[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.warhammer-community.com /2017/05/26/new-warhamme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 40

File: New40kPrimarisFeature-320x320.jpg (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
New40kPrimarisFeature-320x320.jpg
22KB, 320x320px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/26/new-warhammer-40000-primaris-space-marinesgw-homepage-post-4/
>>
Gotta sell those new models somehow
>>
>>53441595
So basically old marine commanders will still be t4 and shit. Great.
>>
>>53441769
Yeah but it sounds like the new guys don't get access to terminator or artificer armour
>>
File: New40kPrimarisCaptain.jpg (24KB, 1200x183px) Image search: [Google]
New40kPrimarisCaptain.jpg
24KB, 1200x183px
>>
File: New40kPrimarisInceptor.jpg (26KB, 1200x217px) Image search: [Google]
New40kPrimarisInceptor.jpg
26KB, 1200x217px
>>
File: New40kPrimarisCaptainAgainFull.jpg (94KB, 1200x606px) Image search: [Google]
New40kPrimarisCaptainAgainFull.jpg
94KB, 1200x606px
>>53441769

They'll possibly be cheaper though and have access to more options.
>>
>>
>>53441798
>>53441803
I just posted the two above these. Where did the full datasheets come from?
>>
>>53441803
>Mortal wounds

Is this the first time they revealed they're doing wounds sigmar style?
>>
>>53441827
That's been confirmed from the start.
>>
>>53441827
No, it's been about for weeks now.
>>
>>53441820

Seems like they updated the article afterwards.
>>
>interceptor
>Hellbrute

How do they differ from the normal Primaris marines?

Are they like made specifically for a role rather than being interchangable like normal marines?
>>
>>53441834
>>53441840
Shit, guess I missed that. Carry on then.
>>
>>53441865
They fill a FA slot, have better movement, can deep strike, have a midrange gun. They're nothing like the primaris tacticals.
>>
>>53441827
>>53441834
>>53441840
I'm still unsure what mortal wounds exactly are. Are they just wounds that you can't save?
>>
>>53441981
auto-wound no-save (armor or invul)
>>
>>53441986
It'll be a bitch if all the feel no pain style stuff gets to cancel them
>>
>>53441981
What >>53441986 said, but there may be ways to save or reduce mortal wounds like in AoS.
>>
>>53441995
Feel no pain I think explicitly gets to cancel them.
>>
>>53441995
FNP does cancel them, which is pretty stupid with all these "not magic shit" rules that are going to be handing them out. Why exactly does charging really hard ignore magical protection and force fields when it won't ignore having a medic nearby or being really fat?
>>
>>53442066
>being really fat
A D-cannon will go through basically everything, but even if it does take out the left third of a Plague Marine he can still keep walking.
>>
>>53442077
Okay, but why does charging really hard ignore an Iron Halo but not the presence of a nearby Ork Dok?

Why does a D-Cannon (in this retarded hypothetical) ignore models being able to dodge really well, a la genestealers?
>>
>>53442188
It's just a game man, use your imagination on how it works. Maybe it looks like the shot connected but at the last second the genestealer jumped away. It doesn't have to literally be "i got hurt but now I ignore it lol".
>>
>all this arguing about realism in a game where poison kills necrons
>>
>>53442188
It's not very narrative, but I imagine it's there because for game reasons they'd like an expensive unit to get a certain baseline of damage. Maybe it represents stabbing someone so hard you run them clean through the other side.

>Okay, but why does charging really hard ignore an Iron Halo but not the presence of a nearby Ork Dok?
An Ork Dok can sew someone's head back on. They're pretty good.
>>
>>53442188
A painboy can convince a corpse it's alive.
>>
I find it amusing that Chadmarines are much closer to how Mehreens were always flavoured. Manlets are not actually that impressive individually on the tabletop.
>>
>>53442323
Custom-made acidic rounds that interfere with necrodermis.
>>
File: ANGER.jpg (140KB, 499x751px) Image search: [Google]
ANGER.jpg
140KB, 499x751px
>>53442349

SOMEONE CAPTURE A PAINBOY NOW AND GET ME OUR FASTEST SHIP
>>
>>53442508
>Roit, get up
*Hammers on the pipes surrounding the golden throne for a few minutes*
*Injects some squig oil into the Emperor's knee*
*Emperor slowly, but surely, comes to stand, and looks at the xeno in a new light*
HOW CAN I EVER REPAY YOUR KIND
>Dat'll be four and a half teef, and I want a checkup in 'alf a year
>>
>>53442449

Incorrect.

-most- of the armies are made up of impressive super-elites in one way or another. A marine is impressive next to a guardsman, but so is an aspect warrior of a Necron immortal.

Superhuman, but on a galactic scale they just aren't that special and it's silly to lose sight of that.
>>
>>53442557
The really superhumans really suffer between the lore and the tabletop. 1 deathwatch kill team can take out an entire underhive of gsc in the lore, 1 eversor is a challenge for farsight's eight and some more, 1 custodes can take out an entire chapter of space marines, etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if 1 chadmarine get bumped to the level of every single one being able to kill a demon prince with their bare hands in the lore. We're at dbz powerlevel shit here.
>>
>>53442449
Why do we call them chadmarines?
I don't like that. They are cool new dudes and not even rules wise very impressive.

What was the chad counterpart? I want to call them that.
>>
>>53441803
So why aren't Primaris marines using these assault bolters in rifle form?
>>
>>53442593

>Deathwatch kill team can take out an entire hive of genecultists

Yes, through spec ops action. The tabletop game is a wargame where everyone lines up and shoots each other in a straight fight.
>>
>>53442633

Or in other words, play an RPG if you want to take down a genecult with a handful of marines.
>>
>>53442608
Because they're bigger than manletmarines and probably bully them and take their lunch money.
>>
>>53442608

Because the nerds who self inserted as super strong space marines are now second fiddle to the Super Space Marines, who get all the best gear and attention. For these nerds it's high school all over again.
>>
>>53442661
but manlet marines is already a degrading phrase
so you despise marines but also primaris?
that doesn't even make sense
>>
>>53442684
I think it's less to do with that and more that /fit/ successfully spread their Manlet meme to the rest of 4chan pretty thoroughly.
>>
>>53442707
I don't despise anyone, It's just a funny concept. I rally quite like the new marine models. I think the lore integration could have been done better, but we'll wait and see with that.
>>
>>53441803
no scatter dual-wield heavy bolters just after the ork preview... whole new edition for orks right? right?... right? *sniff*
>>
>>53441798
This guy seems surprisingly tame. He's got, presumably, +1W/T/A over a regular captain, but his lack of gear options makes him kinda meh.
>>53441803
These fuckers on the other hand, oh boy. Three guys carrying two suspensor HBs each, with jetpacks and +1T. Lack of options is still a thing, but who gives a shit when a MSU throws out 18 heavy bolter shots on a mobile, deepstriking and fairly tough frame.
>>
>>53442543
Fund it.
>>
>>53442848
Still, they cost 1/3 of the points of a knight errant, so they are not cheap.
They're crisis suits with better ballistics skill and no weapon options. They're not a cheap disposable msu, you'd have to insert them in just the right place to either make their points back in 1 turn of shooting, or in a place where they're safe for another turn.
>>
>>53442848
I wonder if we'll ever see a big customizable Primaris Captain kit like that old box they have for Space Marine captains.
Not going to get my hopes up though, they'll probably continue to monopose kits for HQs like they've been doing, and if you want a weapon from one kit, and a weapon from the other GW will say "Buy both :^)"
>>
>>53442543
>Muffled Squig noises can be periodically heard from beneath the Emperor's armour
>"Zog me boss, I knew dun I leff sumfing back inside.
>"But 'dun worry, job's still a roight propa good one, yer just got to 'ave a shoota handy next time ya go to da drops."
>>
>>53442323
It's not about realism it's about how the mechanics of the game have completely and utterly lost any kind of coherence. Do you not know the difference between internal and external consistency?
>>
>>53441595
>no new fluff
Come on!
>>
>>53442557
Yeah, but you rarely get a story of a single Aspect Warrior halting an entire WAAAGH! 300-style.

