[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never played D&D but i want to get into it so im going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: geek.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
geek.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
I never played D&D but i want to get into it so im going to a table top place near me.

Any tips on D&D?
>>
>>53555131
Try to have fun. If something hinders your fun, try to amend the issue.
>>
>>53555131
Don't play it. D&D is a shitty meme game better suited for retarded 'lol i rolled le ebin natshural 20, lol so random xd' comedy games than anything even vaguely approaching a deep, immersive role-play experience.
>>
File: -4 Strength.gif (643KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
-4 Strength.gif
643KB, 426x240px
>>53555131
>Any tips on D&D?
Watch youtube videos on what NOT to do.
Unless it's an ERP, then it doesn't matter. Just have a safeword.
>>
>>53555131
-Don't let any girls in the group
-Try to make a character with a dark backstory (the darker the better, no limit)
-Rules are a suggestion, don't let low rolls prevent you from criting and creating an epic moment when applicable
-Don't take any shit from other PC's, if someone annoys you kill them.
-Try to get as much of the loot as possible, even if it doesn't help you right now take it anyways, it could very well be useful to you in the future.
>>
>>53555210
You'll never give up, will you?

>>53555131
Grab the 5e starter set. That's really all you need to get started.
Also, http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/players-basic-rules
>>
Read the rules before showing up. Most people don't mind n00b5 who don't know to check for traps until they're hit by one, everybody minds that dumbass who doesn't know how to roll to hit.
>>
>>53555210
>>53555245
>>53555268

First off, don't listen to this douchebag.

>Read the rulebooks, know the rules.
>Don't just play yourself, play someone different.
>Be polite and friendly both in-game and outside the game.
>Cooperate with your fellow players; don't backstab them or kill them. It's a cooperative game of Players vs Monsters, not PvP.
>>
>>53555131
Generally, stay away from 3rd/3.5 edition and Pathfinder and you should be fine.

As much as the "D&D is shit" meme goes around, 3.PF is really the only actually garbage one.
>>
>>53555131
Have fun, try not to catch Main Character Syndrome and help your fellow players and GM have fun in a non-disruptive way.
>>
>>53555210
Have you tried playing with a GM that wasn't utter shit? I find that tends to help with having fun regardless of system.
>>
File: progamers.png (873KB, 822x696px) Image search: [Google]
progamers.png
873KB, 822x696px
>>53555131
These ladies only started playing a year and a half ago and are already at a professional level and being flown out by Wizards to be filmed playing with the best.

You can learn a lot from them.
>>
>>53555268
This guy pretty much tells it like it is
>>
>>53556847
Vintage nerd gets all the pussy...
>>
>>53555268
I'm not trying to get killed
>>53555335
Thanks for the advice just picked one up
>>53556079
Noted
>>53555344
Thanks
>>53556230
Thanks
>>
>>53556847
>professional level

What does that mean? Making a build that is better than others isn't hard, which isn't really the point anyway, and D&D is primarily a game of chance.
>>
>>53555131
Make sure to have acceptable hygiene.
>>
>>53560486
>professional level
>What does that mean?
It means you get paid for it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.