[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That campaign you've always wanted to play in but never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 44

File: IMG_0948.png (42KB, 244x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0948.png
42KB, 244x263px
>That campaign you've always wanted to play in but never will
>That campaign you've always wanted to run but never could

What's her name /tg/?
>>
File: thatsaspicymeatball.jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thatsaspicymeatball.jpg
87KB, 640x480px
Fittingly enough, a Fate/ campaign. But I don't have enough savvy players to run it, or another GM to play it.
>>
>>53454359
A campaign with people who aren't flakes, edgelords or retarded.
>>
>>53454359

a game about warring states, set in modern japanese high schools with street punks and aspiring yakuza.

nobody shares my vision. there's no system adequately perfect to cover this notion of teens messing each other up over petty shit and hair gel scuffles
>>
File: Nope (2).gif (284KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
Nope (2).gif
284KB, 267x200px
Any campaign where I'm not the GM.
>>
>>53454359
>>53454669

I would love to do a Dark Heresy campaign with some elements from the Type Moon verse like heroic spirits. Just imagine having Magnus as caster.
>>
File: Delivered.jpg (73KB, 680x699px) Image search: [Google]
Delivered.jpg
73KB, 680x699px
>>53454707
There is a Maid the RPG conversion known as Manly And Incorrigible Delinquents RPG. Might provide the framework for such an awesomely mundane setting.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Manly_And_Incorrigible_Delinquents_RPG

Have fun Anon.
>>
File: Post-Apocalyptic_Faithful.png (304KB, 1040x910px) Image search: [Google]
Post-Apocalyptic_Faithful.png
304KB, 1040x910px
I want to play in a Mad Max style campaign where in between kludging together cars and weapons we are searching out some rumored great place or item all while trying to survive the wasteland. I want a lot of car combat and chances for people on the outside of the cars to fight and a world that while strange is comprised of familiar pieces like Catholicism but since the apocalyptic event they now have traveling orders who seek to enforce their law across the land and look something like image related.
>>
Highschool ninja samurai waifu war.
Modern setting.
Legends of Wulin.

Techniques related to the school clubs.
Insane tournaments.
Factions.
The janitor is a retired super veteran who fell in love in tacticool tech and guns.
The Trial of Blood Dragon which is totally not a ripoff of The Goblet of Fire.
Ryu Hayabusa being a P.E. teacher.
Possibly abominations to Devil May Cry them.

Possibly in the Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden universe.

I have notes and plot hooks and adventures and shit.
And no one mad enough in this third world country to play with.

Somebody pat my back.
>>
>>53454359
A solo campaign.
If I do it for myself it's just not the same. Half a mind to run it on /qst/.
>>
>>53454915
...That sounds like it's be really fun. If it's any consolation, I'd play with you if I lived wherever you live.
>>
>>53454853
Not the one you replied to, but I just want you to know that you're the fuckin man for posting this
>>
>>53454968
What kind of campaign are you thinking of? Cause your average campaign won't translate to much in a quest.
>>
>>53454707
>>53455018
Do not give me that much credit. That stuff has been sitting on the wiki for some time but it is severely lacking in content.

The real content is here: https://pastebin.com/4GPrY6KF

For further inspiration read something like the manga Kongoh Bancho or watch Cromartie High (video provided) for a sillier take on the bancho concept.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gmwo4_cromartie-highschool-he-ate-my-pencil_tv
>>
Ars Magica. Players I want to play aren't interested. Players that are interested are radical progressivist college student neopagans who understand neither the rules nor the setting.
>>
>>53454359
fantasy power rangers
>>
Feng Shui 2e in some form or fashion.

Maybe a Far Cry-inspired game where the PCs are foreigners who get stranded in the middle of nowhere and have to fight off pirates, smugglers, revolutionaries, and crazy cult people.
>>
>>53454359
"Brown Box Business"

Friend Computer sends the Ttoubleshooters to deliver a package to Rob-B-IEE-3 in MUD Sector, Room 29c.

I never GMd a game of Paranoia, or any TTRPG for that matter, in my history of roleplaying. Plus I'm a bit of a perfectionist; I won't do it if I don't think I'll do it perfect.
>>
>>53454359
>To play
A Mage the Awakening game, I really dig the lore and think I'd be able to be creative with the spell casting rules! Even better would be a Seers game, because I don't play selfish pricks that often.
Pic related, I'd want to be a Seer who is this to uppity Pentacles.

Or a Continuum game, oh man

>To run
I really want to do a mashup of Spelljammer and Planescape, though with planes like MtG. I'd want to spend a long time cooking up planes, with a big hub city that's kinda neutral ground but everyone intrigues around it. Plus magic spaceships, with boarding actions and swashbuckling.
>>
File: 1487001744153.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487001744153.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Full powered xianxia campaign
>>
>>53454359
>>53454669
There's just no system that can actually run Fate, and that drives me right up the goddamn wall.
>>
>>53454359
>Play
Some mindlessly good murderhobo-ing in D&D 4E.