Everyone jobbed to Marines in the flavor since forever.
>>
>>53443011
It's just another kind of wound and save. It's not breaking the internal consistency any more than invulns and cover do and it's still simpler and more coherent than the system it was replacing.
>>
>>53443030
If Marines weren't SUBSTANTIALLY better than other factions warriors then chapters of 1000 of them wouldn't do or mean shit. This is a universe with troop carriers that can carry hundreds of thousands and armies that commonly number in the millions.

Marines need to be extra super special to mean anything at all.
>>
>>53443081
Maybe in the lore.
In the tabletop, we need to have 1/20 of a Chapter fight a battle against an insignificant sliver of a tiny piece of a Hive Fleet, and have a balanced game.
>>
>>53443081
Which is exactly my point.
S4, T4, W1, A1 Marines WERE NOT very special. T5, W2, A2 Marines however are.
>>
>>53441798
>2+ to hit

Man, is every character hitting on a 2+ now? This seems fucking dumb as hell.

What, exactly, is going to differentiate characters that are meant to be more skilled or fast when everyone has this flat 2+ to hit shit going?
>>
God damn, i'm gonna pick up death guard when the new models come, how hard will my friends primaris' marines fuck me up...
>>
>>53443138
That is why they have more special rules now, including their fancy auras.
>>
>>53441595
So this confirms that the Inceptor squad is basically just Crisis Suit marines? Pretty much just seems like a handful of Crisis suits with burst cannons. Slightly better AP and toughness, though I still can't really see somebody using these for melee that much.

Those guys are also floating close to 50 points each. That feels like a lot just for a couple of more mobile heavy bolters.
>>
>>53443160
Have we actually seen a proper death guard data sheet yet?
>>
>>53442477
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>53443271
Not that Anon, but I am fairly certain that has always been Geedub's explanation. Nids poison when used against Necron is actually super acid, DE poison is superscience mumbojumbo poison.
>>
File: 1495807253359.png (18KB, 214x175px) Image search: [Google]
1495807253359.png
18KB, 214x175px
So now SM are going to be OP as shit.

Fug.
>>
>>53443081
A fluffy primaris marine will likely be W8 T10 Move 20 and like 8 or so A
>>
>>53443299
And nurgle ?
Also means nids cant harm basic gyardmen with poison if they tune it for necrons ?
>>
>>53442449

Agreed. Not only does this offer GW the chance to revamp Marine models, but also it's a great opportunity to make Marines truly feel like superhumans instead of slightly better Guardsmen in power armor.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495629746052.jpg (43KB, 720x744px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495629746052.jpg
43KB, 720x744px
While I feel the 'Nu Marines feel a bit cash grabby and their fluff feels a bit flat, the community have wanted true scale ones since forever.

And now they are here. And people will complain.
>>
>>53441981
It is literally just an easier shorthand for "wound with no saves of any kind allowed." The concept itself is not new, just given a name.
>>
>>53443348
Nurgle: It's warp shit, I ain't got to explain shit.

Nid: No idea, pal. I am just the messenger.
>>
>>53443330
Unlikely, they all seem fairly costed so far.
Rubrics eat everything revealed.
>>
>>53443443
>Rubrics eat everything revealed.
how?
>>
>>53443363
They could have done that by updating space marine rules to reflect that and releasing these true scale marines as an optional marine model. This is just an obvious cash grab at the expense of every space marine player.
>>
>>53443468
It's a new model for a new unit. Nothing makes the old marine models or units obsolete.
>>
>>53443443
In what possible universe? If you said the Chaos Leviathan I'd have understood, but Rubrics are reasonable at best.
>>
Looking at this from a guard perspective:
If we assume an exterminator works like in 7E (8 Autocannons shots sounds loony!)
4attacks->3 hits
3 hits->2 wounds
2 wounds on a 4+ save is 1 damage that may or may not actually be d3 damage but I always assume the worst
9 heavy bolter shots->4.5 hits
4.5 hits->2.5 wounds
4+ save->1 wound average

So we kill one per turn at 36" and in return:
Deep strike into 18" range->18 shots
18 shots->12 hits
12 Hits->8 wounds
On a 4+ save->4 damage

It is very probable that a leman Russ exterminator as we know it will win, but just barely.
>>
>>53443459
Have you seen those fucking warpflamers?
>>
>>53443468
That is what I have been thinking too.

Just releasing them as truescale Marines with the option of still playing your old models (just like people can still play 1st or 2nd edition models if they want to) would have been fine. No need for a fluff update.
>>
>>53443330
Well, if we go by the assumption that 1 power is equal to roughly 20 points (since 5 power is a tactical squad accounting for upgrades), then that means this Primaris captain is 140, and the Inceptor squad is closer to 55 points each.

The Captain seems strong enough for his points, with a powerfist, MC powersword, and fancy pistol alongside his improved statline. That said, he also only has that single melee-focused loadout and is slower than average.

The other squad, conversely, feels quite weak. You're paying close to Devastator Centurion prices for something a bit faster, shorter range, and with less overall firepower and armor. Sure, they can deep-strike and have their assault gimmick, but a 1 in 6 chance of a mortal wound for each member of a 3 man squad isn't the best odds for assault. You want mortal wounds on durable elites that these guys would be ineffective against with their other attacks, and their standard attacks aren't any better than a normal assault marine squad while being triple the cost.
>>
>>53443533
It all depends on weather or not that power level is taking into account upgrades and what other spells the sorcerer will have access to.

If Power Level 6 is for 5 Rubrics with Warpflamers they'll be pretty reasonable.
>>
>>53442655

Inquisimunda or Shadow War Armageddon with enough modded rules might get you somewhere close to that for the tabletop. Although with the new changes to the base 40k rules with tougher models getting more wounds to keep in the fight (where before every Genecultist and Space Marine just had a single wound) it might be a slightly more even playing field. Going with a more narrative system or gaming style means each fight and objective translates into setting up bombs, deploying teleporter beacons, or capturing HVTs for information, which can represent larger gains in a larger narrative (e.g., Deathwatch team spearheading an Ordo Xenos initiative with the PDF) rather than simply killing every single genestealer one by one.

Still, you're playing a low-points Kill Team game in that instance, not contemporary 40k proper.
>>
>>53443529
Sure thing poorfag. Jokes but if Primaris marines arent costed appropriately they will push out SM.
>>
>>53443468
>>53443529
It should be noted that these new marines get fewer attacks than the assault marines probably will with their Chainswords. In fact I bet the two would be very fun to play together.
>>
>>53443562
I think they said in the articles that Power levels assume you fully kit them out since there is no reason not to do it.
>>
>>53443562
>range 8"
Yes, that'll have most enemies quaking in their boots.
>>
>>53443579
>if Primaris marines arent costed appropriately they will push out SM.
You just know they'll be OP as shit.

