[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you have reacted if the Primaris nuMarines could be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 26

File: I bet he has golden cummies.png (193KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
I bet he has golden cummies.png
193KB, 320x350px
How would you have reacted if the Primaris nuMarines could be female?
What if it was handled well?
>>
>>53336039
Laughed my ass off that GW caved to a screeching minority that doesn't give a shit about the hobby.

Wouldn't matter if it was handled well they'd have to uproot everything about the SM, yeah they do retcon but this would be a complete rewrite. With the current whining there's no way it wouldn't be seen as anything but caving.

It's like Amy Schemer new special, it failed so hard because it's garbage and unfunny. She whined and threw a fit about it being trolls and the cause rallied around her, coincidentally Netflix changed their rating system because of studies they had done before this incident. However because of the timing Netflix caught flax believing they had caved to Amy and her supporters.

There'd be no way to handle it without pissing off a good chunk of the player base.
>>
>>53336121
How would you all have handled it?
I, personally, would make it so female space marines exist, but are heavily dimorphic. I.E. They support one another and have different skills from one another.
Say, females are often psykers, or have better aim, while the males are melee/firefight oriented.
Something like that.
But that's me. And I like to think that I'm not a cuck.
Sadly, pursuing this path is ill-advised since the bastardization of the left. It's sad to see how we have to infight now for the sake of making sure everyone is given an equal chance.
>>
>>53336203
Fuck this is dumb. Just dont add female SM theres no need.
>>
>>53336203
I'd just make it depend on how the chapter select its recruits.
If they just take the best, there's bound to be a couple females once in a while. No different from males, and once in, they'd be too busy training/meditating/training some more again for it to matter at all ever.
>>
Just would have been another nail in the coffin

Age of Sigmar killed fantasy.
I expect this new round of fluff to be the beginning of the end for 40k.

Kind of just done with Warhammer at this point.
>>
>>53336203
The problem is there isn't a way to handle it with the current atmosphere and timing, even if it wasn't this way they'd be rewriting the whole lore of SMs. For what purpose? What does it add to the SMs other than another source of fap bait?

Why not focus on the all female group the Sisters of Battle, people have been begging for years to get more for them. Why does it absolutely have to be FSM or it doesn't matter? Why not instead attempt to give the SoB more attention, to bring them more to the front and upgrade them.

To me the core issue is there is a faction in desperate need of attention and updating, instead outside groups have latched onto the all boys club and have issue with that.

You want more equal chance? Put effort into not trivializing an already neglected group and instead ask "why aren't they as prevalent?" Ask for more love for the SoB instead of a complete rewrite of the core of SMs.
>>
>>53336302
I'm not sure "they're all men!" is core of the SM over "badass cyborgs in power armor with huge guns and chainsaw swords".
>>
>>53336235
There's that too.
>>
>>53336302
>>53336329

The real issue at the center of SoB is they are ultimately a sexualized ideal of a female militancy in 40k. It doesn't matter that it was entirely conceived and supported by men - it could have been designed by the fucking character designer of Bayonetta and would still run into the same issue. Female Space Marines more or less dodges the issue of sexualized heroines by putting bulky suits and helmets on "big friends".

Do I think its going to happen? Obviously fucking not, otherwise all of the female additions as of late to the 30k, 40k, and AoS ranges wouldn't have shapely figures and boobplate.

The real question you all should be asking is if GW has enough balls to make Greater Nurgle Daemons "big girls".
>>
>>53336039
I dont give a shit about spoose murines.
Too strong to really care for. Also for super soldier they really lack any kind of tactics. Ffs their armor isnt even camoflaged. They are running around in bright blue, yellow and even in fucking hot pink armors.
>>
>>53336329
How about the whole "sons of the emperor" "due to the geneseed using huge amounts of testosterone...." And the whole warrior brother idea?

On that note they'd turn out looking like men anyway so why is it a necessity that they be made a thing? Also fun tidbit there's a group called the daughters of the emperor the Sisters of Battle

>>53336445
Easy fix for you, the SoB get newer sets of power armor that go more with that idea. We kill two birds one stone, SoB fans get their new toys, and you can still have some T&A for reasons, and the outside groups mostly whining and pushing for this can fuck off and not buy it. Just like they were going to do even if FSM became a thing.
>>
>>53336483
Also some dudes made camo marines
>>
>>53336483
Some do use more tactics, others stick to the "shock and slaughter everything before it can react" idea.
>>
>>53336483
Color doesn't matter anymore when everyone of their enemy has infrared vision, tracks by scent or some shit of that kind.
>>
As has been said a million times before, a female space marine would probably be so inundated with testosterone, other hormones, and mental conditioning that they would be indistinguishable from male space marines.

More interesting would be a grim n gritty revitalization of the Sisters line. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't mind seeing grizzled Dominions with Tank Girl style buzzcuts.
>>
>>53336039

Super-Charged Sororitas?
I'd be fucking down.
>>
>>53336567
Exactly, I never understood this whole push to get FSM when the efforts would be far more productive to revamp the SoB.

If it's gets the SoB attention alot of their players would go for it because they've been neglected for a long time.
>>
>>53336039
Its just the idea of a space marine having femininity, that's so odd and disorientating.
Just looking at them, you see everything about their bodies is perfectly engineered to be absurdly big and powerful.

