[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Timmy Edition Previous Thread: >>53278600 → → NE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 57

File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 191x264px
Timmy Edition

Previous Thread: >>53278600 → →

NEWS

>Commander 2017
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18

>MTGO Banlist Latest Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
who's your favorite big dumb beatstick?
>>
>>53327345
I've got a special place in my heart for Treva.

She's probably the worst of the original Invasion dragons, but she's my favorite.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53327367
>She's probably the worst of the original Invasion dragons
Despite darigaaz being incredibly powerful in the book his card is easily the worst invasion dragon
Plus treva has that fucking incredible promo
>>
File: 140.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
140.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Doesn't get much bigger and dumber.
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53327445
that card always reminds me of this card
>>
File: Image (11).png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (11).png
141KB, 223x311px
>IT'S NOT THE MOST OP CARD EVER PRINTED YOU'RE ALL RETARDED
>>
File: Letting the Baits Go By.jpg (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Letting the Baits Go By.jpg
116KB, 500x500px
>>53327485
>>
File: 180.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
180.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
One of these days I'm actually going get to trigger his ability.
>>
>>53310776
>>53310776
>>53310776
>>53310776
>>53310776
Previous thread, btw.
>>
>>53327504
>get back time warp
4c is best c
>>
>>53327504
Use him with Saskia.
>>
File: 3.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53327418
It's a pretty good promo.
>>
So I built a generic Niv Mizzet Firemind deck out of spare shit I had laying around. Mostly counterspells, bounce, and wheel effects. Other than Curiosity and the obligatory Cyclonic Rift what important shit do I need to get for the deck?
>>
>>53327555
Ophidian Eye.
>>
>>53327555
How is it any fun to play Curiosity or Opidian eye? You play them, draw your deck and win the game. How is this fun?
>>
>>53327685
because drawing your whole deck is going to be about 70 damage at most
and you have to do about 120 damage
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
111KB, 223x311px
>>53327729
There are several cards that allow you to shuffle cards back into your library and because you draw your entire deck you're guaranteed to get them.
>>
File: 215.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
215.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>53327504
Speaking of critters that you wish would connect someday...
>>
>>53327803
yeah but that requires you to have more mana up to do that
>>
>>53327831
So what? Why wouldn't have that mana?
>>
>>53327864
because its early in the game?
it puts your winning turn farther into the game
>>
>>53327685
It's not fun.

But guess what? Neither is getting all your shit countered, or your shit locked down, or watching someone fortify impenetrable defenses until they find their win con, or having someone one shot you with infect on turn 4, or a litany of other bullshit that people do in "casual EDH" on a regular basis.

Again, let's go back to the fucking MLD Praetors meme, because it's absolutely right. "If you're going to play bullshit, I'm going to play bullshit."
>>
>>53327885
You're 30 cards deep "early in the game"?
>>
>>53327900
For a while, I used to have a "No Kid Gloves" deck that I only brought out when people were getting uppity with their pubstomp shit and needed to be put in their place.

Then I realized I didn't even enjoy winning those games. So when people take EDH more seriously than I find 'fun', I just politely decline to play with them.
>>
>>53327885
Why are we talking about which turn it happens? It's a miserable way to win the game. You have your commander out, cast curiosity on him and *poof* you won.
>>
>>53327932
I just never want to be in a game that I never had a chance to win in the first place, because then I sit at the table watching some faggot combo out and all I can think about is "Mother fucking fuck, I could have just stayed home tonight and played with my kid until Better Call Saul came on and then watched that live rather than tomorrow morning online... Why didn't I just stay home?"

I'd rather just be able to know that I can win a game even if the faggot to my right has a $600 deck.
>>
>>53327900
Your meta sounds miserable. Where I play it's nothing like that. You should get other people to play with.
>>
>>53327957
But what about if they counterspell the curiosity and then they cast craterhoof next turn and kill you?
>>
>>53327975
Eh, I can dig that. Personally I just don't find the turbo-cutthroat games fun even if I win. I'd rather lose an interesting game than win a boring one. So there's people in my area that I know will only ever build "OP" decks (in reality: pubstomp shit) and I just don't enjoy playing with them, so I decline.
>>
>>53327994
It's the same level of bullshit. What is your point?
>>
First time building Kokusho, how did i do?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-05-17-big-black-deck/
I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>53328043
Change the name to Big Black Clock.
>>
>>53328043
Boring/10

It's effective but uninteresting, almost the definition of what I'd expect a kokopuffs deck to be.
>>
>>53328071
Done
>>
>>53327957
>It's a miserable way to win the game
4u

the later in the game you go for the combo the higher the chance that someone will disrupt it
>>
Do you consider Rhystic Study a blue staple? I'm thinking about getting one and I'm wondering how often I'll get to use it. I'd imagine I could slot it into just about anything, but opinions are nice. The deck in question I want it for is Kruphix clones.
>>
>>53328157
And some people don't like "Does anyone have a counterspell? No? This game is immediately over." wins. Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone does, friend.
>>
>>53328190
It's stuuuuuupid good.
>>
>>53328194
>implying counterspell is the only way to stop it
game has to end somehow
>>
>>53328043
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-05-17-big-black-deck/
looks pretty fun
>>53328082
It's effective but uninteresting
its running burnished hart, its nowhere near effective
>>
>>53328277
Yes, the game does have to end somehow.

I'm just not a big fan of "If none of you have a counterspell in hand RIGHT NOW, this game is immediately over, invalidating everything else anyone has done up to this point, because I cast one spell".
>>
>>53328277
Of course the game has to end somehow, but the game ending out of the blue through a two card combo is lame horseshit. Also no one debates that you can potentially stop the combo and it doesn't matter since this is about the cases where the combo works, the reason you put the card in the deck in the first place.
>>
>>53328373
I hate the one-cards even more.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone spend their first 3 turns ramping, and then go "Everyone tapped out? Cool. Tooth and Nail, entwined. Find Kiki-Jiki and Pestermite. I win."
>>
>>53328307
In what way burnished hart is bad?
It brings in 2 swamps wich makes coffers, magus and all the mana doublers even better when they eventually hit the field also it's the second best colorless ramp and sad robot is already in there
>>
>>53328324
Do you also complain about getting one shot by a xenagod deck?
>Oh no I don't have a counter spell or creature removal I died!!!!
>>
>>53328208
Good enough for me.
>>
>>53328419
I mean, that's not a lot of fun either, no. Sometimes it's stupid on my part (not trying to have a blocker or removal when I know they have a Xenagos, because that's their Commander), but if they drop a Turn 4 Xenagos and I don't happen to have disruption in hand for their Turn 5 Malignus? Yeah, I'm kinda pissy.

I don't like "Because I resolved this spell, you immediately lose". It's fucking boring.
>>
>>53328405
I love doing that
You should see your opponents faces after they didn't catch on the first time that your primary game plan is Kiki combo
Usually someone eventually catches on and puts some pressure on but you always get at least one guy who acts like a spoiled child just because his deck has no interaction or cards under 4 cmc
>>
>>53328471
I mean, my decks have plenty of interaction, it's just that I don't always -have- them. Like I said, I'm not saying you're having badwrongfun, but I don't like feeling like I -have- to mulligan until I have a counterspell just to live past turn 4.
>>
>>53328455
This is why I would rather just get good rather than complain
Because it's easy to see coming and even easier to stop
>>
>>53328501
>Easy to see coming
You know why Pegasus lost to Yugi in the final battle of Duelist Kingdom (besides 'the plot demanded it', anyway)?

