[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best system to run a Deadspace RPG? How would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: isaac-clarke-in-open-space.jpg (198KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
isaac-clarke-in-open-space.jpg
198KB, 1600x900px
What would be the best system to run a Deadspace RPG? How would you handle the Necromorph dismemberment mechanic or the insanity caused by the Markers?
>>
>>53401548

FATAL
>>
>>53401548
Nemesis has both madness mechanics and really good hit location rules.
>>
>>53401748

Nemesis was my first thought, too.
>>
Eclipse Phase its literally made for it
>>
>>53401548
>What would be the best system to run a Deadspace RPG?
GURPS.

>How would you handle the Necromorph dismemberment mechanic
GURPS comes with hit locations by default.

>the insanity caused by the Markers?
The most recent Pyramid released has an article that finally gives GURPS a proper sanity system, so you're in lunk there.

Only other book you'll want is Ultra-Tech for gear and such.
>>
>>53401665
I may be a sorta new GM but even I can recognise this shit my dude.
>>
File: Nemesis.pdf (990KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Nemesis.pdf
990KB, 1x1px
>>53401769
To add more details to this:

Nemesis uses the One Roll Engine, which means you don't need to make a separate roll for hit location-- it's part of the initial attack. It's also super fast and super lethal, which would work great for this.

It also uses a version of Unknown Armies' madness meters, meaning it has 4 different tracks for insanity: Violence, The Unnatural, Helplessness and Self, all of which are central to the horror of Dead Space.

Oh and it's 100% free. I'll even save you the trouble and upload it here.
>>
>>53401748
>>53401769
Do either of you happen to have any PDFs or a basic rundown of the system?

>>53401773
I've heard some bad stuff about power-wanking for EP - that an issue you've found?

>>53401810
I've looked at GURPS once or twice before, seems really goddamn modular which might be useful. Though I'm not sure how my players would adapt to it after only playing 5e.
>>
>>53401894
Well shit, you just preempted my question. Thanks anon.
>>
>>53401895
I'm not familiar with your players, but I think that the freedom GURPS allow will sell it to them. They'll be able to make any character they want, easily too. GURPS Space has a shitload of templates (already in GURPS Character Sheet, a freeware program for building GURPS characters) that will fit right in with a Dead Space game, so you don't have to worry about that at all.

I think they'll really enjoy combat when they realize all of the options are available to them from the start, rather than having to buy everything. It's really liberating.
>>
>>53401939
That they might, they seem to find D&D rules kinda restrictive in places for how to actually tackle scenes.
>>
>>53402221
Cool, they'll definitely enjoy GURPS then, since it's pretty much only restricted by the GM (as a generic toolkit should be). If you need the books, /GURPSGEN/ has a trove available. I suggest reading GURPS Lite first to grok the important mechanics, then read through Basic Set for the other details. Note that combat will be much more feature-heavy in Basic Set.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.