A female space marine would be like a female bodybuilder on steroids, on steroids.
>>
do you actually believe space marines have a functional penis?
they are a bio engineered warrior race, who gives a shit about their nads
>>
>>53336599
I was trying to think of how it could work aesthetically that it would even matter, and the conclusion that I kept reaching was that it would make them look like variant SoB.

>>53336603
Depends. Some chapters go through the genetic enhancement process as their candidates go through puberty, so they probably end up with some kind of super schwanson.
>>
>>53336596
SoB are annoying because they're basically SM, except they're not super mutants who spit acid and eat brains to absorb memories, which raises the question of why SM go through all that shit. They could just recruit a billion beefy veterans and give them all SM-tier armor, surely that'd be better than the what, the million SM they have.
>>
>>53336603
>do you actually believe space marines have a functional penis?
they are a bio engineered warrior race, who gives a shit about their nads

Tell that to the Space Wolves, and how it's been maintained that the geenseed works with male biology only.
>>
>>53336641
Ecclesiarchy foots the bill for the Sisters' nice gear.

Terra already weighed the risk vs reward for vets and equipment and for that reason we have the Guard.
>>
>>53336445
>Female Space Marines more or less dodges the issue of sexualized heroines by putting bulky suits and helmets on "big friends"
Wishful thinking. They'd get boobplate too and you know it.
>>
>>53336637
you haven't been to many gyms, have you
the biggest guys have the smallest dong
BECAUSE of the shit they take
>>53336647
+4 str, m8
it's just a better chassis overall
a female olimpian's grip strenghth is about on par with an average untrained male's
>>
File: 74b.jpg (85KB, 1016x970px) Image search: [Google]
74b.jpg
85KB, 1016x970px
>>53336711
>>
>>53336711
>a female olimpian's grip strenghth is about on par with an average untrained male's

While I maybe aware of this, I know it simply fires up the defense arguments and shuts down discussion.Even if I agree with it because I'm originally from /fit/
>>
>>53336738
>Hand-grip strength has been identified as one limiting factor for manual lifting and carrying loads. To obtain epidemiologically relevant hand-grip strength data for pre-employment screening, we determined maximal isometric hand-grip strength in 1,654 healthy men and 533 healthy women aged 20-25 years. Moreover, to assess the potential margins for improvement in hand-grip strength of women by training, we studied 60 highly trained elite female athletes from sports known to require high hand-grip forces (judo, handball). Maximal isometric hand-grip force was recorded over 15 s using a handheld hand-grip ergometer. Biometric parameters included lean body mass (LBM) and hand dimensions. Mean maximal hand-grip strength showed the expected clear difference between men (541 N) and women (329 N). Less expected was the gender related distribution of hand-grip strength: 90% of females produced less force than 95% of males. Though female athletes were significantly stronger (444 N) than their untrained female counterparts, this value corresponded to only the 25th percentile of the male subjects. Hand-grip strength was linearly correlated with LBM. Furthermore, both relative hand-grip strength parameters (F (max)/body weight and F (max)/LBM) did not show any correlation to hand dimensions. The present findings show that the differences in hand-grip strength of men and women are larger than previously reported. An appreciable difference still remains when using lean body mass as reference. The results of female national elite athletes even indicate that the strength level attainable by extremely high training will rarely surpass the 50th percentile of untrained or not specifically trained men.

sexual dimorphism is a thing
it's why peacocks are so beautiful
>>
File: Gift.png (7KB, 581x61px) Image search: [Google]
Gift.png
7KB, 581x61px
>>53336711
Hyperion's got a huge dong tho
>>
File: 8c405df797ece0b1e9a63dfbd41ca00f.jpg (242KB, 1037x771px) Image search: [Google]
8c405df797ece0b1e9a63dfbd41ca00f.jpg
242KB, 1037x771px
I'd be annoyed purely because it'd kill any hope of the infinitely cooler SoB getting an update. If they want women in an army they should add some female heads to the Guard (if they ever get updated) and release new Sisters.
>>
>>53336711
>goes to the gym to stare at dicks
wew
>>
File: cuntmarines.jpg (172KB, 576x1023px) Image search: [Google]
cuntmarines.jpg
172KB, 576x1023px
>>53336039
I'd rather they release plastic SoB, guard, tau etc.

There are reasons Marines are male only 'warrior monks'.

Every other faction/race can be as gender diverse as the SJWs like, but if you allow female marines, you also have to allow male sororitas, and that's just retarded.
>>
>>53336824
>Every other faction/race can be as gender diverse as the SJWs like, but if you allow female marines, you also have to allow male sororitas, and that's just retarded.

I don't think you understand how this works, boys only clubs are the only thing that need to be eradicated. Girls only clubs are sacred and you shouldn't even think of touching them.
>>
>>53336755
>The results of female national elite athletes even indicate that the strength level attainable by extremely high training will rarely surpass the 50th percentile of untrained or not specifically trained men.

I can masturbate to this using my 'untrained' hand grip strength
>>
File: yhKXLsM.jpg (52KB, 680x445px) Image search: [Google]
yhKXLsM.jpg
52KB, 680x445px
>>53336039
It's retarded and it can't be done well. Men aren't masculine because they're men. They're men because they're masculine. Or to put it less obtusely, a woman who was masculine enough to be as masculine as the most masculine men would be indistinguishable from a man. Like a spotted hyena so hyped on testosterone she literally grows a bigger dick than the male of the species. That's what a female space marine would look like; a man with a bigger dick than you. Now that I think about it, I suppose if it was done like that it'd be amusing enough that I probably be on board with it just because it'd be really funny.

