[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You're in a level 20 mythic campaign >Your party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

>You're in a level 20 mythic campaign
>Your party actually takes on a minor evil god
>You cheer as the god goes down in the final battle
>But it seemed a little easy, too easy almost
>The DM says you all hear a voice that comes from everywhere and nowhere at the same time
>"You have all done well, heroes, but you have only bested a god. I, however, and more than that. To gods, I am a god. To mortals, I am beyond comprehension."
>"Normally I am strictly not to interfere, but you have achieved more than any before you ever have. You must be stopped."
>The DM places a figure on the grid.
>It looks just like him.
>He addresses you directly now, not your characters.
>When he attacks your characters he deals "DM" damage in place of any regular damage type
>He does shit like pick up and move your character figures when your turn is over, picks up your dice after you roll them and put them back down with a lower number facing up, and changes the setting of the battle every round

How would you react?
>>
>>53413389
I punch my DM in the gut. As he lies on the floor, I declare the party victorious and ask how much experience did we get.
>>
>>53413389
Everybody dogpiles on him until he says we beat the game.
>>
File: asinine mortal.png (982KB, 2440x2620px) Image search: [Google]
asinine mortal.png
982KB, 2440x2620px
>>53413389
>I am beyond comprehension
Oh shit, our dm is Surtha Ek. Fuck
>>
>>53413422
>>53413427
It have sense in setting.

If GM is in universe overgod, then what are other players if not other overgods themselves with PC as their avatars/chosen ones?

If one of settings overgod decides to break before agreed rules then other overgods may also break the rules in order to stop him.
>>
>>53413389
get up and walk away, I ain't wasting my time playing some stupid "LOOL WHAT RULES?!" powertrip bullshit.
>>
File: 1430272920211.jpg (44KB, 333x519px) Image search: [Google]
1430272920211.jpg
44KB, 333x519px
>>53413497
So at this point it turns from tabletop gaming to LARPing as your characters assume your identity and start to beat the living daylights out of the (presumably of bearded neck) DM.
>>
>>53413389
Move my figure how please when I please, pick up and alter my dice rolls just like he's doing, alter my character sheet however I see fit.
Also steal his DM screen and start narrating.
>>
>>53413389
A super meta boss battle like that might be a fun and unique experience, or could crash and burn horribly. It's not something I would attempt as a capstone to a super serious campaign for sure.
>>
>>53413389
>You're in a level 20 mythic campaign
But I don't play shitty systems.
>>
>>53413389
I stop playing Pathfinder.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.