[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people play ugly characters? I don't mean the characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: wvKorRWZKZw.jpg (295KB, 1181x1548px) Image search: [Google]
wvKorRWZKZw.jpg
295KB, 1181x1548px
Why do people play ugly characters?
I don't mean the characters I find ugly and not as perfect as Horatio. I mean the characters they themselves describe as repulsive.
>>
>>53371798
It's fun.
>>
It's funny
>>
>>53371798
It is interesting. It takes all the fun of playing around an extremely low rolled stat without making your character a completely unplayable cripple. Also sometimes what you might find repulsive, for me is my fetish
>>
>>53371798
Because some of us are attractive and confident in real life, and want to try something different?
>>
>>53371798
Depends on a bunch of other factors with the character.
I've never played a character where him/her being ugly was THE central theme about them, but I have played ugly characters.

It allows you to have moments where an NPC / PC finally "sees beyond" the characters horrifying exterior, for example. Beauty & the Beast, but not necessarily romantic.

And it can be a fun addition to the party to have someone horrifying jump into the social situation once the party face strikes out on the social graces. Good cop / bad cop
>>
>>53371798
I like to challenge my GM.
Also, sometimes people roll up beautiful characters.
Like my exalted group, We have one appearence 5, one with 4 and one with 3. Technically beautiful.
And then there's the fucker with 1. The words he used was "not hideous, just very very boring in all aspects of the word refering to beauty.".
But next to the demigoddess of beauty she's fucking ugly. Next to the nigh-perfect ideal of a man even straight men would consider the man and next to her sister with 3 in appearance then basically no one would consider her interesting.

I mean, if everyone was beautiful, then no one would be. Having someone be prettier might be part of their concenpt.
>>
>>53371798
Helps us get into character when we have a trait we can relate to.
>>
>>53371798

Self insert
>>
>>53371798
Adrian Smith is the fucking man.
>>
>>53371798
Same reason they play dumb characters, presumably.

I play a not-dumb barbarian, but one who certainly looks like she wouldn't know the first thing about being literate, counting higher than the number of arrows in her quiver, and dressing herself for court. Of course, she can do those things, but she knows she sucks at them- so she makes do with acting like an erratic son of a bitch and keeping them guessing. She might not know the rules and niceties of the court, but if she can keep them from knowing what she'll do next, they're basically on level footing.

The sort of animal-cunning workaround wouldn't work, or matter as much, if she was just a properly protocol'd noblewoman herself. As it is,it's a significant and dominating part of her personality.
>>
>>53371798
some people like the challenge
>>
File: 1493578894322.png (618KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
1493578894322.png
618KB, 612x792px
>>53371942
This, I am a sucker for Quasimodo style characters. The gentle soul others take to be a hideous brute at first is a fun dynamic to play out in game, doubly so if they're forced by the group to be their muscle against his will. Also makes the b9nds between them and those who see past the surface even stronger.

Also, it's fun coming up with how the character is disfigured or malformed, as opposed to the usual cookie cutter beauty/studmuffin.
>>
>>53372993
>>53372066
Keheheheh
>>53371942
>>53374087
I like you
>>
>>53371798
Why not?
>>
>>53371798

"I am not comely, but I am strong. I am not pretty, but my heart beats true."
- Ser Garret the Harelip.

Current character. That answer your question?
>>
>>53373611
yeah I bet that's what ur dad told to ur mom when they saw your mug
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.