Though it would kind of make all those deadly physical trials they make their recruits go through seem kind of pointless. If any woman can be physically fit enough to qualify then guys would easily be able to demonstrate their suitability by just being unambiguously fitter than her. Then again... the deadly trials are ACTUALLY probably just there to pointlessly kill off recruits or something, so it may not affect them at all.

>>53336647
>they are a bio engineered warrior race, who gives a shit about their nads
Well, in one sense their nads are really important, but it's the sense most ignored in WH40K lore. That is, their ability to perpetuate their genes very effectively by impregnating instead of being impregnated. You'd think that the best way to breed a bunch of super soldiers would be to have some process of selecting the absolute best ones of each generation (such as through the current recruitment process, which we will assume actually accomplishes that) and then making sure those guys have lots of kids. Which space marines should be perfectly capable of doing. But instead they... do the opposite of that? Make sure that the males with the greatest space marine potential are removed from the gene pool through death or sterilization.

Weird, really. Wouldn't think the imperium'd be above a little eugenics.
>>
>>53336970
The problem I see is SM aren't supposed to have such attachments and therefore they don't want the conditioning broken through some love trumps all bullshit.

The other thing is I don't believe that's how geenseed function, SM are a combination of geenseed and implants that make them what they are. They are distilled from their Primarch and by breeding it's very possible to introduce unwanted mutations or variations that dilute the effectiveness.
>>
>>53336970
>Make sure that the males with the greatest space marine potential are removed from the gene pool through death or sterilization.
>Weird, really. Wouldn't think the imperium'd be above a little eugenics.
Considering the last time Mankind got a little too good, it cause the Age of Strife, it almost makes sense.

Mostly though, its all about the great machine of the Imperium being grimdark and destroying itself slowly but surely.
>>
>>53336970
>You'd think that the best way to breed a bunch of super soldiers would be to
Big E specifically wanted to avoid this. SM serve humanity they dont surpass it.
>>
>>53336824
>>53336845

>Order founded intentionally as a sisterhood
>Can't have female marines 'cause GENETICS

If you can't tell the difference between these two things, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>53337050

In b4 'but that's how genetics DO work'.

No it isn't. You don't want realism, you want verisimilitude that supports your personal beliefs and world view.
>>
>>53336970
>Make sure that the males with the greatest space marine potential are removed from the gene pool through death or sterilization.

Some of the recruits come from worlds where it wouldn't be uncommon to have had a few kids already before being recruited.
Especially considering they would have had be the top dog of their tribe to qualify for being a marine.

Though I agree that a formal program of freezing the recruit's...khm...'geneseed' for later reintroduction into the population would be a good idea. Though supposedly from what I've read in threads like these before the recruit's DNA is not the only relevant factor and you have to account for warp fuckery as well.
>>
>>53336039
Part of me would have found it hilarious and I was kinda hoping it would happen because the sudden tidalwave of salty tears would have been delicious.

Another part of me would have been a bit annoyed with GW for caving to a handful of well meaning but deluded bloggers devoid of any sense of irony (the RWAs of the left)

But when push comes to shove. It's GW's story, they can do what they want with it. The gender of space marines isn't something I'm particularly invested in, so once the novelty faded I imagine I'd carry on as usual
>>
>>53337050
There is no difference in design.
Marines are just faceless dudes who are warrior monks and all male by design. The genetics angle is just a justification for the design, because they are engineered, not born.
Sisters are all female to add a Dominatrix faction. The sisterhood is just a wordplay on men at arms.
>>
File: nekkid 2846.jpg (271KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nekkid 2846.jpg
271KB, 1080x1080px
>>53337050
>Order founded intentionally as a sisterhood
>Can't have female marines 'cause GENETICS

>Marines founded intentionally as a group of genetically modified soldiers that have both an X and Y chomosome to allow them to inherit traits of their XY forebears
>Adeptas Sororitas having 90% of the Marines' combat capacity but missing the slight edge that testosterone and 35,000 years of genetic engineering provides

If you can't tell the difference between these two things, you must be retarded.
>>
>>53336039
I'd be pitching black library my story about fabius bile and emps children getting their hands on a femarines superhuman womb. Human women currently have a one womb per abominable monster limit because they're body cant handle it. But an astartes womb would be a gift of the dark prince. They'll get her high on giving birth to supermonsters. Constantly raped after churning out super abomination after super abomination in an eternal cycle. This plot will be discovered by the salamanders for since their so close to their families for extra melodrama. They'll manage to save the femarines from bile's clutches. But not the next batch captured by lucius
>>
What are you talking about? All helmeted marines are female.
>>
One faction of power armoured men, one faction of power armoured women.

how fucking complicated does it have to be.

Warrior nuns and warrior monks.

give sisters of battle their own genebulking for all I care, but they aren't space marines and never will be.
>>
>>53336203

I wouldn't have let it happen. I'd have been explicit about "No female Marines, ever."

Like, I would literally add a note in the most recent Codex where Cawl says "As you know, it is impossible to make women Space Marines. The implants don't work with them, and there is a 100% failure rate. Instead, I've IMPROVED the Marines we have, expanding on the blessed Omnissiah's work. Moving on..."
>>
>>53337050
It's not GENETICS.

They are designed that way to avoid any chance of reproduction beyond geneseed transfer. All males = no babies. It's specifically so this race of transhumans cannot replace humanity.

