[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok teeg, i have 1 audible credit and wanna listen to some swords

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: au.jpg (7KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
au.jpg
7KB, 342x342px
Ok teeg, i have 1 audible credit and wanna listen to some swords and sorc dnd shit. Already read as much of dragonlance as I want to, and of dice and men. Any recommendations?
>>
File: uk-orig-the-blade-itself.jpg (172KB, 424x650px) Image search: [Google]
uk-orig-the-blade-itself.jpg
172KB, 424x650px
>>53429332
The books are fun and the audible narrator is Elder God tier.
>>
>>53429405
eh, "delightfully twisted and evil" just sounds so edgy middle school tier to me.
>>
People will recommend Lies of Locke Lamora and its sequels. Do not listen to them. Save your time, money, and sanity.
>>
>>53430253
The first book is pretty okay, for a fantasy picaresque. The second one is a solid 5/10, and the third one is pretty trash. Haven't fucked with the series after the garbage fire that was Republic of Thieves.
It's in the same boat as Kingkiller Chronicles, I think. A solid, fun series absolutely ruined by some nerd's Mary Sue love story.

The Vlad Taltos books are good, though. Human assassin/mobster working in an not!Elvish city.
>>
>>53429604
>middle school edgy
OP asked for "some swords and sorc dnd shit"... that seems perfect
>>
>>53429332
If you want Old Skool S&S, I'm presuming you've gone through ol' Rob Howard's stuff. Look into Fritz Lieber's works. Edgar Rice Burroughs' A Princess of Mars is wonderful as well. All the old pulps are entertaining.
A third option is A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.
>>
>>53429604
>>53430344
It's a solid series, with some excellent ideas, but maybe a little "grimdark" for some. Not a lot of happy endings. But, there are barbarians, and dick-ass wizards, and mysical Arabs, all in all, a fun adventure.
>>
>>53430253
The real issue with them is that they get ridiculously repetitive due to the formula of something coming out of the left field to fuck everyone over every time they make a minor headway.
First one is fine for this reason, and the guy who does the reading is pretty damn good. His Father Chains in particular is noteworthy.
>>
File: Alethi.png (96KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alethi.png
96KB, 800x800px
>>53429332
Stormlight Archives
>>
>>53432202
I hope they don't split them up in future.
The inner Merchant is too happy about getting 40+ hours for one credit.
>>
File: IMG_0178.jpg (457KB, 810x4757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0178.jpg
457KB, 810x4757px
>>53432202
I always loved the fact that Kaladin's arc is pretty much pic related.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.