[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WoTC devs themselves state that 4e should be called DnD Tactics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: DnD Tactics.png (16KB, 818x137px) Image search: [Google]
DnD Tactics.png
16KB, 818x137px
>WoTC devs themselves state that 4e should be called DnD Tactics instead
Have 4rries ever been BTFO this badly?
>>
>>53366718

No, he says he'd like to revive it as a D&D Tactics.

Can't you read your own picture?
>>
File: le condescending monkey.jpg (126KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
le condescending monkey.jpg
126KB, 333x500px
>>53366718
>harder for new players
>fundamental problem was that the new player and DM pipeline was closed
>sold better than any prior edition of D&D
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>53366718
>the dev who almost openly hates 4e
>a literal fucking reddit post
hm...huh.
>>
>>53367272
>Even the devs hate his shitty edition
>>
>>53366902
This is Mearls we're talking about. He probably doesn't know himself.

>>53367926
You mean the one dev who had been working against 4e from the very start and who intentionally tanked its quality when he took over.
>>
>>53366718
4rrie here. No, actually. I completely agree. It was something radically different to any other D&D edition, and we could've avoided all the drama we've had if they'd just rebranded it.
>>
>>53367272
>>the dev who almost openly hates 4e

I wouldn't say Mike openly hates 4E. I mean, I had near an hour conversation with him just on he topic of what he thought about D&D's momentary use of, and other system's small adoption of 4E's multiple defense and defense-targeting, and he had interesting stuff to say on it.
>>
>>53367971
Paranoid delusions. Fourth edition was so bad, it made Paizo from virtual nobodies into WoTC's rivals. When people prefer Pathfinder to your product, you know you fucked up, and Mearls had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>53368015
Killing the OGL did that, and that was mandated by higher-ups.

4e could have been the second coming of christ, and PF would still have gotten a sizable market-share of 3rd edition babies.
>>
>>53368419
>Killing the OGL did that
Sales and interest in the system were tanking well before that, most likely it was expedited by higher up's commands but only so they could rid themselves of it.
>>
>>53369259
>Sales and interest in the system were tanking well before that,

What, you mean before 4e was even released?
>>
>>53366718
>Dev who never stopped complaining about said edition would live to revive it
How is this btfo?
>>
>>53367926
He did some of the worst things to it. He hated it while working on it. He should have been shipped to something else instead of being allowed to touch it.
>>
>>53369259
I'm pretty sure 4e Divine Power was supplement of the year when it was released. Granted, it was IO9/Gawker that said that, but this was before they became racist against whites.
>>
>>53369931
Divine Power was amazing, just for the paladin section alone.
>>
>>53366718

I think the fans of 4th edition got all the BTFO they needed when 5th edition was announced, made, came out, and became the best selling edition. Don't need to rub any more salt in that particular wound.

Though they definitely needed some fucking salt, with the arrogant and annoying way they were carrying themselves when their edition was still a thing.
>>
>>53370950
I guess this means every single edition got BTFO'd when the next came out, right?

Since they all sold more than the previous?
>>
If they released an even math tighter version as (a side product) D&D Tactics there would be success. Keeping this tactical approach alongside the 5e with the online chargen.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.