And even if you go all "just make them sterile", pic related.
>>
>>53336039
The same way I'm reacting now. Angry,, but not because of the female thing.

Assuming for one second that Nu Marines make sense They don't it would have been the perfect place to introduce fem marines without disrespecting the original lore Anymore than numarines have already disrespected the lore.
>>
Maybe in addition to guillimarines there should be guuillisisters. Makes sense, Big Blue has probably twigged that faith is one of the main things holding the imperium together, so why not show some love to the most faithful soldiers around and instruct some techpriests to figure out how to shove geneseed into them.

Then if anybody complains about female space marines after that they seriously need to be shot.
>>
Just make plastic Sisters, goddamnit GW, it's that easy.
>>
>>53336039
I play tau so I just bring more broadsides.
>>
>>53336039
>How would you have reacted if the Primaris nuMarines could be female?

I'd quit. Female Marines are my litmus test for the SJWfication on 40k.

>What if it was handled well?

Impossible.
>>
I suppose I would find it obnoxious in the same way that other changes are being made to make the Imperium more cosmetically appealing to the modern social ethos. It would at best be an arbitrary change and at worst undercut some of the churlish joy of indulging in one "problematic" idea among many that make the setting novel nowadays.
>>
File: IMG_20170323_214145.jpg (72KB, 550x651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170323_214145.jpg
72KB, 550x651px
>>53336703
It happened already in aos.
>>
>>53336445
>sex negativity
I'm sorry, but i can't see how that is in any way, shape or form a problem.
>>
>>53336039
It can't be handled well.
>>53338757
This.
>>
>>53337251
>Adeptas Sororitas having 90% of the Marines' combat capacity
Wat.
>>
>>53337386
Fuck off.
>>
>>53336266
see ya, dingus
>>
File: 1488682065115.jpg (208KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1488682065115.jpg
208KB, 1191x670px
>>53337583
Guilliman already shat on everything his douchebag biological dad believed in, like admiring and liking xenos or creating separate empire, he also always wanted astartes to have place in humankind besides being killing machines.
>>
>>53336603
IIRC I think I saw a comment about them even being able to have intercourse. Memories fuzzy though.
>>
>>53338757
I hate sjws just as much as anyone but quitting just cause of female marines is an overreaction. Yes I'm aware of the lore but I wouldn't quit the setting because of the change.

>>53336703
>>53336445
Practically boobplate has its problems, but they're your chicks afterall if you want boobplate I say have at it.

It would be great if gw had boobplate and non boobplate versions of SoBs, but I guess that's asking for too much.
>>
>>53336039
I generally support the idea of gender equality in every aspect but no. 40k is basically a male safe space. Everything about it just screams so. It's kind of like requiring college sororities to have an obligatory male quota. I'd retcon the SOB if I could, too.
>>
>>53340548

one of the main reasons of why pre-heresy ultramarines were akin to diplomats and even the east and west roman senate, though less backstaby and more reasonable
>>
>>53338757
>>53341761
Lore changes all the time anyway. This'd just be another change among many.
>>
>>53342766

maybe they will find a way to make female marines, all thanks to Sailor Celestinemoon
>>
>>53336039

Literally impossible
>>
>>53341826
40k isn't a male safe space it doesn't give a shit about gender politics.
>>
>>53342766
You're legit retarded or a woman if you believe this.
>>
>>53341826
>I generally support the idea of gender equality in every aspect
This is one of the biggest problems with society today. You're just spewing things that sound noble without thinking about them. True equality is impossible, because men (on average) are always gonna be better at and more willing to do some things, women (on average) at others, men and society in general want to coddle women and women in general want to be coddled. There is nothing wrong with these things, but all the misandrist abomination dykes that hijacked the feminist movement drilled this non-existent concept of oppression into the minds of women so they'd gain support for their agenda, which is ultimately the destruction of males.
>inb4 muh /pol/
Fuck off, it's relevant to the discussion. No one should be judged, hired or evaluated based on their gender but ability and actions, that's as close to true equality as possible. Literal equality isn't, and will never be, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>53336039
>xD bait thread lmao
fuck off
>>
>>53343183
It's very obviously designed to fit a certain demographic's yearning for ultra-masculine fantasy their lives are completely void of. And it's done so masterfully. GW can get away with the ridiculous prices because they know exactly that their product is simply THE perfect product for their target group.
>>
>>53343344
jesus christ calm down you fuckwit.
> No one should be judged, hired or evaluated based on their gender but ability and actions, that's as close to true equality as possible.
That's what I'm supporting. But if you think this is the case now (at least in CEE Europe where I'm from) you are in some serious denial.
>>
>>53343387
>That's what I'm supporting
Then why were you talking about male safe spaces and shit? It sounded bitter and condescending.
>>
>>53343435
Beacuse it is. Please read
>>53343358
It's not exactly an SJW type safe-space then. I didn't mean to sound condescending, it's the same thing for me. There's nothing wrong with some escapism from time to time.
>>
>>53336039
I would just avoid them in my armies, simple as that.
I enjoy the whole manly men theme.
>>
>>53336246
>no different from males

This is one of the biggest fucking lies told today and I say that from experience as an infantryman who has a female in my section. This is absolute horse shit and its likely to get me killed someday.
>>
>>53345005
I said best of the best, Anon. If you take the thousand bests in something, you're bound to find a couple women even if the vast majority is still men. And no lowering standards until they fit in.
>>
>>53336567
I would mind that. Punks and "Riotgrrlz" can fuck right off.
>>
>>53345031
>no lowering standards

