[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently a hobby store I follow just sent an e-mail sho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: aosskimirsh.png (866KB, 537x760px) Image search: [Google]
aosskimirsh.png
866KB, 537x760px
So apparently a hobby store I follow just sent an e-mail showcasing the price and the cover for that Age of Sigmar Skirmish game I seen posted around here.

It's going to be released 6 days and a couple hours from now, here's the description:

"Age Of Sigmar: Skirmish is an additional set of rules to be used with the main Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules. It contains guides on how to assemble and collect a Warband for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Skirmish matches.
Each Warband is customisable with their own weapons and artefacts, which opens up plenty of opportunity for unique conversions and modelling opportunities. there are a few changes to the core rules that make a huge difference, including a campaign system that develops your Warband across a series of games.
You will need a copy of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar core rules to use this book."

Sounds like Mordheim to me.
For the actual website: http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/43541-age-of-sigmar-skirmish-english
>>
It's even set in a ruined city where bands of adventurers and mercenaries hunt for riches.

It's fucking Mordheim lads
>>
>>53340206
It won't be as good as Mordheim of course, because it is age of Shitmar, but at least it is a move in the right direction, potentially.
>>
>>53340235
Hey if it's a Shadow War clone it means we are getting rules for a bunch of different factions which is cool.
>>
>>53340173
so instead of playing cool mercenarys with their own vulnerabilitys and fluff i got to play khorne marines, gold marines and dinos.

Why gw ruins all good things.
>>
>>53340271
yes but Shadow war was almost a point for point remake, they just said that "age of sigmar is a additional set of rules" and you even need "the core rules (the shit ones) to use this book" I was praying it was just going to be mordhime, but nope
>>
>>53340311
Do they mean the general's rulebook or the 4 page rulebook?
If it's the latter, this could mean they just want you to know basic characteristic shit while being a full on remake of Mordheim with different factions.
>>
>>53340352
well ya, but Age of sigmar did a way with so much I hardly see it working with old GW games. like the mordheim rules.
>>
What a load of shit.

Go back and try again Gays Workshop.
>>
>>53340479
0/10
pathetic ass bait
see me after class
>>
>>53340173
This has nothing to do with mordhaim - it cannot be because mordhaim would just not have model base as SoA has. SoA with the new 8edition is the new hotness and is the jesus christ of GW gaming -
>>
>>53340533

How was that bait in anyway.

For it to be bait the comment would have to be false which it isn't because this is a lazy piece of shit and I can't see many people caring about it.
>>
I'm cautiously interested but it's still a week away.
>>
pdf when
>>
Why does everyone assume it's mordheim? It isn't. It's AoS kill-team. It's just supplemental rules. It's still cool but it's not mordheim.

The rulebook is only $10, and it requires the existing core rules with the current warscrolls to play. Does that sound like it's going to be mordheim to you?

I'm expecting the bitching to come in full force when idiots get their copy next week and open it up expecting mordheim 2.0, then cry on the internet about it.

GW never said it was, there was never any indication it was, there should have been no assumption it was.
>>
>>53340745
It's going to be a carbon copy of Shadow War isn't it?
Like this isn't going to be Mordheim... But Necromunda with some coat of paints and adapted rules from the kill teams from Shadow War.
I can smell the laziness.
>>
>>53341069
That's still better than playing AoS
>>
>>53340206
No, it isn't. In the same way (and to a greater extent because it doesn't use mordheims rules) that Shadow War: Armageddon is not necromunda.
>>
>>53341069
It uses age of sigmar rules. How the fuck is it going to be a carbon copy of shadow war?
>>
So this just went online (alongside a model range)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Age-of-Sigmar-Skirmish-ENG-2017

More info about the game here.
>>
File: 322px-Alith_Anar_Sombrío.jpg (20KB, 322x480px) Image search: [Google]
322px-Alith_Anar_Sombrío.jpg
20KB, 322x480px
>>53340206
>It's fucking Mordheim
nothing wrong with that!
>>
>>53341701
Except it isn't. See >>53340745
>>
Apparently there is no stat progression. It's very disappointing to hear.
>>
>>53340173
It's warhammer fantasy warbands. Not mordheim. Mordheim is in theory scheduled for christmass or early 2018.
>>
>>53340272
Or you can play with cool mercenaries, vampires or filthy murder rats!
Also, dinos were already on mordheim,
>>
>>53340235
Man, your butthurt is still this epic? Like some fag said a while above, this is more akin to the old WHFB warbands or 40k's KT.
>>
>>53341211
>>53340745
Granted, but they're still including progression rules, so I'm not complaining. We're getting a narrative skirmish game with campaign rules for cheap and I'm happy with that.
>>
Wait, so are we mad that it's Mordheim, or are we mad that it's not Mordheim, or are we mad that it's Sigmar, or are we mad that it's GW, or what?
I NEED TO KNOW
>>
>>53342573
Its not mordheim. But Im not mad.