Or GW makes another rules blunder and manages to make Primaris Marines mediocre and oldmarines amazing resulting in all the WAACfags sticking to old marines and thus not shifting a sizable amount of Primaris kits.
>>
>>53443562
If it's like AoS then yes, all upgrades are factored in.
That said, while powerful once in range, that range is not doing those flamers any favor.
>>
>>53443599
>what are Rhinos?
>>
>>53443538
>8 Autocannons shots sounds loony!

the butcher autocanon (chaos equivalent) has been leaked yesterday as being 8 shot. i dont see why day after day you refuse to make the leman 8 shots
>>
>>53443593
The New assault marines don't actually seem that good for assaulting. They feel like they're trying to be more like flying Attack bikes.
>>
File: Space Sharks.jpg (128KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
Space Sharks.jpg
128KB, 500x304px
>>53443408

I think I'll be grabbing some of these marines for conversion projects. I never really liked the proportions of marines, but these things are exactly what I've wanted for a long time.
>>
>>53443189

Where's the point value come from? I don't see it on their entry anywhere, did the box set rulebook leak or am I just blind?
>>
>>53443459
>>53443533
Have you guys read the rules? Rubrics, which were at best a terrible unit for the last few editions, cost 6 power for 5, where crisis marines cost 8 for 3, and 5 rubrics shit out 17.5 autohits, 8.75 wounds and 5.9 unsaved wounds against flymarines. What used to be a terrible unit can now do their job properly and can kill more than their points in marines even in one overwatch.
I'm not saying flymarines are bad, just that they seem balanced. They cost an appropriate amount for crisis suit equivs, they die to things designed to kill them and they'll probably mulch medium infantry.
The Leviathan seems genuinely over powered, but that's FW anyway.
>>
>>53443579
>>53443579
No they won't unless they also release and make Primaris Assault Marines (which the interceptors are not), Primaris Devestators (Hellblasters so far as we know can only take plasma), Primaris Sternguard Vets (cause Combi weapons fucking rule now), etc. The normal marines have way more versatility with their options and upgrades compared to these dudes.
>>
File: New40kDatasheetsRubric.jpg (630KB, 1200x1046px) Image search: [Google]
New40kDatasheetsRubric.jpg
630KB, 1200x1046px
>>53443695
Meant to include statblock
>>
>>53443657
>>53443657
How do you know that? I haven't seen them yet but I presume they get two attacks plus the chainswords +1 and the pistol for mid-fight shooting.

So the bigmarine guys deep strike and run alongside the smolmarines. The bigmarines fire basically double heavy bolters and the smolmarines their pistols. The whole group charges and the smolmarines provide the cutty to the bigmarines shooty while also grabbing 1.5 moral wounds on the charge.
>>
>>53443408
The dreadknight has a new contender for most ridiculous model. You could field an army of buzz lightyear assault marines and they'd feel less goofy than these fucks.
>>
>>53442557

That isn't really true though. Single chapters have wiped out entire Craftworlds, stopped entire hive fleets. Single marines have killed the Swarmlord in duels, punched out the Avatar of Khaine, beaten Daemon Primarchs in duels, etc.

The only people in the setting that are really comparable are Phoenix Lords like Maugan Ra, but consistently there are no other factions in the galaxy that have feats matching Space Marines. The fluff simply doesn't support the notion that pound for pound Marines "aren't that special".
>>
>>53443748
By "new assault marines" he meant flymarines.
>>
>>53443695
Sure, but range 8/move 5 vs range 18/move 10.
>>
>>53441595
>you can totally use you old space marines

I guess that translates into, yeah sure you can use them but they are total shit now seeing as how these 3 models can pump out 18 heavy bolter shots as assault.

Honestly, I think the table top is done for me, I'll probably just start collecting forge world and HH stuff, like legions and Titans.
>>
>>53443648
A thing that has it's own power-rating and thus makes the comparion imbalanced?
>>
File: 1495662044471.jpg (63KB, 480x630px) Image search: [Google]
1495662044471.jpg
63KB, 480x630px
>>53443766
Fuck you this paint scheme is awesome.
>>
>>53443809
>why would I ever use tactical marines when terminators are so much better!
>>
>>53443826
Well comparing things in a vacuum is inherently flawed, just imagine trying to look at the power level of Tau units last edition without taking into account Markerlights.
>>
>>53443857
>terminators
>7th
>good
I hope you are having the giggle mate. Terminators were one of the worst units in 7th. Now if you are talking 8th, oh yeah, my deathwing are gonna be happy as fuck.
>>
>>53443693
Extrapolating based on the fact a tactical squad with full upgrades is 5 power. This squad would easily work out to be around 150 points total
>>
>>53441803
Fuck this, they shouldn't be fucking heavy bolters, that's too fucked up.

And they carry two of the fucking things, which will either be twin-linked or six fucking shots depending on how they go about this.

There is no reason for these to not have been stormbolters. Like this, there's no reason to take heavy bolters on anything else, including devastators. The loss of range means nothing when you can just deepstrike them onto any target and unload, and likely survive against any horde you're shooting at.
>>
>>53443468
>They could have done that by updating space marine rules to reflect that and releasing these true scale marines as an optional marine model.

If they updated normal Marines to be 3x the cost with super stats then you people would be screeching about how now you can't run your full existing Marine armies because GW kneecapped the model count.

I pity GW for having to deal with this fanbase, I really do.
>>
>>53443830

Bombshell Miniatures has some clear domes for space helmets. I'd build the fuck out of a Buzz Lightyear conversion.
>>
>>53443408
wait there's really a shark in that box?
>>
>>53443800
Again, I am in no way saying one is better than the other. I'm saying they seem balanced, rubrics are designed to eat marines and they actually do this edition, people had concerns that Primaris marines were going to be OP.
>>
>>53443938
No, that just means I have to put less on the table or, shocker here, actually use combat squads :O
>>
>>53443906
Not the argument I'm making m8
>>
File: yes.jpg (2MB, 3466x2776px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
2MB, 3466x2776px
>>53443408

that picture is actually incredible

good job anon
>>
>>53443978
Of course
You mong
>>
>>53443938
>screeching about how now you can't run your full existing Marine armies
Most people that collect marines have such large Marine armies they can't do this outside of apocalypse anyway.
>>
>>53443906
>his point
>your head

He's saying that bleating about a model being OP based solely on a stat line, with no points or broader context, is absurd.

This is like comparing Termie and a tac marine based solely on statline, and asking why you would ever use a tac marine.

Bunch of hysterical chicken littles around here, good lord.

It's also really fucking funny to see people freaking out about goddamn heavy bolter. Heaven forbid heavy bolters actually be useful for something for once!
>>
>>53441803
>>53443936
Personally, I was expecting it to be a pair of Storm Bolters, but given that Sternguard Ammon that's AP 3

18" range, S 4, AP -2. There you have a short range high powered shooting option that has some justification in fluff. Maybe even say Cawl's design of the gun got rid of the Gets Hot issue, or that the giant shields prevent any sort of dangerous blowback from the shells.
>>
>>53444007
QFT I have a lit 80 marines for dark Angels alone, because I collect them.
>>
>>53443706

this, primarines have their uses but they're lacking in flexibility
>>
>>53443776
You're taking the exceptional and making it the average. The average marine is good but they're Eldar Aspect warrior good or Ork Nob good not special character good.
>>
>>53443408
40k has no coherent scale or human proportions, never has, and that's fine. Epic was even worse, with three independent scale systems that were still contradicted freely.
>>
>>53444007

People would find a way to whine, believe me.

We've got people in this thread ready to quit the game over a model whose weapon statline we don't even know, to say nothing of its actual points cost or abilities.
>>
>>53443776

>people wonder why xeno fags love being overpowered as shit

>when its all they've got cos they're irrelevant in the lore
>>
>>53441783
Holy shit is that FIVE attacks?

What the fuck is he even doing?

The term whirlwind of blades comes to mind.
>>
>>53444067
The average marine varies in how good he is, but they're far beyond ork nobz in the lore. A squad of twenty might kill a marine, but the average marine in the lore is generally between nob and warboss, with warbosses requiring killteams to take them out.
>>
>>53444067

They aren't though as Marines regularly go up against aspect warriors and nobz and kill ten times their number.
>>
>>53444120

boyz get two base

swarmy gets 7

robot gorrilaman gets 6

models just have more attacks now anon

who would have thunk
>>
It's been stated that Primaris Space Marines haven't yet been introduced, or have only recently been introduced, to Chapters with more extreme geneseed mutations, and it's been hinted at that they may react a bit differently than even the basic marines.

How do you think this is going to play out when it comes to the Space Wolves, Blood Angels, or other Chapters with extreme mutations the Black Dragons?