>Run
Right now I'd be happy for a stable player-base, but in an ideal world:
A heist campaign, starting modern day, with the players only pulling a heist every few in universe months (reason they're heisting in the first place to be decided during session 0. Ideally the players have indiscriminate license to steal whatever from whoever for a group of highly powerful corporations, just because it'll make it easier.)
For a few sessions it's relatively generic, perhaps a flair for the dramatic, White Collar/Leverage style, but somewhat plausible. Then their plan gets disrupted by a load of people across the world changing into odd, human-like creatures.
A few sessions later it happens again, but these creatures are brutish, stronger and tougher.

This continues, sometimes there'll be a few tweeest sessions on the trot, sometimes nothing for months at a time.

I want to run the career of the first Shadowrunners.
>>
A cyberpunk biker gang game based around Akira, where the city gets progressively worse till the pc's have to start dealing with insane flesh monsters and streel riots.

Or a game about hell truckers.
>>
>>53454359
I just want to play a superhero and save people
Already ran my perfect campaign, and it was fucking perfect (a world based on Zelazney's Amber using Mutants and Masterminds)
>>
>>53454359
MAID
>>
Always wanted to play in a fantasy campaign that had Band of Brothers vibe to it. Like, all the PC's are part of an army/merc unit, kinda want it to also feel like Chronicles of the Black Company. Too bad the only IRL group I can find has two people that qualify as That Guy.
>>
>>53459265
>a world based on Zelazney's Amber using Mutants and Masterminds

Tell me more.
>>
>wanted to play
Supervillain campaign in New York. Our GM just fucked off with no explanation.
>want to run
Metal Gear Rising
>>
>>53454898
Why don't I see assholes like you in the Game Finder General?
I need players looking for this aesthetic
>>
>>53459428
>Supervillain campaign
Either you're someone who knows how to have a goodtime and not take themselves too seriously or you're a faggot.
>>
>>53459284
Take me with you.
>>
>>53454359
>Wanted to run a cozy/creepy winter campaign because the threads on tg from a few months inspired me
>don't have a groups, only two close friends who like rpg but it's hard to reunite on a frequent basis
>don't know what systems to use
>don't know how to structure the campaigns and the encounter
>>
>>53459505
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html
Go ahead and make a character
>>
>>53454359
>play
I'd love to play a nice 5e or pathfinder game with a good dm. Someone who can improvise, and make the game challenging without forcing us to minmax.

>run
Traveller. The mongoose version looks most my style but I'd do any version. Unfortunately my players are busy and are more interested in medieval settings anyway
>>
>>53454669
I did it using Trail of Cthulhu. Fitting enough for local cops maintaining law and order in Fuyuki as PC's.
>>
>>53454359
shadowrun and shadowrun
my players are complete faggots, most of them have only heard that SR is UHHGH HARRRD but have no fucking idea, and the other one played THIRD FUCKING EDITION and uses that as a shield to never play with me
>>
File: Zoken.png (153KB, 313x422px) Image search: [Google]
Zoken.png
153KB, 313x422px
>>53454726
I was going to do it with D&D

The story would be bullshitted as Matou Zouken hired two participants to work together. The players would then have to pit up with starting at very different levels. Then I was going to give the modern day caster access to the d20 modern weapons and classes.
>>
>>53454359
A campaign that doesn't end just because we get to a 'high' level and the GM doesn't want to put in the effort to figure out encounters.

Every. Damn. Time. Everyone in my group but me apparently hates it when our characters can handle themselves.
>>
File: dean13.jpg (22KB, 465x315px) Image search: [Google]
dean13.jpg
22KB, 465x315px
Were I not busy today, I could tell you about her.
>>
File: 1494980409.jpg (296KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494980409.jpg
296KB, 768x1024px
>>53459735
NEVER EVER
>>
A campaign I thought of years ago about the soul of an ancient witch in the land of the dead coaching and misleading the living in order to make her magic not be forgotten. It was dangerous stuff for sure but also almost dead knowledge and she didn't want it all dying. I had a whole slew of people she'd be influencing subtly for the party to meet and slowly put the pieces together.

An alchemist that learned how to trap souls into cards and was holding his family's souls until he could find bodies to replace theirs, because they were going to die of incurable sickness and did the same soulnapping to other people. A necromancer who could only ever speak to the dead who learned about Geass and made a contract with the spirit of an old soldier to come back to life and help her and used the geass to bind him to life. He was not there against his will either. A mechanic who learned to make perfect homunculi and golems and was going more than a bit insane.

If none of this sounds powerful or dangerous enough, the original setting I had in mind was ragnarok online which is where I was introduced to roleplaying way, way back
>>
>>53459701
I feel your pain. I want to play Shadowrun but my group refuses to learn the rules, including the GM who runs the game. His usual response to someone trying to do something is to just have them roll the dice and then decide if it works. It leads to stupid shit like him saying that spells cast on concrete needs 12 hits.
>>
>>53459814
It's shit like that too, systems where you're SUPPOSED to be powerful because all the enemies are so powerful, that my group won't touch.
>>
>>53454359
I remade Majora's Mask from the ground up as a D&D campaign.

