[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't you ever get the feeling your players don't actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1472928170665.png (290KB, 754x554px) Image search: [Google]
1472928170665.png
290KB, 754x554px
Don't you ever get the feeling your players don't actually like you, and just put up with you because you're de DM?
>>
>>53584888
I run games on roll20 specifically to avoid building any kind of relationship with the cunts. So no, I don't. Because I don't care.
>>
Nah come on man, if they didn't like, they wouldn't show up. You're judging yourself way more than they are.
>>
>>53584888
Not with my current group.
When I played in high school there was one DM everybody liked and one everybody put up with.
The annoying part was that the better DM didn't DM very often because he preferred playing, but he was also a That Guy when he played.
>>
>>53584940
I pity you.
>>
>>53586942
Why?

Because I don't want to develop friendships with people I will never meet?

I prefer to keep my players at a distance. For good reason.
>>
>>53584888
I get this feeling with everyone at work too
and every store I go to
and anyone else who talks to me for whatever reason

I don't want to make people unhappy.
>>
>>53587179
I don't pity you, because I don't care, but I do have a genuine curiosity about why you are interested in a social game if you're not interested in people?
>>
Im at my table cause I own a house with a large kitchen table
>>
>>53587730
Because I tend to enjoy unexpected results.

I approach GMing and roleplaying as a form of interactive story telling. The way I see it, I am as much a player as an arbiter. Likewise my players should each have a respectable amount of agency within the plot and world. However, in order to maintain a respectable level of judgement, I make a point to keep my distance. Bias can and will creep into wherever it can, no matter your will or intentions. I've watched even the smallest bias destroy fantastic games.
>>
>>53587877
Seems reasonable, but your concern about bias gives me the feeling that you take this all too seriously. But to each their own.
>>
File: 1386665499772.jpg (24KB, 545x308px) Image search: [Google]
1386665499772.jpg
24KB, 545x308px
>Have a group of people who are not the folks I started RP'ing with over 15 years ago
>not even people i've known for more then a couple years
>friends of friends, etc
>I've lost track of just what iteration of group this now is really...
>In the few times they RP without me, they always get embarrassed to tell me awesome stories of their games
>when I'm either running or playing, one person or another usually has an excuse not to be there
>one guy is always super happy to be rp'ing
>always gets burned out if im in the group
>cant tell if its real, that these people have more fun when im not around, or if its my depression sneaking up on me
>don't want to just leave the group because then id be a melodramatic passive aggressive shithead
>the possibility of being around people who actually dislike me might just be worse then being a melodramatic passive aggressive shithead
>everytime I ask, everyones quick to tell me that im wrong, that everyone loves having me around
>i wish i was perceptive enough to spot lies
>>
File: tumblr_lwofw00lNY1qkz83co1_500.png (217KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwofw00lNY1qkz83co1_500.png
217KB, 500x360px
>>53584940
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.