[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm running a D&D5e campaign where my main villian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 961034-death_lich.jpg (268KB, 769x1200px) Image search: [Google]
961034-death_lich.jpg
268KB, 769x1200px
So I'm running a D&D5e campaign where my main villian is a thousand year old Lich who's attempting to complete a ritual that will ascend him to godhood and wipe out all life on the planet in the process. I'm having one of my friends outside of the group play as my Lich and I want to come up with about a hundred different tasks that this ritual requires. Some of them will be simple enough, like to retrieve a rare flower from a mountaintop, some will be utterly absurd like kill a virgin gnome using a certain sacrificial dagger while a specific constellation or planet is in a formation that only happens once every hundred years or so, things like that. Any help coming up with ritual tasks would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>53492738
Isn't that slightly odd?
>Gods thrive on mortal worship
>Kill all of the worshipers
>>
Siphoning the sap from the oldest tree on the planet
Collecting the skull of a truly innocent man.
Desecrate the main shrine of the goddess of life, making a mockery of the concept literally, before doing it figuratively.
Eat the flesh of a young dragon.
>>
File: skeleton coffee.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton coffee.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
>>53492787
posting a few more of my ideas.

Freeze the blood in his own veins.
In the final ascension, break his own phylactery as the last step.
Raise an entire family line from the dead, all the way back to the progenitor of the human race, researching far enough back to find all of them, then finding their graves, then raising them.
>>
>>53492837
Keep 'em coming, these are great.
>>
>>53492758
I suppose it is, I just wanted to come up with something good and dramatic and world-threatening.
>>
>>53492990
Fair enough. You could still go along with the plot if you wanted.

Theoretically, If he killed off all mortal life, and raised them as undead, which technically can't worship, would that kill off most of the gods?
>>
Any more ideas? Those first couple were pretty solid.
>>
>>53493154
The gods draw their power from followers all across the multiverse, the loss of life on that world would weaken them a bit but not enough to kill them.
>>
>>53493191
I guess that makes sense, and it also gives god enough reason that OP's Lich would be able to survive after killing everyone off- He could just go to a new world and pick up some worshipers.

>Lich God
>Domain is actually the destroyed world, teeming with undead or something
>>
Collect the first coin earned from the world's richest man
use the legacy weapon of the world's most famous hero (living or dead) to murder their descendant
cast a specific spell (or ritual) in the presence of an good spell caster of around the same skill level

seems like for these you would want them to be specific enough to not be "I teleport here and complete the task in 10 seconds" so they liche character doesnt run through them too fast and the heroes get to interact with them

also anything that more involves the setting seems like it would be more dramatic
>>
>>53492738
Ritual to Godhood:
>1. Read all steps before doing anything else.
>???
>3547. Only step 1 was necessary, you don't actually have to do anything else.
>>
>>53493191
In my settings gods derive power from both worship and sacrifice. Each soul contains is a spark of the divine, a shard from the primordial soul of the world before the age of mortals. Worship confers divine energy naturally produced by the soul to the object of worship, while sacrifice offers up the very soul itself to be interred within the object of worship. If a deity were to suddenly lose all worshipers, it would only have as much power as it had accumulated from its sacrifices, which would only last so long since souls tend to be reincarnated back into the world, even sacrifices but at a much lower rate. The lich has devised a ritual to not only sacrifice the whole world, holding all souls including the primordial soul ransom, and halt the cycle of reincarnation.
>>
File: 2017-01-17 20_12_20-.png (1008KB, 886x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-17 20_12_20-.png
1008KB, 886x1080px
>>53492758
This, it's even canon in D&D a Yuan-ti vestige was made this way.

Not gonna work OP.

Liches to gods have done the following:
Vecna got his by blowing himself up constantly, Velsharoon just researched so hard he became a deity, Mellifleur and that one Drow Lich from FR both got lucky.

Sacrifice giving deities power is explained in the BOVD if I recall, it's their way of subverting souls destined to other patrons to their own.
>>
>>53497648
Of course it will work, it's my world.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.