[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently running a rogue trade game with some guys at my barracks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1301041655007.jpg (150KB, 1023x741px) Image search: [Google]
1301041655007.jpg
150KB, 1023x741px
Currently running a rogue trade game with some guys at my barracks. Ijust had them liberate an agri world under siege by the Tau. A large majority of the imperial populace were in open rebellion against the governor but after a few orbital strikes and the destruction of the Tau fleet in orbit I had them retreat leaving small pockets of resistance here and there. The planet in question hasn't seen the light of the emps in 200 years.
As players what would you do tg?
>>
Tau fleet meaning two cruisers and a transport.
>>
>>53371120
Conscript the populace and force them to hunt down and exterminate every last Tau as penance.
>>
File: Siderial.png (196KB, 476x800px) Image search: [Google]
Siderial.png
196KB, 476x800px
>>53371120
What my RT group did recently.

Go to a war world and purchase a regiment after performing some favours on the battlefield.

Then have the regiment conquer the planet.
>>
>>53371120
Send your missionary down there and start preaching the fuck out of that shit.
>>
>>53371120
I'm asking because I wanted to prep interesting situations for my players
>>
Wait, why are they resisting? If the population hasnt seen the light in 200 years is the Governor a loyalist or a separatist/independent?
>>
>>53371120
Impart the creed, remind them they owe penance for centuries of impiety, and their planet's treachery to the Tau.

But offer them forgiveness if they return to the church, and get back to work.

Then set up your own interests to ship their foodstuffs offworld at a significant profit to you, while you as slowly as you're permitted, file the paperwork to notify the Imperium of the planet.

The longer you can "legitimately" loot it while they calculate its Tithe, the better for you. Also this way nobody can accuse you of trechery, as you diiiiid report the planet.
>>
>>53371120
If they haven't seen the Emperor's light they're probably more likely to be rebelling mostly against the Governor rather than the Imperium itself.

Depending on how much of an asshole the Governor is you might want to use him as a scapegoat - execute him to placate the rebels and install a trusted retainer as the new Governor, and make his first act re-instituting the imperial faith via your missionaries.

You now have a governor who's position is entirely thanks to you (and who was formerly your man), and have hopefully restored the faith (maybe have them build a cathedral? A little backbreaking labour never hurt anyone, except for unfortunate construction accidents) - this should please the Ecclisiarchy, but may piss off the Administratum (who don't really like governors canging), so give them the news over a nice gift of back taxes, or even forward taxes, which should be drawn from the regions with the most rebels.
If "fulfilment of outstanding tithes" happens to cause the rebels to starve, well, the Emperor forgives.

Effective and productive action still trumps the bureaucratic rules, even in the imperium, so as long as your guy is good the administratum won't mind too much that you've essentially just helped yourself to a planet - though of course your retainer will formally and publicly renounce all ties to you.

The leaders of the rebels that you've not killed via bombardment should be courted in such a way to restore order - I'd congratulate them for their actions against the clearly corrupt former governor, and find a place where their leadership and fighting qualities can be used... such as leading the first waves of attack against the vile xenos still in system
>>
>>53371120
Were the rebels working with the Tau?
>>
File: 1407323785273.jpg (27KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
1407323785273.jpg
27KB, 246x275px
>>53371120
Go isis on them.
Infiltrate the rebel movement with pro imperial agents, preaching that the governor will fall and the chosen of the god emperor will arrive.
Make sure you win the war slowly as to really let the new faith take root.

By the time the old governor is dead the people who fought for freedom against a tyrant will believe that they really wanted to to be slaves to an extremely repressive faith all along.
>>
>>53373330

Here are some historical templates you can use:

Counter-insurgency: you flat-out conquer the place (or occupy on behalf of the existing Governor). So it's primarily a military campaign to kill off the insurgents, combined with a political/economic game to coopt the local leaders. Basically Iraq in space.

Propaganda war: you do what this guy suggests >>53371947 by overthrowing the "corrupt evil" governor and install another governor as a puppet who is loyal to you. So propaganda to get the people behind your new order, plus a political campaign to co-opt the local leaders. Grenada or Panama in space. If your RT character has kids, this is a great way to get third and fourth sons into positions of power without them fighting one another.

Open conquest: make the rubble bounce, brutally take power and destroy anybody who won't submit. Chechnya in space; or make it Ukraine if you fight the war using an insurgency that YOU sponsor.

Remember, however, that you're Rogue Traders. The goal is profitability, not conquest. The cheapest, easiest approach is the Saudi Arabian way: pay someone else to die for you while you collect the rewards. As DM, I'd create a cast of characters in a complex political and economic network. They should all have roles within society,b ut also be personally ambitious. So then the players have to figure out who is on their side, who has to be bought/intimidated/persuaded, and who has to be killed.

Plus they need to figure out a way to make it all pay for itself.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.