[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, who's read the Theseus Protocol docs over at The On

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: theseus protocol.jpg (21KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
theseus protocol.jpg
21KB, 800x450px
Ok, who's read the Theseus Protocol docs over at The Onion? That shit's gold, it's begging to be turned into an adventure or campaign.

Here's the link:

http://www.theonion.com/live/theseus-protocol-55948/entry/330

It's a bunch of fake docs talking about how Trump and the White House are in league with some Lovecraftian cult and are tunneling under the White House to unearth some ruins to perform an Old One summoning or something, but they keep running into bureaucratic red tape. It's really funny and intriguing. Anybody else interested?
>>
File: cthulhu dc.jpg (1022KB, 2880x1944px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu dc.jpg
1022KB, 2880x1944px
Bumping for interest
>>
I'll give it a watch in a bit
>>
>>53440776
Haven't run it yet, but I think I'm gonna.

Been thinking about running a manhattan projects / x-files / level 7 type campaign... this might be just the thing.
>>
>>53441758
It looks really cool, to me. Could fit well into a modern campaign, or be translated to whatever setting. If fantasy, for example, just make it some lord or king; if 40k, make it a planetary governor.
>>
Is this the part where we're all suppressed to dissolve into orange Tang?
>>
>>53441844
No, this is the part where we make a campaign about being a low-level office drone tasked with conducting a Lovecraftian summoning ritual while still trying to juggle your TPS reports.
>>
>>53441895
>Goat sacrifice request form (GSRF)? I think Business Services has a stack of those
>Oh yeah, you need an ethics waiver from Compliance before you can get the GSRF
>Ethics Waiver? For a goat sacrifice? Only employees with true hero certification can get those
>For a True Hero Certification, you need a LOT of community service hours and defeat at least ten category five villains
>Whoa whoa whoa, you gotta get your villain confrontations pre-approved or they don't count for the certification
>You haven't even started the Basic Hero webinars, good luck getting approved without that.
>How am I supposed to know the site for the webinars? Try compliance, they might know
>>
File: office space boss.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
office space boss.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
>>53442353
Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh, I'm gonna need those sacrificial virgins in my office by the end of the day, so if you could get on that, that'd be great

>sips coffee
>>
BREAKING NEWS: Trump has enacted the Theseus Protocol.

http://www.theonion.com/article/president-trump-has-enacted-theseus-protocol-what--56115

Here's another, where the WH staffers struggle with a "rune portal" near their copier.

http://www.theonion.com/live/white-house-staffers-55961/entry/387
>>
>>53442805
Also, Trump may secretly be Skynet

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/opinion/donald-trump-our-ai-president.html?_r=2
>>
File: dark ritual.jpg (113KB, 698x960px) Image search: [Google]
dark ritual.jpg
113KB, 698x960px
>>53444550
The plot thickens.

Note: I'm not bringing this shit up to turn /tg/ into a /pol/ proxy, I'm bringing it all up because I think these funny articles could serve as the basis of an interesting rpg campaign or adventure. Trump as a cult leader with a secret Cthulu dungeon under the White House could be very entertaining. So lets not turn this thread into a /pol/-tier shitshow, huh?
>>
>>53445008
Is that based El-Sisi on the left?
>>
>>53445008
>So lets not turn this thread into a /pol/-tier shitshow, huh?
I've been pleasantly surprised so far that it hasn't.
God, I hope we're not jinxing it.
>>
File: cthulhu trump.jpg (66KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu trump.jpg
66KB, 640x336px
>>53445131
Me too, on both accounts.

So let's brainstorm some actual features of this adventure.

Possible Hooks:
>working for WH staff when this shit falls into your lap;
>be a willing cultist actually trying to get this thing done;
>some kind of outsider snooping around WH when you stumble across this (investigative journalist, foreign spy, govt official following some weird emails, cop investigating missing persons, etc.).

Possible Encounters:
>Snooping around WH upper floors to gather intel early on, probably disguised as a tourist or office worker;
>eventually discover entrance to the dig underground;
>dungeon crawl through the tunnels and later the excavated city, dodging Secret Service, cultists, and monsters;
>showdown at the Summoning Circle as you try to disrupt the ritual to open the portal before it's too late.

A running gag should be how the efforts of the cultists keep getting delayed by bureaucratic incompetence and legal constraints.
>>
File: cthulhu office.jpg (318KB, 762x900px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu office.jpg
318KB, 762x900px
Bumping for Call of Cthulhu: Office Space edition.
>>
>>53447455
The fact that the eldritch abominations are given tangible 3-D representations bothers me more than it probably should.

It takes out half the fun of the whole cosmic horror schtick
>>
>>53445896
>some kind of outsider snooping around WH when you stumble across this (investigative journalist, foreign spy, govt official following some weird emails, cop investigating missing persons, etc.)
>Putin is one of the leaders of the Order of Saint Andrew, a pseudo-Christian cult interested in the preservation of this world at any cost
>the ISIS beheading and other executions are part of a larger memeticilly amplified blood sacrifice, the seek to unleash The Faceless King, one of the many rivals to the Trumpian cult

>Kek watches all and laughs as this chaos is his win condition
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.