[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite aspect of Tolkien lore? I think mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 57ab8b65b754d198e08b74bbc01dcdd9.jpg (146KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
57ab8b65b754d198e08b74bbc01dcdd9.jpg
146KB, 706x1000px
What's your favorite aspect of Tolkien lore?

I think mine would have to be the Ents and the Huorns. The movies never really got across how fucking nightmarish they were.

>Hey Gandalf, what's this angry forest from nowhere doing speeding by in the foggy darkness? I can't really look at it clearly and it's sending some super hateful vibes my way.

>Not sure, but don't move, don't talk, don't set a fire and Gimli don't you dare touch that fucking axe. We're all just gonna sit here and be terrified until it stops.
>>
I love the stuff about the passing of time and ages, and the dark things in the depths that even he never described much on.
>>
Best blend of ambiguity, complexity and thematic consistency.
>>
>>53591747
the nostalgia feel, for things once had and now lost forever
>>
>>53591747
I like how he signlas that people are speaking older languages by falling back on archaic, proto-English grammar when transcribing their speech.
>>
>>53592211
Gotta agree with this. Especially nowadays when all the things Tolkien loved are being slowly destroyed from within.
>>
File: teletubbies.jpg (93KB, 1058x595px) Image search: [Google]
teletubbies.jpg
93KB, 1058x595px
>>53591747

My faovrite bit is how you can seamlessly slip the teletubbies into the chronology as set during a time period after our current age, when the gibberish speaking mutant descendents of man view snippets of our age via the magical squares in their bellies and live a sad parody of the lives of the Hobbits of hobbitons from the 3rd age, under the watchful gaze of the Baby In The Sun (a reincarnation and rejuvanation of Eru Iluvator) who provies for its simple, mortal children an endless supply of tubby custard.

Though the hint of a calamity that eventually befalls all ages still lurks, as Nunu, the sentient vacuum cleaner and latest of the Dark Lords and heirs of Melkor, causes mischief and strife to the people of the tellytubby hills.
>>
Tolkien always played with dualities of good and evil. It's not easy to be both at the same time.
>>
>>53594188
Wtf
>>
File: wtfman.jpg (14KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
wtfman.jpg
14KB, 200x196px
>>53594188
>>
File: PrbCtMa.jpg (127KB, 684x829px) Image search: [Google]
PrbCtMa.jpg
127KB, 684x829px
>>53594188
Relevant
>>
>>53591747
but i thought the ents were the goods guys
>>
>>53596508
Imagine if someone broke into your home and waved around the thing you fear the most in the world.

You could be as good guy as you like, but you'd still be pretty pissed.
>>
>>53596575
but what about this hateful atmosphere that surrounds the forest?
>>
>>53596603
>He doesn't cover his walls with black metal posters

Just my taste in music would give such an atmosphere I think.
>>
>>53596603
There were a lot of wasps in the forest.
>>
>>53594188
>>53594207
>>53594211
>>53594237
Pardon my rather lacking skills.
>>
>>53591747
>I think mine would have to be the Ents and the Huorns.
I want to see a good representation of a huorn. An ent is basically a D&D treant with a giant's rock throwing ability, but a huorn is more like an animated tree with an aura of entangle and a serious improved grab/constrict thing going on.
>>
Morgoth's my OG.

Am I an edgelord for sympathizing with him?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.