[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A moderately large fleet of Daleks enters the grimdark galaxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 29

File: everybody loves a crossover.jpg (95KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
everybody loves a crossover.jpg
95KB, 1200x675px
A moderately large fleet of Daleks enters the grimdark galaxy of WH40k.

How big a threat would they be to the other factions?
>>
>>53353062
Game ender.

They have time travel.
>>
>>53353516
/thread

Time travel beats everything.
>>
File: Doctor_with_guitar_scopy.jpg (199KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_with_guitar_scopy.jpg
199KB, 500x500px
The Daleks are an equal match to Time Lords.

A single Time Lord could end the entire 40k setting if only he gave a fuck.

A bunch of Daleks would have little trouble.
>>
File: dalek256.jpg (15KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
dalek256.jpg
15KB, 256x256px
>>53353062
Your race cant be taken seriously if they are fucking wheelie-bins with plungers sticking out of them.

I dont care how much lore wankery or tv shows they've been in.
>>
>>53353565
They're essentially tanks and tanks are fucking rad.

Sure they'll never not be quaint but even though I lost interest in Doctor Who years ago I'll always love the Daleks even despite how shit and gay the show continually continues to make them.

Genesis of the Daleks and that 2005 Dalek episode are some timeless classic SciFi for me.
>>
>>53353603
>that 2005 dalek episode

you mean the one where the Dalek tells the Doctor he would make an excellent Dalek and you can almost FEEL the slap?
>>
>>53353799
Of the new Dr Who there should have been only 2 Darlek episodes. That one as the final goodbye and for that verbal slap to the face and the more recent one with Davros but with the last 10 minutes cut off the end.

Davros dying at that moment would have been a touching moment full of feels. After he dies it should have been a mad dash back to the Tardis rather than muh Time Lord magic.

As it stands it built up well and ended shit.
>>
File: Chaos_Android.png (154KB, 649x219px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Android.png
154KB, 649x219px
Wouldn't robits get immediately swamped by DAoT viruses
>>
File: 1271163996268.png (345KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1271163996268.png
345KB, 624x352px
>>53353830
yea it's true. You probably know but the BBC have to use the Dalek image every series or they lose the rights or some shit which is why they get so badly raped with terrible stories.

They should be the BBEG kept for special occasions.
>>
>>53353878
>You probably know

I didn't know, as it happens, and it also sounds a lot like bullshit.
>>
>>53353603
what about that episode where they retrofit atmospheric bubbles and laser guns onto spitfires and have a space dogfight with a dalek ship

dr who might be stupid, but it manages to be fun-stupid more often than it should
>>
File: dalek-inside-sec-1.jpg (55KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
dalek-inside-sec-1.jpg
55KB, 460x300px
>>53353873
>robits
>>
>>53353545
He actually couldn't.

It's kind of retarded, but a lot of points in history are fixed. When the Time Lords try and change fixed points the time stream just contrives various reasons for things to have stayed the same, like in Waters of Mars where most of the people he save wind up committing suicide.
>>
>>53353901
It's true just google the Terry Nation Estate there's plenty on the long legal misery the Daleks have been to the show.
>>
>>53353933
Why does the robot plumber carry a pet squid around
>>
>>53353966
That is the Dalek. The things you see in the show are battle suits.
>>
>>53353565
Your race cant be taken seriously if they are fucking cockney football hooligans expy.
>>
>>53353565
t. raging faggot
>>
>>53353980
Nah.
The plungerbots are daleks, that squid thing is some bullshit retcon.
>>
>>53353995
Nobody takes the orks seriously. They're the comic relief. And when they're not, it's easy to forget about all the football stuff just by having them shut up.

Try that with the daleks.
>>
>>53353062

They would absolutely wipe the floor with every other named faction, including Chaos.

Daleks can Time Travel. Daleks invent new tech and develop superweapons at an alarming rate. Either one of these would be really fucking dangerous on its own, but combined its kind of impossible for 40k to compete.

Like, let me fucking TELL YOU about the Time War.

The Time War never ended, because every single battle of the tiem war has been lost, won, and is still being fought simultaneously. Every time any individual battle would be lost, someone on the losing side sends the battle data back in time and uses that to win, in an infinite loop.

Each side creates superweapons that win the war, and then have those superweapons be sabotaged before they can be deployed, and then use time travel to ensure those weapons are successfully developed and win the war, etc, infinite loop.

Time got so fucked in the Time War that there is an entire third faction scrambling in the war: the "Could-Have-Been King" and his army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres. Entire civilizations and lost armies that are from timelines that no longer exists, and whose only motivation was to create timelines where they and their people survive.

It got so cancerously bad that the Doctor had to seal the entire time war in its own little bubble so it would stop spilling out into the rest of time and space. Its still being fought, and occasionally shit gets out anyway.

The Daleks were one of the two major sides in that, and the one that escapes the time war the most consistently. 40k wouldn't even know what to do against that kind of shit.
>>
Faction paradox is pretty much what you get when you mix timelord with some chaos.
>>
>>53354008
>a fucking trashcan
>>
What if a Dalek turned to Chaos?
>>
>>53354023
Pretty much the same if it were Khorn or Tzeentch. I dare not to think of Slaanesh daleks... although if they derive pleasure from cruelty and hatred, it would still be the same. Nurglite Dalek?
>>
>>53354009
What he said.
The daleks are what you get if you had oldcrons mixed with even more bullshit tech.
The daleks would think the old ones and the c'tan as cute.
>>
>>53353062
Game over, Daleks win.
>>
>>53354009

But hey, maybe you think Time Travel logistics isn't enough. Lets talk what teh Daleks can fucking do to you. Superweapons that the Dalek can shit out on a sunday morning INCLUDE:

> a bomb the size of your fist powerful enough to turn an entire planet into gravel, included in the body of a lifelike robot that doesn't know its a robot and which can pass all medical inspections
> a psychic bomb from the timewar that doubles your thoughts, then doubles them again, in a loop until your brain tears itself apart. It was designed to kill time lords, and when said time lords used their bullshit regeneration power to give themselves a new body all it did was reset the the clock and their thoughts started doubling again. So it could kill an immortal being with 15 "that didn't kill me" retcon tricks in under an hour with one shot.
> a bomb that creates a time bubble large enough to encase a planet, preventing travel into or out of the bubble, and then sends everything at superspeed forward or backward in time.So either rewinding your planet back to prehistory, or fastforwarding your planet to the lifeless wasteland at the end of time.
> Temporal Cannons, which delete you from history so you never existed at all. They can be built big enough to delete a planet, or small enough for individual person use to be mounted on a Dalek. A Teme War weapon, obviously.
> various planet busters, too many to name really
> the ability to steal planets and teleport the whole thing into a little pocket dimension that only they can travel in and out of, which even other time travelers can't find without help

which leads into the big one

> The motherfucking REALITY BOMB, a solar system sized superweapon built out of stolen planet which, when activated, would wipe from existence every other planet, star, and ship in the universe, in every timeline past present and future. The only safe place to be would be inside the space of the Reality Bomb itself.

Like, fuck.
>>
>>53354023

They have psychic protections in the show, with varying degrees of success, but assuming one of them actually did fall to Chaos?

The most likely outcome is that the Dalek kills itself for no longer being 100% pure superior being Dalek. We once see a Dalek kill itself because it started feeling emotions other than pure blinding hate. So the moment mutations come up, its time for explosive sudoku.

If, for whatever reason, the Dalek doesn't kill itself? The others will kill it for the same reason.

Daleks don't have individual ambition to play upon, so promising one power doesn't really accomplish much. The Dalek will either insult you for presuming the Daleks needed your help in the first place, and then kill you, or if you are offering something that would help in the extermination of all other forms of life take the offered power and them immediately try and use it to kill you.

The only Chaos God who might have a hold on them is Khorne, because they are some pretty dedicated killers, but the Dalek methods of fighting are VERY un-Khorne. Khorne loves bloodshed and combat. To the Daleks, spilling blood is basically a failure state because that means you didn't turn their entire planet into anti-matter and send it crashing into a another planet to kill both civilizations instantly. They would also question why they need Khorne, and they would begin working on a plan to kill the Chaos Gods moments after they find out such things exist.
>>
File: advancement.jpg (16KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
advancement.jpg
16KB, 300x290px
>make retarded trashcan with sticks jutting out of it
>write some terrible fanfic tier superpower lore worse than a 12 yr old marvel neckbeard's hero fantasy
>idiots actually try to hype it up like its worth comparing to any other franchise

Just no, time-travelling galactic tyrants who use a "tank" that can be stopped by a moderately sized curb.

Put some basic effort it or leave it in a bad comedy.
>>
File: HA HA HAA.jpg (67KB, 617x603px) Image search: [Google]
HA HA HAA.jpg
67KB, 617x603px
>>53354287
>if it can beat mah 40kays it's garbage op fanficshun!

You're right about one thing, though, 40K and Doctor Who are pretty incomparable. 40K is simplistic satire, whereas old Doctor Who is a critically acclaimed masterpiece of sci-fi television.
>>
>>53354447
>critically acclaimed masterpiece of sci-fi television
His bias shows.

> 40K is simplistic satire
His ignorance too
>>
>>53354131
It sounds like they were written by twelvies.
>>
>>53354508

They are the most dangerous faction around in a show that's been running, on and off, for 40+ years.

Over time, their list of accomplishments has gotten pretty insane.
>>
>>53354488
>His ignorance too

40k was always satire, though. Late editions went to shit when the writers forgot this and tried to actually take it seriously - always a bad call.
>>
>>53354447
Im not that invested in 40k lore.

You can put star wars, star trek, guardians of the galaxy, the expanse, judgement day... fucking anything really.

They all beat a villain that was created from the constraints of making a cheap physical prop for a 60s tv show
>>
Daleks would eat shit. They can handle modern small-arms fire and even some explosives but many of the Imperium's weapons are high-tech enough to tear them apart. Tau, Necrons and Eldar wouldn't have any trouble at all.

That's just in ground combat - if all they have is a single fleet, sheer numbers, if not fire superiority, will put a quick end to them.

