[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dgc/ Darksiders Godbound Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 11

Previous thread >>53508718
Free version of Godbound: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185959/Godbound-A-Game-of-Divine-Heroes-Free-Edition

>Set after The End War
>Other Humans survived The End War like The Hunter, others could have made deals with different Demons (including Vulgrim, Samiel or the Chosen), Angels (like Uriel), or one of the many Old Ones (like Ostegoth or Ulthane), allowing Heroic Human characters.
>All the Horsemen appeared during the end war and were accused of starting it early. Stay have since gone on the run to prove their innocence and may have even split up to cover more leads / make harder to track.

The Charred Council are recruiting capable and power warriors from across the realms, Angel, Demon, Old One, Undead.
>Hunt down the traitorous Horsemen.
>Find this mysterious Destroyer, determine how it was able to turn the Horsemen against the balance and lead the hordes of the Abyss to crush the armies of the White City.
>Patrol Earth, stop the depredations of the Demons and unceasing fury of the Angels, find any surviving Humans and protect what's left of the Third kingdom.

I still don't quite understand how the Martial Strifes work
>>
File: Factions.pdf (421KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Factions.pdf
421KB, 1x1px
>>53550746
List of known realms:
>The First Kingdom: Heaven, including the outpost of Lostlight.
>The Second Kingdom: Hell, including the outpost Shadow's Edge.
>The Third Kingdom: Earth.
>The Veil, realm of the Crowfather.
>The Abyss, primordial darkness from before creation, home to countless monsters.
>The Far Fields, realm of the Horsemaster and Phantom Horses.
>The Forge Lands, realm of the Makers and their Constructs.
>The Kingdom of the Dead, realm of the Dead Lords who shepherd the deceased to be cleansed of their past lives so that they may return to the Well of Souls, also home to a variety of Undead. (may include Argul's Tomb, but it greatly resembles Crowfather's Veil)
>The River Styx, A place existing between the Three Kingdoms, the Styx is a river filled with wrathful souls that became lost rather than making it to the Well of Souls and thus to the Kingdom of the Dead.
>The Charred Council's Realm, from this unknown place the Charred Council uphold the balance and send their enforcers to carry out their will.

Dead worlds:
>Eden
>Kothysos
>Ravaiim

Know methods of traversing the worlds:
>The Tree of Life/Death (exists in every realm except for earth)
>Serpent Holes, can potentially connect to every realm, requires powerful entity to manifest them (Vulgrim, Azrael, Samael, Crowfather, Archon Lucien, The Charred Council)
>>
File: Darksiders Characters.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Darksiders Characters.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>53550768
Possible characters concepts:
>Angel
>Demon
>Maker
>Maker-Construct
>Undead
>Abyssal Creatures
>Human that has somehow survived the Apocalypse
One of the many types of unnamed Old Ones (Crowfather, Ostegoth, Kargon)
>>
File: Ice Word.pdf (327KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ice Word.pdf
327KB, 1x1px
>>53550783
>>
File: godbound character sheet.pdf (547KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
godbound character sheet.pdf
547KB, 1x1px
>>53550796
>>
Did not see this thread at all, I'm that filthy fun-haver who's been writing most of the characters, Ice word and started doing Factions last time. I'm working on something else today, but when I get a break I'll try to whip some stuff up. I think it might be worth writing a few notes for the "straight" Darksiders setting too - the "all the Horseman are on the loose" is fine as an alternate universe, but it does throw up some problems and has knock-on effects for the setting as a whole. I also think it would be worth it to provide a baseline for how things are in the video games so people can more easily see what changes they want to make to their tabletop versions, if any (what if Death was sent and not War, for example, or what if Heaven's gambit actually worked, that sort of thing.)

>Martial Strifes
As far as I can tell, its an optional rule to add super Kung-Fu to a game. Its wrapped up in setting fluff, but it looks like supernatural creatures (godbound, angels, demons, cthuloid monstrosities) can learn True Strife techniques while normals can get Lesser Strifes. Supremely dedicated mortals might be allowed to get to True Strife levels if they're sort of person who has a long white beard, meditates under water falls and speaks entirely in oblique koans. You need a master of a particular Strife to learn one, or else some other form of advanced instruction, and you have to start with the first technique and work your way up.

Godbound can learn Strifes much more quickly than ordinary mortals. Learning the first True Strife technique cost 1 point, just like a Lesser Gift, then the following four cost 1/2 a point each. If you learn all five you can perfect the technique by paying another point. This means you end up paying 4 of your Gift points to know magic all of that style. The three Lesser Strifes for a style can be learned for 1 gift point or by dedicating a Fact to explain how you learned it at char creation or when you level up.
>>
Finished a draft of another Faction, this time the Dead Kingdoms. I've also done the Dead Court as an example of, well, a court.