It never gets past the first day. Ever.
>>
>>53459333
The characters discovered that they had a unique power to travel outside the limits of Earth, and got involved in an ancient conflict between higher beings. It was very plot driven and there was a lot of plot.
They could basically "shadow travel" at will and I had lots of fun dealing with the insane crap they tried to pull
>>
>>53459463
I really wanted to do good old silver age supervillainy. I also liked the figure of the goon since I read the Superior Foes of Spiderman. But I also like dicks.
>>
Why not spin up some characters and play it solo?
>>
Hokuto no Ken for both.
>>
>Play.
Fucking anything.
It seems like I am the only GM I know who doesn't drop a campaign after a couple sessions so I have been locked in as forever GM.
I would especially like to play MAID, Dark Heresy, or Monsters and Other Childish Things from the other side of the table.
>Run.
I would love to run a campaign set in the LISA, or Drakengard universe.
Unfourtunatly none of my players have played any of the games and likely wouldn't even if I asked them to since all they play are Bethesda RPGs and shooters.
>>
>>53459149
Exalted can.
>>
>>53459218
>man
dank idea
>>
>>53460654
... dang, man. I've just started playing in a (one-shot-might-turn-into-a-campaign-according-to-the-GM) Lisa game. I never thought I'd see someone else craving it.
If that can comfort you, only the GM and I have played Lisa. The other two players are fine playing in a setting they don't know. So try it.
>>
>>53454359

A pokemon or digimon based RPG.
I'd really love to play, but all my friends shun the very concept.
>>
Reverse isekai. The players are actually awakened NPCs in an mmo. Surprise surprise, the people who play the game are assholes.
>>
>>53459149
I think it's irony that FATE would be pretty decent at running Fate now that you've said that, but I have a really loose grasp on irony to be honest.
>>
>>53459110
I SOOOO want that campaign, either as DM or player.

But it just seems like the people I know aren't into wuxia/xianxia, making a really difficult sell.
>>
>>53461154
That makes sense since that's only a coincidence

https://youtu.be/a2krXq8fw90
>>
>>53461219
Please go look up situational irony and pass the age of 18 before posting on 4chan.

Thanks.
>>
>>53460816
Neat.
What system are you using?
>>
>>53461260
Yrs they definition of situational irony doors not change the fact that what he said is just coincidence but i can understand your tenuous grasp of the English language, we all had to start somewhere.
>>
>>53461351
>doors not change

You're right anon, doors do not change and we all have to start somewhere with learning the English language.
>>
>>53461305
GM's homebrew. Very light because he's a roleplayer, not a cruncher.
We've got five stats that go from 1 to 3, and we roll dice yahtzee-style. Every point in a stat allows you to reroll once, and the higher combination you get, the higher your success.
He said he got to this from wanting something based on russian roulette.
>>
>>53461368
phone - induced errors do not change the fact that at least one anon doesn't understand irony or situational irony and uses insults to hide that fact.
>>
File: sad_opm.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sad_opm.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
>>53454359
>campaign you've always wanted to play in but never will
Any nWoD game where the ST knows the rules and plays the horror straight

>campaign you've always wanted to run but never could
A character based Mortals game where the party comes face to face with their personal demons and have to fight them off if they hope to ever escape the alternate world they have trapped themselves into. Pretty much not!Silent Hill.
But it's near fucking impossible, since not even a single player I've met ever wants to play a game that is both serious and puts their character in a disadvantage. Also, the amount of people who flatly no-sell a guardian gargoyle and try to talk or fight it is just disgraceful.
>>
I've been building a setting for a Dark Tower/Oregon Trail game. Essentially the party would travel across a continent, meeting people, exploring the wilds, I even wrote a town that is composed of nothing but mimics hidden just off the path. Big focus on gunslingers, robots and magic. Most likely would use SW. Shitty part is finding players.
>>
>>53454711
More the players I am part with, than the campaigns themselves.
Forever combat-focused DM playing in combat light political games
>>
>>53461790
>Any nWoD game where the ST knows the rules
Jesus fucking christ this
>and plays the horror straight
Even more of an impossible dream
It hurts
>>
File: mzwjdvfk.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mzwjdvfk.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>53454359

Play: Some sort of contemporary fantasy campaign that plays like a battle manga.
It'd be a long, globe trotting adventure where the PCs all start as weak nobodies from bumfuck nowhere and evolve into heroes that save the world.

Host: I've hosted every single kind of campaign I could ever want to.
Hosting whatever I want isn't a problem.
My players play in whatever I want to run.
>>
>>53461162
Yea, Wuxia is more well known but xianxia is virtually invisible. I'd love to play a xianxia campaign set in the Desolate Era universe or the MGA one.
>>
>>53461489
Sounds fun.
I might throw together something using rules from other games we have been playing.
A heavily modified MAID could work pretty well for battles and character generation.
>>
>>53458554
I know your pain, Anon.
TFW you love WoD but aren't retarded like most of the playerbase
>>
>>53454359
Call of Cthulhu set on the Titanic
>>
>>53462868
I'd rather Desolate Era over MGA, but that might be just me being slightly put off with MGA's MC.

Still... profound skills out the wazoo, weird reincarnation/soul shiznaz, divine pills of general awesomeness, and insulting young masters.

All in the time it takes to blink instead of my lengthy description.
>>
>>53463427 (me)
I'd be thrilled.
>>
>>53459149
That new one, kamigakari, can do it. Its got a literal heroic spirit race, a demon eye'd race, and a class that basically uses noble phantasms.