Until they inevitably inexplicably "fall through time" and reappear later, a constant and overused asspull method of bringing them back that probably suits GW's writing style perfectly.
>>
>>53354619

> lets judge this fictional faction on everything but what they can do in canon

Why are you even here?
>>
>>53354619
>They all beat a villain that was created from the constraints of making a cheap physical prop for a 60s tv show
>Guardians of the Galaxy

If we're judging the book by its cover, then I'd say a trash can could beat a fucking raccoon.
>>
>>53354004
They were always mutants encased in travel machines.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Daleks_(TV_story)
>>
>>53354664
Which one pillages which, anon?
>>
File: 1494271895811.png (2MB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494271895811.png
2MB, 899x1200px
Depends if Big E or Papa Smurf is around.
Big E would wipe them from the universe and Papa Smurf would find some convoluted Spiritual Liege way of killing them.

In between then however, there would be a pretty big war, though the Imperium would not go down without kicking and screaming.
>>
>>53354643
I refuse to reward such poor effort with any kind of respect.

Its as bad as modern artists shitting onto a canvas then having essays being written on the meaning of their garbage. And having that garbage displayed in the same museums as those who actually tried to create something with skill and beauty in mind.

Daleks should have been evolved into something other than trashcans the moment the tv show could afford it. Just writing shitty fanfic while the form remains the same is meaningless.
>>
>>53354756
If the Daleks are doing it right, by the time the Imperium realizes the Daleks exist and are a threat, its too late to dip anything about it.

Also time travel. The fact the Daleks have access to this is a massive advantage that no one in the 40k universe can reliably match.
>>
>Doctor Who
the setting becomes even more cancer than even robot girlyman's super-marines
I'm a britfag and even I want this shitty show to die
>>
>>53354787
I'm guessing you guys get the worst of it?
>>
>>53354799
Of course we fucking do.
>>
>>53354838
Mind telling me a story? I feel like cringing this morning.
>>
>>53353565
Your mom can't be taken seriously if she's a fucking slut with cocks sticking out of her.

I don't care how many truckers she wanks off or how many gang-bang videos she's been in.
>>
>>53354580
>40k was always satire, though.
>was
Long ago, before you autists. You all took it as seriously as the writers.

>>53354554
Well in my head, the peanut-people can explode suns just by thinking about it, and it's been my canon for YEARS. Therefore shut up.
>>
>>53354871
>You all took it as seriously as the writers.

Hey, don't lump me in with those assholes. I still prefer second edition over anything that's come since.
>>
Daleks show up, wreck shit, unmake a couple worlds and generally appear to be even more of an apocalyptic super-threat than everything else in WH40K.

Unfortunately they came to the WH40K universe, so, narratively, they play by 40K rules. 40K doesn't have to play by Dr.Who rules unless they asininely try to counter-invade.

At this point they remain an omnicidal threat killing planets left, right, and center, but somehow never quite enough or fast enough to totally destablize the galactic scale shitshow.

Eventually they are either:
A)Forced back to their home universe at the cost of...I don't know. History's largest Ork Waagh, 2 Eldar Craft worlds and a few hundred billion Guardsmen with other factions operating in ominous/significant manners on the side lines in some kind of cataclysmic showdown / pileup of way too many overcomplicated plans.
or
B)They are a menacing threat which, though always menacing, just get mentioned a little less each time until the writers quietly forget about them and they're never mentioned again.

Because there is no force so powerful that it can both operate according to 40k narrative convention and permanently upset the galaxy enough to be permitted to 'win' and thereby end all conflict.
>>
>>53354856
Afraid not, it's mostly low-grade cringe I encounter, and that I try my best to avoid.
>>
>>53354897
Well, then it doesn't sound that terrible and mostly that you're just exaggerating.
>>
>>53354882
Tell that to Cadia.
>>
>>53354882
I would imagine what would happen is since they are burbling lumps of hate with tentacles Chaos gets it on with them. Khorn would probably mess in his big boy pants and those pants were made from his favorite skulls.

The thing is if you could corrupt Daleks with Chaos it would make them arguably more effective. Certainly a new trick in their bag, at least, but, yeah, narratively I think they should be more powerful. And they should be because of the coming irony when the regular Daleks see them and start to murder them, or at least try, because even if they were a new superior model the Daleks would see them as contaminated. Yes, mutants who cannot abide things that are too different from themselves. It helps when they think their grotesque form is the pinnacle of evolution, at least for their kind.
>>
>>53353565
The daleks probably worked best in their original appearance, when their role was far more constrained and they didn't stupidly repeat "exterminate" over and over. (IIRC, "exterminate" was only used once, and it was screamed unnecessarily in combat, but rather used when the daleks were plotting what to do with the Doctor and his allies.) It's once they've been turned into a galaxy-threatening, time-traveling, virtually-invulnerable race of supposed super-geniuses, that shit really gets retarded, especially when they're constantly barking "exterminate" for no reason, like some sort of idiot dog.
>>
>>53354008
A dalek that stopped shouting wouldn't be a dalek anymore.
>>
>>53354287
>can be stopped by a moderately sized curb.
Not really:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_cJ9BlMCw8
>>
File: 1433033457_640353654.jpg (75KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1433033457_640353654.jpg
75KB, 600x800px
>>53353062
WOAH, XENOS IN A CAN?!
>>
>>53354287
>Just no, time-travelling galactic tyrants who use a "tank" that can be stopped by a moderately sized curb.
Bitch, please. You need more than just a club to stop a dalek. At the very least, you need something like a hat or a frankenstein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEj3nuBOxZg
>>
>>53353545
Lorgar a shit.
>>
>>53354768

By the time they had the budget to replace them, the design was already iconic. Notice that when they had the chance they did redesign the Cybermen, but the Daleks have largely remained the same aside from changing color every now and again.

At this point, the Daleks are like the Tardis itself. Police call boxes don't exist anymore, but if you made the Tardis look like anything else it wouldn't be the Tardis anymore.
>>
>>53353878
Or relegated to small cameos.
>>
>>53355311
Time War variant is ridiculously op, but then I suppose for a conflict like that it makes sense. It's at that degree of power where they fuck with the multiverse and other dimensions, so arguably this is what 40k would be facing.

Dalek in vid related was when they were just concerned with conquering a single universe, and frankly were still struggling to survive after getting their squiddly-diddlies kicked by the Movellans. Who I suppose were nice to see again this season, if only briefly.
>>
>>53354782
Do they though?
>>
File: cyberman anatomy.jpg (191KB, 900x1271px) Image search: [Google]
cyberman anatomy.jpg
191KB, 900x1271px
>>53353830
I like those two epsisodes, but I also think Davros should've stayed dead from Genesis onwards.
Cybermen are better anyway
>>
File: cyberman.jpg (50KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
cyberman.jpg
50KB, 640x482px
>>53355360
>Notice that when they had the chance they did redesign the Cybermen
I actually like the old cybermen designs (well, most of them, anyway). They had character. I find the new design to be rather bland, if obviously higher budget. Appearances aside, I really hate how they've turned the cybermen into robot drones who mechanically say "delete, delete, delete" and shit. I also hate their origin. The old cybermen were never particularly consistent, but they were at their best when they seemed more like mummies or zombies than robots. Also, their origin story is pretty cool: a sister planet to Earth is flung out of the solar system and the inhabitants go underground to survive the cold of space, and begin augmenting themselves until, bit by bit, they lose their humanity. It sure as fuck beats their blimp-world creation story in new Who.
>>
>>53354488
>His bias shows.

No, that's just a fact.

The old Doctor Who stuff is widely considered to be one of the most important pieces of science fiction to grace TV.

>40K satire thing

That's a fact too. Do you know nothing about the game you play?
>>
>>53354190
They would work best with Tzeentch
>>
File: 1451882474288.jpg (206KB, 784x776px) Image search: [Google]
1451882474288.jpg
206KB, 784x776px
>>53354131
>temporal cannons
But how would you know they actually work?
>>
>>53355563
Pretty sure they retconned the blimp-world cybermen away and are now back to the old ones, though with the new designs.
>>
>>53355563
>>53356997
Yeah, the universe has been reset like... 3 times since the blimp world.
>>
>>53354863
>xD your mom lolololol
>>
>>53354863
You don't care how many videos she's been in? I personally would look them up.
>>
>>53356997
>>53357025
I know they encounter some cybermen that they said must've developed independently or some shit, but they never really focused on that, leaving blimp-world as the only creation story that was more than a hand-wave (and a hand-wave that didn't even make much sense). Of course, I walked away from the show at the beginning of the last season, and was losing interest during the season or two before that, so it's possible I've missed some important developments on the subject. Regardless, the cybermen need a better depiction. New Who has done some things well, but it has, in general, done a pretty crappy job of interpreting classic enemies, in my opinion.

>>53357025
>Yeah, the universe has been reset like... 3 times since the blimp world.
I hate how little integrity new Who has. I recognize that classic Who could be inconsistent, but it didn't completely restart the universe and change everything around every other season.
>>
File: 1413713266696.jpg (37KB, 365x434px) Image search: [Google]
1413713266696.jpg
37KB, 365x434px
>>53354664
Think coons trump trashcans anon
>>
>>53356959
You don't. From your final perspective you never even fire it, you just bought a gun and suddenly you never seem to run into problems.
>>
>>53356959
Who time travel logic has the POV of the time traveler being massively important. You can't change events you have already witnessed directly yourself. All paradoxes have to be external rather than internal to your personal timeline.

