[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What I'm posting right here is taken from a blog -chaudroncromatique-,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

What I'm posting right here is taken from a blog -chaudroncromatique-, but I really liked it and I wanted to share it with /tg/ and maybe anyone has something to add to it.

>Most of the characters are elven firefighters (fighter-mages) apprentices who wield water and vegetation based spells. They are level 01 trainees.

>The campaign start after their graduation but something happen and the firefighter veterans are cursed into a eternal sleep or are somehow magically disabled.

>The safety of the forest now rest on the shoulders of those newbies PCs.

>The characters have access to some of the artifacts of the firefighter guild, but they have to learn how to unlock their potential.

>XP is awarded for doing firefighter stuff.

>The sandbox is build around the forest and it inhabitants.
>>
>The elves have a firefighter treaty with the other forest dwelling races, including the chaotic races like the Bullywug. The newbie firefighters will also have to keep the respect of those races to avoid losing their help.

>To add variety, some replacement or backup characters can be from the races that honor the firefighter treaty. It is often a political move for those races to send away a annoying member of their specie on firefighting duty to get rid of him or her.

>For exemple this bullywug moss shaman who can summon moss spirits.
>>
>Most of the monsters encountered need help with some fire based menace or incident.

>Like a troll that was stupid enough to eat something on fire. Now he can't contain the fire in it regenerating fire belly. He is afraid to set the fire of the forest but he dont dare to speak because he fear belching fire out of his mouth. So he get in a lot of trouble and incidents. Simply killing the troll is a solution but there is a big risk that he will explode and set up more fire!

>So the players have to find inventive solution to deal with the fire based menaces and monsters.
>>
>>53310685
>As the character level up, the campaign escalade with the apparition of the Dark Fire. A corrupting fire that twist what it burn into monsters.

>For exemple a dark fire treant, who is angry and resentful of the firefighters for failing at their duty and letting him burn. The fire treant become a dark fire king that try to spread the fire in the forest.
>>
>Defeating some of the big monsters should also bring some hope and a opportunity for reconstruction.

>Like when the dark fire treant die, if you open it bark you can find a Embers Dryad. If well nurtured this dryad can use her power to help the vegetation regrow after a fire, she can also sense the dark fire and travel between burning trees. Maybe she also have some limited fire control power. People dont trust her but she could be a new replacement character.

>The end game could be about lifting the curse from the firefighter veterans to awaken them or to accept that they are gone forever.
>>
>>53310655
>>53310670
>>53310685
>>53310845
>>53310868

That's...actually really cool. Has a nice Over the Garden Wall vibe to it, where it hints obliquely at much darker forces existing in this world but leaves the details to the imagination. Seems like it would be a great candidate for running a game for younger kids.
>>
That's pretty damn amazing. I hope you don't mind but I might try to give my players a one shot flavored around this to break up our regular campaign.
>>
>>53314524
>I hope you don't mind but I might try to give my players a one shot flavored around this to break up our regular campaign.

>What I'm posting right here is taken from a blog -chaudroncromatique-

Anon...
>>
File: 287059.gif (614KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
287059.gif
614KB, 480x480px
>>
File: 1493053025357.jpg (61KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
1493053025357.jpg
61KB, 600x661px
>>53314703
Now I feel like an idiot.
>>
File: Secret Tongue - Goat.gif (2MB, 153x238px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Tongue - Goat.gif
2MB, 153x238px
>>53314973
Sorry anon, didn't mean to make you feel bad.
>>
>>53310868
I really like that tree girl
>>
This is really goddamn dope.
>>
>>53314524
op here, please write a report of your game if you do! i'm gathering ideas for running one myself. As this thread will be probably dead by then, maybe you could even reply to said blog or something.

good luck and glad you liked it
>>
It's really cool and I somewhat feel like I already read that on 4chan a long time ago. Even the images seem familiar...
>>
File: water_travel_elf.jpg (435KB, 1600x1519px) Image search: [Google]
water_travel_elf.jpg
435KB, 1600x1519px
Normally I don't care for quick, sketch art but this guy has a lovely art style.
>>
The artist also put out a cool OSR zine for free about swamp adventures.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ogKTnp49LkU2lpeDdWTnVFZkU/view
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.