Just because you know something is coming doesn't mean you can stop it. I can KNOW they're gonna drop a Malignus or a Putrefax next turn, but if I don't -have- the disruption in hand (and that's entirely possible in a 100 card singleton format), it doesn't matter. I know exactly what their plan is, but if I don't have the means to stop them... well, I can't.
>>
>>53328488
If you are packing less than 10% removal in your deck in a meta where a turn 3 NIV Miz is a legitimate concern then it's your problem
Not only that but you have at least one other opponent who should be aware of this possibility, verbally if nessessary

This notion that decks need to all attack on the same axis is cancer for this format
>>
>>53328410
it also has a nasty synergy with Emeria Shepherd
>>
>>53328562
You misunderstand. I'm not talking about refusing to adapt in the face of a competitive meta.

I'm talking about the meta being people with relatively lower-powered decks who enjoy battleship Magic, and every now and then some fuckhead decides to BUILD "Turn 4 Tooth and Nail" type decks. It's not that we're refusing to build to our meta, it's that some asshole is being the big fish in a little pond and it's not very fun for us.

No, not all decks need to attack on the same axis. I never argued that, so please stop putting words in my mouth. The "cancer" of the format is people who insist that their preferred way of playing is the ONLY way. If you like cutthroat games that end on turn 4, that's fine! It's a casual format- meaning the entire point is "To enjoy yourself". If that's how you have fun, bully for you, and I truly mean that- it's just not how -I- have fun. Neither of us are wrong until we try to force that on other people. If I showed up to a Turn 3 Niv meta with my decks and then bitched nonstop about how everyone needs to dial down to my power level, I would be a dick. Conversely, when people build Animar so they can combo off on turn 4 against a bunch of goofy theme decks, THEY are the asshole.
>>
>>53328540
>You know why Pegasus lost to Yugi in the final battle of Duelist Kingdom (besides 'the plot demanded it', anyway)?
Because he was unprepared for one of the most basic aspects of the game and only put one or two high cost removal spells in his deck
I have no idea how yugio works desu but in magic if you do not come prepared with removal and you are planning to win with a midrange or gradual combat damage deck then you are bad at deck building
>>
Are there any big unanswered lore questions left in MTG? Also did anything more every happen with that tree thing from way back when
>>
>>53328634
>No, not all decks need to attack on the same axis. I never argued that
Your primary complaint is that people bring decks that win in a single turn
That is axis even casual decks should be prepared for
>>
>>53328648
>Come prepared for removal
I can put 20 removal spells in my deck. That doesn't mean I will -always fucking have one-.

My point is not that these are unfair strategies, or unbeatable. My point is that you have exactly one chance to stop them, and if you don't have an answer at that exact moment, the game is immediately over, and I personally do not find that fun.
>>
>>53328670
No, my complaint is that people bring pubstomp decks to casual tables to feel like big shots. Stop demonizing people whose philosophy is not WAAC.
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (24KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
24KB, 223x310px
>>53328658
Do we know what happened to domineria after Barrin cast obliterate?
>>
>>53328691
Tolaria got BTFO
>>
>>53328691
The entirety of Tolaria got magical-nuked, basically. Some time later, they rebuilt the Academy at Tolaria West. Then a time rift opened near the old school.
>>
>>53328677
>unfair strategies
And my point is that you are acting like a bitch for complaining about combo even in a causal environment
NIV is a fucking 6 drop for crying out loud
I'm colors with little to no tutoring
You pretty much have gamble, long term plans and a few "draw replacement to get exiled spells" effects
Furthermore it's unreasonable to expect people to play the craw wurm meta if you are playing with random people
And if he's in your meta you better recognize when it's time to play big dumb creatures.dek and when it's time to play edh
>>
>>53328758
>Craw Wurm meta
Again, you're demonizing me as throwing a fit because people are trying to win. Please stop intentionally misrepresenting my stance.

I understand Niv is a 6 drop. I understand red and blue don't have a lot of tutoring. Blue also happens to have the best card draw in the game, and it's not hard for someone to drop a Niv on turn 4, and much more likely he's dropped on turn 5.

Again, I am not saying these are unfair strategies. I am not saying they are OP, or unbeatable, or invincible. I fully understand that they can be disrupted. My point is, I am not a fan of "Because you do not -have- disruption in your hand at this exact moment, you lose". I don't like "whoops I win", because it's boring to me.

It's not because I'm a scrub, or because I expect the power level to stop at "Craw Wurm", it's because I don't like "You didn't have one of the 10 cards in your deck that can stop me, so I win". It's just boring.
>>
>>53328410
It's very very slow
I mean sure if nobody does anything but ramp and card filter for the first 4 turns of the game I guess it's ok in non green decks but you effectively timewalk yourself by playing it
>>
>>53328758
Dude, who got your fucking panties in a twist? Don't you have goalposts to complain about?
>>
>>53328812
>Timewalk yourself
I must have missed Burnished Heart's ETB trigger that lets all your opponents draw a card and play an extra land.
>>
>>53327807
Reanimate it. I use dimir doppelganger to smash people with it, or body snatcher to dump and then revive it. My favorite play is casting rite of reflections on it kicked and smashing face with my opponents hand.
>>
>>53328849
You spend 6 Mana and 2 turns doing something that should cost 4 Mana and 1 turn
>>
>>53328854
I've tried those but he's too big of a removal magnet. And I've yet to see him hit the table alongside a Greaves/Boots.
>>
>>53328872
What colorless card do you know of that fetches 2 lands for 4 mana spent in one turn?

I agree if you have access to green, there's far better options like Skyshroud Claim and Explosive Vegetation, but outside of green the closest thing I can think of is Solemn Simulacrum, which only finds one land (although it doesn't die in the process, and draws you a card when it DOES die)
>>
>>53327345
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/commander_1v1#paper
It's even worse than Standard.
>>
>>53327485
It's actually pretty shitty in multiplayer.
In 1v1 it's ridiculous, but it's not meant to be played 1v1 just like True Name Nemesis and Ruhan.
>>
Post your top 5 EDH generals
>Nekusar
>Prossh
>Maelstrom Wanderer
>Vela
>Doran
>>
File: Silent-Blade.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Silent-Blade.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>53327807
MOVE ASIDE GRANDPA
>>
>>53329027
>6/5 and no trample
you are like little baby I like both tho,
and Oni seems easier to connect at least once
>>
File: Higure.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Higure.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>53329046
Do you even weeb, senpai?
>>
Repeatable Threaten effects just aren't a thing, huh? Guess I'll have to rethink this Sek'kuar deck.
>>
>>53329004
>Queen Marchesa
>Mogis
>Meren
>Saskia
>Gisa
>>
>>53329214
No, there's a few- just not many, and they take a little hoop-jumping.