So you shoot a guy with the temporal gun. He blips out of existence. Anyone who saw him vanish remembers him, the rest of the world does not.
>>
>>53353062
https://youtu.be/X_mAz2GqzFQ
>>
>>53355563
I want to say that the Mondasian Cybermen absorbed the Pete's World Cybermen in to their fold. But given NuWho's inconsistency sometimes I could be easily wrong
>>
>>53357636
Little pepper shaker cheerleading squad is kind of adorable.
>>
>>53353062
Let me have you the trouble of having this thread.
>WH40K vs anything
>WH40Kids: WH40K wins because reasons
>any disagreement
>you are wrong because WH40K is strongest
>any discussion
>WH40K the best, you're dumb
>any reasonable and logical proof
>WH40Kids: nope because MAGIC/REASONS/LORE/BULLSHIT!
>thread continues until people stop posting
>WH40Kids: See, we're right you're wrong.
>>
>>53353062
Whatever the fanfic writer decides.
>>
>>53353062

The problem with Daleks is that just 5 random Daleks on a planet will, given enough time, build a device that can destroy the planet and possible the nearby star. They don't even need advanced technology to work with, garbage will do the same job even if it takes a little longer.
>>
>>53354925
well, now it is. The first two new series of the reboot were okay, but I stopped watching with Tenant. At the point, it got stupid. Now they have comedy actors as the companions - Matt Lucas, really? Don't get me wrong, some good ideas, but now it's all in a 45 minute wrap up, where's the tension? There's a problem, there's a Doctor, it's fixed. In the early series you might go a full first episode before the Doctor turned up so you had some tension.
The new style Daleks are awesome, even if the Emperor was bitshit insane. Bad Wolf, brilliant, only serious TARDIS babble defeated that. The episode Dalek was a great insight into the Dalek mind, and the double where they meet the new Cybermen was cool too - the worst damage a Dalek suffers is "My casing is impaired" which seems to cause no actual harm. But because they're the bad guys, they're a joke as they always get defeated.
>>
File: cyber07.jpg (190KB, 1024x738px) Image search: [Google]
cyber07.jpg
190KB, 1024x738px
>>53355563
Completely agree with you.
>>
>>53357504
I don't know, resetting allows change and new stories without having to care about inconsistencies.
>>
>>53354004
Uh, no. They were there from the first appearance of the Daleks, in black and white, back when they were so shitty that they died the instant you opened the suit, and they lost power when they drove onto a carpet.
>>
>>53354782

Have you ever actually paid attention to Doctor Who? The Daleks can't simply 'time travel' all of their problems away. Somethings HAVE to happen. Pivotal things.

Also, you're aware that the Emperor would know they're coming and warn the various sanctioned psykers of the Imperium? He's literally a god and borderline omniscient.

Nevermind the fact that we have no idea how physics would change for the Daleks in the 40k universe (or vice versa).
>>
>>53358364
>Emperor would know they're coming and warn the various sanctioned psykers of the Imperium? He's literally a god and borderline omniscient.

Except for, you know, that time that he didn't foresee his own death and the destruction of everything he worked for despite no fewer than 4 different people telling him it was going to happen to his fucking face.

Emps is powerful, but he can't see everything and he has a bad case of being a goddamn idiot.
>>
>>53353516
So does the warp, but chaos hasn't won yet by just sending daemons into the past to kill the emperor or stop the shamans from making him.
>>
>>53355078

Khorne wouldn't care about the Daleks. Khorne has fucking MAGIC on his side. Daemons are not mortal or constrained by the laws of physics (such as they are) in the 40k universe.

I'm sorry, the Daleks are a threat but not to the extent people are claiming. I'm willing to bet the existence of the Warp by itself would fuck up most Daleks, from their navigation methods to their time travel to their weapons.
>>
>>53358450
Daleks aren't constrained by the laws of physics either.
>>
>>53358415

Omniscient is not the same as being able to see the future. As soon as they became actors in the universe, he would know something is up.

I don't see anything he's done as idiotic, personally, it's not his fault his subjects tend to be human.
>>
>>53358468

Yes they are, fundamentally. They never violate any known laws of physics, they merely work around them. This is pretty much explicitly stated in Doctor Who. And because of that you have to take that at face value (even if it seems to the viewers that they DO violate the laws of physics).
>>
>>53355121
It turns out that saying exterminate fires their guns, and that's the only reason they do it.
Yep.
Please ignore how this directly contradicts literally everything.
>>
>>53353516
>>53353523
>there's an inquisition order specifically devoted to time-fuckery
Obviously, they team up with doctor who and wipe the floor with the angry trash-bins.

Not to mention that as soon as they enter warhammmer 40k space they'll just become the fuck-puppets of chaos.

>>53354009
>Daleks invent new tech and develop superweapons at an alarming rate.
Just like the tau and we all know how they btfo everyone else, right? :^)
>n-no you DON'T understand they're SO baddass that they have an endless war!!!11!!!
Like the whole fucking premise of the 40k setting?
It's like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and just jump at any chance to fan wank about how powerful your favourite baddies are.
From that perspective, you lose automatically because the whole concept of 40k is silly grimdark powerlevelwank to the point of purposeful absurdity.

>>53354067
Nah they're just inferior necrons with a flavour of paranoid autism added to their genocidal agenda.

>>53354131
So you really AREN'T familiar with 40k at all and are just jumping at a chance for fanwank?
The "lore" is filled with every type of stupid absurd superweapon a nerd might think up.
The whole idea of the imperium is that they've forgotten more than you can imagine and have absolutely nonsensical superweapons laying around with tech-fetishists worshiping them.

>>53358427
A lot of the people wanking over the daleks don't really seem familiar with 40k at all besides "le stupid 40kids big guns" memes so it's not surprising they didn't know.
They don't even really seem completely familiar with the dr. who setting either for that matter, >>53353952 >>53358364 >>53357618
>>
>>53360572
Fine, so maybe I'm not very familiar with 40k setting, but I'm still pretty sure all that "endless war" and "absolutely nonsensical superweapons laying around" still doesn't include anything to do with time travel, barring the occasional accident through the warp.

>Obviously, they team up with doctor who and wipe the floor with the angry trash-bins.

I'd watch this episode, though.
>>
>>53357838
>Daleks vs anything
>Dalekids: Daleks win because reasons
>any disagreement
>you are wrong because Daleks are strongest
>any discussion
>Daleks the best, you're dumb
>any reasonable and logical proof
>Dalekids: nope because TIMETRAVEL/REASONS/LORE/BULLSHIT!
>thread continues until people stop posting
>Dalekids: See, we're right you're wrong.
I can shitpost too :^)
>>
>>53358427
>implying 40k time travel is even remotely reliable.
>>
>>53360707
I don't think the Doctor would ever work with the Imperium, he's too soft and dedicated to personal freedom.
>>
>>53353062
>>53360707
From reading the thread, this just sounds like Necrons. BS supertech, time travel, generally better than everyone else at science.

Sure, they don't use time travel as casually as Daleks do, but with how big fate and nonsense is in 40k I'm not sure how much the Daleks could really alter to their advantage.

It's definitely going to be a fight against them, Necrons, and Tzeentch though. Everyone else can't weigh in too much.
>>
>>53360997
He's worked with worse when shit like Daleks are on the line. Though he'd probably snap his fingers to end the entire Imperium afterwards just for the heck of it.

>>53361005
I'll admit Necrons are bullshit enough to have time travel with them as well, but I can't think of a single example on top of my head. Could you drop in something?
>>
>>53353062
The Daleks, as bad guys, are fundamentally designed as so that they lose to an unusually clever bloke with two hearts, some clever gadgets and maybe one or two human companions.

An enemy so regularly thwarted by the ingenuity of a single man really stands no chance against enemies such as the Necrons, who are at least as powerful as the Daleks and don't fold to a single guy with a cool screwdriver. Sure there would be horrific casualties but a single medium sized fleet isn't gonna do much in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>53361069
On the other hand, the Daleks are also designed to show you that violence isn't the answer: anything that's just trying to beat them in their own game is almost certainly going to lose.

I'd imagine even Necrons couldn't out-gun them. You'll need to wait until some clever Inquisitor gets involved, which may well take a while.
>>
>>53361043
Orikan the Diviner is the best Necron Chronomancer, but others exist. It's mainly that they don't have a lot to go back in time to try and change as to why they don't use it extensively.

That said, between them and Tzeentch magic, the powers of divination make fiddling with the past tricky business.

And then even if they do go back and start messing with stuff, Orikan the Diviner is known to go back and change events so his predictions are right. He'll probably just end up going around Doctoring things himself.
>>
>>53361121
A very good point, I hadn't thought of that. A good thing the Inquisition have a branch dedicated to time-fuckery, so it might be faster than you think.

Or maybe the Tau/Eldar would figure out some smart solution to the problem if it was near them.

Orks/Chaos/Nids might be in some trouble but there are just too many of them and they're too hard to kill for a small fleet to have much of an effect.
>>
>>53360707
>>53361005
People have even pointed out that the daleks are limited in what they can alter, see >>53353952 >>53358364 >>53357618
>>
>>53353062
Well, the Ordo Chronos would finally have something important to do :P
>>
>>53361121
>>53361185
Well, as far as having some witty character to travel through time and outsmart them, >>53361172 could also apply.

Maybe he sees them for the grave threat they are (in the sense that them time-travelling around could ruin his predictions and reputation, and he decides to get help from a plucky Ordos Chronos Inquisitor and a Tzeentch Sorcerer skilled in Divination to help him save the time stream from their meddling?
>>
>>53353062
>vs Chaos
Not a winnable fight for Daleks
>vs anyone else
The logical way for them to win is simply building a reality bomb in an uninhabited corner of the galaxy and setting it off. It is usually up to author fiat whether divination is fucking useless or not. Species like the Tau and DE can't win in such a scenario.
>>
40k always win these things.

Why?

In 40k, Gods are real, and they are piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

When you're comparing Star Wars, Alien (tm), Halo, etc, they are are missing one thing. Gods that give a shit. So when you're comparing "Lol Timetravel trashcans vs Orcs" you have to remember you're not playing by physics' rules anymore, you're playing by Gork and Mork's. You think Gork and Mork would let their boys get krumped by something as un-Orky as time travel?

This pretty much goes for every faction with a warp God looking out for them.

Chaos: Plays that game better than you and isn't bound by such things like "logic" and "physical laws"
Emperor: Uses pure willpower to hold the nature of reality together / farts a warpstorm on top of them to prevent time shenanigans.
Gork and Mork: Lets see you time travel away from a God's giant foot.

40k always wins, because no one ever puts them up against things that can compete.
>>
>>53358427
>So does the warp
But Daleks have RELIABLE time travel.
>>
>>53353603
>They're essentially tanks and tanks are fucking rad.

