana fixing though?
>>
File: 1347418835773.gif (566KB, 289x197px) Image search: [Google]
1347418835773.gif
566KB, 289x197px
>>53600369
>>
>>53605770
It does, but I'm sure there are people who would consider it a useless card if they built their deck to have multiple ways to produce any color. I personally still think its a perfectly fine include, and run it myself.
>>
What do you all think the odds are that one of the tribal decks for Commander 2017 will be Slivers?
>>
I finally have enough cards Nekuzar but i dont have wheel of fate or wheel of fortune im just glad hes semi done.
>>
File: MJ_13.jpg (80KB, 628x461px) Image search: [Google]
MJ_13.jpg
80KB, 628x461px
I know this is sort of a backwards question, but I may as well give it a shot. I love my Marchesa steal-n-sack deck since every game is different and exciting. Is there a similar deck in modern that has that same feel of "every game is different but exciting" while still being somewhat competitive?
>>
>>53606006
Wait what, how is it a "fine include" it stops your utility lands from working and your lands can't produce anus mana either, so it's not even perfect fixing, since your lands won't be able to produce colorless anymore.

It was only acceptable prior to the rules change because it and mycosynth lattice were the only ways to pay for red and green stuff. Now you can just do it with a fancy mana base, and a few cool rocks like chromatic lantern.
>>
>>53606086
Your path to victory will be the same each time, the different but exciting will come from playing against different decks.
>>
>>53606086
Lantern Control
>>
>>53606086
Grishoalbrand has a few different ways to win, all of which are absurd.
>>
>>53604591
Read it again, he called the guy suggesting Mishra autistic.
>>
>>53606183
Sorry, misread. Maybe I'm just an autist I am a horsefucker after all, so that might explain it
>>
>>53606227
Failed spoiler tag, fuck me and my newfag faggotry
>>
File: mizzium transreliquat.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
mizzium transreliquat.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>53605713
i got u senpai. but you gotta be playing UR
>>
>>53606296
That seems neat, like a second phyrexian mtamorph that's reuseable
>>
>>53606144
Not a bad idea. Thanks anon.
>>53606128
I suppose.
>>
>>53605713
prototype portal
>>
>>53606124
Not everyone plays things that need anus mana.
>>
>>53606760
Even if you don't have it in your deck, your opponents could have it in theirs.

Point is, calling it "perfect fixing" is false, since it can't even do that right. It would be much better to just put cards like the vivid lands, exotic orchard, reflecting pool, mana confluence, city of brass, forbidden orchard, grand coliseum, and you can even run the slow shit like rupture spire if you want.

Those lands combined with rocks like fellwar stone and chromatic lantern should be more than enough resources to play other people's decks.

All this without dedicating a card to fixing that also doesn't actively fuck you out of anus costs and let's you run cool shit like maze of ith, academy ruins, volraths stronghold, Phyrexian tower, etc.

Its a bad card now. Not only is it a dead draw, but even if it hit the board for free it can hurt you.
>>
File: 33384_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
33384_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
been considering how to fit this in a child of alara deck running valakut and manabond. what more could i do for max value?
>>
>>53606323
Significant tradeoff is that it can't benefit from ETB effects.
>>
>>53606924
Scapeshift.
>>
>>53606937
Is there an artifact that just copies abilities, but not names?
>>
>>53592075

necromancy is pretty shnazzy for that instant speed mode, but reanimate is still the best
>>
>tfw your mana base gets so greedy that you can play mirrorpool
>>
>>53606975
Kraj
>>
>>53607110
>enters tapped
into the trash
>>
>>53607194
We're not so degenerate that we only play ETB untap lands yet. Funnily enough, everytime that I have activated mirrorpool, I have won the game.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
What about this?
>>
>>53603796
focus he who draws
>>
>>53607239
Somehow having played this a ton of times I don't ever remember actually getting any useful abilities off its activation. Maybe its better if you stack your deck with things you know you could copy, but if you are wanting to play it just for fun hoping to get good stuff off your opponents then I think you'de be better of with a clone or steal effect instead.
>>
>>53605713
He (cogwork assembler ) goes infinite with battlesphere and ashnods altar/ krark klan ironworks, btw.

Figured that out while playing Slobad
>>
>>53605030
Only Mardu can end Simic plebery
>>
File: 1475443738431.jpg (263KB, 733x696px) Image search: [Google]
1475443738431.jpg
263KB, 733x696px
I'm taking the shell of phage and converting it to xiahou dun. I need to make a fun deck though
>>
>>53606296
>>53605713
That's some spicy tech for Breya, got more?
>>
>>53593323

I'm pretty sure my group win rate is around yours, however, I can make anyone seem like the bigger threat.

No one EVER listenes to the guy I'm targeting. Cept my brother, he guns me first all the time and constantly berates whoever listens to me.

We play the game of thrones opening song whenever someone gets betrayed.
>>
>>53608215
I'll take a look at that Nath list if you have one.
>>
File: EDH decks.png (1MB, 2092x673px) Image search: [Google]
EDH decks.png
1MB, 2092x673px
>>53608215
We deck posting now?
>>
File: wifetitan.jpg (203KB, 1494x1098px) Image search: [Google]
wifetitan.jpg
203KB, 1494x1098px
>>53592048
any ideas on includes?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-04-17-IjD-stop-hitting-yourself/
>>
Maybe senpaitachi will finally notice me THIS TIME!

Do you think my enchantress voltron deck has ok mana base or should I add a Kodama's Reach? If so, what to drop?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jenaras-bant-enchantress/

Also, what do you think of the deck in general?
>>
>>53605671
She is degenerate op and a lot of fun to play with.

Too bad there is no lore on these sexy ladies
>>
>>53609664
I like the deck man it looks good, the only things I can really think is maybe a Skyshroud claim as it's just a great spell. Parallax wave is great for some lock down/token removal,definitely add academy rector as tutoring out a powerful enchantment through a wrath. Starfield of nyx is good to recur some enchantments if you don't mind running the risk of losing them when they're creatures, but can also double as another win con.
>>
>>53609771
Fuck off Desolator. No one cares
>>
>>53592375
Mindstorm Crown
>>
>>53610135
>Starfield of Nyx
I have Opalescence lying around which does a simiar thing but desu the risk of getting all your enchantments wiped is too much
>Skyshroud claim, Parallax wave
Definitely will consider those!
>Academy rector
I know it's good but at the moment I do not have that much spare cash to use towards it
>>
>>53595069
I have been trimming the hate cards honestly and even when I'm not playing hatebears/stax decks I'm still getting targeted just for being considered a "good" player.
>>
>>53608354
Sad part is I'm already playing goofy, non-competitive generals and they're still hating me out.

Ixidor has started to become a boogeyman for Christ's sake.
>>
>>53610272
You can always get a Chinaman academy rector for pretty cheap if need be. I'm just fond of Starfield in my deck since I run rule of law/Lunar force and starfield. Might change my deck to Taigam though as being able to cast spells through dovescape is cool
>>
>>53610994
>>53610994
>>53610994

Actual new thread is up.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.