[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanks to browsing this board more since I started playing 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: juggernaut.jpg (159KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
juggernaut.jpg
159KB, 800x1132px
Thanks to browsing this board more since I started playing 40k I noticed that DnD isn't really the greatest invention of mankind.
What are some decent rpgs except pathfinder?
>>
Tons. What kind of game are you looking for?
>>
>>53492694
Just play GURPS.
>>
>>53492750
Something where adding a new race would be easy enough and fighting isn't tedious.
>>53492812
I really hear a lot of good stuff about GURPS.
How hard is it to get into it?
>>
>>53492694
Congrats. You've finally grown up from babby's first RPG.

I'd suggest Unknown Armies, the core World Of Darkness, GURPS, and 7th Sea.
>>
i like harnmaster and warhammer fantasy roleplay for some grittier fantasy action. they can be a bit annoying at first but once you get used to death they're fun.
>>
>>53492920
Depends if you're player or GM.
GM, you're going to have a lot of work, reading a lot of shit, finding the rules you like, ditching those you don't like, or even don't read some, why bother with the radiation rules at all if you're playing a caribbean pirates game? Basically assembling your custom RPG from the GURPS bricks, and there's a lot of those.
Player, you make a character, which isn't that hard in itself just time-consuming the first time or two, or you can use a template (basically a premade character, without a name or defined personality and a lot of options to pick and choose from), and you throw dice when the GM tells you to, hoping you get the lowest score possible.

It still has a few premade adventures that'd take a lot of work off the GM and players, but they're not really popular because the game's mostly used for how free you are with it and adventure paths are kinda restrictive.
There's Caravan to Ein Arris (often recommended as a good first one, about a merchant caravan going to... Ein Arris), Big Lizzie (a far-west adventure, nobody but the GM should open this book at all) and Lair of the Fat Man (about an international team of super spies in the 80s, should be read by the GM only too).
>>
>What are some decent rpgs except pathfinder?

How is the worst edition of D&D decent?
>>
>>53493141
The Dungeon Fantasy Bundle from Kickstarter should have a lot of premade stuff. Including beasties.
>>
>>53492920
FantasyCraft my mans
>>
>>53492920
Try Moldvay's Basic D&D.
>>
>>53494494
Oh right.
But it's not out yet, is it?
>>
>>53493141
Genre books cut out a lot of unnecessary stuff for you already, especially Action, which I believe is the easiest way to get into gurps.
>>
>>53492920
>Something where adding a new race would be easy enough and fighting isn't tedious.
Open Legend. The way character creation works means there aren't any specific, prescribed races unless your GM decides to outline some. Most racial features can be settled up just by picking the right Perks and Flaws. For instance an Elf might have Agelessness and Socially Awkward for being distant and rubbing people the wrong way, as elves are known to do. For more specific are stronger elements, like racial spellcasting, you would buy into those abilities a bit at character creation.
Combat is pretty fun because it does some interesting things with how it packs up special effects in "Banes" and "Boons," like it's a lite/universal D&D 4e. The to-hit roll is the same as the damage roll and you deal your difference in damage, which means combat is usually fast, and depending on how the GM shapes things it can be quite savage as well.

Also, I'm throwing my hat in with >>53494658, Fantasy Craft is pretty nice.
Full disclosure: The book's layout is a bit shit and makes the game seem more dense and unapproachable than it really is, but it's tons of fun and it's about as easy to learn as anything else.
Honestly, easier for a few of my friends than any non d20-style game we've played.
>>
>>53492694
>decent...except pathfinder
?? explain this
>>
>>53496115
I wanted to read about pathfinder an hour ago so i excluded it as I was already interested in it.
From what I see so far it's exactly opposite of what I want.
>>
>>53496232
That's reassuring to hear.
>>
>>53496232
Okay, I was wondering if you knew pathfinder was literally D&D
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.