No, in 40K terms they're Dreadnoughts.
>>
>>53362017
Dreadnoughts with time travel, death rays, and numbers.
>>
>>53353062
can i get a quick rundown on daleks?
>>
>>53360572
Daleks have built multiple devices that would have exterminated all life in the multiverse, literally ending existence itself, and were only stopped by the Doctor. The Chaos Gods are ants to the Daleks, everything is. You don't even understand the scale of the Time Wars. Countless universes were blown up, entire timelines deleted.

And anon, there USED to be entities like the Chaos Gods in Doctor Who 'verse. There used to be lots of Gods in fact. The Time Lords didn't like them so they genocided them, extermianted all magic from the universe, and re-wrote reality to follow logical standards.
>>
>>53361744

I agree that the chaos gods present a pretty big sticking point in most crossover events. Most other settings are not equipped to deal with that.

I would make a special exception for the Daleks, though. They are one of a very, very short list of science fiction factions that can fight back against the ruinous powers. If they are ever allowed to punch back at their full weight, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Daleks could design a weapon that just destroys the warp as a whole. They have made weapons that delete dimensions before, the only question is whether they just kill the chaos gods and everything else there, or if they can rig the weapon to kill everything with a soul that's reflected in the warp too.

This is helped by the fact that the Necrons had anti-warp tech too, so we know its possible. The Dalek already have experience in reality bomb superweapons, and they are way better at building them than anything in 40k.

Like, 40k considers a DAOT human warship with a gun that shoots blackholes and can rewind time to to change its shot to be OP as hell. To any Dalek faction that escaped the time war, that's pathetically weak. The upper powerlevels that Doctor Who reaches sometimes are frankly fucking stupid, but that doesn't make them any less dangerous.
>>
The Necrons can just delete stars at will with the celestial orrery. Find system Daleks are in, supernova it, go back to sleep.
>>
>Exterminatus!
>Exterminatus!
>>
>>53361005
Daleks can delete the entire Warp from the multiverse, set off a bomb that destroys all life in every single universe, or just change the creation of the universe itself. Nothing in 40k even comapres to the scale of Doctor Who factions. These are guys who can survive having a fucking universe blown up or even attempts to delete them from the time stream.
>>
>>53353062
I am very familiar with both settings, and even if we ignore the whole "time-travel" thing there is one thing that the Daleks have that nothing in 40k can compete with: Speed.

Daleks have repeatedly conquered vast swathes of various universes. Not just one galaxy, but entire galactic clusters and more. Even late-stage cybermen spaceships can travel between galaxies reasonably easily, and Daleks consider cybermen little more than pests. Their spaceships can go from one side of a galaxy to the other in an hour, speed not even Necron or Eldar bullshit can keep up with. Anytime you attempt to stop them doing anything, they can just leave. (And yes, warpless-FTL would function fine in the 40k galacy, Necrons and 'Nids use it all the time.)

Doctor Who is generally considered the second highest bullshit setting ever created, after Gurren Laggan. Trying to compete with their end-boss is not a good place to be. The Superman Thought Robot is level 0, but is a single entity rather than a setting.
>>
>>53362143
How is that supposed to harm Dalek ships.
>>
>>53353062
Khorne would cream his battlegrieves.
Abbadon the Armless might get a new plunger
>>
>all this Dr Who wank
Oh hey Tumblr is visiting again.

Someone post something about their made up genders so they go home crying about being triggered.
>>
>>53362101

Sure. They are genetically engineered little octopus monsters that consider themselves the absolute pinnacle of life, and have a xenophobic hatred of everything that's not them that makes the Imperium look like a hippy commune. Daleks will kill themselves or each other for even the most minor digression from the pure Dalek form, which can even include just having particularly 'un-Dalek' thoughts.

They roll around in tiny flying battle tanks which are armored, having varying degrees of defensive screens and force fields depending on the era, and armed with what originally started off as a powerful plasma gun. These days, their standard loadout is an organic scrambler that teleports all of your insides to different parts of you, scrambling your organs and skeleton together like an egg, which was designed to instantly kill enemies that could use time fuckery to "regenerate" themselves from any mortal wound. During the Time War, we are given to understand that some Dalek timelines built tiny temporal cannons that erased the target from the past, present, and future entirely... but the gun wouldn't fire if pointed at a Dalek, so no friendly fire.

Modern Daleks are nearly impossible to kill with our tech level, and even future guns generally have difficulty with them.

The Doctor Who franchise is absolutely full of cases where between 1 and 5 Daleks on a planet by themselves cobble together a weapon that destroys planets or worse. This happens with alarming regularity. At one point the Daleks build a weapon by teleporting planets into a pocket dimension and using that to build a bomb that destroys the multiverse and everything in it but their pocket dimension. That's probably their biggest superweapon, but its hard to be 100% sure of that.

They look like screaming trashcans, but their weapons program is absolutely fucking insane by any metric.

They successfully fought an extended war against an enemy that had perfect time travel. The Great Time War.
>>
>>53362267
>Abaddon
..And I can't even spell correctly today. Must be the Daleks
>>
>>53362112
>The Chaos Gods are ants to the Daleks, everything is.
wew kid, that fanwanking
Keep telling yourself that your personal favourite villains are the ultimate evil and can beat everything from god to one punch man despite being regularly defeated by the impromptu plans of a tourist and whatever average english fuckbuddy they're dragging along at the moment.

Also see >>53361192
>>
File: 4th doctor.jpg (39KB, 442x536px) Image search: [Google]
4th doctor.jpg
39KB, 442x536px
Sure, by what we've seen on the show, a small force of Daleks could almost certainly defeat mostly anything in 40k, even erase them from the timeline entirely. They've got a lot of weird bullshit powers and tech that make absolutely no sense and could wreck the entire galaxy without thinking about it too hard. And while you could argue some factions in 40k have similar bullshittery on their side, the issue is far deeper than a simple deus-ex-machinae dick measuring contest.

The thing about the Daleks isn't their pure force, it's what they represent.

Daleks come from a show that has always had fairly strong pacifistic undertones to it. Anything that just points their guns at things is either a bad guy or a mook: their way never works out. What always wins the day is quick wits, cunning, and strong morals.

And Warhammer, with its roots in a wargame, with a ten-thousand-year galaxy-wide war going on, is in a very short supply of guile and pacifism.

Over the course of the show, Daleks have never been beaten in a straight fight: no matter what anyone in 40k could throw at them, I doubt this crossover throw-down is going to break that streak. What will beat back the Daleks is the few guys capable of thinking outside the box, doing something other than just shoot shit.

So here's what I envision would go down:
Daleks come in, wreck some shit, blow up worlds. If 40k factions do have something to put a dent in them, it won't matter: the Daleks come up with some bullshit way to deal away with it.
But then a couple Ordo Chronos Inquisitors team up with an Eldar Warseer, a Tzeentch Sorcerer, a Necron lord, maybe a thick-headed Imperial Guard general to give them a bunch of redshirts to work with. They will come up with some equally bullshit technobabble to beat the Daleks back once and for all.
If the Doctor had to step in, he'll use similar bullshit to fix the Emperor and dismantle the entire Imperium as an afterthought before buggering off in the TARDIS.
Roll credits.
>>
>>53362265
Being anywhere near a supernova when it goes is a bad place to be, anon
>>
>>53362143
OOOOhhhh the daleks must be shaking in their lil chassies......(That is so cute)
>>
>>53362154
>Daleks can delete the entire Warp from the multiverse
We're reaching levels of delusional fan-wanking that shouldn't even be possible!

I'd love to see any sort of evidence or justification for that besides your furious little fanboner.
>>
>>53362339

> Dalek ships
> being harmed by a slower-than-light expansion of heavy plasma that's only as hot as a star

Considering that a Dalek ship with its shields up can hide inside a Black Hole to perform an ambush, I think not.

You have underestimated Dalek engineering. You have underestimated it greatly.
>>
File: elevate.jpg (25KB, 355x282px) Image search: [Google]
elevate.jpg
25KB, 355x282px
>>53362154
But they can't beat on loonie in a box.
>>
>>53362342
>wipe all life from galaxy by deleting it
>go back to sleep in magic tomb
>get comfy knowing Daleks can't bust this bunker
>>
>>53362330
>a small force of Daleks could almost certainly defeat mostly anything in 40k, even erase them from the timeline entirely
>source: my big gapping ass
>>
>>53361121
IT is worth pointing out that back when Doctor Who wasn't an awful trash fire, The daleks were fought to an absolute standstill by a race of Gynoids nowhere near as sophisticated as the Necrons.
>>
>>53362367

There's an entire arc of new-Who that deals with a Dalek Superweapon that destroys the entire multiverse in a single shot. It stands to reason that they can destroy a single specific dimension if they consider it worthy of their attention.

If they find the Warp itself to be somehow beyond their reach, they'll just kill off the 40k galaxy itself as their normal operations and the Chaos Gods die of starvation anyway.
>>
>>53362376
Doesn't stop them from being fucking lame though

Seriously, why couldn't we have more stuff with the Vashta Nerada? They were waaaay cooler
>>
>>53362404
REEEE fuck you the daleks beat everything instantly!!!1!
>>
>>53362392
Read the whole thing, anon.
>>
>>53362404

Sure, but they have teched up a lot since then.
>>
>>53362376
Are you aware that being within several light-years of a supernova will, even if all other effects are somehow blocked, still deliver a lethal dose of neutrinos?
>>
>>53362367
>The weak versions.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doctor-who-feats-and-source-thread.298198/page-3#post-14524470

>Time war.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doctor-who-feats-and-source-thread.298198/page-32#post-19108720

This thread would be over on the spot if everyone bother to see just how much of a mismatch this is.
>>
>>53362413
You should be thankful they only appeared once. Look at what happened to the Weeping Angels.
>>
>>53354009
sounds bretty cool, too bad nu-who has transformer tier bad lore
>>
File: gg read this shit.png (123KB, 540x324px) Image search: [Google]
gg read this shit.png
123KB, 540x324px
>>53354882
This is explained very well.

You say words good.
>>
>>53362413

Silence in the Library was some cool ass shit.

I'm not sure what else you could do with the Vasta Nerada, though. That episode explains that under normal circumstances, the Vashta Nerada are not a threat. They just eat roadkill, basically. The problem was that, in the Library, there was nothing for the Vashta Nerada to eat but the people. And there was a loooot of Vashta Nerada that was hatching there.
>>
>>53362455
You're right...
>>
>>53353062
Ok guys HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS because what you are about to see is the nerdiest, most ridiculous thing I ever found on the internet. And I've been on /tg/ for deacdes.