Might Makes Right, Helm of Possession, Zealous Conscripts/Molten Primordial/Conquering Masticore combined with a way to bounce them, Aladdin + Liquimetal Coating, Crown of Empires + the Scepter and Throne. You can also use Olivia or Captivating Vampire.
>>
File: Image (54).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (54).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53329214
>>
>>53329004
>Selvala (GW)
>Radha
>Flip Jace
>Yasova
>Erebos
>>
>>53329214
If you want a repeatable threaten effect you're gonna want Yasova.
>>
>>53329004
Kalemne
W/B Daxos
Bruse-Akiri
Gay Kangz
Obzedat
>>
File: f7a.jpg (25KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
f7a.jpg
25KB, 500x400px
>mfw all my blue EDH decks runs a copy of stasis
>mfw all my red EDH decks runs a copy of Heartless Hidetsugu

Do you have any cards you tend to auto-include in every deck just because you can?
>>
>>53327685
Combos are a mainstay in EDH. At least this one actually kills people, as opposed to a stax lock or a capsize loop.
>>
>>53329451
Sheoldred
>>
>>53327984
It's called big boy magic
>>
>>53329451
Those are kinda odd autoincludes.
>>
>>53328540
Nigger are you actually going to try and use thd Yu-Gi-Oh anime to justify not playing good magic?
>>
>>53329451
Plains
>>
File: Mystic Remora.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic Remora.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53328190
Don't forget Mystic Remora. Its cheaper in cost, nearly as good but doesn't bring the threat level that the study does.
>>
File: CLLDUUo_d.jpg (43KB, 499x302px) Image search: [Google]
CLLDUUo_d.jpg
43KB, 499x302px
>>53329597
>Stasis
>Odd auto-include

It buys time by temporarily stalling the game. Also I can't believe that someone actually made a pornographic drawing of Stasis art
>>
>>53329451
Cyclonic rift in every blue deck
Boomeranging an early game commander can save you just as much as a full board wipe.
>>
>>53329744
Also people are going to pay for Study, but you'll get two free turns of draws for a Remora.
>>
What's the best simic commander of the 3 kruphix, edric, or Rashmi?
>>
>>53329957
Edric.
>>
>>53329957
Edric > massive power gap > Kruphix > Rashmi
>>
>>53327685
To me, combos are good because they help keep people from wanting to scoop. You'll be happier playing if you can think "I could still win this as long as I draw X", no matter how hopeless the situation is otherwise.
>>
>>53329451
I always have Seal of Cleansing when possible for nothing else than Sun Titan synergy. I'm also extremely fond of Necromancy.
>>
File: Ravos-Tymna-Title-Art[1].png (669KB, 1180x472px) Image search: [Google]
Ravos-Tymna-Title-Art[1].png
669KB, 1180x472px
I wanna make a "bears" deck.
Not avtual bear tribal ofc.
Nor cleric tribal.
Just a bunch of low 3 cmc goodstuff, no actual planned synergy either.
Was thinking BW with Tymna and Ravos as partner commanders
Help?
I'm a timmy, don't know how to use low cmc cards or what their names are.
I want Sun Titan party.
>>
>>53330171
>B/W bears

Usually the "best" bear decks tend to lean towards G/W
>>
>>53330171
>>53330202
Alesha is also an obvious easy direction to go in.
>>
>>53330202
Ravos and Sidar?
Saskia?
I just want help with good 1 to 3 cmc creatures.
That either create card advantage, tokens, or just good at dealing damage.
>>
>>53330233
ooooh yes ofc
that's obvious
haha!
HUMAN WARRIORS TRIBAL!
>>
>>53330171
The BEST hate bear deck is Captain Sisay, since it makes her tap read "T: Laugh in target opponent's face." Gaddock Teeg, both Sigardas, and Anafenza the Foremost are also really good.
>>
>>53329744
Remora is a slightly different animal. If you drop it early on, you'll probably draw 3-4 cards off of it before you stop paying the upkeep to move on with your gameplan, because NOBODY will pay the 4.

Study sticks around longer, and will take "longer" to get you as many cards because people will pay, but it can also really fuck up their tempo in the first few turns, too.
>>
>>53330249
I mean, if you're relying on 1-3 mana dudes in EDH, you're gonna have a bad time. The reason Hatebears 'works' in Modern and Legacy is they can hate out strategies and beat to death with 2/2s. That's not a great strategy against 3 players with 40 life.
>>
>>53330171
Aven Mindcensor, Oblivion Ring, Grand Abolisher, Blind Obedience, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Thalia, Heretic Cathar, Darksteel Mutation, Grasp of Fate, Blood Artist, Zulaport Cuthroat. Play things like Phyrexian Arena/Necropotence for added gains and cheap black and white kill spells and board wipes.
>>
>>53330530
This is one of those classic "Use vs. Abuse" situations. If you try to make a deck that's just low CMC and that's your only advantage, it'll go poorly for you. However, there are plenty of things you can do that take advantage having low cost creatures that you can break.
>>
>>53330354
I disagree
Gw Selvala lets you break parody with winter orb hokori and Armageddon much better and either anifenz the 4 most/ the ghost chieftain or derevi will be better as well
>>
>>53331102
>break parody

That's "parity".
>>
>>53329451
>survival of the fittest
>sylvan scrying
>bop
>mirri's guile
>eternal witness

seriously give me a reason to not play green.
>>
File: Image (2).png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).png
137KB, 223x311px
This guy can target himself when he's embalmed, right?

Since he can only make one token unblockable each turn, I'm assuming the bigger the token the better. I'm guessing a heavy control/permission deck with a few fatty token creatures (Dark Depths, Phyerixan Rebirth, Rush of Tentacles, Batterskull, Metallurgic Summonings kind of). There are also quite a few spells that can make 4/4 Angel tokens, but those feel kind of small.

Maybe also add a couple of useful equipments/enchantents (hexproof, pump, swords of yadda yadda, etc.) as an alternative Voltron route, if it comes to that.

I don't think the "let me make a bunch of 1/1s" route matches his abilities particularly well. What do you think?
>>
>>53331102
G/W Selvala doesn't give you guaranteed mana, and it helps people draw deeper to break your lock. You might whiff entirely and get 0 mana out of her.
>>
>>53331194
Correct. The Embalmed version is a creature token, and since it doesn't say 'another', you can target Temmet with his own ability. Note that if Temmet is your Commander, the token is not, and will not deal Commander damage.
>>
>>53331194
You can also have Temmet, and unlimited embalmed versions of him, assuming you have the mana, because the token doesn't specify legendary.
>>
>>53331240
Reminder text is not rules text. The token version of Temmet is exactly the same as the regular version, except

1) It doesn't have a mana cost
2) It's white instead of any other colors
3) It's a token
4) It's a Zombie in addition to the other types

It retains the Legendary supertype.
>>
>>53331240
No, Temmet tokens will be Legendary, and even get Legend ruled by actual Temmet himself.
>>
>>53331228
>>53331240

Ah, the token isn't legendary, but doesn't count as the Commander. Good to know. Thanks!

That said, without the "resilient voltron" aspect to his gameplan he kind of looks a little too boring now.
>>
>>53331264
>>53331283

Oh boy, the token IS legendary, but doesn't deal Commander damage? That sucks a little bit more than I thought
>>
>>53331264
>>53331269
Well shit, I thought I was being sneaky. I guess "copy" is specific enough because any other copy would function the same way.
>>
>>53327485
>skim through last thread
>durr why would you cast removal on vial smasher instead of this more dangerous thing

Do people seriously not run board wipes as their primary way to deal with creatures? It's one of the most basic forms of card advantage there is.
I've stopped using non-repeatable creature removal with an exception only for things that can hit anything like Beast Within, Anguished Unmaking and Chaos Warp and maybe Path/Swords if I have spare slots.
>>
>>53331292
You're not thinking about it hard enough. You cast panharmonichon, embalm your commander, cast desolation twin, cast infinite reflection on desolation twin and then cast your commander.
>>
>>53331292
It doesn't deal Commander damage because it isn't your Commander. It's a token copy.

"Commander-ness" is inherent to the actual physical card, and isn't copiable.
>>
>>53331319
The argument re: Board wipes was "you would protect her if she was the focal point" or "She'll have done 30-50 damage by the time someone casts a Wrath".

Neither were very good arguments.
>>
>>53327345
Faggot who forgot the thread name edition. Seriously, commit Sudoku.

