[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of cyberpunk game are you running or playing in? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

What kind of cyberpunk game are you running or playing in?

What makes this world interesting?
>>
>>53331804
Its a huge cyberpunk city inside a post apocalyptic space station.
>>
File: 1470248456033.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1470248456033.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>53331804
>tfw you will never find a group to run your cyberpunk setting set in neo-istanbul
>>
>>53334967
Run it online faggot, I'll play.
>>
File: 1460429857617.jpg (747KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1460429857617.jpg
747KB, 1440x900px
>>53335052
the game finder threads are infamously cancerous and autistic because only the people that no one will play with will post there.
>>
File: world map.png (49KB, 1425x625px) Image search: [Google]
world map.png
49KB, 1425x625px
>>53331804
Pulled this bad boy from a /wbg/ thread a while back. What do you guys think of this map? Bad or good? Can we salvage it?
>>
>>53335096
>EU as main country taking over europe
>a country named 'incorporated American territories'
>Israel not controlling the middle east
>>
>>53335096
>India every absorbing Bangladesh

I have doubts
>>
>>53335096
Why is New Israel in Somalia? Am I reading those colors right?

With no background information whatsoever, I would gander to say that whoever designed this subconsciously just wanted to make the world easier to keep track of.
But who knows. There could be a good reason for it.
>>
>>53335212
Not the anon you are responding to, but I can only assume the IAT are "territories" of the US.
>>
>>53335429
That's what I was thinking as well. Maybe just showing international alliances and defense pacts instead of actual nations?
>>
It's retro futuristic and takes the piss out of 80s sci-fi more than a little. The cutting edge of data storage is in big banks of HDDs that have to be physically transported, and wireless comms are high-quality for around a mile before they start to get fuzzy.

Also there's robots.
>>
>>53331804

I want to run a modempunk game set in the mid-1990s of Renaissance Italy (so the country isn't unified and is made up of city-states instead, the Pope rules over the center of the peninsula, etc.)

It wants to be a sequel to The Princess Bride, and contains various bits ripped off wholesale of Foucault's Pendulum (the Umberto Eco book).

Here's the workbook if anyone wants it. http://emlia.org/pmwiki/pub/web/DiscsBrethrenPie.DiscsBrethrenPie.html
>>
>>53335096
What the fuck is the Grey supposed to be?
>>
>>53337084
The "shit nobody cares about" Alliance
>>
>>53337107
That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Australia has fucking tons of resources and land.
>>
>>53337152

Maybe they are being defensive/isolationist and told everybody to fuck off.

Also cyber sharks and drop bears with jetpacks so they can do more than one drop per bear.
>>
>>53335294
Why? Not like Bangladesh is all that powerful
>>
File: friday_286.jpg (23KB, 286x360px) Image search: [Google]
friday_286.jpg
23KB, 286x360px
>>53331804

Doing a Shadowrun game set in our hometown of MSP. I've tried to include some fairly local themes, and one of them is Winternight wannabes/Asatru extremism and terrorism in general. I've done loose analogues to the Kathleen Soliah/Sara Jane Olson case, to the radicalization of young Somalis in this decade, and so on. The PCs recently got involved in a dust up with a rogue military unit working with Winternight remnants at the old Prairie Island nuclear plant.

Another major cultural thing going on is that other than Asatru, there's a lot of Hmong stuff going on. Basically, the induction of some of the Hmong gang scene at the Awakening made the local Mafia not only very dominant in the underworld, but also a heavily Awakened syndicate with a lot of hooks in local institutions, more like the Triads in Asia in methodology. Drawing on the Prohibition years in St. Paul for inspiration as well as my own background studying Hmong language and culture in grad school. I've even thrown in some Hmong slang; like, "menyuam laij" (the final consonants being tone markers, so it's like me nyua lai) is real life slang for kids in gangs and literally translates as "kids who mill around". A great put down coming from a real professional runner, right?
>>
Private security firms are incredibly common and spring up like hotcakes; megacorps can hire them either openly or on the downlow as deniable assets (like in every cyberpunk game), but they're also openly available to any individual that can afford them as troubleshooters, investigators, security, etc. Essentially, the firms act as adventuring parties for hire (or adventurer guilds if we're talking the huge conglomerates) on top of the normal skullduggery of cyberpunk jobs.

PCs have the choice of joining one of the big dogs or striking out on their own to create a small-time firm from the ground up. One means better gear, backup, and a reliable paycheck, but restricted freedom both in terms of missions (your job is assigned by the firm) and methods (your supervisor sets the tone and approach for the mission). The other means you're on your own in terms of funds and backup, and you likely won't have a steady steam of clients in the beginning meaning money will be tight, but you get all the benefits of self-employment: you set your own hours, take only the jobs you want to, and do those jobs how you want to. Plus, maybe one day your firm can go big time; you could incorporate and start hiring on other "security experts" and send them out on jobs of their own.

From my perspective as the GM, it also lets me throw all sorts of types of antagonists at the party while making the world seem larger. One week they're fighting an elite killteam of operators, all with [ADJECTIVE/NOUN] [ANIMAL] callsigns, and the next it's a bunch of hoodlums that take corp jobs for the rush. Yeah I could do that with unofficial "teams" of runners, but giving each a company name establishes a larger identity, and it lets me bring the antagonists back again (woohoo for callbacks) even if they're wiped out (The party only wiped out one of Tigerwolf's operator squads; now the rest of the firm is out for blood).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.