In a week you are going to see a lot of idiots screaming that its not mordheim.
>>
>>53342573
>we mad that it's Sigmar, or are we mad that it's GW, or what?

These two

/tg/ is still infested with salty grognards mad about AoS and it's success.

>it's not Mordheim

Fucking Great

If i wanted MORDHEIM i'd play fucking Mordheim.

People here really wanted GW to sell them Mordheim again, but with round bases and Sigmarites? seriously? this is a new level of gw chode-sucking if so
>>
>>53342699

pepperidge farm remembers

-.-
>>
>>53342699
>People here really wanted GW to sell them Mordheim again, but with round bases and Sigmarites? seriously?
I would have thought that would be fucking great. Do to mordheim like they did to necromunda. I would be all for that. However I had no dilusions this was that since the beginning.

I do want them to rerelease mordheim, in the mortal realms, at some point though.
>>
>>53340235
Age of Sigmar is better than WHFB
>>
>>53345141
WHFB isn't that good, but it's better than, double turns and "my model is too high for you to hit"
>>
>>53345203
Nice memes.
>>
File: AOS-FAQ.png (30KB, 342x155px) Image search: [Google]
AOS-FAQ.png
30KB, 342x155px
>>53345975
>memes
>>
Thread is full of retards who couldn't spend 2 seconds in google to find out it's literally AoS, but you field individual models except units, and that's about it.
>>
>>53343517
But why? Frostgrave does all Mordheim did, even better in some areas. There's literally no point.
>>
Seeing as how Shadow war: Armageddon came out after that kill team box set sold well. You think GW will expand on this and release a game closer to Mordheim if this sells well?
>>
Campaigns confirmed for 2 players, 6 mission played in order, no individual model progression other than some random stuff on generals.

Mordheim fags btfo.
>>
File: aos-regiments-of-renown.pdf (819KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
aos-regiments-of-renown.pdf
819KB, 1x1px
>ctrl-f "hinterlands"
>0 results
>ctrl-f "regiments of renown"
>0 results

C'mon guys. This sort of thing has precedent.

I heard they hired the guy who made Hinterlands to work on this thing, too.

>>53346976
Bingo.
>>
>>53350346
Shit, by "this thing" I meant Skirmish, not RoR. Sorry if I was unclear.
>>
Hobbies already have it, there's yt videos giving details already.
>>
>>53341069
>It's going to be a carbon copy of Shadow War isn't it?

i like this idea, but the SWAG rule book costs $40... this thing is only $10, so, its only 1/4 as good as SWAG
>>
I wonder how they'll handle units like dommfire warlocks where everyone is a wizard?
>>
>>53350346
Nope, he ain't related. But my guess is that he'll be for MK II.
>>
>>53341211
Shadow war is closer to necromunda than this is to mordheim.
>>
>>53350346
He was on Warhammer live the other day.
>>
>>53345203
>Flying model too high
>Now it can't attack
>It can't hold objectives.
>>
>>53354365
Pissy and bitching cause their imaginary men can't punch airplanes.
>>
Wait... you need the main rules with this? You didn't need that for Shadowwar:Armageddon. Different game, but... why? Aren't the AoS rules like 4 pages long? Or do they mean the generals handbook?
>>
>>53355112
You technically only need the free 4 page rules for this.

This is not an equivalent to sw:a. It's more like kill-team, where it uses the core rules and original unit profiles. Just all models act individually and there are some other situations too
>>
Are corsairs in Skirmish? What about cavalry and chariots?
>>
>>53356309
dont know yet
>>
>>53340173
Wai, wasn't AoS itself skirmish?
>>
>>53358523
'skirmish' is relative.

Some define skirmish as anything but models that move in rank and file. Some define skirmish only as models that act individually. Some define skirmish as any game under 100 models.

So there is no real definition to skirmish. I always saw skirmish as anything under 30 models, and anything above that being a mass battle game. But this is moot because in AoS, a beastclaw raiders 2000 point army is definitely under 30 models.

So compared to AoS core game, AoS skirmish is definitely a skirmish, but compared to most historical wargames, AoS proper is a skirmish game.
>>
>>53358670
I'd say in modern gaming, a skirmish game is stuff like Malifaux, Infinity, Dark Age etc.-10-20 models per side tops, and acting individually almost all the time. AoS is a unit-based game where most forces will have 40-60 models per side at the "standard" point level. It's a company level game, like Flames of war.
>>
>>53340387

Houserule it. I know my friends and I are going to. Best part of Mordheim is derp diving off a 3 story building, fucking up halfway down and breaking your dudes neck from it causing a rout. Once I see what this all contains we're gonna try adding more of the fun Mordheim stuff on the side for sure.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.