Nice thread question, though

>who's your favorite big dumb beatstick?
I have an unreasonable fondness for Bartel Runeaxe.
>>
>>53331350
>And then cast your Commander
And then you're back down to only having one Temmet because Legend Rule.
>>
>>53331389
Temmet is begging for Mirror Gallery. It's normally a shit choice in EDH because singleton, but he will reliably come in multiples.
>>
>>53331375
must be a slow Friday night if you are throwing down the judge laws in the EDH thread.
>>
>>53329762
Source on that Stasis and your pic? I know the pic's Hirame, but which doujin?
>>
How do I make a BXX reanimator deck?

I understand the general concept. You throw cool creatures, cheap reanimator, and use your "rave" yard as a second hand. What I don't understand is, how do you pick the creatures? Which reanimator is better than others? Is mass reanimator ever good? How much reanimator do you run?

I've spent a lot of time acquiring a bunch of powerful things, but now I have no idea what to do with them. If I stick it all in one deck, I'll have no ramp or removal and get clogged with a godforsaken mana curve. I have basically everything you could want, and else under $100 for a single is fair game.
>>
File: Clone.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Clone.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>53331479
>Now neither of us will be blocked!
>>
>>53331538
Eh, slow night in the Judge thread. Going to dinner with my family in a bit, though.
>>
>>53328658
Does Doomsday represent a specific event in lore like Obliterate?
>>
>>53331389
>Nontoken creatures you control enter the battlefield as a copy of enchanted creature
no you get a 30/30 over 3 bodies.
>>
>>53331641
Generally the point of reanimation is either using the same things over and over (EX: Karador + Shriekmaw/Fleshbag Marauder), or getting big threats back for cheap (Ex: T1 Entomb an Elesh Norn, T2 Animate Dead on her). If you're going the "reanimate big shit", you want things that have an immediate impact on the board, so even if they get killed again you're still gaining advantage (Think Primordials, Titans, Elesh Norn, Rune-Scarred Demon) and if left unchecked will run away with the game. You'll want cheap reanimation (Animate Dead, Exhume, Reanimate, those kind of things. You'll also want ways to fill graveyards up- self-mill is common, and you'll want discard outlets in case shit gets stuck in your hand.

If you're going the Karador-esque route, you want things that die for value, or things that give value on ETB and some sac outlets, as well as repeatable rez, usually baked into your Commander (Karador or Meren are great examples).
>>
>>53331641
Reanimator isn't one strategy, it's three.

Type 1 Reanimator: Yard something incredible and game-winning that you could never hardcast in anything resembling time and Exhume or otherwise cheaply reanimate it to win the game almost instantly. Tends to see cards like Sutured Ghoul as the payload (As per Cephalid Breakfast) but one-hit reanimates like Nicol Bolas (to get an insurmountable advantage) and Phage (With Stifle/Torpor orb) are also possible even if they do not LITERALLY win the game right away. With some clever timing, an Eldrazi Titan can do wonders... The "tall" combo variant.

Type 2 Reanimator aims to mill its whole* library (and possibly those of others?) and then resolve Living Death (or Rise of the Dark Realms) FTW, either because their 'yard had an infinite combo in it or just because they have an insurmountable lead. This type is generally slower but more resilient. The "wide" combo variant.

Type 3 Reanimator plays the long game. Rather than reanimate a win right away, they focus on grinding their opponents down. Karador is the poster child for this: you pay full mana and only reanimate once per turn, but something is coming back every turn. With cards like Attrition and Grave Pact, eventually your mad recursion leaves you as the only one with stuff left. Often runs a Stax package. More likely to use token generation+Malevolent Awakening, Karador, and/or Meren than Living Death. Essentially the control rather than combo variant.
>>
Been looking for a Land Tax when I stumbled across Gift of Estates, which is approximately ten times cheaper. What I want to ask is, is it an acceptable replacement for Land Tax for a Boros deck? (I don't run Sunforger though, so I can't abuse it to search Mistveil Plains) Or is it just plain too slow for that?
>>
>>53331782
The card is fine and sunforger cannot search for it so it wouldnt be the worst to play.
>>
>>53331782
It's... okay. The big power for Land Tax is that it comes down on turn 1 and happens every turn that you're "behind" on lands. Gift of Estates costs twice as much mana, to be useful once. The only thing it really has going for it is that it can find duals/shocks, but even them I'm not super impressed by it.

It'll work, but Land Tax is pretty much objectively better.
>>
>>53331729
Desolation twin is a cast trigger.
>>
>>53331713
It's the Oracke en-Vec's prophecy of the "bad end" to the Weatherlight Saga. Which in a freakish meta bit of lore was "Supposed to be the canon end": Commodore Guff's infinite library held ALL books, including the books that told the fate of all Dominia (implied to be the out-of-universe novel you're reading). His books said Yawgmoth won utterly, but facing down the reality of it he destroyed that ending so that there would be a chance for their reality to play out a different way.

The weatherlight saga got really freeking weird.
>>
>>53331821
Of course it's worse because it costs 1 mana, I'm just worried whether it won't be a too big setback to just settle for Gift.
>>
File: Image (12).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (12).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Cards that shouldn't be banned, I'll start.
>>
>>53331746
>>53331777
Okay, this is perfect. Thanks anons!

Let's say I want to mill my whole library and use shenanigans to reanimate all the cards in everyone's graveyards. What are the best ways to mill giant chunks of cards? I'm thinking the obvious answer is smacking myself with a traumatize, or to run self mill cards like Forgotten Creation and Deadbridge Chant, but that's hardly dumping my entire yard and reanimating an insurmountable advantage. Deep down I really want to do something Rakdos, but discard seems like a horribly inefficient outlet to reanimate things, and I'd like to use some of my neat cards like Twilight's call and Bathor.
>>
>>53331864
Biorhythm. There is no reason Tooth and Nail should be legal and it shouldn't be.
>>
>>53331840
I mean, it's objectively worse than Land Tax. It's not so bad it doesn't deserve a slot, but I'd just drop the tenner and buy a Land Tax, man.
>>
Had a rules question come up last time.

Coat of Arms, Warstorm Surge, and Where Ancients Tread in play.

Cast Firecat Blitz for X=6.

Does Where Ancients Tread trigger? Does Warstorm Surge do 1 damage for each cat or does the Coat of Arms boost apply?
>>
>>53331864
Leovold and Braids.

They should be banned as commanders. Bring back the banned as commander list damnit.
>>
>>53331822
Hmm u tru.
>>
>>53331872
Well, if you wanna mill yourself out entirely all at once, Hermit Druid, but that's a "reanimation deck" the same way Food Chain is a "burn deck". Generally you're going to be milling chunks at a time via Dredge and things like that, rather than your whole deck in one swoop. Rakdos really doesn't do well for reanimation- you want G/B in there, ideally, because that gives you a lot of good self-mill and reanimation and ramp.
>>
>>53331901
There's never a time the tokens are on the field and NOT getting the bonus from Coat of Arms. You put 6 "1/1" cats onto the field, but the moment they touch the field, they're 6/6s because they share a type with 5 other creatures. They will trigger Where Ancients Tread.

