[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you still play MtG if you had to physically transform into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: key_art_chaotic.jpg (75KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
key_art_chaotic.jpg
75KB, 900x350px
Would you still play MtG if you had to physically transform into your creatures and do battle every time you played a game?
>>
>>53489993
Fuck. Yes.
>>
>>53489993
You're gonna need more constraints than that. Mtg's got a bit more than just creatures.
>>
>>53489993
>playing eggs
:s
>>
>>53489993
The actual metastory for an MTG match is that you're planeswalkers meeting as they cross through the dimensions, dueling with their respective histories and knowledges. Your deck is what you bring to the table ready to fight mentally.

Even summoning planeswalkers to fight along side you is handled by ingame mechanics designating them as an extension of but separate from the player and why they have "loyalty" counters in the first place.

It's fucking criminal that wizards doesn't have some sort of YuGiOh style visual engine out there for how it's supposed to look. But it'd be pretty sweet to customize your own planeswalker and have the duels visually play out for spectator reasons.
>>
>>53490232

Oh, planeswalkers are story flingers? I always thought they straigth up plucked living beings from their dimensions and put them to battle since a lot of the card lore is bitching about planeswalkers
>>
>>53490232
I would buy a new computer, upgrade my internet service, and play the everloving fuck out of an MtG mmo. Customize my Planeswalker, collect spells of all sorts. Experience would be based on how many places you've explored. That would be fun as hell.

>>53490287
Nope. You summon mana constructs that copy the things you've seen and the creatures you've met. Legendary creatures are a little iffy: I think they're still copies, but they're so powerful that it takes too much energy and concentration to have two of the same one. Other Plabeswalkers are actually summoned to you, which is why Loyalty counters are a thing. When they hold no more loyalty to you, they fuck off.
>>
>>53489993
How would that even work? Hive minds?
>>
>physically transform into your creatures
That would be fun and painful in a token deck.
>>
How can I "physically transform into" an infinite quantity of squirrels without destroying earth
>>
>>53490336

Wait, so MtG lore is in fact the ultimate exploring/adventure fantasy setting throughout worlds and dimensions?

I might start playing Magic, now. I have some cards a friend gave me
>>
>>53490356
>>53490382
Magic would be restructured to fit the idea. Or just originally built with this idea. So, it would probably work like EDH/Commander where you have one (or more) legendary creature as a leader and turn into it when the game starts.

>>53490420
Yes. You are a Planeswalker going to new planes, collecting new spells for your library. Your lands represent the places you've been, the creatures are the things you've met, your instants and sorceries are the spells you've seen and copied, etc. When you travel through the Blind Eternities and meet other Planewalkers, you battle them because (originally anyway) Planeswalkers were huge pricks who hated each other and wanted to kill each other on sight (and take one of the spells with the ante rule).

A lot of the lore has gotten away from these basic ideas, but that's the gist.
>>
>>53490466
Then you would not be playing MtG anymore.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
It's like no one at Wizards ever played fucking Lost Kingdoms, which is absurd at this cause it was made by the Dark Souls guys.
>>
>>53489993
So I would be flicking the bean? What a fucking stupid question is this?
>>
If I can play online the dueling game from that YuGiOh arc inside the vr mmo world with the total mtg system reverse chronologically distanced from the modern era in one direction and future sets built from some release date in the other, I will have no reason to play other games
>>
As much as there are people on this board who literally just play roleplaying games and other card and board games for the gameplay experience and nothing else, unfortunately I think that most people on here are so desperate to get away from the dreamless NEET lifestyle they caused themselves that they'd willingly throw themselves into a fantasy world to fight monsters, especially if it's not as themselves.
The pain and the possibility of death means nothing in these people's hypothetical answers, because they know that it's never going to happen in real life - ignoring reality is the only way they have an excuse to sit in their basements all day and whine about what they didn't do, what they could have been and the things they could have learned.
The thing that's the scariest for a lot of board natives isn't the threat of death or horrible agony, but the expectation that they handle talking to people and putting in effort on their own initiative - they're the kind of people who immediately flee to a delusion when they realize getting a job will require them to talk to people.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.