Presenting: THE COMPLETE UNABRIDGED HISTORY OF THE TIMELORDS
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/docwho2.html

Aka: what happens when 40 years of multi-media storytelling is condensed into a single timeline of events. Every episode, book, audio-drama, off-hand mentioned event is represented here, on this one website.

This. Shit. Is. Bannnas.

There are four paragraphs of events that occur before the Big Bang.
The Eldar Gods, The Chaos Gods, Hastur and Shub-Niggurath make an appearance.
A sentient black-hole tries to eat Satan and fails.
Satan has a son, who gets stuck under Cardiff for billions of years.
Magic rules the universe, is destroyed by the Time Lords, resurfaces, and is suppressed again.
The only reason the universe obeys physics rather than magic, is because the Time Lords created the Eye of Harmony out of a black-hole. Which is currently in the Tardis.

The Daleks come from this universe. And fought everything else in it, at once, to a draw.
>>
>>53362278
thank
>>
>>53362411
And the only reason you assume that weapon would work to destroy the warp is your raging fan-boner.
I mean, you're not even referencing a specific thing from the show that's stated to have the ability to destroy magical alternative dimensions, you're just assuming that the Daleks MUST be able to instantly destroy any specific dimension they want because they made a multiverse bomb.
That's like assuming that because humans can make nukes they must be able to make something that instantly vaporise anyone and win any fight.

You'd probably call it a cop-out if I suggested chaos just stop it with magic but that's exactly how you use "super time travel tech" to justify Daleks instantly defeating any enemy no questions allowed.
>>
>>53362425
The rest doesn't make that one point any less of a stupid asspull, anon.
>>
>>53362449
>"And you know how those Dalek guns work, don't you? On full power, they can blast a human being to atoms in a split second. But they never do that. Every Dalek dials down the power on its gun-stick to the specific level that will kill a human being. Then they lower the power just a tiny bit further, so that the beam burns away the central nervous system from the outside in, meaning that every human being dies in agony. So it takes a full two to three seconds for a Dalek to exterminate one of us-and that's deliberate."

That's somewhere between horrifying and hilarious.
>>
A Dalek fleet on its own has no super weapons. You people are retarded to the point where you think every dalek has a built in time nuke or some shit. A fleet would just hide and try to build a super weapon before getting roflstomped by Eldrad because he saw it coming. Dalek ships are no match for 40k. Read OP's post.
>>
OP managed to find almost as much REEEEEE as a Goku vs Superman thread.

Well done.
>>
>>53362600
Coming to /tg/ and trying to pit 40k against anything at all is easy mode.
>>
>>53362449
>you just haven't read autistic fan wikis about all the cool stuff they've don that make them literally unbatable!
>This thread would be over on the spot if everyone bother to see just how much I'm always right and just stop disagreeing!

And others could post 40k wikis about all sorts of stupid stuff but it's not really an argument, it's just shitposting and going "ugh why can't you see I'm right, the answers are out there but you're not trying hard enough to agree with me!"
>>
>>53362534

Magic used to exist in Doctor Who. The Timelords got rid of it and made the universe follow more logical rules instead. This is stupid, but canon. They redacted the laws of physics itself, so magic no longer functions, rather than simply killing off everything that used magic.

The Daleks beat the Timelords in a fight, and were at an even level of technology during the Time War.

Its entirely possible, even internally consistent really, for the Daleks to be able to just make the entire magical metaphysics that allows the warp to function *no longer be the rules of the setting*.

I can't even imagine how Chaos is supposed to fight back against that.
>>
>>53362554
It does, though. "Daleks can defeat anything" is their whole point. They're the ultimate show of force and warfare in the show.
>>
>>53362564

One, you are assuming that the fleet doesn't bring its own superweapons with it anyway. Its kind of weird to assume that any given Dalek fleet wouldn't be packing SOMETHING. Thats like a deploying a bomber that's not carrying any bombs.

But hey, maybe they blew their load and wasted all of their good shit just before they came to 40k. They can build new superweapons in less time than it takes for most factions to send a fleet to stop them.
>>
>>53362632
>And others could post 40k wikis about all sorts of stupid stuff but it's not really an argument, it's just shitposting

Actually it's the only kind of an argument that matters: bringing facts on the table rather than just throwing shit based on what fanbase we belong to. THAT is shitposting.
>>
>>53362635
And none of that says that Daleks can win against magic or that 40k magic is the same exact type.

>Its entirely possible, even internally consistent really, for the Daleks to be able to just make the entire magical metaphysics that allows the warp to function *no longer be the rules of the setting*.

Because your raging fanboner tells you it must be so, there's no actual sources for it, you just assume it MUST be the case because the daleks are the coolest baddest guys ever and they can do anything and beat anyone because they just make you SO HARD!
>>
>>53362709
Do you have any evidence to say the 40k magic is somehow different from Doctor Who magic?

It's all basically just magic. If you can beat one type of it, you can beat all types of it.
>>
>>53362534
>And the only reason you assume that weapon would work to destroy the warp is your raging fan-boner.

And feats where they beat things that far eclipse the warp itself.

>>53362564
Dalek fleet on its own has no super weapons. >You people are retarded to the point where you think every dalek has a built in time nuke or some shit.

Every ship has missiles that can destroy planets at the very minimum.
>>
>>53362709

I can cite sources that list similar accomplishments. You can't cite sources saying they can't.

So I win. I have examples, and you have shitposting.
>>
>>53362666
Let's assume the Dalek have no superweapons (because Dalek fleets don't carry them as standard and this is just an average fleet. They still have Dalek warships though) they can't just make new ones in seconds. Show me the source of Daleks making superweapons within the span of even a few years.
>>
>>53362265
Dalek ships have never been shown to tank supernovas at point blank range, which is anything in the local system. They could try to time travel away or physically escape the blow, but the Necrons have a similar level of bullshit time travel (and future prediction), resilience, and applied physics weapons. The Necrons don't rely on time travel because they already have access to an atemporal hyperspace that everyone in the galaxy uses for atemporal movement and observation, and time travel is a total clustefuck when everyone does it at all times to some extent.

The daleks aren't used to the imperian, because the Timelords literally wrote it out of the timeline. The chaotic time of magic and gods that the Timelords standardized into linear, logical time was little different from the Time War, which was them turning time into a chaotic tangle with atemporal warfare. Both those atemporal realms are similar in nature and inhabitants to the Warp, which the Necrons can and intend to standardize into regular time with the Cadian Pylons. The Daleks spent their whole history in a universe with physics standardized by the Timelords, and had to fight with all their guile in the time war, when the Timelords ruptured those physics. The 40k galaxy is in a constant time-war against an atemporal power like the timelords, that being Chaos, and the Necrons hold their own.
>>
>>53362756
Bad Wolf and Parting of the Ways: Daleks spend two hundred years building themselves up from scratch, using just about nothing but trash and a bunch of human meat. The result is half a billion mutated madmen even by Dalek standards.

Mostly any Imperial world, with a small fleet of Dalek ships to start things with, would produce a good deal better results much faster.

Oh, and the above Daleks kept their whole business secret the whole time, so that's not unlikely to happen as well.
>>
>>53362677
Facts are useful in crafting an argument, but you need to actually make an argument and use specific facts that support it, not "uhg obviously I'm right, just go read these walls of text until you agree with me!"

You didn't actually make an argument, just said your opinion is right and posted a link to a bunch of fanwank random info.
An actual argument and properly used facts would be something like making a specific claim that Daleks are immune to all magical influence regardless of dimensional origin and then posting a link that has a source showing that.

What you're doing is shitposting, there's no answer for it except calling it what it is because anything else will just lead to you whining that OBVIOUSLY, people didn't read enough or the right things.

I want to assume you're just baiting but I know there are people out there that are this retarded.
>>
>>53362564
>Dalek ships are no match for 40k
You're so wrong it's not even funny.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doctor-who-feats-and-source-thread.298198/page-3#post-14524470

>FTL speeds:
In one episode an advanced Dalek ship flew between two galaxies in 3 seconds flat. Most ships can go from one end of a galaxy to the other in less than a day. No 40k race is close to this.

>Non FTL speeds
A one episode the Doctor asks if people have invented Tacyon Telescopes yet, to see if a Dalek ship is coming. He needs one, because standard Dalek battle-speed is a hair under the speed of light. Only the Necrons get anything near this, and hardly ever.

>Weapons
Non-time-war Dalek ships regularly blow up both planets and stars. They frequently fight with an ultimate scorched earth tactic: if they can't have a solar system, they destroy the sun and jump out. This is why the Doctor always likes boarding their ships: so they can't just blow up the sun to get rid of him.
>>
>>53362798
Fair enough, but on the opposite end of things, actually making arguments without citing sources has so far just gotten you to claim something about "fanboner".
>>
>>53362720
>It's all basically just magic.
>all magic in all settings works exactly the same way and HAS to have all the same rules and vulnerabilities across settings
Are you baiting or retarded?
>>
>>53362820
No, I'm just saying there's no laws or rules available because it's magic. Magic doesn't care for such things. So you can't really argue whether the Daleks can deal with the Warp as easily as they could deal with anything else, or whether they can't.

All I can say, though, is that they've done such a thing before.
>>
>>53362756
https://i.imgur.com/tktCpAx.mp4

Wouldn't need any. one of the absolute weakest versions of daleks have planet busting missiles as part of their standard ship v ship arsenal
>>
>>53362323
The Doctor is canonically a universe plot device. It is actually canon that the universe basically forces the Doctor to always to succeed because he is directly tied to its survival. It's also why he never dies, he can't die.

