[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ what superhero game is your favorite? Have any great stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0384.jpg (152KB, 600x882px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0384.jpg
152KB, 600x882px
/tg/ what superhero game is your favorite?

Have any great stories from superhero games?
>>
>>53428852
M&M is objectly the best super Game (if you dont mind lot of prep in char creator)
>>
>>53428852
GURPS, since it can do any type of superhero game.
>>
>>53428852
I like Marvel universe role-playing simply because of it's take on dice-less mechanics. But Marvel heroic works well.
>>
My group decided last night that we'd try running m&m next week, so hopefully I have good stories soon. The chargen looks pretty good.
>>
>>53432339
I tried to run a M&M game, but my players refused to learn a new system well enough to even understand their character sheets.
>>
>>53428852
I'm partial to Godlike / Wild Talents. I like the bizarre powers and lower powertiers.
>>
I have 3 answers depending on circumstances.

1) Simple system and quick character generation: BESM - I suggest 2nd edition. Unfortunately its a harder to find older RPG at this point.
2) Simple system that can handle anything (with effort): Mutants and Masterminds.
3) Detailed system that can handle ANYTHING but generating a good character will take effort: GURPS.

Pro tip: If you don't like min-max bullshit favor Mutants and Masterminds and avoid GURPS. Balance is built into M&M. Its way to easy to make an OP character in GURPS - all it takes is a mischievous player, smart player or inattentive GM.
>>
M&M is awesome. It won't disappoint.
>>
>>53436079
M&M is awesome. It won't disappoint.
>>
>>53436154
Lmao. M&M is a simple d20 game. If they have played d&d or literally ANY d20 game they basically already know how to play.

From experience with LOTS of RPGs, M&M is 1 of the best out there. Once you learn how it works, its as simple as any d20 game. But it can handle complex character concepts that you usually need GURPS to build - and it does it without needing tons of books.

Pound for pound M&M is the best pen and paper game I've ever played. With a little imagination, you can play a lot more than a supers campaign with it.
>>
>>53436154
Did they manage to get past character creation?
>>
File: 20170526_074159-1.jpg (4MB, 2598x1924px) Image search: [Google]
20170526_074159-1.jpg
4MB, 2598x1924px
>>53428852
Heard good things from M&M, also Fate and Cortex, but the only system I've personally used is the crunch/tweak heavy D&D Modern. It's an acquired taste, sure, but boy do I miss playing that game.

On that note, I'm running a one-shot this weekend for a bunch of strangers at a superhero-themed minicon. To make it newbie-friendly, I made a Lasers&Feelings hack. I call it Powers & Responsibilities. Pls roast gently.
>>
>>53436386
The meme that M&M runs D&D better then D&D exists for a reason.
>>
>>53436386
For a lot of players i've played with the issue with M&M is choice paralysis when it comes to character creation.
Once they're past that everything is fine.
It helps to have a very strong concept in mind when making a character.
>>
>>53436422
It really does fucking does.
I'm kinda of sad that they haven't made a new version of the fantasy supplement for the new edition.
It's pretty easy to port over the 2e book but a new one would be nice.
>>
Okay. Going on a tangent.

1) BESM: I've GMed and played dozens of campaigns. Mostly in settings reminiscent of certain animes (DBZ, Hellsing, homebrews reminiscent of SAO but way before SAO came out...), FF series (usually FF7), horror (mostly zombie), and post-apocalyptic (reminiscent of Fallout). Most entertaining character I played was a Fallout mutant(looked human)-sniper-survivalist with severe ADHD. He's a threat if you attack him - otherwise he'll forget you are present in short order. ;P

2) M&M: I've played everything from a PL6 1-punch knock off (everything is solved with strength or violence - subtle extraction because target is protected by snipers? I ignore the plan, run through a wall, grab the target, run through another wall, punch a hole into the sewer so the sniper can't shoot me and run away...powerful immortal incorporeal demon? I punch it into unconsciousness...risk of explosion? meh so what if I'm naked) to PORTER (aka Space Hobo; paranoid/won't reveal anything about himself, glutton yet doesn't seem to require form of sustenance, thief who gives everything to those in need, completely worthless in combat other than being able to teleport self or target to any dimension/place/time [that the GM says exists], definitely has other abilities but won't tell you what they are).

GURPS - 2nd edition I played a mage with super strength (in that edition high strength got you fatigue cheaper than buying it restricted to magic only).
>>
>>53428852
This.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.