Would the mutations be more pronounced, essentially giving the Space Wolves and Blood Angels their own analogues to CSM's Berserkers or Plague Marines?
>>
>>53444120

Add to that he can fire his gauntlet in melee. So that's 8 attacks altogether.
>>
>>53444167
Except howling banshees mince marines readily and Eldar guardians are considered a serious threat.
>>
>>53444168
We still haven't seen the boy statline, stop assuming they're going to be S3 A2
I mean, they could well be, but khorne berserkers get 2 fight phases now so it's just as likely that they get more attacks
Also 2 base attacks would contradict your clam that they get more all around.
>>
>>53444181
>Would the mutations be more pronounced, essentially giving the Space Wolves and Blood Angels their own analogues to CSM's Berserkers or Plague Marines?

Nah
they'll be like regular SW or BA, but bigger

I think i'll buy a small squad, but won't include them in my SW army. Gonna use them as prototypes for a new colour scheme and army
>>
File: 40 keks.jpg (481KB, 1560x1059px) Image search: [Google]
40 keks.jpg
481KB, 1560x1059px
>>53444145

they lose to protagonist powers

this is why the tau can 360 no scope a marine with a plasma gun, because its happening in their game

but of course marines throw a bitchfit over it because they're not used to being the ones getting worfed
>>
>>53444225

we know the choppa gives an extra attack, and they can fire pistols, so they come out with one extra attack overall

looks like CC infantry will actually be better in CC than a ranged model by an appreciable amount now

thank god
>>
>>53444234
But if 90% of the lore is from a space marine perspective, and if 90% of the time 1 space marine can take on a dozen nobz at once, surely that makes that the standard? We can't assume everyone is the lamenters and take realistic casualties in the background.
Plus nids and orks lose in their own codices, it's just the weeb factions.
>>
>>53444184
only in his own shooting phase (which requires him to fight 2 rounds of combat first)
>>
>>53444264
A pistol shot isn't an attack, it hits on a 5+, and before boyz could get up to 5 attacks on the charge (2 base, +1 two ccws, +1 charge, +1 stampede hammer of wrath), now it's 3 real attacks and 1 shot in the dark AFAWK
>>
>>53444120
The additional attack from two weapons is already baked into that, so he has the same volume of attacks a wolflord or chapter maste has, and one over a mini-captain.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (101KB, 673x835px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
101KB, 673x835px
>>53444181

obviously blood angel primarines will all end up in the death company because enhanced connection to the geneseed means enhanced visions.

space wolf primarines will turn into super dooper wolves that the great wolf will ride into battle on

prime wolves

and the dark angels primarines will immediately turn to chaos and/or an orgy will ensue
>>
>>53444313
which makes sense, considering primaris marines give +1w and +1a, so he has 1 more attack than a regular dual wielding captain, (and likely 1 more wound too. I expect captain equivalents to have 5 wounds)
>>
>>53444311
To be fair though, they're now hitting on 3+ against pretty much everything, rather than just Guardsmen and the like.
>>
>>53444408
We still don't know. It's very possible for them to be dropped down to WS 4+. We've seen no statline.
>>
>>53444496
That's true but it seems likely they'd be WS +3.
>>
>>53444496
every ws4 model we've seen so far has become ws3+

Altho genestealers did drop to ws3+ so who knows.
>>
>>53444531
Well WS 2+ seems mostly reserved for HQs, it's not a direct WS 5 = WS 2+.
>>
>>53444067
Ahaha

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Kill_Hill_(Short_Story)

Yea I'd lov to hear the story of the lone Ork Nob that could build a mountain of marine corpses
>>
>>53443177
I feel like this is just going to make for cluttered as fuck unit profiles.
>>
>>53444273

the novel dante does a good job of writing marines proficiency, an orbital explosion rigged by the necrons blows up most of the leviathan tendril coming for baal and temporarily knocks the nids insensate.

this gives the marines time to set up a baricade around their stormravens while the wounded guardsmen get loaded onto it.

the nids come slowly at first and the marines have armored support, so they are able to ward of the enemy attackers.

but they start getting picked off one by one, one marine gets his throat bitten out when a hormagaunt leaps over the corpses of its fellows, another gets dragged under and savaged by a pack of the creatures and a third is only saved when dante intervenes.

they reinforce with terminators but a carnifex gets close, stomps a rhino flat and rips a terminator in half before one of his brothers can punch the things face off.

the marines start pulling back and the vehicle support they had gets extracted, they flee back into the building to the landing pad and lose another marine to a warrior, then karleen loses himself to the red thirst and dante has to drag his useless ass out of the fire.

all in all they lose maybe 7 marines in that fight including a terminator, and its described as pretty devastating since they where wittled down from 3 companies to about 120 men

they managed to gain kill rates that where amazing, but they were not gods of war, and every man they lose is a devastating loss because it takes about 100 years to train a tac marine and only a few seconds to kill one.

but yeah, it seems like its the angels successors who suffer the worst losses usually, other authors seem hesitant to murder off large numbers of other chapters
>>
Do think these guys will be size 2?
>>
>>53444592

>over the course of 15 years

ghazzy could claim to have done similar, as can commander farsight, or just a basic crisis commander actually
>>
>>53441595
who cares, i ain't buying your shit
>>
Am I the only one who wants to use Primarus Marines -only- allied into Imperial Factions?

IE: 1 or 2 squads supporting 100+ guardsmen and some Inquisitor

While I can place them in my SM army, the scale difference makes me feel iffy. I don't MIND them being bigger... I just don't want them on the table besides my regular marines.

Next to others, playing the role of "true scale marines" with some very needed profiles to help the Imperial Forces? That sounds fine to me.
>>
>>53444408
Is that really how melee is going to work? There's not going to be any modifier because of different to hit numbers? Seems kind of odd that someone would have the same chance at hitting a Custode or a Primarch as they would a Fire Warrior.
>>
>>53444780
Yes.
>>
>>53444772
That seems like a decent way to handle it. Personally, I would only want to use them for marines that are explicitly supposed to be taller than other marines, like Alpha Legion stuff or that one Exorcists character who's supposed to be huge.
>>
>>53444780
>There's not going to be any modifier because of different to hit numbers?
There might be modifiers attached to certain characters but not as a result of hit numbers.
>>
>>53444728
Bend over, bitch.
You know you want it.
You're gonna buy it
And you're gonna like it!
>>
>>53444795
As far as melee goes it seems like Hordes will be out preforming smaller elite units then. Sheer weight of numbers will be much more powerful in 8th.
>>
>>53444281
wat
>>
>>53444780
It is a little odd, but it's better than the alternative where a Bloodthirster is still only hitting a Fire warrior on 3+ while getting hit on 5+ in return, and that's the same as if it were fighting that or the space marine.

I'd rather the Bloodthrister hit on 2s and kill stuff effectively, while the marine's skill is still shown off in hitting on 3s while a fire warrior would still hit on 5s, but the difference isn't as big when the thing still has really high toughness, armor, and everything else against basic punches.
>>
>>53441803
This already needs an faq.

RAW the Crushing Charge ability doesn't apply to the Sergeant.
>>
>>53444854
>This already needs an faq.
No, it just needs to ignore trash people until they go away.
>>
>>53444838
Pistols are fired in the shooting phase, even if you are locked in combat. They dont fire in combat anymore, or give dual wielding bonuses.
>>
>>53444780

I would try not to sweat the numbers. They're abstracted means of playing a tabletop game, mechanics designed to both simulate and produce realistic results.

But, quite frankly, part of 40k's old bloat was charting hits for melee. And as >>53444841 points out, it was little better in the older editions than it will be in 8e.