Also, Warstorm Surge doesn't check the creature's power until the trigger resolves. If you played a Raging Goblin and hit it with Stonewood Invocation in response to the Surge trigger (and nothing else fucked with it), it'd hit for 6, because it has 6 power as that trigger resolves.
>>
>>53331907
Sheldon said he would ban sol ring, prossh and cyclonic rift if he did banned as commander. So take the threat as a threat and dont play edh, play wotc commander.
>>
File: Image (13).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (13).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53331864
Is this banned? If not, why not?
>>
File: tmp_15079-12383.hq1512883401.jpg (218KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15079-12383.hq1512883401.jpg
218KB, 480x680px
>>53331864
Unf
>>
>>53331958
It's not banned because it either takes a million turns of setup or hilarious work to fire it off, and Balance is rendered largely fucking toothless by firing off on your upkeep after 6 turns.
>>
>>53331864
upheaval
>>
File: tmp_15079-8883.hq730347069.jpg (179KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15079-8883.hq730347069.jpg
179KB, 480x680px
>>53331864
Unf unf
>>
>>53331956
>Sheldon said he would ban sol ring, prossh and cyclonic rift if he did banned as commander
Okay, and the negative side is...?
>>
File: 1416387788147.jpg (127KB, 980x572px) Image search: [Google]
1416387788147.jpg
127KB, 980x572px
>>53331985

>Upheaval unbanned
>Time Spiral 2 prints Mega Psychotog as a legendary
>>
>>53331956
I have a Sol Ring in every deck, and I would throw it to the curb if it meant Rift and Prossh ate it alongside it.
>>
>>53331956
>if he did a good thing, he would do three other good things
woe is me
>>
File: 42.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>53331982
>hilarious work to fire it off
>>
>>53332080
Still requires two cards, not to mention balance requires setup itself.
>>
>>53331956
Other than possibly Prossk, what does any of that have to do with Banned As Commander? Is Sheldon just perpetually high?
>>
>>53327345
Dakkon Blackblade is fat and stylish.
>>
>>53329084
How do you run Silent-Blade Oni in a Higure edh deck?

"Ninja trickery" is an acceptable answer.
>>
>>53329333
Aladdin's really good.
>>
>>53330171
Sidar and thrasios hate bears is a fun deck, Sidar and bears keep you ahead, and your creatures unblock able while thrasios draws the lands you need when before your turn when you hold up interaction.
>>
>>53331996
>>53332066
>>53332019
Those werent the only cards, but other than derevi none of the other cards deserved the attention.
>>
>>53332133
Because in sheldons world if he bans cards that needs to be banned he needs to destroy any card in proximity to that card in his friends deck.
>>
>>53328758
Did you even read the post before quoting it?
>>
>>53331102
GW Selvala definitely isn't a bad Stax commander, but Captain Sisay is much better because of her ability to cut randomness to zero. Need to slow the game down? Tutor up a Hokori. Need to speed yourself up? Grab a Paradox Engine, it's Legendary, why not! Your opponent is running Oldrazi? Sigarda! Army of little creatures? Elesh Norn! Combo? Thalia, Guardian of Thraben! Shut them down entirely with Linvala! Hatebears can either be predictive or reactive, but either way you have to factor in what your opponent's plan is, and Selvala is worse at that than Sisay. Otherwise you end up throwing down a Teeg when they're running a low curve and no X spells and have him do nothing.
>>
>>53332561
Forgot that you can also break mana parity by grabbing a Gaea's Cradle or Nykthos.
>>
>>53331956
>Sheldon said he would ban sol ring, prossh and cyclonic rift if he did banned as commander.

I'm more surprised those cards aren't banned in the first place.
>>
>>53333915
Appearently they were graciously saved from banning by the mastermind sheldon, if he had kept two banning categories appearently these cards would have gotten their justified bans.
>>
Downloaded MODO so I can play an actual format.

Fuck Sheldon.
>>
>>53334318
I'm not a big fan of Sheldor either, but you don't need to lie to make him look bad.

The article was about bloating up the banned list. He said that if he was going to use banned as a commander again and bloat the banned list even further, he would go all the way and ban a lot of the cards people have problems with.

His argument was something along the lines of "if you are going to add 20 rules to a game you were trying to keep simple, you already fucked up enough that you can make it 23 rules instead to keep people happy"
>>
File: Image.jpg (79KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
79KB, 223x310px
>>53327345
>who's your favorite big dumb beatstick?

And he just keeps getting bigger and dumber.

Once, I cast him seven times in a game.
>>
Why do people have such a big problem with Cyclonic Rift? It's really not that big of a deal. Every color has good shit already anyway and there are worse offenders than Rift.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 256x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 256x351px
Never-playable? Impossible to utilize in a meaningful way?
>>
>>53328810
>Blue has the best card draw in the game
What is black?
>>
>>53334606
I suppose because it's almost auto-include in blue?
>>
File: 1425019800554.gif (82KB, 320x301px) Image search: [Google]
1425019800554.gif
82KB, 320x301px
>Build a Vorosh deck.
>Everyone in my playgroup think it's going to be big, dumb Timmy ramp and stamp.
>It's actually Sultai Infinite combos with Vorosh as an alternate wincon.
>>
File: shin megami tensei.jpg (109KB, 454x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shin megami tensei.jpg
109KB, 454x1200px
Just got back from "pretty casual" edh night at my lgs. First pod paired me against mono green surrak, totally not combo breya, and labman tasigur. Needless to say I'm not going back
>>
>>53334851
Something pretty conditional? Ad nauseum is great but scary.
>>
>>53335432
>He had pairings

If there is any prize support on the line for winning you were a stupid fucker for competing in the first place.

You can still use those places to find chill people to invite out to play edh with you though
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
Any secret tech vs Azami or tech for Queen M?
I just can't think of anything content other than mardu_goodstuff.dek
>>
>>53331600
Read all of the doujin's
Just Google "Stasis hentai MTG"
and it's literally the first image
>>
>>53335501

>You can still use those places to find chill people to invite out to play edh with you though
>dude $2000+ deck lmao

Fuck off with your finding "chill" people and the prize support was shit.
>>
>>53335571
>There was prize support

You can just say you are stupid.
Enjoy not having a playgroup because you have no social skills anon~
>>
>>53335607
Prize support was store credit and only for top 4
>Enjoy not having a playgroup because you have no social skills anon
Already have a group who is fun, nice attempt to project
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Quit magic a few years ago but I was huge into edh. Alot of my friends recently got into it because its "casual and fun".

Should I invest in a deck or two and show them how casual and fun Death Cloud is?
>>
>>53335677
No. Go back to your cave.
>>
>>53335645
Anon, if you already have a group why did you go compete for prizes? The lack of prize support is the only thing that stops EDH from turning into singleton legacy.

If you didn't realize that you might be a little retarded
>>
File: 1495145147874.jpg (460KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495145147874.jpg
460KB, 900x900px
>>53335709
Because I wanted to meet and play with different people and support my lgs? Is ig my fault the owner said its "ultra casual" and first pod is back to basics into winter orb?
>>
>>53327471
A friend of mine was telling me about how the timing mechanics of that card are extremely weird.
>>
>>53335757
>Is it my fault for thinking it would be ultra casual?

Yes. You are literally competing for prizes by definition the matches are competitive.

What you are saying is you shouldn't be to blame if you stuck your hand in fire because someone told you it was cold. And you are an extra heaping helping of stupid because the guy that told you that profits from the burn ward.
>>
>>53335825
You sound very spiteful did your parents not love you?
>>
>>53335772
They are. Because that stupid fucking card exists you cant put cards in a different order when looking through your library.
>>
>>53335866
>Having parents

Fucking casual, I was born an adult male, preprogrammed to make fun of idiots on the internet.
>>
>>53335909
Well at least you acknowledge that you're a loser and an idiot
>>
>>53335964
>You sound very spiteful did your parents not love you?
>>
File: 1494223527805.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494223527805.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>53336017
Is that all you got fag? Your shitpost game is weak
>>
>>53336037
Well at least you acknowledge that you're a loser and an idiot
>>
>>53336048
>Wow you must have a lot of friends
>You must be fun at parties
>Did your parents not love you
>I'm sorry someone hurt you
I'm not the only person that hates this kind of shitposting, right?
>>
>>53336225
He's some dumb Reddit normie, ignore him.
>>
File: 1492449089882.jpg (176KB, 856x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492449089882.jpg
176KB, 856x540px
>>53336225

It's pretty bottom of the barrel.