The creators a giant nerd.
>>
File: 1494446978353.jpg (141KB, 923x865px) Image search: [Google]
1494446978353.jpg
141KB, 923x865px
>>53454359
An SCP foundation monster-of-the-week game where the players are a taskforce put together to hunt down mysterious as unexplained phenomona and creatures.
>>
>>53463625
You could probably run a kickass GOC game via Delta Green. I'd play it.
>>
>>53463427
I like Chu Feng, he starts off edgy but he really grows into himself as the series goes on. I also think I like the setting more because I know less about it, where in DE they're exploring alternate universes now. I'd play any xianxia setting really.
>>
File: 1493636170957.gif (441KB, 1100x582px) Image search: [Google]
1493636170957.gif
441KB, 1100x582px
>>53454359
>wanted to play
SPACE FANTASY. Literally anything Space Fantasy. It's astonishing how few people run that type of setting or run it well, for that matter.
>wanted to run
A Megaman themed game where the players are reploid/cyborg/robot cops attempting to stop an evil scientist and his robot minions from taking over/destroying the city. I mostly have no idea what system to even run this in. Gamma World came to mind, but I am unsure.
>>
>>53454359

I would love to run an all Fomori classic Werewolf: The Apocalypse game. There would be many opportunities to incorporate sick humor and body horror into the story. I don't know anyone around me who would be interested, unfortunately.
>>
>>53454359
One campaign idea I've always wanted to try is an Only War campaign based on event horizon.
>Be on transport ship to war zone
>Gellar field malfunction
>For an instant the ship is unprotected in the warp until the captain pulls it out of the warp
>Shit has gone to hell, 80% of the crew is dead, 5% are possessed, and 12% have been driven mad
>The party doesn't know who will find them first, if a distress beacon has even been sent yet, who is alive, or indeed what happened

Essentially the ship would have had fucked up geometry from its time in the warp, cults and individuals driven mad by what they had seen while in the warp, crazy survivalists, and warp beasts prowling the halls.

Unfortunately I could never do this idea justice.
>>
I've always wanted to run a fantasy adventure exploring world that gets thrust into the galactic stage when the party discovers they're actually in the far future and the world is recovering from the last catyclysm
>>
File: Story_Image_1.png (353KB, 616x340px) Image search: [Google]
Story_Image_1.png
353KB, 616x340px
>>53464232
muh nigguh
>>
File: tg_lurker.png (99KB, 293x468px) Image search: [Google]
tg_lurker.png
99KB, 293x468px
>>53454359
>>That campaign you've always wanted to run but never could
Sunless Sea campaign. I fucked up the system twice before settling for Stars Without Number after it gets heavily homebrewed and tweaked. I always say I'll do some work on it, but work & studies equals not enough time for anything that involves too much thinking. Even if I do make it, good luck trying to find anyone willing to play it.
>>
>>53454359
I want to run a World Trigger campaign since it's modern, fun and deals with the problems of military and mercenaries of different worlds and how they attempt to negotiate and deal with each other.
>>
>>53464800
I like world trigger, but the main character tends to drag things down every so often. I get that its sorta the point, but he needs to get his shit together
>>
>>53454690

>Tfw eight sessions into a 5e game and players are still asking what die to use for skill checks
>>
File: 1489607622180.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489607622180.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
>>53454359
I'v always wanted to do a magical girl campaign but never found a group for it. My current group is completely edgy grimdark medieval no magic and I don't enjoy it at all. Would rather play cute girls doing magical things.
>>
File: 1468666525220.jpg (57KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468666525220.jpg
57KB, 1024x768px
>want to run a Metal Gear Solid campaign that is incredibly detailed and authentic, basically a love letter to the franchise
>can't find people who are just as much into the series as I am
>am afraid that casual fans that played maybe 2 or 3 of the games aren't going to appreciate what I'll be trying to do as much as hardcore fans

>also afraid of this actually being really pretentious and me overstating my ability to run games, maybe my ideas are by far not as good as I imagine them to be and not wanting to play with casual fans is just dumb elitism on my part
>>
>>53465118
That sounds terrible. Why even do that?
>>
>>53465226
Because I need a change to forced grimdark that could come out of the mind of a 14 year old listening to in the end while applying black mascara

Or why I'm doing the grimdark shit in the first place? Because it's literally the only group in my 2000 pop. village. My english is not the best so I'm usually not accepted in most R20 groups.
>>
File: this is how i demolitions expert.jpg (711KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
this is how i demolitions expert.jpg
711KB, 1280x1706px
>>53465192
Get some casuals and go for it. If you do it well, you might get them hardcore into like you and then they'll appreciate your work. And in any event, MGS is fun, so why not? What system do you plan on using?
>>
>>53465285
Poor guy. you have my sympathy.
>>
>Be artfag
>Had an idea to make a oneshot
>Haven't because my perfectionist bullshit would make me want to make EVERY SINGLE TOKEN AND MAP PIECE myself so I know it's just how I want it

I suppose I could and see if I could sell it on roll20 or something.
>>
Darksprint 2. A sequel campaign.
I tried it TWICE and failed.
Never do sequels.
>>
>>53459814
Not that guy but I for one would love to play an Immortals Handbook game with Gestalt Classes
Start at level 20 and work our way up
>>
>>53465311
I wanted to throw something together in GURPS but some recent threads made me consider Wild Talents.
>>
>>53465414
I can't make any recommendations for systems, I'm a relatively new tabletop gamer and only have experience with Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, and Black Crusade. I hear GURPS is super detailed and has rules and splatbooks for like any setting or scenario. That could be a good place to start. What's Wild Talents?
>>
I've always wanted to both play and gm some decent twilight:2000 stuff
>>
>>53465445
Wild Talents is a superhero system with a realistic and gritty tone, I thought it could fit Metal Gear because it could handle both the regular person to person action (sneaking and gunfights) but also handle supernatural people like Psycho Mantis or Quiet.