It's not wank. Doctor Who is the kind of setting where it's canon the main character is an untouchable borderline god who will always win and the enemies are da bestest things evah. Sure it's stupid, but it's officially stupid.
>>
>>53362709
>for the Daleks to be able to just make the entire magical metaphysics that allows the warp to function *no longer be the rules of the setting*.
But the Necrons already have the stated ability to do it, which is a good argument for why they surpass the Daleks. Also, the way the Timelords originally set up causality was by going through nonlinear time and figuring out the order of cause and effect, which by the rules of time travel made the experience binding. Until they did causality was much looser, and it still is for time travelers that don't follow their rules, which they purport to be the laws of time travel. When the Doctor breaks the rules he doesn't fail to time travel, the causality of events just isn't compatible with the norm set out by the Timelords.
>>
>>53362751
>I can cite sources that list similar accomplishments.
So you have your desperate wishful thinking, congratulations kid.

> You can't cite sources saying they can't.
>you can't prove that these fictional creatures CAN'T do whatever I claim they can
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise you're legitimately mentally retarded, I'll just let you have this "win", you should go tell your mom and see if she has a gold start for you.
>>
>>53362392
A small group of Daleks once made a bomb that nearly destroyed all life in the multiverse, and they were only stopped by the Doctor swooping it at the last moment.

At the zenith of both the Time Lord and Dalek empires, they were deleting entire universes and re-writing time, while both parties also made it so that they were literally immune to time travel, you couldn't go back in time to prevent them from being born/created.
>>
>>53362751
you don't have examples, you have non-equivalent accomplishments and a bit of fanfiction you're picturing in your mind.
>>
>>53362733
Under the Dalek superweapons page on the wiki I found your statement to be misleading. While the missiles that can destroy planets are common among Dalek forces they do not destroy planet through sheer force. They are bacteriological weapons, incapable of affecting void shielded craft or necrons.something that should be mentioned is the fact that the imperial daleks did indeed have planet busting weapons on the mothership but even if this 40k invasion fleet had them (it wouldn't) it would still not be suited for void combat. Powerful weapons like that are useless against close range craft and Dalek shielding will buckle from the force of weapons such as a nova or D-cannon
>>
>>53362783
Except the Necrons and Chaos Gods have never blown up galaxies or even universes, they consider detonating planets to be incredibly impressive. To both the Time Lords and Daleks, that's fucking child's play.
>>
>>53362872
>The Doctor is canonically a universe plot device. It is actually canon that the universe basically forces the Doctor to always to succeed because he is directly tied to its survival. It's also why he never dies, he can't die.
Welcome to popular main characters, kid.
>>
>>53362947
I mean yeah, any remotely popular comic book character is obviously never going to be killed, at least not permanently, but that rarely extends in-universe: the Doctor actually is so deeply ingrained to the universe that he basically can't die.

The only other character I can think of that has done something like that is Rincewind.
>>
>>53362947
The difference is that for most fictions that's not literal canon.

In this case it is literal canon.
>>
>>53362936
The Necrons can't blow up galaxies, but they can certainly delete them. Celestial Orrery
>>
>>53362917
SHUT UP Daleks are smarter and more technologically advanced than ANYTHING EVER.
WHY can't you just see that you're WRONG and AGREE you stupid little 40kiddie!!!
>>
>>53362936
>they consider detonating planets to be incredibly impressive
>I'm a shitposting retard who knows absoluetly nothing about 40k but am assuming whatever suits my dalek wanking
>>
>>53362974
Deadpool, girlpool, really any self-aware 4th wall breaking character and a lot of stuff has more subtle references to the idea.
>>
>>53362984
No, they can possibly destroy stars within one galaxy. However this has never actually been used so we have no idea of the time scale involved of "destroying" a star with it.

Plus there's the whole fact that it has never factored into necron warfare once and the necrons don't even have access to it because the Dynasty in control won't let anybody touch it.
>>
File: doctor who nightmare in silver.png (858KB, 895x506px) Image search: [Google]
doctor who nightmare in silver.png
858KB, 895x506px
One time, a human empire quite literally wiped out an entire galaxy with the push of a button.

This is considered about mid-level tech by Doctor Who standards.

Daleks are way worse.
>>
>>53362801
On ftl speeds, "FTL Speed:

The only concrete number is found in the audio Dalek Empire 1, as is a feat never replicated again. So, high end Daleks travel from the Seriphia Galaxy. Now, both a Time Lord and the Third Doctor, around the same time, said Gallifrey was 30,000ish lyrs from Earth. Well, it seems Gallifrey was moved at a later date, as the 8th Doctor stated (TV Movie) that it was about 250 million lyrs from Earth. The Seriphia galaxy neighbors Gallifrey's own galaxy. In Dalek Empire 1, the Daleks get from Seriphia to the Milky Way in 3 seconds. That's a high end speed of 83 million lyrs/s, really really fast.

However, the average seems to be comfortable travel time between their galaxy and Andromeda and the Milky Way. So closer to Star Wars travel times or weeks to get across a galaxy the size of the Milky Way." this is in the source that you gave me. Read the last part again because your source directly contradicts your point. Ship combat speeds I will concede that the daleks are faster but 40k weapons make speed irrelevant. Nova cannons travel just a hair under the speed of light too and D-cannons are not guns. They teleport matter out of existence.
>>
>>53353952
Wasn't it just Adelaide Brooks who killed herself, on Earth, so that time would remain the same? That man and woman survived to tell Earth what happened.
>>
>>53363000
Actually I'm a hardcore 40k fan who knows that the most remarkable thing a Chaos God has done besides shitting out a warp storm was blowing up a planet once or some Daemons rupturing a binary star system by possessing said stars. Both of which had exceptional circumstances however and are not replicable without summoning/a nearby warp storm. Blowing up planets is a big deal for every single faction in 40k, even Chaos. Exterminatus is rarely carried out and it is almost always the highest range of weapon firepower. That's where Dalek missiles start and they go up from there.

Are you some kind of Science Fiction illertrate moron who thinks 40K is remotely "impressive" as terms of scale compared to other settings?
>>
>>53363026
If you delete all the stars in a galaxy, it is destroyed.

Yes, but we all taking all feats into account here
>>
>>53355531
better at dying
>>
>>53363031
Irrelavent unless the daleks have been shown to have it. And if they did it would still be irrelavent because the daleks would kill themselves trying to use it. Also that made no sense, the galaxy must have exploded millions of years ago if the light were to reach his eyes right after he hit the button because the speed of light is limited.
>>
>>53363070
Blowing up planets is not impressive to the Necrons :^)
>>
>>53363026
>Plus there's the whole fact that it has never factored into necron warfare once and the necrons don't even have access to it because the Dynasty in control won't let anybody touch it.

>we REALLY should disregard and not consider those technologies because it's just too unclear and only a few people control it
>but it's totally reasonable and if anything likely to extrapolate that the Daleks have a big "magic on/off" button and would instantly kill chaos and do whatever else I feel they should
>>
>>53363070
Exterminatus is rarely carried out.
Kek
>>
>>53363113
>Also that made no sense

We're talking about both Doctor Who and Warhammer 40k here, anon. "Sense" left the house by second post.
>>
>>53363113
That's the same episode that had a hand grenade sized bomb be used to bust a planet.
>>
>>53363134
Exterminatus is used all the fucking time only in memes. In actual canon it's pretty rare.

Even then it doesn't actually blow up the planet - it just wipes out everything on the surface. Daleks can bust up the entire thing without exerting that much effort, and have been shown doing so many times.
>>
>>53362984
About 11 orders of magnitude from actually destroying or deleting a galaxy.
>>
>>53363143
Hand grenade sized? Come on. Suitcase more like. And can we stop talking about human tech and get back to Dalek shenanigans?
>>
How about no fleet, no superweapons, just a ground war with the various factions?

I think a lascannon could bust through Dalek armor, but even if that's wrong a gauss flayer certainly could.
>>
>>53363176
If all the stars are gone, the galaxy is gone! All that's left is a few black holes and some fucking gas! Even then, the Orrery might even be able to delete the black holes too
>>
>>53363179
>And can we stop talking about human tech and get back to Dalek shenanigans?

Nah, we seem about done with the Daleks: we're just sperging at this point.

Let's instead talk about how utterly a few of the new Cybermen could rape the whole grimdark galaxy.
>>
>>53363113
The daleks built a bomb that was capable of destroying the multiverse.

That's a canon thing that appears in the television series.
>>
>>53363156
Kryptman would like a word with you. And only the Dalek mothership of the imperial Dalek fleet has been shown to have weapons that can completely destroy a planet. In 40k this can be accomplished by any ship with a nova cannon, a gun with the blast radius of a planet.
>>
>>53363129
>but it's totally reasonable and if anything likely to extrapolate that the Daleks have a big "magic on/off" button and would instantly kill chaos and do whatever else I feel they should
They build these weapons all the fucking time. You could even say they're seasonal.
>>
>>53363209
The whole reality bomb thing has been brought up a lot in this thread, but one important detail has been forgotten: Davros was in on it.

Is Davros present on our hypothetical little fleet?
>>
>>53363045
>However, the average seems to be comfortable travel time between their galaxy and Andromeda and the Milky Way. So closer to Star Wars travel times or weeks to get across a galaxy the size of the Milky Way.
I wouldn't say that years of travel time is "comfortable".
>>
>>53363184
An anon earlier in the thread mentioned they have forcefields around their battlesuits; what sort of invulnerable save are they packing?
>>
>>53363209
Read op's post. I don't remember him mentioning the daleks brought a reality bomb with them. We won't get anything done unless OP specifies what weapons the daleks actually have on hand.
>>
>>53363226
Gauss auto wounds on 6, invuln be damned.

Buuut, I'd say a 3+
>>
>>53363195
...are you genuinely an idiot or just trolling? I can't tell. Being able to destroy a single star is in no way comparable to being able to destroy an entire galaxy. That's like saying that because you can use a campfire to make glass beads out of sand, you can turn an entire planet into glass.
>>
>>53363220
I did not say it, that was a source given to me by the other guy.
>>
>>53363237
Even disregarding the specifics of the bomb itself, a basic component of it involved towing entire planets across the universe. Buncha Daleks could sure manage that much at least.
>>
>>53363184
A time war dalek fell from orbit and was collected by a rich fuck who tried (and failed) for several years to break through the dalek's armour shell.