Too late, the "Soldier 2020" program is hitting right now and its going to make tomorrow's Army weak as shit.
>>
>>53345282
Yeah but I was talking about a hypothetical SM recruitment drive there.
>>
>>53336246
>>53345031
Top kek, what world do you live in? Decent male athletes completely blow away female world champions. If you're taking the one percent of the strongest humans on the planet woman don't even begin to come close to making that cut.
>>
>>53345301
I know, the whole fem-SM thing is only an issue because of modern socio-political events that are external to the game and every time they're accomodated in a game setting or movie or entertainment of any kind end up ruining it.
>>
>>53336039

Honestly? Wouldn't care. My wife has a Necron force that are all female. She didn't go and shove a bunch of greenstuff tits on them, they look just the same as any other Necrons. She just gave them female Egyptian names and reasoned that ALL the Necrontyr were put in the necrodermis, so logically quite a lot of them would in fact be female.

Female Primarus marines would be no different. They're going to look identical from the outside because of the armour. I suppose you could have a bare head one, but so what? Cawl's had 10,000 years to work on them; the idea of him using females as well as males doesn't bother me.

Now having female Space Marines is a totally different kettle of fish, because they're established as being male only. But Primarus? Eh, new fluff, can be whatever GW likes. Frankly given some of the hyperbole in this thread I actually wish GW does make some of them female just to piss you all off.
>>
>>53345005
>>53345282
>>53345348
Wanna tell some stories?
>>
>>53345421
I wish for you to lose the ability to enjoy absolutely any kind of entertainment or activity you fucking prick.
>>
>>53345429
Oh boy, where do I start. I don't want to give away a lot of personally identifying information but lets just say Im part time. Im in a squad that carries and employs the heaviest weapons in a light infantry company. Female did an MOS-transfer into our unit. Been with us for a decent amount of time. Lazy as fuck, hides out in female-only areas. We were out in the field recently, rucking, doing squad movement techniques. Our job has us carrying 125+ pounds in weapons and gear. Thats at the lightest end. She can't keep up with us, dies going up hills, doesn't pitch in to help unless told to do so, and plays dumb about things. Its the most infuriating fucking thing that my country believes in this egalitarian bullshit so much that they're willing to risk my life for it. Females in combat arms are going to get good men killed.
>>
>>53345595
Damn. Is there a particular event that really pissed you off or is it just the general laziness and weakness you described?
>>
>>53345429
>>53345595
Would like to tell more, but with how few females are in combat arms it would be too easy to put 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>53345421
>>53345477
Sorry, anon, i didn't mean that. I hope your wife and you have a long, happy life.

no girls allowed in my marines, though
>>
>>53336039
>female marines

Heresy. If you want female anything, how about you fucking release plastic Sisters of Battle so people can afford them you fucks.
>>
>>53345641
This is silly, but the thing that pisses me off the most is that she can't even maintain her distance and position in a basic squad column formation over flat ground. Constantly falling behind and swerving into others' lanes. Has been talked to about it. Other than that just the laziness and weakness in general.
>>
File: Ork Mug.png (153KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Mug.png
153KB, 510x546px
>>53345421
>Honestly? Wouldn't care. My wife has a Necron force that are all female. She didn't go and shove a bunch of greenstuff tits on them, they look just the same as any other Necrons. She just gave them female Egyptian names and reasoned that ALL the Necrontyr were put in the necrodermis, so logically quite a lot of them would in fact be female.
And this is perfectly fine because there isn't a mountain of lore saying that it can't happen, unlike female space marines.

>tfw your faction dealt with this shit a long time ago by eliminating turning your faction into angry walking space mushrooms
>get amused by watching other players argue over whether or not Female Space Marines should be a thing
As someone else already pointed out, just give the SoB their turn in the spotlight (and release plastic units for their faction ffs. It's beyond absurd at this point).
>>
>>53345707
Sorry to hear that, anon. What about interactions, is she at least fun to talk to? Not that it matters in a job where physical ability is everything.
>>
>>53340165
Has the same armour save, use the same weapons, weaker in melee. How would you rate it?
>>
>>53336527
Raven guard uses camouflage in their armors.

Though, you have to think if there is any point in visual camouflage of huge guys whose footsteps would make loud sound in almost any surface. And every race xept for orks must have pretty fucking great detection tools available.
>>
>>53345847
>xept for orks
>underestimatin tha kunnin utiliteez ov proppa orky listnin' gubbinz

Rookie mistake.
>>
>>53345847
SM's are actually far stealthier then humans. Superior senses/motor control and the armor helps. A SM could EASILY sneak up on you without you knowing if you weren't aware of him to begin with.
>>
File: 40k keks.jpg (69KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
40k keks.jpg
69KB, 680x462px
>>53345862
>>
>>53345758
Yea she's got a decent personality. Doesn't seem to mind it when we're BSing and having guy talk. Thats a positive for sure because people can get in a lot of trouble for things that are said in jest in casual conversations now unfortunately. There are just things you want to discuss and get off your chest and joke with a group of only guy friends around you. She doesn't interfere with that like many women will do. All-male workplaces/clubs are a wonderful thing and I wish everybody had the chance to have that kind of experience.
>>
>>53345865
oh cmon, the powerpack cant be that silent.
>>
>>53345862
And they can just tune their Gitfindas to exxtra pansy if they dont find anyone to krump
>>
>>53345924
The armor, much like the wearer, is designed to be the ultimate combat machine.
>>
>>53345885
Well, that's something, i guess. And you're right about the male company.
>>
>>53336445
>The real issue at the center of SoB is they are ultimately a sexualized ideal of a female militancy in 40k.

