[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like the Lamenters and don't see why everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4040.jpg (38KB, 325x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4040.jpg
38KB, 325x454px
I don't like the Lamenters and don't see why everyone loves them so much.

Their whole schtick is dieing and having horrible luck? I don't get why this makes them so popular?
>>
>>53311640
Because they're heroic while they do it ;_;7

They're basically Salamanders for those who have a hard time relating to success.
>>
>>53311640
Masochistic fantasies.
>>
>>53311640
Because the idea of the noble sacrifice appeals to a lot of people, especially ones who can't/won't make the same choice in real life that the Lamenters make. It turns out that nobility and selflessness is appealing sometimes.
>>
>>53311640
I don't know much about the Lamenters. Is that the actual color of their armor? If so, I feel as though an opportunity for either white w/black highlights or dark pink was missed.
>>
>>53311640
Congratulations on successfully self-diagnosing as autistic.
>>
>>53311860
it's done that way so only hardcore masochists actually try painting them
>>
>>53311640

In a canon where most writers are competing to see whose character can be the biggest Mary Sue or the grimmest, darkest edgelord (or both), the Lamenters are noble, dutiful, and self-sacrificing. As for their schtick, people like to root for the underdog.

>>53311860

A Blood Angels successor chapter from the "Cursed 21st" founding, one of their biggest misfortunes was staying loyal to Lugft Huron and the Astral Claws during the Badab War (See FW's Imperial Armour books) before it was revealed that Huron had fallen to Chaos.

They got "forgiven" by the Inquisition after everything went down and they surrendered, but sent on a penitent crusade while already weakened and not allowed to recruit, and have been getting repeatedly fucked since.

Reports vary on how many Lamenters are left, from zero, to one Deathwatch dreadnought, to a handful of Deathwatch, to a remnant of the crusade.
>>
>>53311640
It's basically because they never give up, no matter what, and because despite all the shit they've been given (including an autistic fit from the best chapter evar) they still do the right thing, even if that ends damning their chapter. In a nutshell, they are basically one of the few chapters that can be unarguably called heroes.
>>
>>53312135
*arguably, fUCK
>>
>>53311640
Noble, selfless superhumans who make terrible sacrifices willingly for the sake of those who cannot save themselves.
If they weren't a cursed founding they'd basically be like Salamanders, super loved guys. Instead they're more tragic.

On the upside, prime candidates for being flooded with notably uncursed primarines.
>>
>>53312168
I can't wait to see how exactly it spectacularly fucks up when the new marines join them.
>>
Rowboat is going to refill the Lamenters with Primaris marines.
>>
>>53312287
just you watch, the ships transporting them will all explode or become lost in the warp.
Nothing good ever happens for the Lamenters
>>
>>53312341
The primarines won't be cursed though and the bad luck only really fucks up the lamenters themselves. My guess is that the remaining OG lamenters will sacrifice themselves to save the rest of the chapter, inspiring the primarines to pick up the torch and follow their example.
>>
>>53312130
Do you mean a Death Company?
>>
>>53311640
A lot of tg is populated by losers who relate to losers. That's all really.
>>
>>53312227
>The Lamenters receive the second-largest deployment of Primaris Marines to bolster their forces
>The Inquisition attempts to argue the deployment by quoting "muh heresy" and "muh penitence crusade," but are denied by Guilliman himself
>Two months later half of said Primaris Marines defect to Chaos, become the first Primaris Chaos Space Marines.
>Their first act of heresy is the destruction of the Lamenter's primary Battle Barge.
>>
>>53312702
No, as in the only survivors of the Lamentors were the ones who were loaned to the Deathwatch while they were on their crusade.
>>
File: 1495014528901.jpg (450KB, 757x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495014528901.jpg
450KB, 757x1200px
>>53311640
cucks. basically they are the way IG players break into playing astartes

i believe the emperors scythes are the noncuck version of them
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.