GURPS was my other choice because it could also handle the autistic realistic gun porn of Metal Gear (probably better than Wild Talents) and also has some splatbooks for superpowers, but I heard that the superpower supplements work best with weaker powers and Metal Gear at its craziest can get pretty over the top like Raiden stopping a ship the size of an oil tanker in its tracks and still walking after that.
>>
>>53454359
>>53454711
This.

As for what I've always wanted to run but never could, I've always wanted to run something like SMT3, where the world has ended and is in the process of being reborn, but the PCs use incredible magical powers to try to steer the course of the world's rebirth, fending off various factions that want to remake it in their own image or to fit their ideals.
>>
Talislanta and Talislanta
>>
File: 1493597294469.jpg (137KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493597294469.jpg
137KB, 800x900px
>>53465118
I kind of feel you Anon.
I have mulled over the idea of a mahou shoujo campaign a few times but decided against it since I only know one other person who is into the genre.
>>
File: dwarf miners.jpg (61KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf miners.jpg
61KB, 500x647px
>>53454359
Dwarf mining campaign. There's a cave-in, impossible to get through with all their combined might, but the small band of Dwarves just keep digging down and down. They dig into caverns constantly, and the monsters they fight just keep getting weirder and stronger.

At first, it's just goblins and moles, then it's orcs and ogres, then spiders and drow, then undead and necromancers, then kobolds and their dragon overlord, then the illusion-filled lair of Major Fae, then the remains of an ancient Dwemer-like civilization with automaton guardians, then, eventually, they awaken an eldritch God leagues and leagues below ground level. Still, pawning off the minerals and jewels they find will make them rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Their sanity drops steadily and become increasingly greedy, hot-headed, and untrustworthy of each other. They wanted to take from the mountain, but the mountain takes them.
>>
>>53465118
>>53465767
Magical Girls has a similar problem to Pokemon

the people who want to play it are kinda rare, and then the people who want it to play it the same way YOU want to play it are a minority within a minority

So you try to cobble a group together, and you end up getting the guy who has sailor moon memorized, Edgelord who wants to be Magical Punisher, some guy who seemed on board but turns out the only magical girl show they watched was Princess Tutu so they don't quite GET it, and the guy who has no idea what he's doing but figures it's just the Avengers + Teen Girl Squad and just wants to roll dice man
>>
I'd love to run or play a game set in pic related. Years ago I got as far as modifying Shadowrun and putting together a world guide and story arc for the players but abandoned it when I realized no one else was interested in playing it. I may go back and finish writing it up, I found the old Manga and my notes last week.

Holy shit, has it really been 20 years?

>>53465831
I'd play that.
>>
>>53465932
Still sounds okay to me. Anything is better when you have seen the worst that classical roleplay has to offer.
>>
>>53465683
I've never understood this "MGS is totally gun porn" meme. I could maybe buy it with MGS5, but the prior ones, it's hardly "/k/ the game."
>>
I've always wanted to play in a campaign is basically a wetworks squad for a medieval fantasy ruler. Where we're organized and professional and very stealth-focused. It just seems like a great solution for a lot of common frustrations: it answers why the group gets and stays together even if they have divergent goals, it provides a general theme to tie the game together, and you can fit it into so many larger storylines and still have a huge variety of individual missions. You could keep it episodic or tie stuff together in some larger arc about betrayal and trust, or just turn it into a generic "save the world" mission. It poses just enough limitation to fuel creativity while not actually preventing any good options.

Plus it's mechanically fun, at least to my taste which seems to differ from a lot of people. There probably wouldn't be a lot of big set-piece battles, at least until the party fucks up, and most of the gameplay would be about scouting and infiltration. Just because it's far and away the system I'm most familiar with I think in terms of 3.x and actually using disguise, climb, and bluff out of combat is exactly what I build a ton of characters around.

But honestly more than that I'd just like to find a consistent stable party of people that I can actually enjoy. I've met plenty of tolerable people but I just can't get into the game when people's entire knowledge of gaming (which is entirely limited to Dungeons and Dragons) is centered around internet memes that were stupid the first time I heard them. If I could just meet people who never mentioned "natural 20s" or "lawful stupid" I could finally find peace.
>>
File: Karate War.jpg (824KB, 1933x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Karate War.jpg
824KB, 1933x1400px
>>53465954
All I want is a Last Order style cyborg wuxia game
But none of my players really like wuxia and any cyborg shit they want is limited cyberpunk shit
>>
>>53454359
Anything not fantasy. Fallout , scp foundation esque, or regular d20 modern. I always get burned out before we start. Last time I tried to do one 20 minutes before the apococlypse, but got to depressed because what I was writing actually happening
>>
File: 1487899527590.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487899527590.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>53459149

GURPS is best
>>
>>53454359
>To play in
A high concept sci-fi/cyberpunk with thoughtful philosophy woven into a supportive plot, something along the lines of GitS but tailored to have an impact on the group.