Now everyone is killy against everything else equally, but with the changes to wounds, their own killing power might be negligible. A Fire Warrior might be able to get a lucky knife thrust on a Gretchin, but that same shiv isn't going to do much against the Swarmlord comparatively.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNIB-Warhammer-40K-Dark-Imperium-Box-set-Preorder-Split-Deathguard-Only-/182592135195

Good deal or no?
>>
>>53444911
I suppose, but it seems like the number of extra hits will be pretty extreme. Normally an Ork would hit a Custode on a 5+, so if a mob of boys attacked 30 times they hit ten times. Now they'll hit 20 times. That's pretty huge.
>>
>>53444956
Bad. The box is going to be 160. The cost of the rule book swings it solidly in the other guy's favor.
>>
>>53443408

> The community.

Not really, a few autists who can't seem to understand how scale and miniatures work kept complaining and now every 40K player has to suffer the skub.
>>
>>53444904
Ah right, sorry for being a retarded newfriend
>>
>>53444982

Just care about the models. I'll prolly just download a scan since books are overpriced as fuck anyway.
>>
>>53444956
Probably not as much. If this box is around 150 like we think, then you're paying half the cost for what amounts to a third of the value, since he'll be getting the loyalist marines along with the 60 buck rulebook.
>>
>>53444960

Custodes would also get a good deal of extra attacks in, and probably have more wounds to manage those hits with.
>>
>>53444196
>Except howling banshees mince marines readily

Do they? Show us some examples in the fluff of Banshee squads decimating marine squads.

>Eldar guardians are considered a serious threat.

All enemies of the Imperium are "serious threats". Doesn't change the fact that they get massacred en masse.
>>
>>53445005

It's 160 retail.
>>
>>53444717

>Maybe Ghazzy, the strongest ork in millenia, or Commander fucking Farsight is comparable to run-of-the-mill Astarte #237428743

That's exactly the point. Only hero characters from other factions are comparable to Marines. Everything below that level are just fodder.
>>
>>53445019
In fact, I have an opposite example. In the last Night Lords novel the members of First Claw slaughter dozens of Banshees until Jain Zar herself shows up to BTFO First Claw.
>>
File: assault bolter.jpg (16KB, 792x60px) Image search: [Google]
assault bolter.jpg
16KB, 792x60px
Guys, I'm getting worried about the storm bolter
>>
File: Biel Tan Stronk.png (216KB, 402x226px) Image search: [Google]
Biel Tan Stronk.png
216KB, 402x226px
>>53444167
>They aren't though as Marines regularly go up against aspect warriors and nobz and kill ten times their number.

Nobz, yes.

Aspect Warriors are almost always written as entirely equal to Marines. The only exception is Goto, who has a raging hateboner for elves.

>b-b-but the Invaders killed a craftworld!

The Invaders killed a tiny, completely decimated craftworld that had already been mostly destroyed by tyranids and daemons, and the vast majority of its population were either dead or had left already. When Marines attack a real craftworld, they get BTFO.
>>
>>53445121
Manlet Termies can't have nice things.
>>
>>53445121
Have they revealed storm bolter stats yet? I want them to be assault 4 s4
>>
>>53443138
No one cares faggot
>>
>>53445143
>When Marines attack a real craftworld, they get BTFO.

Like Alaitoc?
>>
>>53445121
If a boltstorm gauntlet is basically a powerfist with a storm bolter attached on to it, storm bolters might share the Pistol 3 shooting profile.
>>
>>53444854
No youre just retarded
>>
>>53445143
>When Marines attack a real craftworld, they get BTFO.
The Sons of Orar didn't get BTFO at Alaitoc. Though once reinforcements arrived they realized it would be M.A.D., and then decided it wasn't worth that when they realized the Dark Eldar and an assblasted Planetary Governor had engineered the whole thing for petty reasons.
>>
>>53443936
>either be twin-linked or six fucking shots
Is there a difference?
>>
File: 1308948803479.png (124KB, 322x287px) Image search: [Google]
1308948803479.png
124KB, 322x287px
>>53445164
>assault 4 s4
>>53445188
>Pistol 3 but still 24"

Wonderful things we will not get.
>>
>>53445093

Aw yeah, I remember that.Perfect example reason, a single squad of Chaos Marines just tearing through untold amounts of Banshees.

Talos even killed Jain Zar with his suicide bombing at the end didn't he?
>>
>>53445019
>Do they? Show us some examples in the fluff of Banshee squads decimating marine squads.

Not Banshees specifically, but PotW has Striking Scorpions absolutely wrecking squads of Marines with almost zero casualties. They 1v1 them pretty easily.
>>
>>53443719
warp flamers are incredibly good now.
>>
>>53445299

To the contrary, having read the Eldar trilogy I distinctly recall the tide turning when the Marines board, with the Eldar being shocked at the massive casualties they suffer once the Marines enter the fray.

I mean Karandras got one-shot by a no-name dreadnought in that book.
>>
>>53444874
>>53445200
>GW doesn't even have to proofread new rules and I'll keep sucking their cock

You're the reason we get shit like 7th edition. I'm trying to stay optimistic here but fuck if it isn't hard.
>>
>>53445297
>>53445299

So the final conclusion is that shit always works out for the protagonists no matter how silly it is in comparison.
>>
>>53445063
>That's exactly the point. Only hero characters from other factions are comparable to Marines. Everything below that level are just fodder.

You realize there's recent fluff where a pair of Harlequins - not even Solitaires or anything - literally slaughter their way through multiple Custodes, right?
>>
>>53445384
Basically, yeah. Warhammer fluff tends to be awful at consistency in terms of numbers and power levels.
>>
>>53445372
I'm just citing from the combat we see in detail.

1v1, Striking Scorpions were winning against Marines.

Eldar probably consider those losses huge because they have small populations and every life matters. Against the Guard they were taking minimal casualties, against the Marines it was one man for one man essentially.
>>
>>53441803

Are these guys Tau Crisis now?
>>
>>53443408
>40K is only now jumping the shark

Nah, fuck off.
>>
>>53441803

...jesus, that's crazier than I expected. Seraphim are really looking out-classed in their own role now.
>>
>>53445452
They're similar, but these dudes are going to be better at CC and tougher in exchange for being far less flexible.
>>
>>53445398

Yeah I'm aware. Harlequins are to Eldar what Grey Knights are to Marines.
>>
>>53445499
You have the seraphim stats?
>>
>>53444585
surely, they are going to do some switching around to justify a new edition. it's not like they intend to improve the game versus just changing it around.
>>
>>53445219
Twin-linked lets you reroll any of your missed missed three shots.
Six fucking shots is six fucking shots.
>>
>>53443529

Unless manlet marines are aggressively undercosted Primaris marines are going to be straight superior to them. By the looks of it they will cost marginally more points but be much better, hence obsoleting every marine model to the display case.
>>
>>53444821
you know you're going to end up emptyhanded, buddy
>>
>>53445543

No but we know what weapons they have. 2 bolt pistol shots doesn't really match up to 6 heavy bolter shots.
>>
>>53443549

Then everyone would complain that gw are making a quick cash grab to force all marine players to rebut their whole armies.

No matter what they did, there was always going to be whining on the internet.
>>
>>53445633
I predict a lot of counts as 30k armies in the near future.
>>
>>53444772
Same. I want to run them as a heavy intervention unit for my guard.

