[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about this? https://venturebeat.com/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What do you guys think about this?

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/31/pathfinder-kingmaker-launches-500000-kickstarter-for-extra-content-not-the-base-game/

The kickstarter itself isn't live yet

pic unrelated
>>
File: KingmakerBox.jpg (19KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
KingmakerBox.jpg
19KB, 300x187px
>>53562591
I'm tentatively excited about it. I'm a huge fan of games like Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment, so it always fills me with nostalgic glee to see a game in those same veins.

That said, I'm not sure how well the game will pan out since it is based on an AP using the Pathfinder ruleset but I'll still get it and play it. At least the Kickstartee will be focused on giving more stuff (classes, equipment, companions, etc) and not to actually fund it.
>>
>>53562591
Post the character you want to play

I'd love to play an Elf Alchemist.
>>
>>53563335
>>53563929

OP here.

Im not particularly familiar with the pathfinder rulesets. I've only played a handful of sessions with Pathfinder.
But from what knowledge I have picked up lurking, if they directly copy the Pathfinder core, wont some classes just be dogshit to play as?

Also is Kingmaker a good adventure path to convet to a videogame?
>>
>>53564532
Kingmaker is an excellent AP to turn into a video game, its equal parts dungeon crawl, exploration, and kingdom building. Lots of things for a player to do.
>>
>>53564564
That's my take on this as well.
>>
>>53563929
I kinda want to see what all options and shit there are first but I think, if possible, some sort of Witch that way I can better align with Irrisen.
>>
>>53562591
Not sure. On the one hand it sounds like a shout out to Baldur's Gate II and Icewind Dale. On the other it is Pathfinder and stuff...
>>
I wish we could've gotten a 4e videogame
>>
>game is being made by literally who for literally who studio

It's gonna be shit rip
>>
>>53566026
I thought there was one, Daggerdale. Sure, it was shit and I agree, it would have been far, far better had they really stuck with the 4e rules but still.
>>53566035
Studios have to start somewhere, anon. At least this one is stocked with people who have been in the industry for some time.
>>
>>53566470
Daggerdale was shit and got dropped faster than a flaming turd. They had a system that seemed to have taken a lot of cues from video games (more FF Tactics than WoW in my opinion) and they fucked it up and then promised more games in the Daggerdale line that became vaporware.
>>
>>53562591
>>53564564
>>53565965

This is going to be horrible garbage.
Their last game is a RTS shitfest.

The screenshots make it look like they doing the same exact shit with improvements for the new game.
I would enjoy a Pathfinder video game that is turn-based like ToEE but that is definitely not what they are going for.

I don't want another fantasy RTS.
I want a fantasy turn-based tactical RPG instead.
>>
>>53562591
>Kingmaker
So...a shittier version of Pillars of Eternity?
>>
>>53567494
Reminds me of Baldur's Gate so I'll give it at least a shot.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.