[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best system for a space opera that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: star warsiors.jpg (155KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
star warsiors.jpg
155KB, 500x669px
What's the best system for a space opera that doesn't take as long as Traveller to set up, isn't as slow/complex as GURPS and not as basic as FATE?

Picture unrelated.
>>
>>53289038
>door ladder
Alright, you've earned an answer.
Try Edge of the Empire.
>>
>>53289038
Uncharted Worlds? It's PbtA.
I know you said no FATE, but have you looked into Mindjammer or diaspora? If nothing else, stealing diaspora's system generation sub-system is a great idea.
>>
>>53289126
>>53289355
I'm an idiot I forgot to mention it's dieselpunk and will involve space combat but not so much millions of systems and aliens.

Mindjammer looks too high tech, diaspora looks interesting. Edge of the Empire might work.
>>
>>53289038
Fuck, you just reminded me of those, these must me the best shitty knock-offs I've ever seen. And this is not even the best part, the descriptions on the back of them are comedy gold. I think I've even seen a poster somewhere...
>>
There's Stars Without Number and White Star, but both of them are retroclones based on older editions of D&D. SWN has some excellent tables for faction and planet generation though.
>>
File: lady_blackbird.pdf (5MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
lady_blackbird.pdf
5MB, 1x1px
>>53289502
>I'm an idiot I forgot to mention it's dieselpunk and will involve space combat but not so much millions of systems and aliens.

Check out Lady Blackbird

upload related.
>>
>>53289502
Dieselpunk space opera sounds dope, best of luck.
>>
Savage Worlds.
>>
>>53289038
Take a look at the d6 system. It works for any setting and has a book specifically for space. It's a good middleground between the games you mentioned I believe. It was used for the original Star Wars game so the generic version should work for your purposes. And it's all released for free online since the company is dead.
>>
File: 1418031694138.jpg (31KB, 525x479px) Image search: [Google]
1418031694138.jpg
31KB, 525x479px
>>53289631
Cheers I'll have a look
>>53289896
Thanks mate, started working on the world recently, head is exploding with ideas.
>>53290002
This sounds perfect actually, thank you.

Is the system all online or are there any physical books?
>>
>>53290178
The company is long lead so the books would have to be found from third party sellers, but they're all available as online pdfs here https://ogc.rpglibrary.org/index.php?title=OpenD6

I really like the system, but it is a kinda 90s in feel for what it's worth.
>>
>>53290294
Thank you I think this system will work well.

Done some googling

>Plans for the D6 System are still in development

Wonder if they'll reprint.
>>
I found that the d6 system spirals very out of hand very easily.
>>
File: Alternity.jpg (64KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Alternity.jpg
64KB, 500x333px
>>53289038
Alternity. Star*Drive setting.
>>
File: savage worlds scifi.jpg (44KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
savage worlds scifi.jpg
44KB, 288x432px
>>53289038
I don't know about the best, but you could try Savage Worlds with the Science Fiction Companion.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.