[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were to preface a campaign or an adventure module with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 6923811_f520.jpg (88KB, 520x880px) Image search: [Google]
6923811_f520.jpg
88KB, 520x880px
If you were to preface a campaign or an adventure module with a warning that it "contains disturbing content not suitable for children" or anything of that effect, then what kind of weird shit could it possibly contain besides sexual themes?
>>
>>53307519
>If you were to preface...
Alright, either you're a parent/vendor and you should check any material your malleable kids have access to, no matter how it looks on the outside; or you're a kid and you won't give a fuck anyways.

Warnings on cultural products are stupid and only exist because companies are dead scared of being even remotely related to any kind of controversy.
>>
>>53307795
I guess I was just asking because, with the kind of violence and bloodshed and satanism roleplaying games are already full of, I was curious just what might warrant such warnings even in that context.
>>
Politics
>>
>>53307519
Extremely detailed gore and autistically shouting the word nigger for shock humor.
>>
>a woman being stabbed and left to be slowly picked apart by crows tied to a post
>one character raping the BBEG's wife while he was restained by two other characters and forced to watch
>executing children who witnessed a crime
>gassing a village with nerve gas which included descriptions of people twitching and bleeding from the eyes and shit
>one character being psionically tortured for hours until he broke completely
>hot iron to the testicles to torture info out of a bandit about his master's base
>info turned out to be false, we lost the battle and the master ripped one of the female character's eyes out with a crowbar
>one character was cut multiple times on his body with a knife and forced to clean the latrines so he'd get blood poisoning
>eventually we broke out after 2 more of us died and killed the master by stabbing him in the throat with a fork about 30 times because that was the only weapon we had
>used a truck full of trapped children to bait out enemy fighters to try to help them, before gunning them all down
>sewed bombs inside of corpses before leaving a village we raided, so that when they tried to bury their families they would go off

That was all from my last campaign. Apocalypse games can get pretty fucked when you have an edgelord GM and players.
>>
>>53307519
Existential horror.
>>
>>53307519
gore / violence. scary-looking monsters who do horrific things to people.

if you're a Christian, and most of the people who wanted to get D&D banned were, you're also offended by the fact that the setting includes things like Demons, or that "good" characters are allowed to worship gods rather than God, or the fact that wizards exist at all and are player characters (all magic is witchcraft which is devil worship).

also there was the whole "if you play D&D you'll over-identify with your character, lose touch with reality, and go on a killing spree like Tom Hanks" thing.
>>
>>53308485
Except you fight and kill demons in D&D so that offense is completely irrational. By that logic the bible is offensive.
>>
>>53308552
No one ever said moral guardians had to be rational.
>>
>>53308485
Amusingly, the Vatican had no objections to D&D, and when they evaluated it, thought it was fun.
>>
File: Palladium warning.png (250KB, 619x824px) Image search: [Google]
Palladium warning.png
250KB, 619x824px
Just put Palladium's retarded boilerplate in your book.
>>
>>53308666
i have this in the guns guide Kevin's wife wrote. Top-tier book despite getting some things wrong.
>>
>>53308348
>edgelord gm and player
>typical day in the middle-east.

Also
>>53308003
Fuck off with your bait, nigger
>>
>>53308552
>fight demons
>kill demons
>not forcing demons into pacts to do your bidding

Are we playing the same games, anon?
>>
>>53308866
>accuses someone of bait
>baiting himself
>>
>>53308913
Well, most people kill them. I prefer necromancy, though. Undead are cooler than demons IMO.
>>
>>53308682
I have the Castles book and it is really good as well.
>>
>>53308666
>None of us at Palladium Books condone or encourage the occult, the practice of magic, the use of drugs, or violence.
Where were you when you learned the people involved in Palladium books are decidedly not metal?
>>
File: who even remembers the program.png (306KB, 617x824px) Image search: [Google]
who even remembers the program.png
306KB, 617x824px
>>53310032
A few pages later in the same book Kevvy goes on a rant about some retarded movie that came out around the same time as the book.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.