>To run
A game where the players actually legitimately want to play the heroes of justice and are willing and invested enough to see it through. I was running this, but loss of player interest in story and not murderhoboing killed it.

>Bonus, to run, could not do with idea #2, could do as a player in another game
Dungeon Meshi-inspired comfy game about the little things like monster anatomy and trap components. I'd tweak some system to make it more skill and inventiveness based and make combat more handwavey and avoidance-based, or use /tg/'s Dungeon Meshi hack and modify that.
>>
File: sad.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>53459738
>>
I've always wanted to play in an Invid Invasion or Southern Cross-era Robotech game ala the original Palladium series with someone who isn't a complete fuckup. My only time playing it was with a fuckup who was completely incapable of understanding missiles....while I was playing a damned Beta pilot (virtually all missiles). Could've at least told me ahead of time, yah?
>>
>>53465352
You're forgetting the bestiary friend. With the famous Neutronium golem.
>>
>>53454359
>campaign you want to play in
I just want a nice heroic fantastical story set in a contemporary fantasy setting, but all the shit I've seen that mixes guns and magic is cyberpunk or just a fantasy setting with muskets.
>Campaign you wanted to run
I'm running it now and it's fucking glorious though it's probably far out of my capabilities of a GM and I'm worried my players might end up getting burned out on it.
>>
>>53464988
>playing GURPS as a sharpshooter character
>party often avoids combat, and we never try to fight fairly
>a few months into the campaign we get ambushed
>"Anon, roll to dodge"
>freeze, realise i don't remember what the fuck i'm supposed to roll
>it's been so long since anyone attacked me instead of our melee bulletsponges that i actually have no idea what to do
>have to ask the GM what to do
>look like a moron
Have some sympathy for us forgetful retards.
But forgetting how to roll skill checks is still a bit much.
>>
>>53466334
That's excusable. Hell my WoD group forgetting how many dice combat moves add and what difficulty rating they affect is excusable. Forgetting what the D20 does in D&D is not.
>>
>>53466334

I don't mind much if it's some kind of obscure check that almost never comes up for you. My players forget how to add a single modifier to a single die for a thing they have to do several times a session, from healing to attacking to damage to skill checks. Shit drives me insane, but I can't kick them since there aren't enough people interested in playing nearby.

Playing tabletop in the Midwest is hell.
>>
File: IMG_2662.jpg (134KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2662.jpg
134KB, 601x500px
>>53454359

Play: A game where my DM bothers to prepare and the people I play with aren't furfags or special snowflake homebrews

Run: A game where my players give a shit about the game, bother to understand the system, and don't treat their characters like statblocks.
>>
File: IH-EpicBestiary.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
IH-EpicBestiary.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53466217
>You're forgetting the bestiary friend
No I'm not
>>
DND 3.5 Eeberon
>>
>>53454359
>A game focused around leading a nation, with both larger than life heros, and large armies
I've played in systems that are decent for it, but my GMs always end up just focusing on personal heroics stuff, rather than letting me sit down and run my damn nation

>A campaign about a civilization that has never been exposed to magic finding it for the first time, and their experiences and dealing with new species, races, and resources
I've tried to run it before, it always falls apart. Sometimes before the first session even began.
>>
>>53454669
I would kill to play in a good Fate game. Either as a Master or a Servant, they both work.

>>53454707
>aspiring yakuza
Sold. Left me have a marvelous, and needlessly intricate, tattoo all over my back and I'm ready to go.

>>53460431
>>53459463
>Silver age
I think he falls under "Knows how to have a good time"
>>
>>53467710
>A game focused around leading a nation, with both larger than life heros, and large armies
I have no idea what a good system for this would be. GURPS?
>>
>>53454359
A hardcore tacticool /k/ as fuck campaign.

A hardcore tacticool /k/ as fuck campaign.

It would help if there was an RPG scene locally and also if I didn't work rotating 12-hour shifts.
>>
File: 1495758964138.jpg (162KB, 472x430px) Image search: [Google]
1495758964138.jpg
162KB, 472x430px
>>53454359
I just want to have a long running stock fantasy campaign where nobody OOC argues or doesn't take it seriously. Big group, do some cool shit, doesn't have much of an overarching plot but goes through a fuckload of adventures together over the course of several years.
>>
>>53468088
If it's any consolation anon I'd love to play in the campaign.
>>
>>53454359
Werewolf the Apocolypse

The game is like the hot girl you never had the guts to ask out.
>>
>>53458383
I'll play in your game. I love Ars.
>>
>>53454359
>run

Party are elite members of the (legal)court, answering to the closest advisors to the all powerful emperor. Over time, they come to the realization that the only way to continue their duties and maintain the natural concept of order is to turn against the emperor. Build up power, confront him, get sent back in time mid-fight. Campaign switches focus to the role the players ultimately played in the emperor's ascension, discovering the time loop the world is stuck in, and breaking that loop by manipulating their younger selves, and the emperor.
>>
>>53468308
Relatively normal on the surface, but turns out to be a weird eco-freak?
>>
>>53468455
And a furry, don't forget that part.
>>
>>53468455
or a straight up Malthusian.
>>
>>53468554
>>53468455
I fail to see the downside.
>>
>>53454359
I've only had this idea for a campaign for a short amount of time, but the idea's so much "something I'd like" I'm amazed I didn't think of it earlier.

