[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning on making a superhero campaign where the PCs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: MaybeMoanaToo.png (4MB, 2882x1371px) Image search: [Google]
MaybeMoanaToo.png
4MB, 2882x1371px
I'm planning on making a superhero campaign where the PCs are some kind of slightly gritty and superpowered version of a Disney Princess (Oficial Disney Princesses only) and the story goes along in basically the lines of Watchmen, with Kida as the Dr. Manhattan of the setting and maybe Giselle from Enchanted being Ozymandias, but I'm not sure how to deal with worldbuilding.

My initial idea was that they simply exist in a more fantasy-like version of the actual world where all Disney stories coexist, but it leads to some weird situations like "what do I do with the seafolk?" or "how come there are so many countries with absolutely different technologic levels?" and many other things like how common should magic users be, etc

Any ideas?
>>
>>53352719
If you're ok going a bit higher fantasy with it you could always have a situation where different parts of the world/history are being dragged together for some reason.

If not then just do some fiddling with the backgrounds so that they're each from somewhere analogous to their historical setting but a bit more consistent with each other.
>>
>>53353440
>you could always have a situation where different parts of the world/history are being dragged together for some reason
You mean things like ancient China happening at the same time than the colonization?
Because that'd be hard to pull off to me.
>>
>>53352719
I'm not sure if that's genius, nonsensical or just completely crazy. Maybe all three at the same time. Where the hell do you find players for games like that?

As for the question, check Disney Villains Victorious for inspiration. They also kind of solved the problem of merging all movie worlds into a single one there, despite their tchnological differences.
>>
>>53352719
Belle is the beast.

She is a werewolf with a double personality in love with herself
>>
>>53353569
I mean, in the real world the colonization of America took place at the same time China was in the middle of the Ming Dynasty (pic related) so those two co-existing aren't that odd
>>
>>53353642
That's the first idea I got, but feels a bit too overdone in media, so I'll simply say that she spent so much time in the Beast's library reading shit that she basically knows everything there is to know about everything.

Keep giving ideas, though.

>>53353633
Thanks, I'll check on that

>>53353646
Yeah, bad example on my part, but you know what I mean.
>>
File: MichaelAtlinPrincess_rev4.pdf (164KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
MichaelAtlinPrincess_rev4.pdf
164KB, 1x1px
>>53352719
How about this?
>>
>>53353687
To be highest, the werewolf thing seems less contrived.
>>
>>53353687
The Beast's curse descends into their children, which Belle will not have, so she begins to travel the world seeking great mystics and libraries of magical knowledge, looking for a spell to reverse the curse.

As for the merfolk, King Triton develops a spell to let him walk on the land. Eventually he works it into magic items that can be removed/switched off to do the change, which becomes commonplace.
>>
>>53353633
>Where the hell do you find players for games like that?

This.
>>
Please see the ABC show Once Upon A Time.
>>
>>53353633
>>53359894
>Because my player group is incapable of playing broad variety of games, that means all groups face the same problem
>>
>>53352719
Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>53356408
>The Beast's curse descends into their children,
Well maybe they shouldn't have raised shitty children. Did they not learn the lesson here??
>>
File: Pyrrha RT.png (281KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrrha RT.png
281KB, 1600x1000px
>>53352719
What system are you using?

/tg/ has already done a gritty disney setting in the "Disney Villains Victorious" homebrew (check 1d4chan)

Heck, you might look up the original grimms fairy tales, they were pretty dark.
>>
>>53367698
I was planning on using Wild Talents.
I'm not really that much into making the world itself gritty, just make the Princesses gritty-ish.

Like, say, Snowwhite becomes paranoid with the idea of people poisoning her so she gets subjected to a series of experiments that'll make her immune to all kinds of poison.

>>53360003
Saw it, but the characters couldn't really get fit into a superhero-kind of story. Except for maybe Red Ridding Hood and Mulan.
And I am so stealing that version of Mulan, mind you.
>>
The answer for making the setting work is simple. TIME SHENANIGANS.

Also why is it that I get the feeling that Jasmine would basically be Batman?
>>
>>53352719
What are your ideas for each princess's powers/abilities?

I can see Cinderella as like a Mary Marvel type magical girl with the Fairy Godmother the one who grants her strength
>>
>>53371549
Maybe Sleeping Beauty has some kind of dream powers?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.