Guard provide the bodies and the ordnance, marines provide a strong surgical strike at the right moment... kinda like how marines are supposed to operate.
>>
>>53445620
New Twin-linked simply doubles the number of shots, no more re-rolling misses.
>>
>>53445647
You'll be back. Because you just can't help yourself at losing interest in 40k

You can never ignore it, otherwise you'd shut up about it and not even pay attention to threads like this.
>>
>>53445620
Hello 7th edition
>>
>>53445773
DONT LEAVE MEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
You know apart from the primaris marines it seems that almost all Imperial GW models are either missing their waists or have stunted legs.
From Cadians to Custodes they all seem to either have had their waist skipped over going almost straight from hip to ribcage or it looks like their things were shortened to half, in the case of old marines it was both.
Why do you guys think this is such a consistent problem across GWs model range?
>>
>>53445510
Are we actually sure they can't get another weapon options?
>>
>>53445620
I see someone lives under a rock.
>>
>>53445843
Waists are the least exciting part of a humanoid body.
>>
>>53441803
So they shoot both guns right? That mean 18 S5 AP -1 shoots?
>>
File: 010-Size-Comparison.jpg (108KB, 1024x854px) Image search: [Google]
010-Size-Comparison.jpg
108KB, 1024x854px
>>53445899
But the presence of one makes the difference between looking heroic and hilarious.
>>
>>53445299

I want to see a Striking Scorpion Exarch with a Scorpion's Claw 1v1 a Primaris Marine sergeant with a Boltstorm Gauntlet.
>>
>>53445633
Primaris have no versatility. Normal marines will still be used.
>>
File: ROCK[1].jpg (8KB, 180x132px) Image search: [Google]
ROCK[1].jpg
8KB, 180x132px
>>53445698
That's painfully brutal.
>>53445888
Look man, it's hard life and hard to get good internet down here.
>>
>>53441595
i literally just now started reading about new edition getting streamlined and all codexes updated at the same time

pretty hype.

what are some main changes to the rules?
>>
>>53443468
Space marine player here, how is this at my expense?
>>
>>53445648
Think of it this way. At 8 Power Level, Interceptors are priced the same as Rubric Marines. In 7th ed terms, one squad of Interceptors would be priced at 150pts. In comparison, a unit of Seraphim in 7th ed is priced at 75 pts. For every Interceptor unit, you could take 2 MSU Seraphim squads to establish board control.
>>
>>53446014
Everything changes. Things are moving towards AoS, meeting somewhere halfway.
Just read the GW community page, it's all there and typing that shit up would take forever.
>>
>>53446014
Why not have fun reading the reveals for yourself and form your own opinions?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/
>>
>>53446055

Kinda depressing to go 'Yeah, that thing that was unique to you in 40k? Marines have it now and they are better at it' though.

Which was sorta my annoyance. SOB have so very few unique things and now there is even less with Exorcists and Seraphim no longer unique.
>>
>>53445648
That's a bit like saying Heavy Bolter Centurions are better than basic Sisters of Battle squads with their normal bolters.

Technically accurate, but ignores a boatload of other factors.
>>
>>53445678
Huron did it right
>>
>>53445648
>>53446147
Literally bitching about the unknown when this news update alone shows an assault 3 pistol. We have no clue just how gun-kata the seraphim will be in the new ed. You sound like the chaos retards crying about 2+ to hit no longer being kharn's sacred cow, even though mephiston still has it in 7th to an extent.
>>
>Basic infantry with 30 inch range better-bolters
>Elite units loaded up with plasma
>3 man jetpack teams with 8 inch range double heavy weapons

Where were you when Space Marines became Tau?
>>
>>53445121
How does AP work in the new edition?
>>
>>53446055
Power levels include all uppgrades, so actually Interceptors would be more like 185 points.
>>
>>53446255
decreses save by the number, so AP -3 would make a 2+ save into a 5+ save or AP -1 would ignore a 6+ save.
>>
>>53446255
Subtract AP value from save.
>>
>>53446185

Celestine's got a couple of Gemini, so we will probably see their rules first as a potential prototype for basic Seraphim.

Best-case scenario, Seraphim get Hand Flamers and Inferno Pistols in place of Bolt Pistols and can choose to shred infantry or shred armor.
>>
>>53445855
That's the full datasheet. We've seen other datasheets with options listed, so I think it's safe to say that these have static gear.
>>
>>53446314

>so we will probably see their rules first as a potential prototype for basic Seraphim.

The Gemini have power sword + pistol iirc. So I doubt we'll see any of the pistolero Seraphim rules on them if they have any.
>>
>>53445143
>another aeldari fuckboi
Did the space wolves not destroy an entire craftworld in a 30k novel?
>>
>>53445968
Min-maxing > versatility . Chadmarines can take maxed plasma squads and their tacticals are far superior at holding ground and outrange most similar troops.

Face it your manlets are obsolete.
>>
>>53444854
Not necessarily. The "Inceptor Squad" keyword may take care of that. We having seen rules yet for exactly how those will work.
>>
>>53446552
One created for them to destroy, which is pretty much what all the massive feats of wankery each faction have are - nothing of actual importance, just a quick tug off round the back of the bikesheds to remind them they're cool.
>>
File: 99070108003_CallidusAssassin01.jpg (19KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99070108003_CallidusAssassin01.jpg
19KB, 600x620px
>>53445843
Not all. But yes the "heroic scale" proportions of GW minis (think giant hands and feet) has traditionally made the look rather squat. This is most pronounced in older models.
>>
>>53446593
>Min-maxing > versatility .
That was only true in the days of 7th when every unit didn't have splitfire.
>>
>>53446739
I mean there are exceptions but the majority of the model range has this problem very consistently.
It's not even just big hands and feet, it's short thighs and nonexistent waists specifically.
>>
>>53446600
Keywords are always shown in the same boldface font that they are listed.

By RAW that other anon is right, the Sergeant doesn't get a Crushing Charge roll. Obviously he's intended to, but this is the exact sort of thing I had hoped GW would stay on top of with 8th edition given that they have the tools to do so now with keywords and such.
>>
>>53446668
>it doesn't count
lol It's still canon whether you agree or not. I'm just here to prove that guy wrong that imperials don't always get BTFO by craftworld's.
>>
>>53445750
yeah but i'll be back in a couple of editions, I skipped 3rd and 4th as well. so your peddling is in vain.
>>
>>53446593
I don't even play space marines, but if you can't see how having multiple options isn't superior then I'm sorry.
>>
>>53446593
>Face it your manlets are obsolete.
i hope sales flounder and you'll get laid off, buddy
>>
>>53445843

It isn't a problem, it's part of the style
>>
>>53445933
BROTHER CAKEDON! YOUR PAINTS! THIN THEM!
>>
>>53446739
heroic scale was code for shitty models.
>>
>>53446946
>My art isn't bad it's just my art style
Oldest DeviantArt tier excuse in the book.

Warhammer can look warhammer without completely retarded proportions.
>>
File: Red Scorpion.jpg (99KB, 759x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Red Scorpion.jpg
99KB, 759x1085px
>>53447013
>>
>>53443430
>>53443348
Nurgle is just using the ability to decay and rust rather than spread poison or disease. Think of it as rust poison rather than normal, circulatory stuff

As for the nid stuff, acid would still do a pretty good job fucking up a guardsmans day. Probably an analogous effect, especially if they use acid to burn the skin for a little bit of poison to get through
>>
File: 5686f1cb14bc98c9977086d7e5bff1ff.jpg (199KB, 1358x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5686f1cb14bc98c9977086d7e5bff1ff.jpg
199KB, 1358x1600px
>>53447029
Are we just posting nice looking Adrian Smith art now?
>>
>>53447013

And something can be a style you dislike without being trash. So what?
>>
>>53446914
I'm actually just a humble player. Been playing since third edition. Moved over to 30k when 40k became a cluster fuck. Interested in the new changes to 40k as it will at least balance the clusterfuck. Sad to see an obvious ploy like Primaris marines obsolete the majority of the fan base but I was thinking of starting an Ork army in 40k anyway as I've got more than enough 30k marines.

Feel if these rules were introduced to 30k it would destroy the game which is a shame. Contemplating warmahordes or FrostGrave or to just give up miniature wargaming .
>>
>>53445933
>Primaris Marines are just 35mm scale marines
Oh god.
>>
>>53447228
>Primarchs are just 54mm scale marines
>>
>>53447183
There is no excuse for badly broken human anatomy. Especially not in a setting that's trying to be somewhat realistic looking.
And especially not when the way in which they break anatomy makes the character look doofy and small when the setting is all about big bombastic heroes.
>>
>>53447183
>being bad is a style
>>
>>53447228
I mean considering that's a ~43mm scale (that's determined by how many mm to the eyes right?) normal human, that does sound about right.
>>
>>53447301
The large feet are there because you need surface area to stick to the base.