>tfw Mox Diamond is like $75 now
>>
>>53327497
ONCE IN A LIFETIME

LET THE WATER HOLD ME DOWN
>>
>>53336291
Dude stop buying near mint cards
>>
>>53337381

I wanted a foil.
>>
File: EN_NicolBolas_4_Gallery.jpg (193KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
EN_NicolBolas_4_Gallery.jpg
193KB, 1200x675px
look at all these Timmies, wheres the Vorthos love?
>>
bolas is not impressed
>>
>>53335677
Build Mazirek.
>>
>>53337625
I'm waiting for Archenemy:Nicol Bolas and Hour of Devastation spoilers. I want a Bolas legend and a Bolas 'walker and a bunch of grixis cards like Cruel Ultimatum
>>
Man, I'm too lazy to sell all my foils and get like two or more non-foil versions of those cards from that money, even though I know it's the sensible thing to do. It's just such a hassle.
>>
>>53335350
I see nothing wrong with that. Every color has some.
>>
>>53335866
He's absolutely right though. Everything about that situation screams competitive and you decided to take it on word alone that it would be casual. And you yourself said you wanted to meet people, just because you run into some spikes doesn't mean you can't meet someone chill.
>>
>>53335432
Those are all casual decks.
>>
>>53334515
The banned as a commander list would only be 4 or 5 additions so, but Sheldon in all his glory said "If we reintroduced that list we'd have to ban 15 other cards because why have a list and not use it" which is fucking stupid because he could also just not do that and people would be happy.

The definition of a false dilemma.
>>
>>53338385
For real. A smaller list is a good thing. Just because you have one doesn't mean it needs to be inflated.
>>
>>53338385
Except it wasn't "we'd have to" it was "if we are going to ban a bunch of new cards, why not take it all the way and ban the other 8 or so that people bitch about"

I want a smaller banlist. A lot of the shit on there doesn't make any sense with what we have unbanned (gifts isn't ok, but survival, hulk and TnN are all fine?). But if you are going to add another rule (banned as commander), then ban 4-5 more cards as commanders, what does it really hurt to slap fast mana onto the list (another 4 cards or so) in addition to another 3 or 4 cards that casuals hate for fun reasons? That was the what he was saying. If they already fucked up their mission statement on trying not to bloat the rules and list they might as well go all the way.
>>
>>53338660
Because fast mana and banned as commander aren't the same thing? Also, the problem with most of the banned commanders is that they can only be built in "unfun" ways (erayo, braids, leovold), while commanders like prossh can be built just fine in a casual way.

Also, their argument about "why not then just ban fast mana" is fucking stupid, there's no reason to tie those together.
The banlist wouldn't even get any bigger, it would just have a subcategory.

Also, how he said "we'd ban GAAIV too then" is fucking retarded since stasis and the orb brothers are still running around.
>>
>>53338660
You realize that making the banned commanders on the ban list only banned as a commander wouldn't add to the banlist? It would just be a small extra rule, in play it would effectively make the banlist smaller since you can play more cards.

And the thoughtprocess of "why not just go all the way then" just baffles me.
It's like someone asks you to buy them a sandwich and you come back with 30 sandwiches with the argument "well yoy asked me for one small thing, so why not just go all the way then". I don't want you to go all the way, I just want the one small change and so does everyone else, since a rofellos or braids in the 99 wouldn't even be that degenerate.
>>
>>53338731
>>53338776
Shit like Derevi, Prossh, or GAAIV don't even need to be banned as commander either. Just because some people whine about them doesn't mean they're bad enough to hit. Most of the cards that would need to go on the banned as commander list are already on the regular list. They just need to be allowed in the 99.
>>
>People whining about Prossh as commander

So what's the problem with Prossh?
>>
>>53338872
He gets out of hand very fast with a few token generators and ramp spells and is prone to 1-shotting people.

What is that from?
>>
File: GUMI matro.jpg (448KB, 1245x1133px) Image search: [Google]
GUMI matro.jpg
448KB, 1245x1133px
>>53338903
>He gets out of hand very fast with a few token generators and ramp spells and is prone to 1-shotting people.

Not like people already abuse shit like Rite of Replication with Vela or Kokusho or anything

and that's GUMI form Matryoshka
>>
File: 14952878104181125425969.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
14952878104181125425969.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
How do you play this card? Three equal piles? Two equal piles plus one empty pile? Eggs in 1 basket? Seems like a super regressive card that's built for land destruction but maybe I'm looking at it wrong
>>
>>53338872
Food chain, really.
But ashnods and Phyrexian altars don't help much either
>>
>>53338972
It's not really meant to be played seriously, that's the token 7+ cmc red chaos sorcery or blue jank enchantment that WotC pronts every set.
>>
>>53338731
>>53338776
The "why not go all the way" thing is because the whole article was a thought experiment in the first place of "this is what would happen if we really did give all of you what you say you want" I feel strongly that you haven't read it or you are being disingenuous at this point. You don't have to make shit up to make fun of Sheldon, it's easy enough as is.

Also, if they did add banned as commander back in, and banned no additional cards, the only thing that would be on the list is braids. Fuck doing all that shit for a card that is both not fun or even that good in the 99. Take your waifu lust and fuck off with all that.
>>
>>53338961

Prossh Food Chain decks are actually very silly. I know people here reeeeeeeeeeeee the fuck out about a lot of silly things, but this isn't one of them.
>>
I'm sick of playing at best 10 cards total in one game. I want to build a deck that casts a million small spells and does a million small things with a million small decisions.

I also want it to be competitive. Is there something like that?
>>
>>53339070
Ezuri Claw of Progress
>>
If you could have WotC print a huge run of any non-ABUR set, what would it be and why?
Legends
>The Abyss
>Mana Drain
>Nether Void
>Chains of Mephistophele
>Living Plane
>Moat
>In the Eye of Chaos
>Concordant Crossroads
>Land Equilibrium
>Invoke Prejudice
>Karakas
>Land Tax
How did they pront this much stax in one set?
>>
File: 1401160780131.jpg (12KB, 274x273px) Image search: [Google]
1401160780131.jpg
12KB, 274x273px
>>53339149

Arabian Nights, I want the mountains.
>>
>>53339070
Honestly I think this is the biggest problem with most casual EDH decks. They don't utilize smaller things for early game. Building decks around smaller commanders and smaller creatures can be really fun and also really powerful.

I suggest Sidar Kondo with maybe Tymna? Or Tana. Go wide, my friend. So very wide. 10 unblockable saprolings or elves is way cooler than a 10/10 unblockable faggot, in my opinion.
>>
>>53339149
Because Legends is actually a really crap set otherwise?
>>
>>53328455
Split FUCKING second, you pussy.
>>
>>53328471
>Fork.
>I have an I Win combo too, but since I'm in monored, I don't usually get to tutor for it.... Thanks!
>>
>>53338972
All in one pile, scoop if it gets blown up

Now THIS is magic
>>
File: 1372321322667.jpg (24KB, 336x331px) Image search: [Google]
1372321322667.jpg
24KB, 336x331px
>>53328455
>Deck has obvious win combo
>"It's shit and not fun to play against >:c"

I bet you're one of those babies that cry about Nekusar wheeling people down
>>
File: BRYAN.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
BRYAN.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53339313
We all know that "play to win" magic is the worst kind of magic.
>>
>>53339136
>>53339189

Thanks, keeping these in mind. But going with green I'll probably end up with a Tommy deck again. I just.. can't resist.