Basically I'd love to run Re:Creators: The Campaign. Where every Party Member is from a different fictional universe in the setting itself.
>>
>>53468593
What system? All I could picture is FATE and GURPS, depending on what end of the complexity spectrum you're aiming for.
>>
>>53454707
>a game about warring states, set in modern japanese high schools with street punks and aspiring yakuza.

So... just Ikki Tousen the RPG?
>>
>>53468867
I was thinking I could use Mutants and Masterminds, as I've got that system mastered, and I haven't used FATE or GURPS. I think it applies quite well.
>>
File: 1355541879574.gif (420KB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
1355541879574.gif
420KB, 250x170px
>>53454359
Anything
>>
A campaign set in what would be a normal stereotypical fantasy world but move from Middle Ages to early Renaissance, I want to be in when gunpowder starts becoming commonplace for armies and magic is forced to adapt to this new tech that can be as deadly but more easily managed.
>>
>Play
-Noble Dark fantasy
-Shadowrun
-Star Wars
-Anything with a spoopy feel
-Halo

Almost every game I've played in quickly devolved into LOLRANDOM murderhoboing

>Run
Just once, I want to pull off the horrifying, creepy, and absolutely 3spoopy5me game. Something on par with the old Mars mining tunnels game posted on tg.
>>
I wanna play a hunter in a nWoD game that's just some dude, armed with only his 9mm and a library card.
The catch is I want to play him in a party of mixed monsters
>>
File: Arcville.png (68KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
Arcville.png
68KB, 315x315px
>>53468970
Actually, a real answer would be Degenesis.
None of my friends have even heard of it unless I'm trying to talk to them about the setting, and I don't know any other people who play TTRPGs other than the friend I ran a couple of short games for. They already don't like post apocalyptic shit as much as I do, but then you tell them there are two books, one full of lore and one full of mechanics and their eyes just glaze over. And it's not like there are any games for it online. FBM.
>>
>>53454359
My cosmic horror, haunted house, recursive time paradox Hunter: The Vigil/CoC/Silent Hill game. Escaping the house is the first step, escaping the loop is the second, standing up to the cultists trying to bring forth the emptiness from beyond the stars is the end game.
>>
>>53465226
Here's the thing man. Sometimes people enjoy a style or tone that is different from what you enjoy.
>>
I would love to either run or play a really atmospheric horror game, biggest roadblock is that my gaming circles are light hearted and it's kind of hard to inspire fear in any D20 system due to the monsters being so well known.
>>
>>53454359

I'd kill to play a decent airships and air pirates game.
Crimson Skies or something like that.

I just wanna be a Blue Rogue man.
>>
File: SLAVMAN!.png (868KB, 992x656px) Image search: [Google]
SLAVMAN!.png
868KB, 992x656px
>>53454853
Goddamnit, anon. Now I want to run a crime campaign with several parties playing as the various gangs and (possibly with the police to balance them) having them interact without knowing of each others existence. And possibly letting it escalate into an all out war, culminating in an IRL session with all groups present in which the city is bathed in blood, played as a battle between the parties.

This would even be easier as a GM, because the parties will generate plotlines between each other, creating suitably complex web of relations which I only need to keep track of and play out.

Fuck you for making me dream like this, anon.
>>
File: jakub-rebelka-warloc.jpg (203KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
jakub-rebelka-warloc.jpg
203KB, 752x1063px
>>53454359
>>That campaign you've always wanted to play in but never will
A comfy as fuck fantasy adventure dungeon crawl-a-palooza structured like Kuutei Dragons and Dungeon Meshi, where the party goes around killing things to sell loot, eat monsters, and find cool stuff. Especially important are lots of fun uses for dead monsters and nice meaty combat.

>>That campaign you've always wanted to run but never could
A Black Company style Reign game, where the party plays a band of mercenaries who go full Band of the Hawk.

Alternatively, I've always wanted to play a game like my sister did back when she was in high school. Her and her friends played a Vampire: The Dark Ages game for so long that they eventually transferred it over into Vampire: The Masquerade, and kept running it for a few years more.
>>
>>53454898
I've wanted to play a similar thing, but turning earth into an ashamedly uncreative deathworld by just taking things from various franchises to fuck it up. Post nuclear earth with fallout kinda stuff, vaults and prewar groups hidden away. Add in bandits and super mutants and all radiation beasties. Then add in mad max gangs and borderlands bandits to make sure everyone is crazy. Orks and squigs too because fuck it. Zombies too, even in death this world shits on you. Best clear out the hordes too as their are wild(no hivemind) zerg and tyranids too, to whom zombies are easy biomass. Since I'm just mashing worlds too get all of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R monster and anomalies in there too. Chaos cults because fuck you, but more viking less dark robes. Think actual vikings on motorbikes and thats close enough.