You don't know hell until you've had to deal with all the highheels that Kingdom Death models often have, where a slight breeze can knock the model off its base.
>>
File: Zapp.png (49KB, 180x358px) Image search: [Google]
Zapp.png
49KB, 180x358px
>>53447301
>There is no excuse for badly broken human anatomy.

Well that just ruins just about every animation ever.

>Especially not in a setting that's trying to be somewhat realistic looking.

Pffffft...ahahahahahahahahaha!

>makes the character look doofy and small when the setting is all about big bombastic heroes.

Bombastic heroes that look doofy, you say?
>>
>>53447130

Might as well. We have scat little on Primaris Marines already.

>>53447029 already looks like Primaris material.
>>
File: Human_imperial_guard.jpg (126KB, 1079x2091px) Image search: [Google]
Human_imperial_guard.jpg
126KB, 1079x2091px
>>53447355
>The large feet are there because you need surface area to stick to the base.
Sometimes you need to suffer for quality. Besides GW could always just do what they already do and sculpt them to already be standing on things to that you're gluing that instead of their over sized clown feet.

>>53447377
>There is no excuse for BADLY broken human anatomy.
It also works in animation because it's used to create motion, these are static models and their faults only make them more static.

>Bombastic heroes that look doofy, you say?
Zapp Brannigan is a parody not an example for compelling heroes.

And yes the subject matter might be unrealistic but GW clearly tries for a certain level of grit and realism in all their presentation, it's not like the game actually has the same art style as futurama or anything.
Hell in most of the art you don't see the terrible anatomy that plagues the models.
>>
>>53447524
>It also works in animation because it's used to create motion, these are static models and their faults only make them more static.

Well that just ruins just about every comic ever.

>compelling heroes
>grit and realism

Are you sure you aren't just taking 40k a bit too seriously. Like, there's nothing wrong with a setting taking itself seriously without constant winks at the camera, but that doesn't mean the setting itself isn't a parody. If GW wanted it to be taken seriously, maybe don't do stuff like all the Imperial propaganda articles and shit?
>>
>>53443830
>Ejection port with reciprocating charging handle now in line with bore.

My jimmies at last know rest.
>>
>>53447598
>Well that just ruins just about every comic ever.
Same thing, in comics you exaggerate anatomy to create the illusion of motion, not give every one non existent waist and stunted legs.
And you still seem to be ignoring
>There is no excuse for 『BADLY』 broken human anatomy.

>Are you sure you aren't just taking 40k a bit too seriously. Like, there's nothing wrong with a setting taking itself seriously without constant winks at the camera, but that doesn't mean the setting itself isn't a parody. If GW wanted it to be taken seriously, maybe don't do stuff like all the Imperial propaganda articles and shit?

Look even if the setting is tounge in cheek, the style of almost all of the art post 2nd ed is quite "realistic" (largely correct anatomy, complex shading, high level of detail etc), it's really just the miniatures that have awful proportions and don't match the art at all.

Besides the setting has been taking itself quite seriously for a while now.
>>
File: DiLi59L.jpg (129KB, 1080x958px) Image search: [Google]
DiLi59L.jpg
129KB, 1080x958px
So, 30" plasma gun.
If the target unit are W2+, just charge up to Damage2 and have a Captain nearby for rerolls.
>>
File: yITlIA8.jpg (236KB, 1536x1339px) Image search: [Google]
yITlIA8.jpg
236KB, 1536x1339px
Also, point values. Interestingly, you pay for *all* weapons in Matched Play.
>>
>>53447130
I think the red scorpion is a kopinski, actually
>>
>>53447904
Fucking called it
>>53438779
>>
>>53447662

>Across the churning tides of the empyrean, a strange sensation is felt
>As if a great weight has been shifted
>Or a last breath exhaled from a painful death
>A sign of relief
>The jimmies have ceased their rustling
>And the Warp, for all its malevolence, seems to calm
>If only for a moment
>>
>>53447301
>Especially not in a setting that's trying to be somewhat realistic looking.

It isn't though. It's heroic scale, not a realism focused one.
>>
>>53447922

Huh, neat.
>>
>>53447904
>>53447922
damn, this reads a lot like a streamlined 1E. which is basically a good thing.
>>
File: tumblr_mov53ic7vO1r857bco1_500.png (229KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mov53ic7vO1r857bco1_500.png
229KB, 500x489px
>>53447965
Heroic proportion do not mean what you think they mean.

Face it man, it's just shit.
>>
>>53447904

I wonder if that rules is going to mirror other Plasma weapons, which would be a good risk/reward. You get stabilized Plasma, for all that that entails, but if you choose to overcharge you can't rely on saves to help you, just straight death.

In that way, the mechanics would actually mirror Inquisitor, Necromunda, or the RPGs, where you can use such weapons at safe power levels, but take a risk for extra damage should you need it.
>>
>>53441769
I would assume manlet captains still get rites of battle, will cost less and have more (or even some) options.
>>
>>53446739
Those are some meaty truckasaurus hands.
>>
>>53448010
Yeah it really made no sense that the Imperium would just have all their plasma permanently set to suicide mode, then again there are a lot of things in the Imperium that don't make a lot of sense.
>>
File: Primaris Blood Raven B.jpg (214KB, 500x773px) Image search: [Google]
Primaris Blood Raven B.jpg
214KB, 500x773px
>>
>>53448046
Those thieving magpies, they stole the new Space Marines!
>>
>>53445499
Seraphim would be outclassed by regular assault marines with a bolter. 2 shots within 12" was not an impressive role.
>>
>>53448045

Makes sense that they'd at least make things safe enough to handle when handled properly, and incorporate a martyr-mode when you absolutely need to risk it for that extra punch.

Tau do as much with Ion Guns, and Rail Rifle targeting systems in the past editions. Sometimes you want to turn deadly-mode off. Gets Hot! only makes sense when the risk is worth the reward, but on a mainline gun wielded by basic troopers, it's a liability (and since last edition, it's role was surpassed by Grav).

>>53448109

Well, give them Hand Flamers basic or switch them to some sort of dual auto-pistol/submachine gun. Something like S3 Assault4 bullet-hoses that drown hordes in cheap wounds. Now they've gone from Bolter-Bitches to Bullet-Witches. Keep the Inferno Pistol option around in case they need to tackle something sterner.
>>
>>53448231
I think just making their bolt pistols each Pistol 2 would suffice. That's the same number of shots as a marine on a bike gets within 12 now.
>>
File: charliebrown.png (63KB, 300x559px) Image search: [Google]
charliebrown.png
63KB, 300x559px
>>53447764
>exaggerate anatomy to create the illusion of motion

Yeah, look at Charlie go. Wow there, boy, what's the hurry?

>BADLY

Define "badly" because that's a very subjective.

>quite "realistic"

When it isn't a tiny man piloting a mecha suit or something similar. There's plenty of people pointing out the impossible anatomy of GW art.

>Besides the setting has been taking itself quite seriously for a while now.

Is that why they insert references into it and have hit like the Regimental Standard?
>>
>>53448353
Peanuts is shit just like 40k models, and isn't supposed to be realistic, I can't believe you used this evidence in your favor.
>>
>>53448353
So you want 40k to look like a cartoon drawn by a guy with tremors so bad people though he had Parkinson's?

Or do you want it to look like a greek statue come to life? Cause I know which is the more appropriate style for what is a essentially a piece of epic (in the classical sense) heroic fiction.
>>
>>53448353
But yes there's also stylisation for effect, and the currect effect is "everyone looks like a retarded dwarf" and not "great heros doing battle and looking cool". If you don't agree that the latter is more befitting 40k then you're a lost cause.
>>
>>53447904
>>53447922
So are Primaris Marines going to have zero customization out the gate? Which come to think of it, I think they mentioned by saying that the old tactical will be more versatile.
Still, that's pretty disappointing.
>>
>>53448515
They're supposed to be the noob army, options scare new players apparently.
>>
>>53448515
I'm kind of glad. If they had all the same options as standard marines, then there would be even less reason to take normal ones.

