[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.warhammer-community.com /2017/05/26/magnus-the-r

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: FWMagnisRelease.jpg (103KB, 1000x1015px) Image search: [Google]
FWMagnisRelease.jpg
103KB, 1000x1015px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/26/magnus-the-red/

Last link of the article directs to Leman Russ

What did they mean by this ?
>>
>>53440159
Why are all forgeworlds models better than gamesworkshops?
>>
>>53440176
Delusion.
>>
>>53440176
Because the dust that come off them from filing mould lines can cause cancer.
It's the price you have to pay.
>>
>>53440176
>80 pounds
Here you go.
>>
>>53440159

>they mention a model also in their catalog
>a primarch model
>related to the one described in the article
>they provide a link
>what did they mean by this
>>
>>53440380
I wasn't refering to that link, but to the one after "Pre-order Magnus, and his new display base here:" the link after that sentence directs to Leman Russ.
>>
>>53440176

I think you can make a good argument for FW Guilliman, but to me FW Magnus still falls short. He seems to have suffered from what he could have been sizewise due to FW wanting to give him a scenic base, have him form a diorama with Russ, and for some reason have all the Primarchs be relatively the same size.
>>
>>53440405
It's a mistake, but the new display base is for Leman and Magnus in combat.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Magnus-and-Russ-The-Primarchs-Duel-2017
>>
>>53440176
Because they charge out the ass for them.
>>
>>53440159
no nipple horns
shit/10
>>
>>53440176
This one sure isnt.
>>
>>53440159
Pose is a bit static.
Also, why do all primarch faces need to look so damn ugly?
All I want is a serene/smug Magnus, goddammit.
>>
>>53440839
Remember he's half that size or smaller IRL
There's only so much you can do when sculpting that small, you start reaching the plastic equivalent of pixel density.
Although for £80 I'd expect a model this size to be a bit better detailed.
Also I really hope you can convert those horns on his back onto his nipples.
Citadel can be consistent with his character design why can't you FW.
>>
>>53440885
>plastic
>>
>>53440885
>Remember he's half that size or smaller IRL
>There's only so much you can do when sculpting that small, you start reaching the plastic equivalent of pixel density.
So?
I doubt the original sculpt is on the same cale and if you can't sculpt a face, you have no business being a sculptor.
>>
>>53440159
Either his chest or his legs and arms are out of proportion there, I cant tell which.

Also no nipple horns and the shitty base are big negatives for me.
>>
File: 01.jpg (72KB, 604x815px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
72KB, 604x815px
>>53440159
Forgeworld: Choosing the worst photo angles for their models since 1996.
>>
Why did they get rid of the nipple horns though, it's one of the things that made Magnus Magnus besides being a giant red cyclops and hubris. It's like making Leman Russ not a twat or Guilliman not annoying from an outside of the setting point of view.
>>
>>53441392
Because they looked really fucking stupid. I guess we could go with 'they were stupidly impractical' too, but these are space marines.

I think forgeworld made a good creative decision in missing them.
>>
>>53441417
Yeah, but that was part of the charm, it was so stupid and goofy that it was good.
>>
>>53441417

As far as practicality goes, I think Infero may have either directly stated or implied that Magnus' armor was a psychic manifestation.
>>
>>53440176

Not really.
>>
>>53440159
Pretty ugly tbphwy/10
>>
File: Magnus_The_Red_sketch.jpg (664KB, 1022x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus_The_Red_sketch.jpg
664KB, 1022x1400px
>>53440159
Look at this picture. This is what Magnus should have looked like. Where are the nipple horns? Why is he so scrawny?

The interns over at FW really did do Inferno.
>>
>>53441546
You mean Magnus was actually naked in battle all this time?
>>
>>53444123
>shitty blanche art
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>53444338
Despite your shit tier opinion on Blanche can you even find a GW picture of Magnus without nipple horns?
>>
>>53444318
Maybe.
Though chances are, he wore some actual armour and simply used his psycic abilities to adjust it to whatever size he was at the time (Big E probably did something similar).
>>
>>53444318
At least one horn was real, but it wasn't made of bone.
>>
>>53444679
HAHA! I MAKE THE PENIS JOKE!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.