Daleks still curbstomp.
>>
>>53363259
You can delete stars at will with the orrery. Just do it enough times
>>
>>53363269
Uhh, sure. You now can tow planets. I'm not really impressed though. I mean you could smash a planet into another planet but a nova cannon could accomplish the same thing. And to be fair the towing of planets looked like it was being done by the bomb itself, not normal Dalek ships.
>>
>>53363286
Gauss flayers man. Just strip the armor away.
>>
>>53363308
>you can make glass beads with campfire. Just do it enough times
>>
https://youtu.be/gEj3nuBOxZg

Space Marines pick them up and throw them out the airlock.
>>
>>53363286
Wow, weakest argument ever "some rich prick can't kill a Dalek so they must be invincible!"
>>
>>53363330
I don' think you understand the fucking Orrery. You brush against the stars in it, they die. Just go for a walk.
>>
>whovians ignoring the time daleks were stopped by WWII planes equipped with lasguns.

https://youtu.be/HirwnpeugNM
>>
>>53363320
I'm not really familiar with necrons (or doctor who, for that matter), but aren't Gauss weapons basically molecular deconstruction guns? Is Dalke armor specifically resistant to this sort of thing?

Another possibly-effective weapon that springs to mind are Sicarian transonic blades; unless they're specifically resistant to them, the first swing that gets past its defensive screens will attune the blade to the resonant frequency of whatever it's constructed of, allowing the next hit to cleave right through it.
>>
>>53363339
Rich pricks can do anything. They've got the money for it.

Capitalism, man.
>>
>>53363363
I don't think you understand the scale of a galaxy. Assuming you can destroy one star per day, it would take approximately a billion years to destroy an entire galaxy.
>>
>>53363401
I get what you are saying, but that's probably the worst video for it.
>>
>>53363414
>one per day
You can destroy as many as you want in as little time as you want
>>
>>53363431
Hyperphase swords would work as well. Seeing as they just sort of...teleport past the armor.
>>
This thread is reaching weaponized levels of concentrated autism. Tread lightly.
>>
>>53363501
We're way past that, anon.
>>
>>53363586
That's very true.

Fucking 40kids and dumblrina whovians all in one place having a screeching match?

This thread is an autism supernova.
>>
>>53363586
I think the weaponized autism in this thread could wipe out both 40k and the Daleks.
>>
In fairness, it's not so bad since the one or two dedicated shitposters left. It's like we plunged so deep into autistic screeching we came out the other side.

The most reasonable setup so far would seem to be Daleks versus Necrons or 30k Mechanicum in a planetary battle, since there's too much janky bullshit to account for in space.
>>
>>53363664
I can top that with 7 words anon.

What if we throw in Star Wars?
>>
>>53363734
I don't know, I'm pretty sure Star Wars would be wrecked by either side.
>>
>>53363745
But imagine if SW fans' autism was thrown into this thread.
>>
>>53363401

To be fair, that ship was a Time War escape ship and was heavily damaged. It was, by Dalek standards, basically defenseless.
>>
>>53363822
If you want real autism, throw in Halo.
>>
>>53363872
Nah man. Federation (all timelines) and The Culture.

Maybe Dune as well.
>>
>>53363889

Man. The Culture is about the same level of autistic wankery as Eclipse Phase.
>>
>>53364022
We might as well get the EP fags in here too while we're at it.
>>
>>53363210
Kryptman is one inquisitor and was branded an extremist by his fellow inquisitors.
>>
>>53363435
Try destroying on star with a gesture, with a sweep of an arm, most of a spiral arm is wiped out. it would take maybe an hour to end the galaxy.
>>
File: necrons.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
necrons.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
>>53363070
The Necrons literally killed gods so that they could use them as an energy source. The Necrons are so far ahead of the rest of 40K that they could probably stand up to most things in other sci-fi universes.
>>
>>53364272
Except Space Marines kill entire planets of them just using chainswords and bolt pistols. Shit the Deathwatch recently killed a C'tan shard by just shooting it to death with lascannons.
>>
>>53366534
Las cannons are fucking powerful. It's not shameful to be killed by them. And c'tan chards are not even that good. It's not impressive to kill one.
>>
>>53363728
Daleks Vs Mech ground battle would just be the world's largest REEEEEing as both of them attempt to utterly destroy the other faction for being un-right while simultaneously trying to yoinks the other dude's tech without looking too hypocritical, assuming the trashcans brought a boss along and they're not fighting the Ordo Reductor. Would be a pretty interesting battle, although if the daleks persist on not vaporising people at maximum speed to inflict pain they're vulnerable to Mechanicum tactic #1: throw literally billions of expendable workers at them while we line up the Titans.
>>
>>53363212
so the Daleks just get to invent literal plot devices as a granted power, because its a reasonable extrapolation from their thematic role even though, but the same doesn't go for anything in warhammer
>>
>>53363226
Impervious to projectiles, useless against beams.
>>
>>53368350
What Warhammer faction builds new planet busting super weapons in the short time frame Daleks do consistently?
>>
>>53363204
If the W40k afterlife is a nethersphere the cybermen will instantly bugger them all.
>>
>>53368438
If by "build" you include pulling them out of a vault somewhere, reverse-engineering from your enemies and then upgrading or honestly coming up with in about a 1:1:1 split, then the Mechanicum/Mechanicus has about the same number.
Their response to a very minor xenos species being a pain was to hand the guys who get given their cast-off scraps a bomb that ignites nebulas and fuses them with nearby warpstorms to create a sector-wide wall of literal hellfire.

The Akashic Reader would have given them all knowledge, everywhere, from every time at once straight up if they ever got it working, which while a lot less impressive is probably a sight more useful than a multiverse-destroying bomb which the daleks also did not get working.
>>
>>53354009
which season of doctor who should i start with ?
>>
>>53362277
>makes ad hominen
The tumblr is you
>>
>>53353565
Niggers need to get over the fact that their fandom wank over their shitty-show is abhorred by a shitload of people.

Why the fuck do people watch this garbage.
>>
>>53353603
A tank looks cool these but things are less intimidating than a gretchin. They're glorified trashcan salt and pepper shakers that get their ass kicked by some time traveling alien in a police box.
>>
>>53360572
>Obviously, they team up with doctor who
But the Doctor is a filthy xeno
>>
>>53368597
Start with the first season of the new series, the one with Eccelston.
>>
>>53368438
All of them except the Tau can pull new extratemporal bullshit rays they'd forgotten in past eons from stockpiles they keep close at hand in case plot happens.
>>
>>53368597
>which season of doctor who should i start with ?
There's literally no good answer to this. You could start at the beginning of New Who, but honestly, the writing wasn't that good to start out with, and if you could be turned off if you don't find the show endearing.

The Eleventh Hour (the beginning of season 5, and the introduction of the 11th Doctor) is actually a pretty good place to start. It's a bit on the comedic side of things, but it's a good episode and does a good job of bringing you into things. But while the season that follows is good, A) it hearkens back to things that have happened before, and B) after the season is over, the show begins a long downhill slide, getting too wrapped up in its own preciousness and self-wanking. Concern A) can mostly be solved by going back and watching Blink and Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead before continuing on with the rest of season 5, but then you're cherry-picking some of the best earlier episodes, which may make the earlier stuff more difficult to watch later on. (I suppose you could just watch The Eleventh Hour to show you what the show becomes, then start at the beginning of New Who and muddle through the rocky start.)
>>
>>53354447
Calm down legbeard the bbc isn't going to take away your wheelie-bin plunger fanwank.
>>
>>53370316
And then there's Classic Who, which, like old school D&D stuff, may feel too dated for some folks today (though I quite like it... at least until it started getting bad at the end). Starting at the beginning of that, in 1963, isn't probably what you want to do unless you're a die hard enthusiast. I mean, I like it, but it's going to seem really dated to many modern views. So you could start later on, when the show really comes into its own.

Plot-wise, the 3rd Doctor's (Pertwee's) era provides you with a good place to jump in, because it makes a relatively clean break with the earlier stuff, and it's at that point that the show is available entirely in color. But the beginning of the 3rd Doctor's era can be dreadfully drawn out (with a number of 6-7 episode stories where 4-5 would probably have done fine) and a bit boring, in my opinion. Plus, he's stuck on Earth, and how lame is that?

I would say that the golden age of Doctor Who begins partway into the 3rd Doctor's reign, but it's not a clean, clear point, and you'd be jumping into the middle of stuff anyway. I mean, you'll pick up on shit fine, but it still detracts from it as an ideal starting point.

So why not start out with the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker? He's the iconic Doctor and is really good. Well, at the beginning, he's still in the middle of the setup inherited from the 3rd Doctor. Again, you can follow the show fine, but it still detracts from it as a starting point. So you could skip partway in, at either The Deadly Assassin (if you want to jump into a bunch of Gallifreyan / Time Lord shit right off the bat), or The Face of Evil (if you'd rather keep things simple), when the Doctor starts off companionless, providing a relatively clean break. The problem? Well, after the 4th Doctor, the show starts to decline, so you're eventually going to hit a point of diminishing returns and then have to skip backwards.
>>
>>53361979
But would they keep their reliable time travel once they arrived, or would the nature of the universe fuck it up for them?

This is like the quick silver vs flash arguments. Flash is more powerful in the DC universe (though if left alone there to acclimatize, Quicksilver could hypothetically also learn how to handle the speed force). However, Quicksilver has a host of powers that let him do what he does and survive with no speed force. Barry Allen in the marvel universe however, is either a regular guy, or an ineffectual speedster who turns into inanimate pink mist the first time he attempts to use his powers.

Whether the Daleks reliable time travel remains reliable is up for debate, because the nature of the two universes is so different.
>>
>>53362502
That is indeed some high grade autism.
>>
File: DAZEaYeVoAEcOXk.jpg (23KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
DAZEaYeVoAEcOXk.jpg
23KB, 550x310px
If I wanted to get into Doctor Who today, knowing nothing about the setting, which one would you recommend me to watch?
>>
>>53371157
Scroll up a little and read >>53370316 and >>53370475
>>
>>53371160
woops thanks
>>
>>53371157
Pock a season that looks interesting. Google "top 10 dr who episodes season X". Watch those episodes in chronological order.