This campaign could never be taken too seriously but i wanted to see how stupid and hellish an environment could be made from mish mashing.
>>
Anything, I have been wanting to play/run for years but I have never been in a game, nobody wants to play where I live, and the few times I have tried to play online it has died before it even started.
>>
File: WraithOblivion2ndLogo.png (58KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
WraithOblivion2ndLogo.png
58KB, 300x170px
>>53454359
>>
File: rdJ9iN7.jpg (174KB, 1500x824px) Image search: [Google]
rdJ9iN7.jpg
174KB, 1500x824px
>>53454359
Cyberpunk Noir Deco style
With Players involved Mafia Drug/alcohol smuggling wars in the style of 20th century prohibition America, Cyker-speakeasy's n Laser Tommyguns.
To top it all off minor street level superpowers/fantasy

Kinda like Baccanno in 2088 Nocturne City
>>
>>53472527
That sounds fucking awesome.
>>
>>53454898
You could try Atomic Highway, the pdf is free on internet. It have vehicular combat, mutants and scavenging table
>>

The Battletech RPG campaign where the GM doesn't treat the setting like a handicap and doesn't bullshit houserule stupid crap into it like force powers and furries.

>That campaign you've always wanted to run but never could.
...I don't want to run campaigns, I want to play them. When I am forced to, I'd at least like to have my players see them through to completion.
>>
>>53472682
thanks dude!
I just dont know enough systems that would work with it especially in the Cyberpunk alley and I dont wanna use something too freeform so I can have some semi-balanceable combats in between the coups and intrigue
>>
File: ff7 cover art.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ff7 cover art.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>53472527
>>53472858
Seriously consider Shadowrun for at least the setting, if not the system. You can drop a bunch of the fantasy races and some of the more over-the-top magic, but much of the setting is about gritty cyberpunk street crime. I think you'd have a lot of material to work with. As for the base weapons, you can just say they're shooting lasers instead of bullets.

Dark Heresy is another system/setting you can consider. That whole game seems to be built for gritty urban sci-fi adventures. Again, modify the setting and rules to your liking, but DH could be largely useful out of the box as a base set of rules and setting.

If you need the PDFs for either, search /tg/ for Da Archive, it's a rolling thread where anons share all their game PDFs. The OP posts are, themselves, PDFs linking dozens, maybe hundreds of different anon files. Check it out here >>53338067
>>
>>53472858
CP2020
>>
>>53466052
I, for one, would be excited as hell to play in a move-by-wire-fu cyber wuxia game.
>>
>>53454669
>>53459149
Narrative heavy systems like the storyteller can do it well enough. Running it narrative heavy systems works best.
The storyteller system, for example.
Alternatively, for crunch heavy play, mutants and masterminds.
>>
File: eastwood.jpg (102KB, 980x500px) Image search: [Google]
eastwood.jpg
102KB, 980x500px
>>53454359
A lighthearted, heroic campaign that sort of merges fantasy with very soft sci-fi in a wasteland setting reminiscent of spaghetti westerns.
Kind of like the Wild Arms series but with less anime bullshit.
>>
>>53454359
Cyberpunk with a heavy plot, delving deep in to the philosophical implications of transhumanism. On both accounts.
>>
>>53454359
Anything with my real-life friends that doesn't collapse within a couple months from some bullshit happening to half the players.
>>
File: tumblr_nypj24TTsr1sm0g47o1_500.png (207KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nypj24TTsr1sm0g47o1_500.png
207KB, 500x374px
>>53474348
>anime
>bullshit
Pls stop
>>
>>53475333
But I do enjoy anime, doesn't stop me from acknowledging anime bullshit. No need to get defensive about chinese cartoons.
>>
A good Vietnam Campaign in 40k. I even did it with catachan.
>>
>>53454690
>tfw 2, nearly 3 months of consistent, fun sessions where everyone plays a non-edgy character well
>Only flakiness is on account of one player working a job in the medical field and getting called into work at random times (So we forgave him)
>It just went on hiatus cuz the DM is dealing with a lot of life stress.

>new temporary campaign involves a "Kitsune summoner"
>in 5e.

help
>>
File: 1494216346558.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494216346558.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>53475333
I am a big anime guy but GMs who throw in a lot of anime style elements are the worst unless it is handled very well.
Nothing takes you out of an adventure like a DMPC activating his super form and killing the boss before your party can do 40 dmg.
Of course some anime elements can work but most of the time it feels jarring outside of an anime style campaign.
>>
File: 09.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
Hellgate London game
>>
>>53454690
>tfw I gotta play a campaign with a guy who's apparently an archangel who was cast down and cursed with vampiric blood
I have to put up with it because not many people in my area are into tabletop RPGs
>>
File: battledress.jpg (193KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
battledress.jpg
193KB, 760x596px
>>53454359
I haven't given up yet
>>
>>53454359
I always wanted to play a low powered game of mystery and intrigue where fighting was a last resort sort of thing and pushing a bookcase on the monster was a viable strategy.
I've had this idea for a fate game set in a less stupid WH40K where players all start in the civil service and discover some HERESY in disguise on their planet. They then have to investigate, stop it themselves or somehow build a convincing body of evidence to get an inquisitor to come check it out.
>>
Run: a Dungeons and Discourse game. All the players are artist-philosopher-astronauts in out solar system, which has been colonized by the 1980s. Edison died in a freak accident, leaving Tesla to work his technomagic, leading to a huge boom in tech. The enemy would be Andy Warhol, who is converting Art into Business Trash. They have to give chase to The Factory, his giant spaceship/arthouse.

Play: a horror game that actually scares me.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.