To go a different direction, is there something like storm in EDH? Or something that feels like it? Something that forces me to go low CMC?
>>
>>53339391
I mean, you could do an unconventional Yidris deck based around spamming tons of 3 cmc shit that cascades into 1-2 cmc shit so you cast like 10 spells in one turn then have some Storm shit.

Would that work? It just came to me but it sounds nifty as fuck.
>>
>>53339431
Ah that sounds like a pretty cool idea.
>>
>>53339496
How many valid storm spells are there? Was just looking through them and it seems like there aren't enough good ones to build a deck around in EDH since we can only use one copy of each.
>>
>>53339496
Make sure to use every Expertise spell and suspend things that are worth a shit.
>>
>>53339496
Also things that trigger off of casting spells of course, Metallurgic Summonings, Sphinx Bone Wand is a win con in it's own right. Could also throw Cipher stuff in.
>>
>>53327345
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-05-17-olivia-tribal/

Somebody wanna r8 my budget vampire tribal EDH?
>>
File: 1492669230261.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1492669230261.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>53338155
>everyone was an ultra tryhard spike
>no there's chill people

Holy shit we're you there or something and feel the need to justify or are you just a flagrant shitposter?
>>
>>53334606
Mostly because it's super one-sided. It can be used reactively like Rout (Okay, since you're attacking me/about to combo out, I'll bounce all your shit), but most often it's "End of your turn, cast Rift, bounce everyone's shit to their hand, make you discard half your board because now you have 16 cards in hand, and then I'll begin my turn with three wide-open opponents".
>>
>>53335757
My golden rule of EDH is "If there are prizes on the line, I don't play". even if it's just 5 bucks in store credit, the moment you put a prize on the game, people turn into WAAC turbodouches.
>>
>>53339313
I'm sorry, just because it's "obvious" doesn't mean I enjoy "Well, I mulled to 4 looking for a Path and didn't find one, and then I didn't draw one in my next 4 turns, so I lost on turn 5".

I'm not saying it's unbeatable or unstoppable, I'm saying it's fucking boring to lose on turn 5 because you didn't draw removal.
>>
>>53339855
>Monogreen surrak is ultra spike shit

Do you read the post chains you reply to or do you just like to be a huge fucking retard on purpose?
>>
>>53340058
Mono green can be degenerate but you're still the real dumbass here for ignoring the rest of the post
>>
>>53340091
I doubt the Surrak deck was degen, but yeah- one "I'm here to have fun" casual deck doesn't counteract the "Get fucked" tryhard pubstomp of two other players.
>>
>>53340091
It means one guy was probably chill enough that he could have asked him to play with the group he allegedly already has.

Mono green can be degenerate, but that's with shit like yisan or shit, surrak has no inherently broken thing going on.
>>
>>53340120
Yeah. If I were in that pod, after it was over 20 minutes in I would have asked Surrakbro "Hey, wanna play a few games?"
>>
>>53340112
>>53340120
Not like it matters much since its done and over with. I know what I need to improve my deck and will do so but I just ain't going back there despite all the "chill" people
>>
>>53340157
I mean, maybe go back on a Saturday and just play EDH instead of going when there's an 'event'.

I know people in my area that are great to play with at someone's house while Futurama's playing in the background and we're all just fucking around, but who I would never play with if there was so much as a pack of Dragon's Maze on the line because their chill immediately disappears. And hell, there might be other people who ONLY play casually because the "competitive" players are too aggro.
>>
>>53340194
I expect the worse in everyone and got that and then some, so I am still going to pass on that
>>
>>53339038
Braids, erayo, leovold and rofellos would go on it, just like before.

And yes I have read the article, the article was not called "what if we gave every whiner everything they're asking for", it was about bringing back the banned as commander list, yet Sheldon treated it like if he did he should suddenly listen to every retard that thinks GAAIV needs to be banned.

His thought process is ridiculous and literally crumbles when faced with " but just don't do all that additional shit and return it to how it was", but it seems like Sheldon's dick is too far in your ear for you to understand common sense.
>>
>>53339855
They probably build those just because there was prize support. Chances are they have more casual decks.
>>
>>53340699
This. If a game wasn't for money, or was for like a few packs between friends, I'd play something fun. If a game was to be serious, like for a box or something in a tournament, or "1v1", I'm probably going to play Brago or Ghave, and they're extraordinarily awful to play against.

Brago in particular is hilarious. It used to be artifact tutors and stax lock, but now it's just wave after wave of exile based removal and things like Linvala/dampening matrix.
>>
>>53340699
Once a tryhard always a tryhard.
>>
>>53341170
>>53341150 begs to differ. Some people know how to play differently for different occasions.
>>
>>53332256
You don't. You run them in Vela ninja tribal
>>
Artifact-bros, represent. What do you play, what's your favorite interaction?

I just tore apart my Jori-En deck and I could use some unusual inspiration. I could build Darietti MLD or Jin "The Win" Gitaxias, but I've been on a bit of a black kick lately.
>>
>>53341200
Oh yeah let me convince the guy running full kaladesh masterpiece deck to not run it, he will surely be ok with that.
>>
>>53341271
I like artifacts but I like enchantments more.
That said, one of my go-to interactions is Mycosynth Lettuce, March of the Machines and Master of Etherium.
I wish I could get Land Equilibrium in my Hanna and would be allowed to play Limited Resources, which is much better balanced than Balance. I just want to bully the UG landramp babbies
>>
>>53341289
Just ask. Most people are quite reasonable, particularly when you tell them you're running something goofy. Now, if you lie or incorrectly gauge the powerlevel, they're never going to do that again, but I'd be more than happy to take out my goofy fatties deck. Anyone who runs good decks understands people might not have the same budget, and people who don't are generally unwashed smelly fuckers you'd ought to avoid anyways.
>>
>>53341289
Shut the fuck up you god damn defeatist
>>
>>53341341
I highly fucking doubt that.
>>53341349
I'm not talking to you faggot, fuck out of my conversation
>>
File: Image (18).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (18).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
How fun is this dude?
>>
>>53341394
Don't reply to me ever again
>>
File: achievement.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
achievement.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>53341394
>I highly fucking doubt that.
But you never know until you try. Statistically, it's inevitable that someone will agree with me, and if you desire a fun game, then you're obligated to try.
>>
File: 1491402015825.jpg (70KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1491402015825.jpg
70KB, 604x603px
>>53341397
This fun.
>>
>>53341444

>>53341448
Tried it last night and I had no fun even when I pulled used my competitive deck. I'm sure you're just messing with me anyways because you would look at my decks and overestimate and still play your tryhard deck
>>
>>53341394
You are taking to him though, anon. When you post you're talking to the whole thread.
>>
>>53341271
I like recurring Treasure Keeper with a sac outlet. I run it in feldon, and it's quite degenerate. You feed the token to ashnods, search out my cheap ramp/looting, then laugh my way to the bank.
>>
>>53341468
But I like drawing cards :(
>>
>>53341511
No one is messing with you. The problem is that instead of talking to them you decided to try and be a tryhard as well. No one has fun in games like those. You just end up trying to out-spike each other.
>>
>>53341511
You can think whatever you want, but if you specifically asked to play against their fun decks, and specified that you aren't running X degenerate thing, it would be reasonable to assume that other people would break out fun decks, unless there was a substantial prize on the line. Even if they're dicks, at least you know not to play with them.