Almost every season has some gems, but also plenty of filler. Lukily, 90% of Who episodes are standalone stories.
>>
Daleks
>our hyper-powerful wheelie bins are too powerful again
>let's give them a new standard of hyper-power that exists solely as an increment on the infinite power curve

WH40K;
>our mediocrity of infinite stagnancy just ended because someone decided to blow up the planet wall
>well, fuck, time to gradually bring back what made the place powerful again

Daleks would win in the meta because WH40K, no matter how you argue it, is a work reliant on revival, not increase, first and foremost.

That's a very crude way of putting it but when the fucking carpet-incapable are outskilling legions that operate by the power of gods, grayskull and the literal spirit of evil, I just blame the writers and be done with it.
>>
>>53371157
Start at Eccleston, finish at Tennant.
Dalek is unironically the best Dalek episode.
>>
File: sigh.png (19KB, 238x268px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
19KB, 238x268px
>>53363056
You are correct, it was only the one character who killed herself, but the effect is still completely zero sum.

No matter how much the Doctor wishes otherwise, he can't fundamentally alter history. The timestream will just reorient itself around its fixed points again and any changes otherwise are ultimately cosmetic. This is even reflected in the newspaper clippings seen in the same episode where the changes only amount of five or six lines per page.
>>
>>53371660
Most of the time Doctor Who gets around this by the TARDIS just taking him to a new place and giving him some new problem to solve. Sometimes he manages to do a lot of good shit - for instance, in one of the latest episodes he basically ended capitalism.

The whole issue of fixed points in history, where he is more or less stuck to just following shit as it goes, are rare and usually a big deal.

In this case, the question would be whether 40k as a whole is such a fixed point. Can the Daleks actually do anything in it, or is it all destined to solve itself in some other way in the future? We can't tell.
>>
>>53371684
>In this case, the question would be whether 40k as a whole is such a fixed point.
If an event as locally isolated (relatively speaking) as the eruption of Pompeii is a fixed point in universal history, there are probably a lot of fixed points all around the Imperium.
>>
>>53371739
The Heresy and Cadia's cracking look like fixed points to me.
>>
>>53371739
We can say with reasonable certainty that anything put to the books - Fall of the Eldar, Horus Heresy, wars of Armageddon, anything - are fixed points or closed to it. Anything in the present is more likely than not to be in flux.
>>
>>53371684
>Sometimes he manages to do a lot of good shit - for instance, in one of the latest episodes he basically ended capitalism.

That's a good thing?
>>
>>53371793
It took place far to the future, and was presented as a good thing within context, so we can probably safely assume that the circumstances of the time have provided a better alternative for people to go to.
>>
>>53371766
>Anything in the present is more likely than not to be in flux.
No.

In Doctor Who, the only 'present' is wherever the Doctor happens to be at the time. Past and Future are completely arbitrary in this context. This dictates that there are fixed points in all of time, past, present, and future, and that the Doctor is unable to modify them.

It's important to know that the Doctor is essentially a tourist. The hijinks he gets up to are ultimately historically and universally irrelevant beyond the handful of people immediately affected by his actions.
>>
>>53371793
Capitalism is anti-free market.
>>
>>53371819
>The hijinks he gets up to are ultimately historically and universally irrelevant beyond the handful of people immediately affected by his actions.
He's gotten involved in quite a lot of shit on a far wider scope than that, up to and including a quarter of the entire universe being wiped out.
>>
Wow, this thread reminds me why I stopped watching Dr Who. That and all the forced diversity.
>>
>>53371918
Did the bad black woman trigger you, honey?
>>
>>53371793
Considering in that episode people were killed because they weren't found efficient enough by some algorithm at head office, yes.
Do note he says that mankind goes on to make new mistakes.
>>
>>53371819

The Angels Take Manhatten episode sort of implies that there is exactly one criteria for what is, and is not, a fixed point in time for the doctor: whether the Doctor himself knows what happened already.

The Doctor cannot fuck with events he has personally experienced or knows the outcome of. This is why he and River are so adamant about avoiding "spoilers" about tgeir own futures.

This is ALSO why the doctor is always so surprised when he goes someplace and finds alien invasions or vampires or whatever. He never researches the places he travels to, because doing so would prevent him from impacting the outcome of any bad situation he finds.
>>
>>53371766
>>53371739
The problem is that fixed points in time are just that, points in time, and not necessarily long-reaching. Take Waters of Mars for example, the Captain dying is a fixed point in time, not the other crew members.
>>
>>53372030
Except for the episodes where he travels some place and discovers something is wrong or the times where the stories overlap prior stories.
>>
>>53372030
I like to take this as a general rule of time travel anywhere: the only true "fixed point" is the minds and the memories of the time travelers, and so long as you don't fuck with those, you should be fine.
>>
>>53358504

>Omniscient is not the same as being able to see the future.

u wot m8?

>I don't see anything he's done as idiotic

"Hey Dad? Your first son, Horus, is going to join Chaos and fuck up your shit."
"HOLY FUCK MAGNUS NOBODY LIKES A TATTLE-TALE AND I TOLD YOU NOT TO USE THIS NUMBER! THAT'S IT, YOU'RE GROUNDED!"
"hey dad. *stab stab*"
"OH NO, I AM NOW ON THE GOLDEN THRONE."
>>
>>53354009
40K might have trouble with it, but based on that description I'm pretty sure Arthur Dent could win the time war by eating a ham sandwich or something.
>>
>>53372287
Yeah but I'm not convinced even 40k could deal with Arthur Dent. He can fly and make really good sandwiches.

And if you try Exterminatus he'll just hitch a ride on one of your own ships.
>>
the daleks would just get stuck fighting in the eternal forever war that is the 40k universe and would be caught in a stalemate with everyone else forever. This is generally what happens when they go to war with someone just as war happy as them, and everyone in 40k loves war like its sex or something. That or the daleks will escalate the conflict until the entire galaxy and everything in it gets wrecked, daleks included.
>>
>>53372741
The problem is that if every single living thing in the universe is dead but the Daleks lived one second longer before dying, the Daleks would consider that a win.
>>
>>53372741

I dunno. Given how many galaxies the Daleks have already exterminated, it feels like letting 40k stalemate them "just because" is sort of artificially propping up 40k.
>>
>>53372924
Maybe, but consider also that the tyranids have eaten up several apparently with little difficulty, and that at least one other galaxy is filled up with orks, yet in this setting both end up playing the second fiddle to Chaos.
>>
>>53354287
I don't know shit about Doctor Who but
It's obviously a joke
And
It's entirely possible to be incredibly powerful and thwarted by relatively smalltime bullshit. Like, the biggest religions in the world rely on that kind of thing happening.

For example, it doesn't matter how good you are at exploding planets if you can't leave the planet you're on. But that doesn't mean you can't fuck up other planets who get in your way. It just changes the nature of the conflict.

That said, I'm never ever going to watch that shit because it does sound dumb.
>>
File: IMG_7452.jpg (119KB, 748x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7452.jpg
119KB, 748x633px
>>53371974

Just the historically inaccurate ones, sweetie.
>>
File: MyDiagnosis.jpg (20KB, 410x269px) Image search: [Google]
MyDiagnosis.jpg
20KB, 410x269px
>>53373838
>giving a shit about the historical accuracy of Dr Who
>>
>>53371684
How does that even make sense
>There are fixed points in history
>But Daleks are a threat
If there are fixed points doesn't that mean the dalek are beholden to it as well and literally can't just exterminate everything non-dalek?
>>
>>53374059
>If there are fixed points doesn't that mean the dalek are beholden to it as well and literally can't just exterminate everything non-dalek?

In theory yes, but in practice the fixed points are pretty rare. It's kind of like saying you can't set the entire forest on fire because one twig in one of the trees was actually made out of stee or some shit. But the rest of the forest can burn.
>>
>>53374137
Even if fixed points are rare across infinite of time they would be everywhere.
For example, if Earth has a fixed point that means NOTHING can alter earth, or alter anything that would have a consequence of altering earth because otherwise that fixed point wouldn't happen.

Fuck nope not thinking about this anymore time travel doesn't make sense.
>>
>>53362872
"It's not fanwank, it's a setting about fanwank."

That's what you sound like.
>>
>>53374250
WH40k isn't much better.
>>
>>53374280
Fair enough. At least none of the characters really matter in that setting and it's more about your dudes.
>>
>>53374311
It is, after all, a war game with a broad focus across the entire galaxy, rather than a television show about the adventures of this one guy.

It'd be a lot different if it instead were a television show, thirty years running, starring Inquisitor Eisenhorn jumping all around the galaxy in a quest to protect the Imperium from its many enemies.

I'd watch the hell out of that show.
>>
Man I really hope there won't be anymore preachy episodes in the future. The last episode I watched with Carpaldi's new shit there were black people running all over victorian england like it was nothing. Then his reply to the companion was just "History is white washed". Then the whole human progress is measured in "love not industry" really annoyed the fuck out of me.

I think Daleks would be just champions of khorne for their need to exterminate to keep it somewhat topical.
>>
>>53374059

Fixed points are local to specific timelines. Timelines branch.

Lets say JFKs death is a fixed point in time. Nothing you try to do to avert his death will work, because its fixed.

But if you go back in time and vaporize the planet during the age of the dinosaurs, that works. You are technically preventing the death of JFK, but its so far back in the branching timelines that JFKs fixed point status cant reach you.
>>
>>53363337
NuDaleks are incredibly more powerful than OldDaleks... and proportionally lamer.
>>
>>53354768
You're being an autism
>>53362437
Lethal dose of nuetrinos
>>
>>53362437
>>53376166
https://what-if.xkcd.com/73/
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (85KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
85KB, 800x450px
>>53353062
They detonate the Reality Bomb. The Daleks do NOT fuck around
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (47KB, 398x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
47KB, 398x400px
>>53368694
>Niggers need to get over the fact that their fandom wank over their shitty-show is abhorred by a shitload of people.

And 40k kiddies need to get over the fact that their fandom wank over their shitty grimdark wankfest is abhorred by more people than can be accurately calculated. I still wonder why people enjoy the cancer of this setting.
>>
>>53368694
>>53376875
A perfect sum-up of the thread, now as we're about to fall to oblivion.
>>
>>53353545
No one in 40k gives a fuck about an SJW who is a piss poor Vulcan.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.