That is in no way a bad thing and I'm pretty sure it's pretty much an unavoidable thing. You cannot have a recognizably female army without giving the models recognizably feminine traits, which due to the tiny size of the models will have to be exaggerated to be even noticeable.
>>
>>53345707
Feel you. Even in conscription women tend to be annoying as hell.

>women gets pissy when you tell her to carry her share of the equipment
>starts to spread shit about how you are bullying her and sexually harassing her
>get into minor bullshit until she voluntarily leaves because APPARENTLY recon is pretty hard and takes strenght

Though sometimes you get those who actually do their shit just as good as anyone else and are motivated. And it feels good to spoon one for warmth in a makeshit tarp shelter in winter.
>>
>>53346051

Its an issue. Its not a "real" issue in that people who participate in the community don't give a shit, but continues to be a stickler for online warriors.
>>
>>53340548

Why not? Despite the over the top bullshit GW has come up with, Space Marines are merely enhanced Humans that had a bunch of shit crammed into them and indoctrinated. None of this "separate race" and "transhuman" bullshit.
>>
>>53346075
Dude I know exactly what you mean. I used to be in a combat support unit that had 25% females. There was exactly one my entire 5 years in that unit that i respected that could do her job and didn't do the typical things. The other women hated her for it but we made her feel like she was one of us because she worked hard and gave a shit. Still wouldn't want her beside me in a combat unit because stress fractures and she just physically wouldn't be able to do it, but I have respect for her. Coincidentally, that support unit i left when i transferred into infantry now has all female leadership and they fight on facebook. I can just imagine how non-functional it is now. Glad i left.
>>
>>53336445
>The real issue at the center of SoB is they are ultimately a sexualized
No.
Stop being a prude.
>>
>>53336039
So I'm relativly new to 40k lore and I never got this. The process of becoming a space marine involves fucking around with the human genes a huge amount right? If you're already going that deep into handwavey sci fi territory what exactly is stopping the same genetic fuckery from working on a girl?
>>
>>53336329
They're manly badss cyborgs in power armour with huge guns and chainsaw swords - you might as well as remove chainsaw swords or any other word from that equation and you'd end up with something completly different in the long run
>>
>>53346051
The thing is, they aren't even that size exaggerated on the real life models - hell, the blood angel tac squads abs are bigger than their boobs, and half the models have them hidden behind arms anyway
>>
>>53347052
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Female_Space_Marines
>>
>>53347149
>1d4chan
>>
>>53347052
Because the process works off male biology to create male sons of the male sons of the Emperor.

That's the reasoning. End of story.
>>
>>53347208
>hating old /tg/
Fucking newfags ruin everything
>>
>>53347052

It's like asking why anime magical girls are only girls.
>>
>>53347149
It's a perfectly fine summary of thousands of threads we had on this topic and the thousands that are yet to come.
>>
>>53347052
>using gene-seed from males
>male hormons are the ones that give strength
>strong body is needed to survive the process
Even if a woman could survive it (which she can't), she'd turn into a dude. If she didn't horribly mutate first, which is FAR more likely to happen.
>>
>>53347052
Because 40k is grimdark, and Emp's wasn't focused on equality with his bio weapons
>>
>>53337583

Space marines are sterile specifically because of what you said about the Emperor not wanting to replace humanity. Or did you mean female space marines?
>>
File: Samus.png (465KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Samus.png
465KB, 1024x1024px
>>53336039
Obligatory Samus Aran Female Primarch post
>>
File: 1464202938948.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464202938948.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>This many MUH SJWS!! on /tg/

I bet ya'll use the word 'cuck' unironically, too.

Anyway: Primaris could've been a chance to be "Either gender", simply for the fact that in an all out war, you don't turn down soldiers.
>>
>>53347725

>simply for the fact that in an all out war, you don't turn down soldiers.

But you can and do, because adding in elements that aren't fit for it lowers your ability to efficiently handle threats. Secondly, 40k humanity (and even modern humans) are in no danger of running out of men to fight.

Even historically women never fought. It was all isolated incidents, being a commander rather than a fighter, or when shit hit the fan and it was better to try to fight than be raped by the victorious army.

So, what total war have you seen either in reality or 40k where the population issue was so dire that the war either wasn't already over and required women to join?

