[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel FASERIP, what you can tell me about it? is it better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Thor-page-001.jpg (173KB, 775x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Thor-page-001.jpg
173KB, 775x1024px
Marvel FASERIP, what you can tell me about it?

is it better than mutants and masterminds?
>>
Never heard of it, but FACERIP is a pretty great name.
>>
I had a lot of fun with it in the early 90's, very high "beer & pretzels" value, where you randomly roll up characters and play.

That said, not a lot of options back then either and most of us were pretty casual so stuff like GURPS Supers or Paladium was eight out.

It's light and fun and good for a laugh as long as you're not looking for something too serious.
>>
>>53335021
Best superhero game out there imho but a bit dated - both ruleswise as well as editing. But it's basically simple to use and hits all marks for me when it comes to genre simulation.

>>53335338
>not a lot of options
Anon, you're not supposed to play the Basic game and then spout shit based on that. Advanced MSH is the only MSH worth considering.
>>
>>53335484
Also there are some retroclones and derived systems like 4c
>>
>>53335484
You seem to know more about this system, does it support any other genres than Supers?
>>
>>53335484
Sorry, I meant "other options" as in other supers games to play.

The game itself had plenty of options within the game itself.
>>
>>53335021
What are those things on his knees?
>>
>>53335623
Universes
>>
I'm thinking about using it to run a DC superhero game
>>
>>53335508
not very well. you see, tests are table-based, you have one master chart - which is kinda cool. however the chart encompasses all levels of competence up to galactus and beyond. that compresses ordinary humans to a fairly small range. also skills are more a tack-on with abilities and super-powers running the show for the most part.

>>53335572
there is the ultimate powers handbook which includes every possible power to conceive of. the advanced rules also feature a nifty chargen method - which is fun but rarely creates characters with coherent powers. if that's not your thing, you can allow the players to pick powers. so, yes, you can absolutely create your own heroes or run DC heroes in that game.

your ultimate one-stop site for MSH is
http://classicmarvelforever.com/cms/
>as an aside bitdefender warns me of that site but that's nonsense
you can find the PDFs under resources > downloads

>>53336217
you can find the stats for DC heroes and others under profiles
>>
Blacky the Blackball has produced an excellent clone of this that you can get- full rules- in print if you want it. Check it out here: https://gurbintrollgames.wordpress.com/faserip/

I've already got his Dark Dungeons, a clone of the D&D Rules Cyclopedia (this still beats AD&D 2E in my book). Guy... really thinks out his stuff. Only Adventurer Conqueror King compares, and it's not free. Basically you're looking at a balance-considered remake of whatever game he decides to take on (Blood Guts and Glory is a personal project loosely based on 3E, havent checked it out just yet).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.