[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Chaos and followers of the Corpse God ever work together?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Would Chaos and followers of the Corpse God ever work together?

I mean, Chaos is pretty mutated but they are still mostly human, if they were attacked by Xenos I could see them holding a temporary truce

I mean certain Spess Marine chapters are already pretty much Khorne worshipers
>>
>>53319560
No. Xenos are basically just things you kill because of what they are. Traitors are people you HATE because of the things they've done.
>>
>>53319560
At best they would possibly focus on an overwhelming threat before going back to killing each other, but co-operation is pretty much right out. This isn't like the Imperium and Eldar occasionally teaming up when their interests coincide. Chaos has it in for the Imperium. Seeing it burn has been the #1 objective for most of their followers since the Horus Heresy. They are the most bitter of foes, and the best you're going to get is a choice to shoot a much larger threat first, and even that's not a guarantee.
>>
>>53319560
The Imperium is more likely to cooperate with xenos against Chaos than the other way around. Hell, that's exactly what they did in the Gothic War.
>>
>>53319560
>>53319595
>>53319598

Yeah, like people said: if you put a much of chaos and loyalist marines together and go "you either work together to kill these xenos or you ALL die".... then they'll maybe work together for precisely as long as it takes to kill the xenos.

...and even then, that's assuming none of them are over-zealous idiot who'll die happy knowing the other guys are dead as well.
>>
>>53319560
There's an example of an IF dread and an IW warsmith (who knew each other in the legions) working together I think (maybe in the Beast

Do really radical inquisitors count?
>>
Short answer, Your dudes

Longer answer, maybe on the small scale during a huge fucking threat and that depends if you get one of the more saner marines as leader but at the end of the day one of the sides would betray the other
>>
>>53319560
I guess you could have AL/Tzeentch types getting the help of Imperial types by hiding their chaos allegiances and tricking them into thinking they're a normal chapter.
>>
>>53319560
Incredibly unlikely, nearing impossible but the galaxy is a big place full of contrivances. Unfortunately "Imperium and Chaos want eachother dead more than anything" is one of the few hard set rules of the setting so it has to be a pretty fucking good contrivance.

I imagine some men of iron (AI, not necrons) might do it? What do you guys think?
>>
Only on Slaaneshmas.
>>
>>53319679
even then, the Imperials would want to destroy them, the chaos dudes would want to corrupt them...
>>
>>53319611
This. According to older fluff (like RT) there are even xenos living inside the Imperium, while Chaos is ruthlessly hunted down wherever it hides.
>>
>>53319560
If the empire force is already semi corrupted/rogue or weak minded (imagine a governor of a lone planet), then yes. But if any other imperal gets to know this, they'll get excommunicated, no matter what the cause was. So either they don't give a shit (Iquisitor, Admech freak, rogue marine/guard) or are just really desperate.
>>
>>53319699
I wouldn't take the overwhelming majority of RT fluff to be representative of anything but RT era 40k, which is pretty much an entirely different setting. To give you an updated example from the discontinued 40K rpgs: There is such thing as an inquisition sanctioned xeno. They wear a brand and anything. Nobody really likes them and I'm sure puritans don't like but they exist. There is no such thing as an approved chaos-user let alone worshiper.
>>
>>53319560
Not in a million years, the imperium hate chaos to the core. Its more likely that the imperium gangs upp with xenos to kill chaos.
>>
>>53319560
Word Bearers omni-bus has a necro world activate and the chaos marines still go full ham to chase down the loyalists despite the larger and more immediate threat of necrons.

>>53319622
It's during the beast series, which is 1,500 years after HH according to lexicanum. IW are one of the least chaos worshiping traitors and it's an established relationship of them being best buddies back during the crusade
>>
>>53319560

Funny thing is, Chaos Marines are more likely to work with Loyalists than the other way around.

I am not talking about the utterly madcrazy World Eaters or Word Bearers and the like, but many Traitor Marines are opportunists, raiders and survivors. They preach what they preach but when faced with the overwhelming odds they go "ok fuck what I said before, I'm outta here!". Hence their lack of ATSKNF

Loyalist Marines are psycho conditioned and indoctrinated, their brains washed with the idea of them rather dying than working with a Traitor.
>>
Loyal Imperials would be happy to die to the xenos if it meant taking the servants of Chaos with them.
>>
>>53321029
Mostly see that backwards. Special world that has super Mcguffin, they'll stick around and claim it.
The loyalist marines would most likely pull out and wait until they're fighting enough to bomb both sides from orbit.
>>
>>53321230

Ok, what I was talking about was rather a Traitor and Loyalist marines fighting in a trench when SUDDENLY TYRANIDS!

The Traitor goes "listen, we either both die here or help each other and finish what we started here another time. what do you say, pup?"

And the Loyalist go all retarded "NEVER! I'D RATHER DIE THAN FIGHT ALONGSIDE A FILTHY TRAITOR!" in a self righteous manner. You catch my drift.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.