[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup cunts, crossboard visitor here. I'm looking to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1462498005441.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462498005441.gif
3MB, 480x360px
Sup cunts, crossboard visitor here. I'm looking to start getting into Warhammer 40K lore. What are some good novels for a new person to start reading for the literary immersion part of it? I've only a very rough basic understanding of the 40K lore and would like to know more.
>>
File: 1453762309968.jpg (460KB, 1260x1712px) Image search: [Google]
1453762309968.jpg
460KB, 1260x1712px
Now please be a crossboarder somewhere else.
>>
File: Umbra Sumus.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Umbra Sumus.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>53356881
I suggest Baneblade and Shadowsword by Guy Haley, and the two short stories that fit between the two novels, Stormlord and Iron Harvest. Basically Fury/Band of brothers in a tank on 40k. Excellent books.
I also suggest Deathwatch by Steve Parker, the Caiphas Cain serie, and Pdf related, a book that shows whatevery book about an unknown chapter shoulf be. You can't buy it so you'd have to torrent it otherwise.
Redemption Corps is pretty cool as well and the Night Lord Trilogy is a sure value.

You'd do well to read Lexicanum, and just be curious about stuff, that's how you discover the lore and the connected novels that relate to it.
>>
>>53357043
>Shira Calpurnia
>Faith and Fire
>Hammer and Anvil
I've never seen taste so shit.
>>
>>53356881
>>>/jp/
>>
>>53356881
I strongly recommend you start with the Cain series: it's probably the least grim of the books, and will give you a fantastic boots-on-ground perspective of the 40k universe from someone who still finds joy in life outside of slaughtering xenos scum.
>>
File: image.png (175KB, 400x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
175KB, 400x440px
>>53357140
Hey asshole care to explain why its bad?
>>
>>53357237
Women have no place in combat. Their only purpose is to stay behind the lines and make babies, so they can be turned into more soldiers. Anything else is unrealistic, laughable garbage at best, and propaganda at worst.
>>
>>53356881
Oooh silly me, I forgot, Dead Men Walking is absolutely top tier, but prepare yourself to be depressed after reading it.
>>
>>53357298
dude: 40k mantra: there are a million worlds in the Imperium of Man, it's not just legal, but easily justified *somewhere*.

Also: a Catchan woman would skin you alive for saying that.
>>
>>53357237
I know you want to take the bait of >>53357298 but just don't. Ignore him, it's obvious bait.
>>
File: fedora.png (131KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
131KB, 625x626px
>>53357298
>>
>>53357416
In this moment I am taking the bait.
>>
>>53357043
/thread
>>
>>53357325
40K humans are canonically genetically altered to be more hardy than baselines, so they can be more effective explorers and colonizers.
>>
>>53357043

>Imperial Guard omnibus is not on there

It's like you fucks didn't read 15 Hours or Rebel Winter. I can't remember the name of the Catachan story though but that was good too.
>>
>>53357515
15 hours is there though.
>>
>>53357515

15 hours is on there. Rebel Winter and Death World were alright but didn't really stand out as anything special.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.