NAME: The Kingdom of the Dead
POWER: 5 (1d20)
COHESION: 5
FEATURES: The Lord of Bones rules from a mighty, mobile citadel, the Eternal Throne. Almost all living things will eventually arrive in the Kingdom of the Dead. Its inhabitants are almost all immortal undead of some sort. The Well of Souls, a powerful source of knowledge and magic, can be most easily accessed here.
PROBLEMS: The Apocalypse and mass extinction of the human race has caused an overwhelming amount of souls to arrive (4). The Lord of Bones is a cruel and distant ruler who cares very little about his subjects welfare (3). There is much unrest among the Tomb Lords and other Dead Courtiers (3). Something is wrong with the Well of Souls (2). The Chancellor is a devious schemer who does much of the day to day ruling (1). Horrible monsters infest the lower levels of the Kingdom (1)
TROUBLE: 14
>>
>>53555724
NAME: Court of the Dead Lords
POWER STRUCTURE: Figurehead
TYPE: Aristocratic
COURT MOOD: Decaying, hidebound by rigidly enforced protocols.

MAJOR ACTORS and their POWER SOURCE:
The Lord of Bones (powerful magic, de jure overlord of the Kingdom of the Dead)
The Chancellor (de facto overlord of the Kingdom of the dead)
Lord Phariseer (his own Tomb and an army of loyal Mummies)
The Judicator (his own tomb and above reproach in role as a judge of lost souls)
Lord Basileus (mighty warrior with powerful allies)

CONFLICTS:
- Basileus believes that the threat of Corruption needs to be addressed. The Lord of Bones (through the Chancellor) dismisses the threat. Judicator and Phariseer are neutral, but increasingly concerned about their Lord’s rule.
- The Judicator has received disturbing reports from the City of the Dead regarding the Well of Souls. The Chancellor dismisses all such claims.

MINOR ACTORS
The Old One merchant Ostegoth, an infrequent visitor.
Draven the Blademaster, reluctant champion.

CONSEQUENCES OF COURT’S DESTRUCTION?:
Civil War would immediately break out.
At least one much worse replacement is waiting (Argul, the Deposed King and its forces).
Heaven and Hell might seek to “restore order” themselves and invade.

DEFENCES
Seclusion and defences of the Eternal Throne.
>>
>>53555724
Is it missing Interest and Dominion?
>>
>>53557711
It is, mostly because I wasn't sure what to put in them. The Dead Kingdoms under the Lord of Bones seem really insular, so it didn't seem worth putting in any outside interests, and the internal factions like Argul's mob or the Soul Arbiter are mostly ignored. If we're fleshing out the individual kingdoms more there would be more opportunities to put lesser factions and other Interest opportunities in. On Dominion, Boney seems powerful enough to enact changes but does not give enough a shit to do anything.

It also assumes that the setting is somewhere after the Apocalypse, but some time before Darksiders 2 as the three mini-boss lords haven't upped sticks from the court yet.

As an aside, do you ever wonder if the Dead Kingdoms were once pristine looking and decayed into ruins or whether it was all built to look half-collapsed? Like, somewhere there's a Maker or a particularly skilled undead craftsman making artisan crafted ruins for just the right kind of ambience.
>>
>>53557934
It is very possible that the realms current form is due to The Lord of Bones' lack of fucks given. And that during Argul's rein the realm may have had a very different appearance to it.
>>
>>53558185
That's true. Everything we see associated with Argul is covered in a thick layer of ice and snow, so its quite likely it looked more like the it was a frozen wasteland more like the Crowfather's area. We also have the more extreme example of Shadow's Edge crumbling away once Samael isn't there to maintain it.

Thinking about it, it ties in really nicely to Godbound's way committing Effort and other resources can change facts about an area. The Lord of Bones doesn't care enough to expend his points keeping things tidy or to do dramatic stuff like maintain permafrost castles, so he can keep that all for himself (or possibly his flying doom castle).
>>
File: Chaoseater_concept.jpg (1MB, 1307x2499px) Image search: [Google]
Chaoseater_concept.jpg
1MB, 1307x2499px
>>53550746
I've never played Godbound, but I love Darksiders, so this thread makes me happy.
>>
File: Factions.pdf (615KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Factions.pdf
615KB, 1x1px
>>53555724
>>53555750
>>
When I get a good chunk of free time I'm gonna work on some monsters.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.