[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does The Dark Tower series make for an interesting setting for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: tdt.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tdt.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
Does The Dark Tower series make for an interesting setting for an RPG, or is it too linear and sparse in detail?

I've only read the first book so I don't know, but I'd be interested the thoughts of some elegan/t g/entlemen.
>>
File: download.jpg (133KB, 1368x817px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
133KB, 1368x817px
>>
File: 43613.jpg (38KB, 312x475px) Image search: [Google]
43613.jpg
38KB, 312x475px
>>53325373
One of my all-time favorite campaigns was set in the Kingverse.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:End-World

Read the first four books, read Wolves of the Calla if you really want to, skip 6 and 7, make sure to read The Wind Through The Keyhole and The Little Sisters of Eluria, as well as The Talisman and Black House (Black House especially as parts of it take place in Mid-World and End-World).

If you really like the setting after getting through those, you might want to get a copy of the DT Concordance, which is a setting bible. It's very handy because there are a LOT of crossovers between the DT books and King's other books.

In before Rowling copypasta
>>
>>53325751
>skip 7
But isn't that the big finale? He even named it "The Dark Tower." That sounds kind of important.
>>
>>53325751
Man, that is like, years of reading ahead of me. Wish King had an editor who could've trimmed down each of his books to 200 pages or so.
>>
>>53326496
>But isn't that the big finale?
Turns out that saying about how "it's not the destination that's important but the journey" holds true for Roland of Gilead.

The books are okay but it's a let-down because 5, 6 and 7 were written in haste because he had gotten hit by a van and thought he might die before he finished the series AND IT SHOWS.

>>53326618
>Man, that is like, years of reading ahead of me.
Alternatively, you can just wait for the movie to come out.
/pol/ go away nobody likes you.
>>
>>53326838
>Alternatively, you can just wait for the movie to come out.

It's my understanding the movie takes place after the novel series, as a sequel or something. It's not a summary of the whole series.
>>
>>53326988
>It's my understanding the movie takes place after the novel series, as a sequel or something. It's not a summary of the whole series.
If you're familiar with the concept of ka is a wheel, you're not far off-base.
>>
>>53325373
My wet dream setting, you mean?
>>
>>53327037
I haven't finished the series, so I sadly cannot read your spoilers, but I'm hoping it all makes sense somehow. Maybe then I'll understand why Roland is white in the novels and black in the movie.

isn't there a tv series coming out also?
>>
>>53327184
>Maybe then I'll understand why Roland is white in the novels and black in the movie.
Yeah, it makes sense if you've read the whole thing.

>isn't there a tv series coming out also?
Apparently it's based on the backstory from Wizard and Glass where we see Roland as a 14 year old.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.