Most of the time if you are that bad off, you already surrendered or lost because you are fucked.
>>
File: 137204642444.jpg (95KB, 591x530px) Image search: [Google]
137204642444.jpg
95KB, 591x530px
>>53347725
>in an all out war, you don't turn down soldiers.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>53347846

>But muh muh muh shieldmaidens!
>>
GW is too stubborn to give into SJWs
>>
>>53347935
No, they just want the money and realize SJWs don't buy shit. GW would sell their mother for a dollar if they could. If SJWs had a lot of money? 40k would be about the feminist empress who raised up a sisterhood to fuck up the galactic patriarchy tomorrow.
>>
>>53347846
>>53347858

So do you want realism or fantasy in your facist powerwank? Make up your mind
>>
>>53347968
And that's why plastic sisters will never be.
>>
>>53348020
I was the first guy you quoted and my point was that what you said made zero sense from a fantasy or realistic perspective. Actually try to refute my points rather than strawman.
>>
>>53348020
Just because something is ''fantasy'' doesn't mean it doesn't have it's own internal rules and consistency. That's just the go-to cop-out excuse for hacks when they're called out on plot holes in their works, or in this case trying to force absolutely needles change that will only make a certain subgroup of '''''people''''' stop bitching even though they absolutely don't care about the product or even the issue.
>>
>>53348029

It's not SJWs who want affordable, supported Sisters of Battle. People with a fetish for nuns want them. SJWs want specifically female marines, because they can't deal with there being an all-male anything in the world.
>>
>>53348020
>fascist

What does this even mean anymore?
>>
>>53348137
It means you hurt a special snowflake's feelings.
>>
>>53347725
>the fact that in an all out war, you don't turn down soldiers.

You turn down soldiers _constantly_ in WH40K. You turn them down all the fucking time. Space marines are supposed to be among the best one billionth of a percent _before_ they get their gene treatment. They are super special snowflakes and you will turn down millions and millions of people for each one of them because only the absolute best can cut it.
>>
>>53348137
>Fascism /ˈfæʃJzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism,[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce

Yeah that's the Imperium
>>
>>53348137
In SJW jargon it's anything that isn't whipped into complying with their ideology.

But people of all sorts abuse the fuck out of it to mean a variety of things.
>>
File: kill yourself.jpg (96KB, 651x768px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.jpg
96KB, 651x768px
>>53348086
>tripfag
>''LELXD I'LL RESPOND TO HALF THE FUCKING THREAD AND POST EROTICA LOOK AT HOW QUIRKY AND SPECIAL I AM''
>>
>>53348137

"Fascist" has long since stopped meaning anything in the real world, however WH40K universe is pretty damn fascist in the classic sense of the word. Always has been. Imperium of Man is not a democracy.
>>
>>53348112
The point is that Sisters do not make money. Hence why there never will me plastic models.
>>
>>53347666
Females. At the rate that geneseed has mutated it would be detrimental to that goal having females because of "life finds a way"
>>
why are the sisters of silence so big? and so bald?

>>53348086
nd got unbanned?
>>
>>53348155

No, it isn't. For starters nationalism means shit in 40k because they span many worlds. Controlling industry and commerce also does not happen. The Imperium does not care about controlling it as long as you pay your tithes and don't break loyalty.

It's space feudalism if anything. Not fascism.
>>
>>53348175
>The point is that Sisters do not make money

How the fuck would they know when they've never attempted to sell them? They've been out of print longer than most players have been alive.
>>
>>53348169
It's not a fascism either. Different planets have different governments. And the governors have a lot of freedom. There are even democratic worlds. Worlds and systems answer to Terra, but again, this is not fascism. It's a system unlike anything in the real world. Don't buy into the memes.
>>
>>53347052
Space Marines are basically clones of the Primarchs, which are basically clones of the Emperor.

The Emperor has a penis so they all must have a penis.
>>
>>53348020
If you consider it "facist powerwank" why are you trying so hard to change it?
>>
>>53348208
To the investors, numbers don't lie. The current models and molds have paid for themselves but there is not enough demand to cause an investment in the line.
>>
>>53348020
>>53348235
Oh, I know! Because anything that doesn't advance the cause of social justice must be changed so that it does so. These people don't actually care about the hobby.
>>
>>53338597
Kek
>>
File: 1421550927605-3.jpg (171KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1421550927605-3.jpg
171KB, 900x900px
>>53345780
NICE DAEMONETTE NEEDS TO LEAVE
>How you doin buddy how yah been?
>>
File: 1421563588330-1.gif (994KB, 440x340px) Image search: [Google]
1421563588330-1.gif
994KB, 440x340px
>>53348086
NICE DAEMONETTE NEEDS TO LEAVE
>How you doin buddy how yah been?
>>
File: 1493048498859.png (134KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1493048498859.png
134KB, 323x241px
>>53348020
>in a real situation you don't do x
>why do you want realism
>>
>>53348297
That has been proven to be false because the 3rd party units have sold hand over fist. People threw their money at Raging heroes to make Sisters replacements because they couldn't get sisters that weren't $80 for a box of basic infantry.
>>
>>53349933
>3rd party
Exactly.
>>
>>53348297
>>53349933
>>53350010

The problem is the core buyer has always been 18 and under. Boys are statistically less likely to buy GI Janes than they are to buy Master Chiefs or giant robots. SoB remains a risky investment with the #1 core buyer, so its better not to risk it.

Sisters of Silence is an exception since its literally confined to one plastic squad box; and they've made a point to make it easily convertible.
>>
>>53350056
The core buyer has been classified as 18-25, unmarried, and educated. They are without children but have their own income. Likely a university graduate, or attending university.
>>
>>53336755
>>
>>53350010
Yes but they are paying attention to competitors.
Plus when they released what's her face the limited edition Cannoness she sold 10x more units than predicted. indicating that demand is there.
>>
File: 1495217382436.jpg (489KB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1495217382436.jpg
489KB, 2480x1748px
>>53336824
>but if you allow female marines, you also have to allow male sororitas, and that's just retarded.
Eh, Sororitas existing because of an exploited legal loophole is amusing and relatively well-written. Space Marines being all men is literally just meaningless technobabble.