I'd rather have them as the optional expensive elite unit.
>>
>>53448059
>they were gifted the new Space Marines!
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>53448540
>then there would be even less reason to take normal ones.
That's true. I still would have liked to take one of those fancy plasma guns in a regular not!Tact squad.
>>
>>53447904
Do you guys think that still allow for re-rolls like current Gets Hot?
>>
>>53448580
I think you need to read over gets hot again.
>>
>>53448515
Modelwise, the kits might be multikits. I can see the intercessors and hellblasters being one kit.

Loadout wise, they are likely to be fixed to certain loadouts with sepeerate dataslates. So a inceptor squad with meltaguns (for example) might have a different dataslate with different special rules.
>>
>>53448580

Probably. If an ability lets you reroll your To-Hit rolls, then the first result shouldn't count, only the second and final result should factor into whether or not the weapon explodes and kills the wielding model.
>>
>>53448580
If it works like Aos, on roll effects only apply after rerollls and modifiers.

>>53447904
Still, outright slaying a model for gets hot is pretty fucking dangerous.
>>
>>53448424
Anon, I'm not the one claiming "There is no excuse for badly broken human anatomy." I guess you expect Peanuts and everything else to be drawn realistically.

>>53448483
I know 40k is gay, but ancient Greek gay...?
>>
No safe plasma outside the Incinerator, I'm afraid.
>>
>>53448737
Where are you getting these
do you have the book
anon
anon i love you
anon give us the death guard please
>>
File: lpj.jpg (13KB, 319x400px) Image search: [Google]
lpj.jpg
13KB, 319x400px
>>53448729
I excpect stylization to be well done and fit the tone of the work.
This is just bad anatomy.

By the way if you are the lead authority on the art direction of 40k that you seem to act like you are, post a piece of art that matches the style you think best fits 40k.

And yeah 40k is as gay as it gets.
>>
>>53448737
Just been scouring the web because I'm bored. No Deathguard as far as I know.
>>
>>53448515

These are just out-the-gate releases. GW has hinted that there are more on the way for possibly a new variety of roles. I wouldn't shy away from saying they'd be getting new options on top of these, plus GW's own hint that they might go weird with the Blood Angels and Space Wolves.
>>
>>53448737
>8e plasma
>kills the firing model outright on any roll of 1
>a knight blows up if the plasma fusil on its shoulder overheats
>a super-heavy goes nuclear if a pintle-mounted combi-plasma overheats
>>
Derp, >>53448814 was obviously meant for >>53448755.
>>
>>53448737

It would make some semblance of sense for other weapons. I wonder if other Plasma weapons still have their own legacy Gets Hot! that just result in a savable wound.
>>
File: Finkin Wiff Siantz.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Finkin Wiff Siantz.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>53448737
Cawl is now one of my favorite characters for how much shit he gets done.
>>
File: gallery_8429_13145_47383.jpg (118KB, 960x836px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_8429_13145_47383.jpg
118KB, 960x836px
>>53448755
Stuff from the Dark Imperium box seems to be leaking, probably from GW stores who got a copy to paint up and such. A bunch are on Dakka.
>>
Well, we have a Command Squad, how about a Primaris:
>Chaplain
>Librarian
>Apothecary

Are Apothecaries even still a thing? Can't seem to find the individual model or bits outside a Command Squad box.

>>53448899

Only took him ten millenia. This is literal in fluff and figurative IRL.
>>
>>53448797
I'm sorry, because I don't agree with your dogmatic "this is the right way, every other way is wrong" approach to visual design, I'm the one trying to the authority here? Yeah, ok.

Also, I can't post what I think matches 40k, because this is a blue board.
>>
>>53448906
>Are Apothecaries even still a thing?
What are you going on about?
>>
>>53448930
Post an imgur link or post it on a different board and then link to that you fucking pussy.

>I'm sorry, because I don't agree with your dogmatic "this is the right way, every other way is wrong"
And yet you seem very convinced of what is the wrong way.

And yes my way is the right way and I've told you why, now justify yourself or fuck off.
>>
>>53448971

Frankly, I don't even think I know. I think I was referring to the lack of models they have from GW proper, as well as their inability to be purchased as a singular model, in stark contrast to the fact that there's half a dozen singular miniatures for Chaplains and Librarians each.

I know Forge World has that awesome two-pack and even Terminator Medicae, but that's FW. There's also the Red Scorpions who love Apothecaries so much their Chapter Tactics make Tactical Sergeants into Apothecaries for free. So they are still a thing, but they have inadequate model coverage in my opinion.

Now I really need to get my coffee...
>>
File: 1495831988403.png (786KB, 713x404px) Image search: [Google]
1495831988403.png
786KB, 713x404px
Hey look, Mortarion
>>
File: Ancient Fug.jpg (196KB, 352x458px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Fug.jpg
196KB, 352x458px
>>53449038
>>
>>53448901
Dakka is such an ugly website holy shit, how do people browse here regularly. People say 4chan looks outdated but 4chan doesn't make your eyes bleed.
>>
>>53448975
>now justify yourself

Fine. Open up any newspaper and check out the funnies. Go to a comic book store and browse their selection. I bet you you'll find a lot of stuff that doesn't do realistic anatomy and is making money just fine.

You can scream at people liking wrongbadfun, but it doesn't change the fact that something like Dilbert would not work with realistic anatomy the same way, let alone be feasible to do.
>>
>>53447922
Intercessors more than Hellblasters?
Why?
>>
>>53449063

Dakka follows American forum design and culture. 4chan borrows off of the Japanese model.

But, yeah, every forum following Western design principles for forums looks like shit.
>>
>>53447982
miniature heroic scale isn't the same as art heroic scale

miniature heroic scale is exaggerating the "important" details for the sake of easy distinction at a distance and in the past to allow more dettailing.

typically this means big hands, heads, feet and weapons as well as chunkier limbs.
>>
File: Disgusto.jpg (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusto.jpg
60KB, 250x250px
>>53443719
>Curse of the Rubricae
>Dust and Echoes
>Space Magic automatons
>led by possessed 1000yo psycho
>Ld7

>7

Dafuq out, GW.
>>
>>53449127
Presumably because most of the cost is in the weapon, I don't think you're allowed to by an unarmed Hellblaster or Intercessor.
>>
>>53449127
not really. you have to add the 17 points for the gun as well. each hellblaster really costs 40 points.
>>
>>53443695
>The Leviathan seems genuinely over powered, but that's FW anyway
i dunno.
its the same cost as the swarmlord but will more often than not get sliced up by one. they both kill the other so it comes down to who charges. which will usually be the swarmlord since it can move itself 18 before charging.
>>
>>53449226
The Rubics should be garbage LD, because they can't function without a sorcerer, so if he dies they just die off.

The Sorcerer should be 9 though
>>
>>53449192
It's ORANGE and BLACK
/tg/, for contrast, is a nice pleasant stone blue and grey colour scheme.
You don't have to strain your eyes to read white writing on a black background
>>
>>53449101
>Open up any newspaper and check out the funnies.
That's what you want Warhammer to look like? Really?

That's the tone you think best fits 40k?
>>
>>53443081

Mehreens arent supposed to take normal engagements. Theyre for surgical strikes to delete the enemy's leadership/supply line/morale. They dont stand in a big blob and walk forward like guard. So they dont necessarily have to be able to fight 1000:1 odds.
>>
>>53443271

4ed cron codex
>>
>>53446803
maybe they'll go the x-wing route
a single word from the name needs to be included in the special rule for it to work.
for example you could write
Rubric get X
and the infantry names are listed as : Rubric Marine, Rubric Sorcerer
>>
>>53445001
the books are actually going to be decently priced. rulebook is $60 and the indexs will be only 25.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.