Right now you're left with ambiguity. You don't know whether I was right or wrong, all you know is that you didn't have fun, and there was a simple solution. If you choose not to, that's fine, but don't expect sympathy.
>>
File: 1423009100115.jpg (13KB, 228x238px) Image search: [Google]
1423009100115.jpg
13KB, 228x238px
>>53341289
>People who only have one deck
>>
>>53341544
Which is why its better to not push it any further and never go back
>>
>>53341538
I think he is fun, but fun to me is cut throat magic. That and winning.
>>
>>53341584
My friend has only Anafenza he plays every time. It's not really interesting, as he pretty much folds to T1 strip mine or counterin his T1 play, whether it's through Misstep or Vendetta on his mana dork. Back to Basics makes him literally unable to do anything, as he doesn't run any basics
>>
>>53342162
How does someone play the same deck constantly and not know how to patch up its flaws?
>>
should i go out of my way to fit skull clamp in a deck? i mean things it can kill rather than the car itself
>>
>>53342429
Yes, if you don't have 1 toughness cards or tokens that clamp can kill then it's pretty useless. It's still +1 power, but the card draw is the real reason to play it.
>>
>>53331782
Get a Tithe. Not Mana Tithe, just 'Tithe'
>>
>>53335476
Necro.
>>
>>53342412
I have no idea. I've been wondering the same thing.
>>
>>53341397

Extremely linear deck. If you like doing the same thing every match, he's the guy for you.
>>
Thinking of going control. I'm looking to Hanna, Brago, or Derevi the moment. Tell me, /tg/, who should I go with? Also open to suggestions for control commanders.
>>
>>53342611
But I'm looking for a Land Tax budget alternative, not a Sunforger combo tutor.
>>
>>53330171
It's not really bears as much as tokens/aristocrats, but I've had a lot of success with my Ravos/Tymna list.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/o-u-t-o-f-b-o-d-y/

It seems to really catch people off guard. I think people tend to see them as worse-Edric and worse-Karador, which is true, but having access to each of them really feels like an unending stream of card advantage.
>>
>>53342689
Like I said earlier, Captain Sisay's ability to see what your opponent is doing and counter that specifically makes her one of the best control commanders in the game. She doesn't have access to blue, but what you can do with GW is incredible.
>>
File: 1349462253610.jpg (56KB, 574x528px) Image search: [Google]
1349462253610.jpg
56KB, 574x528px
>Building Scion of the Ur-Dragon since I already had the mana base laying around
>Need to get a copy of Nicol Bolas
>Only version that has the new border is the From The Vault version that costs nearly $40 for a Damaged copy

I like the old art just fine and the Timeshifted reprint has gorgeously vibrant colors but having that ONE card with the old-style border would fuck with my OCD so badly.
>>
File: Iwata laughter.png (173KB, 355x362px) Image search: [Google]
Iwata laughter.png
173KB, 355x362px
>>53342929
>Has the mana base for an Ur-Dragon deck
>Complains about shelling out money for Nic B
>>
>>53343458

What's so bad about its mana base? I didn't go for a set of original duals nor a Cavern of Souls. Everything else isn't bad at all.
>>
File: hammer.jpg (41KB, 324x261px) Image search: [Google]
hammer.jpg
41KB, 324x261px
I was going through my EDH deck trying to cut a card and noticed Hammer Mage has a party hat with a little fish on a string tied to the tip of it. Also there's some goofy looking Mercadians in the background, the whole thing's surprisingly funny for a Rebecca Guay piece. Wish I could find a better image of it because my sides.

In fact I think standard wizard headgear should now be a party hat with a fish hanging off the top.
>>
>>53343458
Unless your deck is looking for a turn 4-5 win through combo you don't need fetches, orginal duals or even shocks. 4-5 colored decks' mana bases being expensive is a meme.
>>
>>53343717

I do have a full set of Shocks that I bought when they were still in rotation and cheap.
>>
File: Image-121.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-121.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53339221
>imblinging
>>
Is hope of ghirapur a viable commander? Locks the opponent out of the game entirely if you have fast mana and they arent a voltron or aggro deck.
>>
>>53343842
I feel like you could also just play it as voltron like Isamaru, but with flying built in.

>t1 wastes, sol ring, hope and tenza, pass
etc
>>
>>53342740
Tithe is a 4.40 USD on tcgplayer whereas Land Tax is 12.00

They both fetch you lands. Tithe isn't just there to get pieces for Sunforger loops.

Its also instant speed and can net you two nonbasic plains, if you have any. They just released a new set of them for BFZ & Amonkhet
>>
>>53341271
Favorite interaction is probably tapping Winter Orb to Whir for Tangle Wire or saccing Wire/Static/Winter eot and recasting off of Silas.
>>
File: 1489471653213.jpg (86KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1489471653213.jpg
86KB, 640x559px
>>53331782
>>53342740
>need a budget replacement for a 12 dollar card
If you're barely scraping by on food stamps, I think you have bigger concerns over a shitty deck.
>>
>>53338972
Let's say you have more than 1 opponent and everyone puts all their permanents in 1 pile

That's a 33.3% chance that you lose everything, and a GREATER THAN 33.3% chance that someone else loses everything. Then you take the percents chance that someone splits their permanents equally instead, and you get a 133% chance that someone else loses, even if you do too. The math doesn't lie.
>>
File: equipose.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
equipose.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Any good way to abuse this?
>>
>>53344818
parallax enchantments with starfield of nyx to recur them
>>
File: 1477953993408.jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
1477953993408.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
>>53344818
Yes
>>
>>53344818
sands of time, uptap is skipped and the permanents stay phased out
>>
>>53344818
I doubt it. The phased out stuff comes back at the start of their turn, so it's only a Balance effect between the time of your turn and the start of theirs. They still get to use all their stuff during their own turn.
>>
>>53344831
>>53344851
I mean it's not the worst thing ever, but unless I understand phasing wrong, won't the permanents come back untapped anyway?
>>53344858
I like the way you think
>>
>>53329451
Mind Bend beacuse meme
>>
>>53344875
Not technically. They come back in the way they were phased out, but phasing happens at untap step, before you untap anything, so it doesn't matter. Only way it can help, is to maybe hinder disruption and help against blockers.
So, only way this is of any use is to use something that skips untap steps to permanently get rid of artifacts, creatures and lands, but unfortunately it's one opponent at a time.
>>
>>53329762
I'd rather use Standstill for stalling. It's been so effective that there's no tomorrow. It made a pod of 6 people go 4 whole cycles without anyone playing any spells
>>
>>53345586
Was there a Nekusar or something?

I've got a couple friends who'd just say "screw it everyone else gets to draw"
>>
>>53345639
No, only draw related commander in the table was Edric. Besides, it's a may effect
>>
File: IMG_1368.png (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1368.png
620KB, 1920x1080px
>>53340017
That's why you always give the blue players of the game the nuce at any cost.
There's only one kind of blue player you can trust and that's a dead blue player.
>>
>walk into LGS
>play with some guys
>super tax deck,infinite combo t2, land destruction decks
>literally not allowed to play

what point is there in running shit where people cant play the game and have no win condition?

spent 3 hours playing with two different groups and it was boring as fuck

what fun is there when 4 people are in a game, and one cock sucker just fucks off and jacks off in a corner constantly tutoring and locking people out of the game and have no win condition?
>>
>>53334606
A seven mana one-sided nonland permanent boardwipe in a color that's supposed to be light on boardwipes doesn't sound broken to you?
>>
>>53334606
>>53346551
*and an instant speed boardwipe, even!
>>
>>53346551
There's still Evacuation, Inundate, Wash Out etc

Wash Out is really really good.
>>
>>53346682
>Creature is equivalent to nonland permanent

Evacuation hits your board and only pegs creatures, Inundate is a sorcery and only pegs creatures for a mere one mana less and is unlike rift, unsplashable. Wash Out is a pretty good card but it's not really comparable: used wisely it can always make the thing you need away go away, but if you peg everything that's not yours and nothing that is you had a super specific situation going into it or did a LOT of work to wash all opposing colors to one.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.