Sisters of Silence's reason for being monogender is just as retarded as Space Marines though, so they could definitely be changed too. Same with Custodes.

If I'm being honest, the main reason I want GW to inject gender into their models is because I'm a fan of model diversity and I'm basically for anything that gives me more options for modeling.
>>
>>53347968
No, their stubborness at least was a factor in it.

In 2010-2014 the idea was that SJW was profitable and made broad appeal. Gamergate changed things a bit but if GW didnt' SJWize in 2012 it was largely beacuse they refused to change course
>>
>>53345924

The Mark 6 Corvus armor was designed specifically for that purpose. That said, it's not like a Space marine needs to be in power armor to be stealthy. Scouts can still rip and tear with their bear hands nevermind the Space Wolf Scouts who forgoe their armor for scout armor.
>>
>>53336039
No. Just...no.

1) We already have Adeptus Sororitas and they are awesome enough. They just need a new codex and more minis, including more Saints. ESPECIALLY more saints.

2) Do not, do not DO NOT cave in to whiners who don't care at all about the game and don't play it. For if once you do, they'll never leave you alone.

3) Now I know exactly what I wanna to do with my sister's left over barbies. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9hfGlVs2CA&index=11&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd
>>
>>53349846
>Now buddy you know people don't like it when tripfags come and fish 4 Us
>>
>>53350315
I thought Space Marines were all men because the emperor didn't want them to replace humanity.

Yet they are chemically castrated so whatever.
>>
>>53350315
Between the different chapters and the relative lore freedom, I don't see how you lack modeling options.
And having FSM just leads to the same things, but with tits.

Space Marines being monogendered is not meaningless, its an order of warrior monks. It harkens to such things, it has a design basis and logic. Moreover, they are the heirs of the Primarchs, which was repeated in the Primaris video. They are essentially the grandsons of the Emperor.

>>53350436
Those are complementary, not mutually exclusive.
>>
File: 1495317393664.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495317393664.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>53350436
Don't Salamanders have families? And I know there was a pretty overt reference to Space Wolves having sex(or at least making passes at women) in one of their codices.
>>53350516
>Between the different chapters and the relative lore freedom, I don't see how you lack modeling options.
>as if there could ever be too many modeling options.
>>
>>53350436

space marines are men because of the simple sexist fact that men make better brute warriors

and the emperor couldn't to be bothered with gender equality when it comes to his weapons of war
>>
>>53345751
>And this is perfectly fine because there isn't a mountain of lore saying that it can't happen, unlike female space marines.

A fair point. We're not talking about Space Marines however, we're talking about Primaris. Currently their established lore that we know about is confined to a short article. GW could reveal that some of them are female and it would not contradict or retcon a single iota of Space Marine fluff.
>>
>>53347846

Female Imperial Guard regiments are a well established part of the fluff. If we take Black Library as canon then according to Amberley Vael, 10% of guard regiments are female. So yes, the Imperium is in enough of a dire situation to use women as front line fighters.
>>
>>53352330
>genetically altered from their brethren to be bigger, stronger and faster
They are enhanced from already existing Space Marines. Hence, they are all males.
>>
Is it always the same autist making these threads?
>>
>>53352472
This. When you strap a rocket to the back of a car its still a fucking car its just gonna be going over the speedlimit a lot more.
>>
>>53336203
I would make it so the space marine process leaves them looking unisex. They come from both sexes but they always end up as hulking bruts with no tits, dick, or vag cause Big E didnt want them reproducing.
>>
>Sisters of battle
>Sisters of silence
>large portion of imperial assassins

Two of those three are stated to be a match and then some for your average space marine. Women don't need to be bolted onto more, their factions just need some spotlight
>>
>>53336039
Wouldn't care. They're a new thing, let them have their own rules. Just leave space marines alone.
>>
>>53347725
>This many MUH SJWS!! on /tg/
I guess you haven't met any in real life, you lucky bastard
>>
>>53336039
There's absolutely no way to handle it well. Female Space Marines insults the hardcore fan-base. For those clamoring for it in the first place, they wouldn't make enough sales to cover the losses.

For those claiming that the Soritas were designed as a dominatrix fetish, thank you for taking a momentous-"fuck-you"-step back your predecessors fought for. Nevermind the fact that there was a tech limitation to differentiate boy and girl miniatures. Nevermind the fact you have badass women actually fighting on par with the best of the Imperial Guard. Nevermind the fact that the Emperor's chosen representatives are almost always Soritas. But they dress like sluts so they do not deserve any legitimacy. /s
>>
>>53349846
That topknot is the most retarded thing ever. It's just begging for something to grab it and break her neck by pulling it really hard. It even look like a handle, for fucks sake.
>>
>>53351024
Come on, if the conversion process can turn a scrawny cunt like Lexandro d'Arquebus into a Fist it can do it with a woman.
I want my canon Marines all male but that's not one of the reasons.
>>
File: tumblr_oa3zoe2Qgm1ummjd5o1_1280.jpg (120KB, 927x862px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa3zoe2Qgm1ummjd5o1_1280.jpg
120KB, 927x862px
>>53355092
It can't in actuality turn scrawny shits into turbo-warriors. It takes ludicrous strength to survive the process. Anyone not built like a truck made of bricks to start out with has no chance, and women aren't going to cut in by way of sheer difference.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.