[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running an SMT setting game soon, what elements would you incorporate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1495240255212.png (48KB, 137x139px) Image search: [Google]
1495240255212.png
48KB, 137x139px
Running an SMT setting game soon, what elements would you incorporate if you were running a game in the setting?
>>
>>53457607
gun
>>
>>53457607
>>
>>53457607
>>53457874
>>
>>53457874
>ONLY 11208 loyalty
Guess who's getting backstabbed tonight.
>>
>>53457607
>High School
>Social Link
>Dating
>Anime
>Bismuth
>Sleaze
those are some example
>>
>>53457897
Not my screenshot. I can't get it to work, because the game seems to be leaking RAM.
That's pretty strange, because TohoK works flawlessly.
>>
>>53457607
Social links
>>
>>53457918
back then computers didnt run fast enough for the ram leak to be noticeable
>>
>>53457914
All of these are not SMT.
>>53457923
[triggered]
>>
>>53457940
>back then
So you aren't a Demon Summoner who uses Persona and fuses magical girls from Madoka in his free time?
>>
>>53457607
Have the party be torn apart based on alignment toward the end.

It's not SMT if you don't kill your friends.
>>
>>53458004
>It's not SMT if you don't kill your friends.
It's not SMT if you don't kill your friends AND get a good ending.
>>
>>53457967
No.
I am a proud Daemon Warrior.
>>
File: 1474773531916.png (390KB, 800x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1474773531916.png
390KB, 800x1272px
>>53458022
>>
>>53457607
I did run one OP. I used a heavily modified version of 5e but after doing so a different system would have worked better.

Just know it can be very hard to run combat smoothly and quickly as everyone should have a demon. This is OK though as since everyone has one it's not like anyone isn't getting a turn. You do have to keep it moving and if you are going to use press turn keep in mind that slows it down even more but my players enjoyed the level of tactics it added. I highly advise allowing players to pass extra turns to allies as well as suing encounters with a variety of demons. This forces the players to use the element they have on one demon to exploit a weakness and get an extra turn that they can pass to an ally who has access to a different damage type.

I did alignment differently. Rather than have them choose alignments I had them just role play their characters and used a point system to track them.

I also made a new magic system that uses MP to make it more like SMT. That was a little difficult to balance but it was easy to do it on the fly by just adding chakra orbs to treasure they loot.

The hardest part and the thing that will take you the longest is stating enough demons.
>>
>>53457607
No matter what era I would have the current Raidou Kuzunoha show up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.