[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you supposed to base your character's actions on their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1495113945209.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1495113945209.gif
2MB, 460x259px
Are you supposed to base your character's actions on their alignment?

Or are you supposed to base your character's alignment on their actions?
>>
>>53311368
alignment is retarded so definitely the latter
>>
Neither. Just create a character and don't let their alignment define them. Or just play 5e where alignment is completely optional.
>>
>>53311368
alignment is based on actions. Characters should be dynamic and can change alignment
>>
Alignment is based on actions. You can perform out-of-alignment actions with sufficient cause, or even with insufficient cause provided tensions are running high. But perform them too often, or perform them without regrets, and your alignment can drift.
>>
>>53311368
Of course the latter.
Alignment was never meant to limit your actions, just categorize them for the sake of interacting with the divine.
>>
File: IMG_1936.jpg (280KB, 999x1463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1936.jpg
280KB, 999x1463px
>>53311368
Both.
If you're an inexperienced role player it allows you to have a general idea of what you want your character to act like.
Once you get your feet wet you should let your actions and choices decide what alignment you are. It's not an end all be all statement of your character. Just play the game and role play.
>>
>>53312095
sauce on that pic?
>>
>>53311368

If the game (not necesarily the system) uses heavily the alignments, then by alignments.

If not, then no.

Simple as that.
>>
>>53311368
Yes
>>
I have an alignment related question. I am in a situation where a young child is basically the spawn of this world's equivalent of Satan-Cthulu. The party is pretty much deciding what to do with the child. Obviously nobody wants to kill a kid so they decide to vote. One character argues that the child must be killed to prevent a major evil later down the line(It's implied the child's powers will grow and corrupt), the child right now is a pretty standard kid other than being raised by a crazy religious "family" and I suppose the child could be considered kind and innocent. What alignment would the character that would be willing to kill an innocent for the greater good be?
>>
>>53311368
Neither. Dumbass.
>>
>>53314721
Neutral Good
>>
>>53314721
chaotic good and neutral good if it was enough of a threat. Otherwise only neutral or evil alignments
>>
>>53311368
Alignment is just a cosmic faction, so you can do whatever and it doesn't matter.
>>
>>53311368
Both, they should dynamically influence each other
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.