[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /tg/, I am currently running a horror type campaign and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2beauvior.jpg (98KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
2beauvior.jpg
98KB, 500x690px
Hello /tg/,

I am currently running a horror type campaign and I have always wanted to have my players go into an opera house and fight a Fat Lady Opera Singer banshee, but I also want it to be more interesting than simply "Here is a spooky ghost, go kill it."

So far I have only have a large and bloated, due to having eaten many beautiful girls to obtain their beautiful essence, that haunts an opera house. When is combat she will use her beautiful but incredibly loud voice to deafen and hurt the players. For weapons she uses the innocent girls souls she murdered as mace like bells, using their hoop cage skirts and bustles as the waist, hip, and mouth of a bell which also does sonic damage.

What type of puzzles can I throw at my players to not only have fun but also challenge them as well in defeating this spectre?
>>
>>53433663
They have to fight her on the stage, and the stage keeps CHANGING to match various backdrops, scenery, and props from shows. In one phase they have to fight her on castle ramparts. Suddenly the curtains fall, everything goes black, and when the lights come back up they're in a deep dark wood at the edge of a lake, and the ghost is soaring across is dressed as swan princess.

Have the ghost try to drain the charisma from party members with a horrible, ghastly forced kiss from her corpulent mouth
>>
What system?

I would suggest some way to release the souls and weaken her. Out of combat, this to require knowing personal details about the dead, maybe laying them to rest.

Playing with the equipment on the stage is good. Dropping a curtain or backdrop just as a barrier, or maybe onto someone. Maybe changing the set changes something about her abilities.
>>
>>53433663
The banshee sings a romance opera scene with a villain confronting a hero and the heroine. The song conjures up a ghost show of what she's singing about. The men draw rapiers and fight it out, and every time the villain lands a blow on the hero, the players get injured too in the same place. However, hurting the villain does nothing to the banshee - she's actually singing the heroine's part, so it's the heroine that needs to be killed to weaken her.
>>
>>53433708
In order to actually harm/defeat her, they have to play out the roles of the shows they're cycling through, 'killing' the ghosts in each of the shows before finally dropping the light rigging ontop of her.
>>
>>53433663
>while the ghost is busy consuming the soul of another young girl (could take ages as far as we know) it is almost defenseless
>to make sure no one can catch her flatfooted, the ghost has laid several traps that will ring loudly if triggered, warning her of the presence of the adventurers.
Can be anything from actually bells to spirits floating back and forth that will scream if someone comes too close.
>>
Before the showdown, go Phantom of the Opera on their asses and have the banshee try to kill them with stage equipment and props (a falling chandelier, for instance).

For actual puzzles, perhaps the banshee only shows up under certain conditions. One idea is that a bard, beautiful girl, or other party member must make a performance check of some kind to sing on stage, and the banshee attacks if the roll beats a certain DC (i.e., the singing voice is good). Assuming the party knows the basic lore of the place upon entering, perhaps having the party act-out a a scene from a play, operetta, opera, or other theatrical work would work.
>>
>>53433663
It'd be neat if you took a note from the opera scene in FF6 and had the PCs have to (correctly) fill in some roles/ dialogue/ lyrics.
>>
>>53433663
She's not bloated, she hasn't been eating people, and she's barely large.
She's been slimming down by cursing the beautiful to obesity.
She'll do it to the PCs mid-fight, too.
>>
Give them an audience of ghosts they have to perform for that award boons in the form of buffs to those who act out a scene well, and those who break character constantly or try and ignore the rules end up having to fend off rotten fruit, being yanked out of the fight by undead stagehands with mancatchers fluffed as shepard' s crooks (and go from boss fight to mob fight), and the jeering of a pair of insatiable critics in the balconies acting like the inverse of a bardic buff. But go easy on them if they play along.
>>
>>53434501
>I know you have an idea
>But have you considered just cutting out everything you thought of
>And replacing it with blatant magical realm?
>>
>>53435710
>>53433779
These two.

Actually, I've been wanting to run an encounter like this for a long time, I was thinking of using faeries but opera ghosts are a good pick too.

And because I said O.G., I have to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak1_ODex7mE
>>
>>53435747
How's that magical realm? Deforming people is pretty horrific.
>>
>>53435810
>he doesn't know what feederism is

I won't go into detail. I got banned for making a joking reference to it in a succubus thread last week.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.